Chapter 27

It's Me

A week had passed and you continued your life. You wake up with swollen eyes and you cry yourself to sleep. It had been an awful week to you and you expect that it’ll heal faster but the more you think of Kyuhyun and Jaehyun, the more you feel sick.

 

“Dear, Kyuhyun is outside.” Your mom knocked.

“I don’t want to see him Mom. Not right now.” You replied as you wipe your tears.

 

Kyuhyun was visiting every now and then and you’re wondering why your mom welcomes him inside the house. He hurt you and accidentally took something that’s so important to you.

You’re avoiding his calls, messages and now visits. You can’t afford to talk to him yet. Maybe if the wounds will hear faster, you can able to face him. But right now, you just can’t.

 

“_____-ah, are you alright? You’ve been in and out of the bathroom.” Nana asked as you went back to the shoot.

You nodded and smiled. “I just ate something bad.” You lied, trying to cover the truth that you’re pregnant and you’re suffering from morning sickness.

 

The effects of being pregnant are finally hitting you. You’ve been waking up and throwing all the things you ate that night. You’ve been eating all sorts of foods from sweet, sour to spicy.

There was a time when Nana asked you of what do you want for lunch, you suddenly asked for a bowl of kimchi soup, tangerine and sundae.

“WHAT?!” Nana exclaimed.

You just smiled at her. “I just want to eat those. Can’t I?”

Nana gave you a look.

 

“How are you feeling Mrs. Cho?” Your pediatrician asked.

CALL ME MRS.CHO AGAIN AND I SWEAR! TOMORROW YOU'LL LOSE YOUR JOB.

“You can call me _____. I’m doing well. My mom told me that it’s normal for a pregnant woman to feel those stuff.” You replied, giving her a faint smile.

You visited your pedia for an ultra sound and she gave you a picture of your baby. You almost cried when she showed you your and Kyuhyun’s baby.

“When your tummy is already big, you should ask your husband to accompany you.” The pedia suggested.

Her statement made you want to shout at her. The image of you and Kyuhyun going to her clinic played on your mind and for a second, it made you feel happy but when the girl was changed into a Jaehyun, you immediately dismissed the sour thought.

 

You went out of her office and to your surprise, you saw a familiar doctor wandering around.

“HYUKJAE!!” You can’t help but shout his name and it made him whip his head to your direction. He immediately flashed his gummy smile.

“What are you doing here?” You asked as he walks towards to you.

“I was transferred here. You?” Hyukjae asked then he realized that you came out from the office of a pedia. “… Are you… pregnant?” Hyukjae asked. There was a glint of surprise and a little bit of hurt in his voice.

You were so stunned at his sudden question. But of course, you don’t want him to know that you’re in a complicated and twisted situation.

“NO!” You shook your head. “I… I just accompanied a friend of mine. I’m about to leave now.” You replied and let out a nervous laugh, hoping that he’ll believe.

Hyukjae sighed in relief. “I thought you are.”

“What if I am?” You asked out of curiosity.

There was a sudden intake of air. “Well… Congratulations…” He replied. You’re sad eh?

 

Both of you hanged for a while since you didn’t have the time to say your good bye to him when you went back to Seoul. He was quite upset when you left without him knowing.

You and Hyukjae went to a restaurant not too far from the hospital. Hyukjae was telling stories about those kids and sadly, one of them died.

“He’s suffering con heart disease. We weren’t able to save him.” Hyukjae sadly announced as he replayed the scene that happened during that time.

You felt your heart constricts as he spill that sad news. Then a lot of what ifs bombarded your mind. What if my baby is like him? What if my baby is unhealthy and sick? The thought made you feel dizzy.

 

Both of you settled to the table near the window of the restaurant. While Hyukjae went to the washroom, you saw a familiar car stopping. OH !

It was Kyuhyun’s car and beside him was Jaehyun. You panicked at the sight of them. When you turned your head to the other side, not wanting to be noticed by them, you saw Hyukjae approaching you.

 

“Are you ok? You’re pale.” Hyukjae noticed your condition.

“I… I…” You weren’t able to finish because everything went black to you.

 

“Mommy!! Look!” She was running to me and she’s holding a paper.

My baby just got home from school and she looks extremely happy.

“Look mommy, I draw you, dad and me.” She showed me the paper.

 

There are three stick-men on the paper. The one is wearing a pink dress which I guess is me. The other one who’s quite taller than me is wearing a blue pants which I assume is my partner and the little one who’s wearing pink too is my baby.

I grinned as I examined the drawing of my daughter.

 

“I HATE YOU DADDY!! I HATE YOU!!!!!” She was crying. Her eyes were red. She was shouting and throwing her toys to her dad.

“YOU HURT MOMMY!!! I HATE YOU!!!!” She threw the doll that her daddy bought for her.

“Daddy didn’t hurt mommy.” Her dad explained but she covered her ears whenever he reasons out.

“NOOOO!!! GET OUT OF MOMMY’S HOUSE!! I HATE YOU!!!!” She screamed.

She stood up and pulled out the paper that she pinned on her cork board.

“LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO HER!” She pointed at the stick-man who looks like a girl. Her face is sad. She’s even crying.

“You made her cry. You hurt her. You don’t love her daddy! You don’t!”

 

“_____!! _____!! You’re having a nightmare! Wake up!!”

You opened your eyes and you looked around. You’re inside the hospital.

There are sweats on your forehead. You’re breathing heavily; like you ran on a marathon.

“Where am I?” You immediately asked the moment you went back to the reality.

“You’re on a hospital Mrs. Cho. You fainted a while ago. Don’t worry, the baby is good. You just have to eat more.” The nurse announced and it made you release the breath that you’ve been holding.

 

You scanned the room and it was empty. “Did you wake me?” You asked again.

The nurse nodded. She was adjusting your IV. “You’ll be discharged after the last drop of your UV. We also called your husband to inform that you’re he-“

“_____!!!”

Before the nurse could finish talking, the ‘husband’ that she’s talking about barged inside your room.


I'm sorry to say guys... Donghae might not make it to the story. T__T