Chapter 31

It's Me

After a week from being hospitalized, you and Kyuhyun stayed together almost all of the time. He hired someone to take care of the coffee shop for the mean time so that he could monitor you 24/7.

 

“How about going out today?” You asked getting extremely bored.

 

After you got discharged, Kyuhyun won’t let you go out of the house without him. Wherever you go, he wants to be there for you. At first, you’re feeling alienated because he’s acting like that but finally, you realized that he cares for you because he loves you so much. Though Kyuhyun didn’t say that he loves you often.

 

“How about no? Let’s just stay here.” Kyuhyun replied as he tightened his hug around your waist.

 

Both of you are lying on the bedroom and take note, it was already 3 P.M. After both of you ate lunch, Kyuhyun dragged you back to the bedroom and lay around there for God knows how many hours.

 

“Why are you locking me? I want to go to the mall and eat ice cream there or do something more fun than you, locking me up in here.” You complained as you tried to stand up but Kyuhyun won’t let you.

 

Kyuhyun groaned at your complain.

 

“Please?~~~” You asked putting that puppy dog face of yours.

 

Kyuhyun looked up to you and he saw that puppy face, a smile was immediately plastered on his face.

 

“Ok.” He replied.

 

When both of you arrived on the ice cream shop that you liked, you ordered for your favorite passion fruit gelato and went back to the table where a calm Cho Kyuhyun is waiting for you.

“You won’t eat?” You asked as you sat across him.

 

“You didn’t order something for me?!” Kyuhyun asked absolutely bemused.

 

 You’re contemplating whether to laugh or just shut up there. But his reaction is really making you laugh. You released a giggle. You never thought that he’ll expect that you’ll order something for him plus, you don’t know what his favorite flavor is.

 

“It’s good to see you smile.” Kyuhyun commented before going to the counter and order something for himself.

 

After going to the ice cream shop, both of you went to the mall to have some stroll. Kyuhyun’s hand was tightly holding yours and it made you wonder why.

 

“Can I ask a question?” You blurted out and it caught Kyuhyun’s attention.

 

Kyuhyun turned his head to you and raised his brows, a sign that he’s willing to answer whatever your question is.

 

The question that you’re about to ask is been unspoken for a long time already. You’re finding the right time to spill it out but you just can’t because Kyuhyun is busy in keeping you occupied with his time.

 

“Why are you acting like this?” You asked, extremely confused.

 

“What are you talking about?” Kyuhyun asked back, not answering your question.

 

UGH! Just answer the question Cho!

 

“Why did you lock me up the whole week? And you keep on making sure that I’m safe. Why?” You asked again. This time, you’re hoping that Kyuhyun would finally answer your question.

 

Kyuhyun blinked for a moment and released a heavy sigh. For some reason, your heart beat accelerated and you’re feeling uneasy.

 

“Because of Jaehyun.” Kyuhyun answered.

 

That simple answer of him made you cringe. It’s been a long time since you last heard her name and you feel thankful for it. All those times, Kyuhyun was trying to erase the memory of Jaehyun to your head and he successfully did it. But today, right at this time, it made you feel uneasy again. You don’t know what you can do to her when you faced her again. Well, if that would happen because basically, your husband won’t let you go out.

 

“My dad sent some people to hunt Jaehyun down. She’s been missing after that incident. I, myself, is feeling scared because of your safety that’s why I can’t just let you go out by yourself.” Kyuhyun explained and you felt the grip of his hand got tighter.

 

You’re putting together all the things that you learned today and one thing is for sure, Jaehyun is still around the corner and she might continue to kill you or worse, kill Kyuhyun. The thought of Kyuhyun dying made your legs jelly and you literally tripped onto your own shoe lace.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Kyuhyun asked as he holds you for balance.

 

You nodded not sure if you really are ok.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m here. It’s me who will protect you.

 

Kyuhyun’s words warmed your heart and made the butterflies around your stomach go hyperactive. You still can’t handle things like this whenever he say cheesy stuffs.


I AM REALLY SORRY FOR THE LAME AND LATE UPDATE. T_____T

to be very honest, I'm having a writer's block. T_T but hopefully, it'll all be gone soon so that i'll be able to give you some good updates. 

 

again, I am so sorry. ;;;;