8 - where have u been?!

Yours, mine, ours

c/to:monsterLea

 

 

 

 

Dara POV

 

I’m trying really hard to sit very still as uncomfortable as I may be. You know how in cartoon shows where a character cries really hard, tears comes out like waterfalls and eventually forms some kind of pool in a particular area. That’s my situation right now, except there are no waterfalls of tears and no forming of water anywhere. Tears are all in by my clothes (bottom half of my shirt and crotch area of my pants, yeah I know, I looked like I peed while sleeping lying on my front side) as Bom cried like her boyfriend just died. Oh wait, that’s what gonna happen to him in the event that we crossed paths.

 

 

 

“Ssshh!!” I lamely cooed while rolling my eyes. I’m such a bad friend. It’s times like this that I felt helpless because I don’t know how to comfort her at the same time I want to strangle her so that she’ll stop crying like an annoying .

 

 

“Are you rolling your eyes right now? I know you’re rolling your eyes right now.” She said between hiccups. “I’m so pathetic, aren’t I?”

 

 

She rose up from lying on my lap and continued bawling while talking. “It’s my fault. I leaked of stupidity; I think I need to see a doctor.”

 

 

“I should’ve seen the signs.” She continued. Note that this is the third time she’s telling this story. First was when she suddenly barged in the office while I was sorting out Jiyong’s fan mails (I mostly wanted him to read criticisms of his bad behavior from haters), then, when we were driving on the way to my house so that she can finally cry and now, on top of my bed surrounded by used, re-used and unused tissues, different kinds of chocolates and a bottle of vodka (another bottle is stashed under the bed, just in case).

 

 

“Ditching our date for a meeting at 10 pm, staying up late in the office because of a project that he doesn’t even talk to me about, and finally that lipstick on his collar, cherry red D,” she held my shoulders, “he told me it was from his mother, stupid me, his mom, no offense, is an old lady in a wheelchair. What would she need a cherry red lipstick for?”

 

 

Apparently, Bom caught her boyfriend cheating on her. She surprised visit him that afternoon so that they can go back to his house together and so she can cook for him and have a nice, quiet dinner. Instead, she was the one who got the surprise of her life when she opened the door to his office and caught a lady lowering his pants. It was his secretary.

 

 

“It’s always the secretary. Fcking secretaries. Fcking stupid hair-in-a-bun secretaries. ing stupid hair-in-a-bun, glasses-wearing secretaries. No offense.” She ranted before sneezing in a tissue.

 

 

“I’m not a secretary.”

 

 

“You’re sort of like a secretary.”

 

 

“Tying my hair in a bun and wearing glasses doesn’t make me a secretary.”

 

 

“Being around Jiyong everyday makes you his secretary. Are you having with him too?”

 

 

“What? Ew.” I literally shuddered at what she said.

 

 

“What do you mean, ‘ew’?” she paused as she took a swig of the vodka. “Jiyong is a hot and he’s single. You two are always together might as well do it with him.”

 

 

 

It’s just the vodka talking. It’s the vodka talking.

 

 

“Are you done crying? Can we move on with our lives now?”

 

 

“Yup.” She said popping her ‘p’ and with one last sneeze she grinned at me and said, “Let me just go get my shotgun so we can drive-by his house and remodel it.”

 

 

I smiled at her and I knew she got over it. Whatever remaining feeling she had left for that guy revolves around resentment and a little need for revenge. But she’s absolutely handling it well.

 

 

“So listen,” she said after a few minutes. “Since I don’t have a boyfriend to worry about anymore, I’m thinking I’ll go all out tomorrow night.”

 

 

“Go get them.” I replied and totally agree. What best revenge there is but to replace your ex with someone hotter and not to mention famous? I’m pretty sure Choi Siwon is single right now. Bom and I had a secret obsession on him. He’s real dreamy. And Bom is pretty hot, there’s 70% chance he’ll notice her.

 

 

“I’m thinking, you should be my wingman or wing woman.”

 

 

“I’m thinking, no.” I flatly declined. Is she serious? The reason I asked her to be Jiyong’s date is because I don’t want to be there. Now, she’s asking me to be her wing-what.

 

 

“Come on, my boyfriend cheated on me. I need you.”

 

 

“I already did my job. I’m here, aren’t I? I turned off my phone so most likely Jiyong has gone ballistic by now. I’m being very supportive.”

 

 

She stared at me with wide pleading puppy eyes. I hate it when she does that. It makes me want to agree with her no matter what.

 

 

“Remember freshman year,” Oh, here we go, she’s gonna bring up everything we did in the past when we were young and stupid and she’s gonna find one fault and pin it to me for blackmail. I rolled my eyes and started fixing our mess.

 

 

“It’s not going to work, Bommie. I’m not going. I’m having dinner with Sanghyun.”

 

 

“If Sanghyun’s awake he’s gonna tell you to get a life.”

 

 

 

I stiffened. How can I when he’s lying in a hospital bed unconscious instead of enjoying the better part of his teenage life. And it’s all because of me.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry,” Bom quickly apologized, “That was uncalled for. I-I’m really sorry, D.” she said holding my hand.

 

 

“It’s fine. Don’t worry about it.”

 

 

“I’m really sorry. I d-didn’t…It’s the vodka’s fault. No wait, I blame the secretary.”

 

 

I chuckled a little and hugged her. “I’m sorry.” she repeated.

 

 

“If you say you’re sorry one more time I’m gonna hurt you.”

 

 

Before Bom could say anything, she was cut off by a loud knock at the front door.

 

 

I unlocked my front door and opened it. Before I could react, Jiyong barreled in, all fired up.

 

 

“Where have you been? You’re supposed to be in the office where I left you and why can’t I reach your phone? I need you to tell me which magazine should have me as their cover for next month’s issue. I just met up with Yanggaeng—he had friends on both Vogue and W Korea magazines and both showed me wonderful concepts.”

 

 

Jiyong stormed into my mini-kitchen, so engrossed in his rant he didn’t notice passing by Bom who just came out of my bedroom. He opened my fridge and helped himself with some vitamin water.

 

 

“YG-hyung told me to choose the concept that would be perfect to introduce my new album,” he continued panic-stricken, “W Korea got my image tapped down with a crazy colorful concept while Vogue wanted me to go innocent . I can’t decide coz’ I wanted both. Crazy describes my new song but going on a shoot can also be considered crazy in a y way, which is so me. Which one should I go for? I need an answer now.” Finished with his rant, he took a sip of water and finally noticed Bom.

 

 

“Wow, he’s like a hurricane.” Bom commented not taking her eyes off of him.

 

 

Jiyong stared at her with furrowed brows, “You’re my date tomorrow.”

 

 

“You know me. I’m flattered.” Bom said.

 

 

“Hard to forget that face.” He smiled charmingly.

 

 

“Oh please. I’m sure Dara showed you an ugly picture of me, it’s okay, you don’t have to cover for her. And I’m not pretty now, my eyes are puffy. I have been crying.”

 

 

“Whoever made you cry made such a huge mistake. A girl like you should be treated like a princess.”

 

 

“Do go on with your flirting, if you don’t mind me puking.” I interrupted.

 

 

“You made a rhyme, that’s so cute.” Bom said, turning her back on Jiyong and then mouthing the word ‘jealous?’ on me. Bile of alcohol vomit is starting to push their way into my trachea.

 

 

I choose to roll my eyes, “Jiyong, Bom. Bom, Jiyong.” I introduced them swinging my head in their direction as I mention their names.

 

 

They shook hands and Bom just can’t keep shut. “You’ve been a very bad boy Kwon Jiyong. I ought to teach you a lesson.”

 

 

“Come on, Dara’s your best friend. You should know she likes to exaggerate. I’m not that bad.”

 

 

“I do not like to exaggerate,” I voiced out before their conversation gets out of hand. “And will you please be nice to each other tomorrow. Bom, be with Jiyong when he enters and make sure he doesn’t get side-tracked on the way to a stripper’s house. Jiyong, Bom just got a bad break-up, make sure she gets drunk and get a hook-up, just not with you.”

 

 

“She’s so blunt, I don’t know whether to be amused or irritated” Jiyong told Bom.

 

 

“I’ve lived with that since high school. She got us a lot of enemies but it was fun.” Bom told Jiyong.

 

 

I choose to ignore them and went on, “YG rented out a limo, so really, not much to do in your part Bommie but you must stay alert. First thing you’re talking about the weather and then the next second he has convinced you that the best way to get over your ex is by doing something completely stupid, you’re gonna wish you we’re never born.”

 

 

“You know me too much, it’s freaky. But not to worry, I wouldn’t let Ms. Bom get into trouble.” Jiyong said with a stoic face before turning to Bom. “I’m more interested with how you knew TOP-hyung. He seems to know you well. Please, I want blackmail worthy details.”

 

 

“Oh yeah, what’s up with that?” I asked, really interested as well.

 

 

Bom smiled mysteriously, “Who is he going with?”

 

 

“A trainee. They are going just as friends if that’s what you want to know.”

 

 

Bom is smiling widely with her head above the clouds while Jiyong and I stared at her and finally at each other with puzzling looks.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

Ha! I know a lot of you have been waiting for the night of the party but,

what can i say? I'm a troll

see you next chapter.

gimme some lovin' below that would make me update faster.

peace out

xoxo