1 - Phenomenal Girl

Yours, mine, ours

c/to: monsterLea

c/to: monsterLea

 

 

 

 

Writer's POV

Dara unwillingly woke up to the sound of her phone ringing to the beat personally customized for a certain person. She felt sorry after realizing that she grumpily shouted at an innocent casualty who woke her up to inform herregarding the whereabouts of her supposedly intended victim.

‘I am so killing him’, she irately thought hanging up the phone call.

It’s a good thing that she was too tired when she came in earlier at 2 am, she didn’t have the energy to even get out of her casual work clothes and just lazily slumped at her inviting soft bed. Now its 3 am, not even enough to introduce the prologue of a dream, and she has to pick up her selfish drunk boss at a club that most likely is surrounded by paparazzi that wants a piece of him.

Sometimes, she thinks it’s best if the world would just know what kind of a swine their idol is but she’s too concern of how she would be if the world would end up hating her only means of profit.

It’s not easy to land this kind of job you know, especially when you didn’t even finish college. But YG Company needed someone like Sandara Park. Smart, driven, has a strong personality, needs money, and has an extensive rope of patience. These are major characteristics that one needs to have to be able to work as a Manager/personal assistant, or, with what from the inside would call, PA, of the extremely popular leader of South Korea’s number one boy group ‘Big Bang’, Kwon Jiyong.

You see, fans are aware of their idol’s bad habits, but because YG sajangnim works very hard to pacify preposterous but totally true articles about Kwon Jiyong, he remains the apple of everyone’s eyes.

But not for Sandara Park’s eye-glasses wearing eyes. Kwon Jiyong is her worst nightmare, as if he’s perfectionist attitude is not enough to annoy her to death but he’s also selfish and rude and a complete narcissist.

YG sajangnim calls her the ‘phenomenal girl’ when she lasted three months at work. He said that before her, Jiyong’s PAs’ wouldn’t even last a week. His PA count exceeds the members of YG family. Not until YG himself, who, for unknown reasons, decided to walk along Han River just to notice a girl slumping on a pool of misery and when he ask her what’s wrong.

“I’m a 4th year student majoring in Psychology, but because I’m broke, I can’t continue my studies, I badly needed a job that is high-paying and by all means legal, but it seemed that Korea is suffering from recession and therefore can’t possibly hire someone who hasn’t graduated yet. Imagine the embarrassment I felt when I went inside a food house to apply as a waitress and they rejected me because I was inexperienced. What experience do you need if you just have to wait for tables, I mean, come on. Aurgh!! What was I thinking anyways? Where is a salary of a waitress taking me?” she stared at YG for a while then said, “I’m sorry, you are?”

YG smiled and offer a hand shake, “Your salvation.”

Not. He turned out to be the second person she hates the most, Jiyong still tops her list. Mr. Yang is a very scary person when he’s mad but turned to be sweet and father-like whenever Jiyong gives her a hard time, which is every day. But that doesn’t make him any less hateful. She thought she would be given office work but ‘lo and behold, she was assigned to take care of a dragon. If only she doesn’t need money, she would totally slice this dragon and its father to pieces.

On her 5th month, she jokingly mentioned quitting if YG won’t give her a raise, so with wide-eyes, out of a combination of shock and fear of her leaving, YG gave her a raise. She thought she would threaten him every now and then whenever she wanted a raise, but that’s just immoral not to mention wickedly awesome.

So now here she is on her way of entering the dreaded club on which the dragon is in. She’s tired and suddenly hungry, not a very good combination of a Dara that is also deprived of sleep.

She reached out for his wallet and hurriedly paid up before asking a waiter to help her load Jiyong on his car. She asked him to wait for her at the exit door as she just has to drive his car there to avoid paparazzis. The waiter understands. She made sure to give him good tip before they left.

“Aw!” Jiyong cried when his head hit the wall as Dara helped him get inside his room.

“Oh, did you hit your head? Good then.” Dara said knowing what she said would just be ignored by the too drunk Jiyong. Good thing that Shar-Pei Gaho isn’t there either or she would’ve leave Jiyong at his doorstep.

“Jina…” he whimpered as Dara positioned him on the bed.

“Jina again. Just who the fck is this Jina girl.” Dara grumbled. She had heard this name before, a lot of times whenever Jiyong gets completely drunk but like the usual days, she intend to forget unimportant things whenever she’s tired and wanted to kill someone.

Its 20 minutes after 4 and Jiyong got an 8 o’clock photo shoot. She decided to sleepover by his couch. She does this on moments that she’s short on time.

*****

Dara's POV

“Jiyong, wake up.” I said as I exaggeratedly shook him. I need to do this you know; he’s sleeps like a log. He just moaned.

“We’re going to hit traffic if you don’t hurry.” I threatened as if that would make him scamper out of his bed. He moaned again.

“YAH!!!” I screamed on his ears. He pulled himself out of bed and into the showers. Finally.

I fixed him breakfast while he got himself ready. When he came out he started whining.

“Hurry up, will you? I thought we’re afraid to hit traffic.” He said tapping the table for food.

I scurried anyway. He ate quietly while I prepare hangover medicine.

“Did you sleep here?” he asked after a minute.

“Yeah” I weakly said sipping the coffee I made for myself.

“You must be tired huh? Have you eaten?” He asked. I know where this is going.

“What do you want?” I said.

“Wow. You really know me that well. You see, my friend MuHyun, is having a birthday party this weekend, maybe you could clear up my sched.” He said batting his eyelashes. Cute.

“Big Bang needs to go to Japan this weekend.” I said.

“That’s why I need you to clear it up.” he said.

“You want me to cancel your group activity just because you want to attend your friend’s birthday. That’s just selfish.”

“I’m sure they’ll understand. We’ll go another weekend. I really need to attend this.” He said.

“Why? Won’t MuHyun-shi be able to blow his candles without you?” I retorted.

He sighed loudly. Oh boy, here come the tantrums.

“Why won’t you just do what I say? I’m your boss.”

“Because you’re being unreasonable.” I said. “If you’re not eating, let’s go.” I got up and went ahead him. I stopped by the door when he just sat there staring down at me, mafia-style.

“You know what this is called? Abuse of powers!” He said. “Just because YG-hyung always favors you, you now think you can just do whatever you want.” How dare this . So I’m the one abusing powers. Is he hearing himself?

“Let me make it clear for you that you answer directly to me. I’M your boss”

“I think we’ve established that fact ever since three years ago so I don’t really need you reminding me that.” I said stifling my annoyance.

“Hmm…so why won’t you just cancel Japan like what your boss just said.” He said pointing at himself.

Unbelievable. “Hmm…because both you and I, sir, answers to an even greater power whom everybody knows as YG-sajangnim, so if he says you’re going to Japan this weekend that means you are going to Japan this weekend or both our asses are fried. Now let’s go, photo shoot is waiting.”

 He finally move towards the door after 30 seconds of stomping his feet in place. He stopped by the doorstep, “Clean that up first. You know I don’t want to come back to a messy place.” He told me before he continued walking away. Brat!


*****

Writer’s POV

“Let’s go” Jiyong told the driver as he stepped inside the van.

“What about Dara?” Joong asked. His driver. He lasted because Dara is keeping his sanity intact.

“She said she’ll just take a cab. She needed to finish something first.” Jiyong replied trying to catch some sleep.

Joong looked at him suspiciously. Noticing the van not moving, “Go!” Jiyong commanded. Joong sped away shaking his head.

When they reached the location, Joong had a hard time waking Jiyong up. He’s more than aware of how he is when he’s suddenly awakened.

“Dara-ya, where are you?” he whined.

“Oh, Joong-hyung, you’re late,” A voice from behind called. When he turned his face, he saw Lee Seungri approaching. ‘Not much of a help’, he thought silently.

“Where’s Dara-noona?” Seungri continued on prying.

“Seungri-ah, can you help me wake up your hyung, you said he’s running late right. We need to hurry then.” Joong tried though he knows it’s futile.

Seungri looked at him like he grew two heads, “No way! Where is Dara-noona?”

“I’m guessing they fought or more like Dara didn’t gave Jiyong what he wanted.” Joong replied.

“Aisht! They’re both stubborn. Wait here hyung, I’ll call on the others.”

When Seungri came back Choi Seunghyun tagged along. A sigh of relief came out of Joong’s mouth. Seunghyun or TOP, as what everybody is known him for, is at least not scared of a ‘just woken up Jiyong’.

TOP shook Jiyong profusely like he’s shaking a bottle of medicine. Jiyong grumpily woke up and started throwing tantrums.

“What the hell?!” He began. “Can’t you wake me up normally?” He screamed at TOP’s face.

Joong and Seungri began unloading his stuffs. Scared of what Jiyong might do.

“Yah! You should be thankful that I woke you. You’re late. That’s very unprofessional Ji.” TOP retorted. “That’s why I told you to come crash with me after three clubs last night. You’re very much hangover.”

“Shut up Mom!!! God! You’re worse than Dara.” Jiyong said stepping out of the car. “Joong carry all of that inside.” He told Joong as he walked away.

Dong Youngbae, another member of Big Bang was taking his solo shots when Jiyong came in. The make-up artist started hovering around him when he sat down the chair facing the mirror. As she was applying him foundation, she accidentally pricked his face with her fingernails.

“Yah! That hurts, what’ll you do if that leaves a mark.” He shouted. The girl cowers down as Jiyong continued on giving her lectures.

“Hyung, calm down. I’m pretty sure a little fingernail prick wouldn’t leave a mark.” Kang Daesung said comforting the girl that was almost in tears. “She was just doing her job.”

“Well she should do it properly.”

Daesung ignored him. “He just woke up.” He told the girl. She understands, she worked with them before and he’s aware of how Jiyong could be rude. It’s just that he’s late and they don’t wanna be there any longer because Big Bang had a performance at Inkigayo later tonight.

She continued applying him make-up very gently now. While she’s at it, their stylist, YangGaeng, came in and started rummaging through Jiyong’s clothes.

“Ji, where are those red flannel jacket I told you to bring?” YangGaeng asked.

“It’s just in there.” He replied.

“No it’s not, look for it or you’re taking your pictures .”

When the make-up artist was done putting up his make-up he started looking for the damned flannel. He couldn’t find it at any bags that Dara packed.

“Hyung, its you’re turn.” Seungri peeked into inform him that all of them are done taking solo shots.

“What happened here?” YangGaeng asked suddenly in front of Jiyong.

The room looked like a tornado just passed by. All other staffs are too scared to come in as they can hear Jiyong cursing inside the room.

“Can’t I wear another outfit?” he asked.

“No. You’re wearing those for your solos.” YangGaeng then turned to Seungri and told him to ask the photographer to prep up for group shots.

“Wear these first for group shots.” He told Jiyong handing him a pair of clothes. “If I don’t see Dara within 10 minutes, I’m shaving your head bald.” He threatened before leaving.

Jiyong has no choice but to call her. Five rings have passed before she answered. Her cheerful ‘hello’ pissed him hundred folds.

“Where are you?” Jiyong hissed under his phone as he started changing.

“I’m enjoying my free time, thanks to you.” Dara replied on the other line.

“If you’re not here in 5 minutes, I’ll shave your head after YangGaeng shaves mine.” He quickly hangs up.

30 minutes had passed and still no signs of Dara. Good thing he’s in the middle of the photo shoot that’s why he’s able to dodge YangGaeng’s death glares.

No one dared to go inside the damaged room though to at least try and look for the much needed flannel jacket. It’s just too messy they can’t figure out which is which.

“What the hell happened here?!”

Everybody diverted their attention to the ‘damaged room’ where the shrieking voice came from. There stood Dara, carrying paper bags containing packed lunch for everyone, staring directly at the mess she very much knew who had caused it.

“Its Jiyong-hyung’s fault,” Seungri confirmed, “He was looking for a red flannel jacket.”

“Why are you late?” Jiyong has his voice raised at her after beating up Seungri.

“Oh I’m sorry,” Dara replied clutching her chest with bags still hanging at her arms, “I was under the impression that I wasn’t needed here since you suddenly disappeared leaving me behind.”

Jiyong tried to talk back but no insulting words came to mind. He just settled with, “Find that jacket.”

“Go back to work.” Dara retorted.

“It’s fine Dara-shi,” The photographer politely yelled from the set. “They’re done taking group shots, prep him up for his solos please.” He smiled at Dara.

“Oh ok, umm…I brought lunch for everybody, it’s not much but it’s a sorry-for-the-inconvenience lunch, please do help yourselves.” Dara honestly said handing a staff the bags she’s carrying.

Dara and the photographer were still ogling at each other which did not escape Jiyong’s eyes.

“JACKET!” He screamed at Dara’s face to distract her. She scampered away looking for it.

Jiyong and YangGaeng stared at Dara as she opened Jiyong’s Louis Vuitton duffle bag. Inside she zipped open another compartment then out came the miraculous red flannel jacket folded neatly inside a plastic bag.

“Why would you put that in there?” Jiyong asked as Dara threw the jacket at him.

“You said to put it separately from your other clothes.” Dara replied while trying to fix the messy room.


*****

Dara's POV

“Okay, good shots, that’s it for today.” The photographer told Jiyong.

I quickly handed Jiyong a bottled water. The rest of Big Bang has already gone to prepare for Inkigayo together with their own PAs’ and YangGaeng.

Jiyong was the only one left to finish the shoot and he doesn’t even seemed worried about possibly getting late again.

“What’s wrong with you?” he rudely asked.

“Can you drink that while walking, you’re going to be late for Inkigayo.” I explained fiddling.

“Relax. They won’t begin without me.” He said deliberately taking his time drinking the water.

“Of course. How could they?” I told the wind.

Just then a flash of light came in to me; I realize it came from a camera. “What was that all about?” I asked the cutie-pie photographer.

“You’re really pretty,” he said. Jiyong choked up his water laughing.

“You should consider modeling.” He continued smiling at me, ignoring the laughing psycho beside me. ‘He’s so cool’ I thought as he walks away waving goodbye.

“You should give him your glasses; he needs it more than you do.” Jiyong told me as he walked away still laughing. Jerk-off.

I really wish he would trip and fall then break his skull but judging by how graceful he walks no such luck for me.