20 - This is goodbye...

Yours, mine, ours

c/to: monsterLea

 

 

 

 

 

 

DARA

 

 

 

“You really did a great job in the MV Dara, I’m so proud of you.”

“Thanks, I really had fun doing it.”

“That’s nice to hear.”

 

 

 

 

“Great job, really.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re name is number one on search engines.”

“Hmm.”

“Great acting. You—,”

 

“OKAY, ENOUGH.” I unintentionally shouted. He’s been giving me praises for the past 20 minutes. I appreciate it, like I’ve been telling him (for the past 20 minutes) but enough is enough.

 

 

“For the last time, thank you for the repetitive compliments, I appreciate it. Really, thank you. But can you get to the point already?”

 

“Can’t wait to get to Jiyong?”

 

I immediately point a finger to stop him and said, “You’re stalling again.”

 

He breathed deeply before taking out a folder from one of his side drawers. He dropped it in front of him and with a strong flick of his hand; the folder was in front of me.

 

 

 

The Return of Iljimae,” I read aloud the title of the folder.

 

“Open it.” He suggested.

 

 

I was hesitant.

 

You don’t just open folders with YG, especially not inside his office.

 

It’s a very dangerous place.

 

“Come on,” he urged.

 

“I really don’t want to.”

 

“It’s a script, Dara, not a time bomb. Open it.” He said this while looking at the toys surrounding his table.

 

“A script?”

 

“For a drama.”

 

“For a drama?!”

 

 “The director of that drama is a friend of mine.”

 

“And…”

 

“They needed an actress to play an extra role.”

 

“And…”

 

“The part is yours.”

 

“No kidding.”

 

“But before the filming starts, I was hoping you would sign as an official YG actress.” He said very, very carefully.

 

Right.

 

Not gonna happen.

 

“Yay!” I exclaimed excitedly just to see his reaction. I have a feeling that it will only keep going crazy.

 

“Right.” He exclaimed much more excitedly than I did, this time his eyes are looking at mine. “Oh thank God,” He breathed out very, very deeply. “I really thought you were going to flipped and go crazy over this. So you like it?” He asked me looking so hopeful.

 

Let me think.

 

Tsk.

 

No.

 

“Oh it’s wonderful. I couldn’t like anything more than a drama script for an acting job I didn’t even KNOW existed. This is just amazing. Like WOW. Thank you for considering me. I’m glad to be UNKNOWINGLY part of this. And to top it all off, YOU want me to sign as a YG actress. That’s so EXCITING. ” I declared with all sarcastic enthusiasm I had.

 

He became glum.

 

“Okay I get it. You don’t like it.”

 

 

Good.

 

“Dara,” He said leaning both of his arms in the table. “I just thought that this is a good opportunity for you—,”

 

 

 

“Ssshh.” I hushed. “I’m going to stop you right there, while it’s still early. I don’t want to be an actress.”

 

He furrowed his eyebrows. “Do you understand what I’m offering right now? I’m giving you the chance that many would die for just so they could be in your shoes and you’re blowing it all away.”

 

 

 

“Did you ever stop to think that maybe I just don’t want this? Stop making me feel guilty for not doing something you selfishly shove down my throat.”

 

“Why don’t you want this? Don’t tell me you don’t want haters because I won’t believe you.”

 

I smiled. “I’ve been around this industry for at least three years and I know how messy it is. You know me, I like my privacy.”

 

“You’re already a public figure as it is; why not just go all the way?”

 

“It’s not the same as being Jiyong’s manager or a short stint in a music video.” I said as a matter of fact. “I just don’t feel like the actuality of being a full-pledge actress would suit me. It’s not me at all.”

 

“Who are you exactly, Dara?”

 

 

“I let you know when I find out.”

 

“Let me help you. You, Dara Park are an actress. How is that?”

 

“You’re not going to quit, aren’t you?”

 

“I’m as stubborn as my artists. That includes you by the way.”

 

“Sorry, sajangnim. It’s still a no.”

 

He sighed deeply, “You leave me with no choice. You’re contract expires this Friday, right?” He asked totally out of the blue.

 

 

 

My company contract stipulates my role and responsibilities as Jiyong’s manager as well as dependability matters regarding my status as one of YG Entertainment’s employee.

 

It specifies yearly renewal, these were my terms. YG offered a 5-year bind to which I refuse for obvious reasons. I indicated on the first time that I would want to try being manager for 6 months only, this way I wouldn’t be breaching my contract if I finally decided that the job wasn’t for me. YG offered another 5-year on the next renewal but after the first 6 months of constant torture from Jiyong, I don’t need more.

 

 

We settled in renewing my contract every year after I whined about Jiyong’s behavior and YG’s argument as to how Jiyong became less unbearable when I became his manager. I finally agreed when he started talking about money.

 

 

I nodded at his question after I count in my mind the date of the last time I signed one up to today. He’s right. My contract does need renewal.

 

 

“I’m not renewing it unless you agreed on becoming an actress.” He declared.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He had got to be kidding me.

 

 

 

“Are you firing me?”

 

 

“Not unless you’d be an actress.”

 

 

“You can’t do that. That’s blatant blackmail. I have rights.”

 

 

“I’m sure you know that hanging out with Jiyong would make you break a lot of rules in this company, Dara. You know how I had folders of everyone’s mischiefs right. I’m telling you, yours is half as thick as Seungri’s folder.”

 

 

I knew there was a reason I hated folders.

 

But for my folder to be half as thick as Seungri’s is undeniably mischievous of me. Everyone knows Seungri is the King of mischiefs. His folder alone must fill in an entire filing cabinet.

 

“You should’ve been fired a long time ago. But because I’m President, I’ll always have a say.” He continued.

 

I am actually shunned to silence.

 

“You’ll have until Friday afternoon to make a decision. You can leave now.”

 

And then he pretended to be busy.

 

Is this really happening?!

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIYONG

 

 

Practice went well.

 

Even though Dara never showed up.

 

And she’s not answering my calls too.

 

Someone’s gonna get it from me.

 

As I walked back to my car, I noticed Dara’s figure looming by my car.

 

Chance no 1.

 

I ran towards her and shock the crap out of her.

 

“OHMYGAHD!!” She exclaimed.

 

Her face was priceless.

 

 

I laughed so hard but stopped when I noticed her staring intently at me.

 

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked because she’s just staring instead of normally glaring.

 

“Nothing.” She breathed out, denying any eye contact.

 

Now I know it’s just nothing.

 

Did the haters finally got to her?

 

I knew I should’ve burn her phone instead of just throwing it out.

 

“Do you want some ice cream?”


She sighed deeply, “I think this is good-bye, Ji”

 

“O--kay,” She could just say bye. Why does she have to make it sound so gloomy? “Can you at least drive me home? I’m really tired.”

 

 

“No. Just ask someone else inside or take a cab. I want to go home too.”

 

What—

 

She turned her back at me and started walking away.

 

 

“Okay fine, I’ll drive myself.”

 

I opened the door to the driver seat and got ready to go home.

 

If she doesn’t want to drive, fine. She didn’t have to be so rude. What’s wrong with her?

 

She seemed adequate this morning, fighting haters with her iPhone.

 

Now, she’s totally just blank.

 

Le sigh! I have always discerned that Dara’s mind is a crazy, dark place.

 

 

 

I’m going there.

 

I turned the ignition on and drove slowly. When I reached her, I rolled down the window of the passenger side. “Hey, hop in. I’ll drive you home.”

 

“I thought you were really tired.” She asked but kept on walking.


“I am. That’s why you have to hurry in before I get completely tired and maybe fall asleep in the wheel and die in a terrible car wreck.”

 

She smiled.

 

When she made an attempt in opening the car door I saw my 2nd chance.

 

 

I gently stepped on the accelerator and my car slowly moved forward.

 

I snorted when she paused just for me to watch her exasperated face.

 

“Come on,” I urged gesturing for her to come.

 

 

I drove forward (again) when she tried for the door (again).

 

I laughed so hard when she kicked the tire in frustration.

 

When she seemed to cease trying, I told her, “Get in now. I promised not to do it again.”

 

 

 

But of course I did it again.

 

Her face was priceless times 20.

 

That’s when she started walking. My guess, she’ll just walk until she reached her house just to let out her annoyance.

 

I’m sooooo good at this.

 

I drove passed her again, this time stopping just right for me to open the door for her in a way that she has to walk around it so she can pass.

 

“I was satisfied by your performance. You can enter now.”

 

She crouched down to level with the car then extended her arms inside to grab my hair.

 

I did not expect that.

 

“I’m going in. If you drive away, you’ll be leaving some of your hair behind.” She stated.

 

 

“Got it.”

 

She only let go of my hair when she had to put on her seatbelt.

 

The price I have to pay just to see any reaction out of her.

 

It was a quiet ride to her house.

 

Did I ever mention that Dara lives around a pig sty?

 

That was only a metaphor.

 

But I swear her neighborhood is so suspicious you’d always have to be on guard.

 

I never leave my car alone in the streets. I might lose a side mirror.

 

I stopped in front of an old building she calls an apartment complex. It’s more like an abandoned complex.

 

“Call me when you’re inside your unit.” I told her while scanning the surroundings. If I didn’t know better, I’d think a zombie might pop out of one of the alleys.

 

I turned my head to her when I faintly heard her sigh.

 

“Seriously, stop sighing so deeply. It gushes out more bad vibes. Do you want us to get murdered here?”

 

“Can I have a hug?” She suddenly asked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Um...awkward.

 

“Sure, but we’ll have to make out afterwards.” I joked.

 

 

 

Her reaction to my joke was unexpected. She reached out for me and gave me one big bear hug to which I returned (unconsciously) by turning my body towards her and held her by her waist.

 

My brain literally ceased functioning the whole time we were hugging and we stayed like that for a few more seconds until she moved away.

 

“Take care of yourself Jiyong.” She said as she cupped my face.

 

Not so long after that, she opened the door to her side and got off of my car.

 

“See you tomorrow, weirdo.” I told her before driving away.

 

 

Well, she was acting really weird.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

okay, so i'm not one to write gloomy stories so..

pls be gentle on your inputs regarding this chappie...

I'll update again as soon as I can..

 

 

xoxo