18 - I think I broke him

Yours, mine, ours

 

c/to: monsterLea

 

 

 

 

 

“CUT!!”

 

All heads we’re turned into the direction of the man who shouted it.

 

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Kwon Jiyong; do you want to sit in my chair?” The director told Jiyong.

 

It was day two of the mv filming. And a kissing scene was added to the story plot.

 

A scene that Jiyong wasn’t informed about.

 

After his secret little discovery in the hospital, he distracted Dara by making her tell him all about the mv concept and when he found out that TOP was going to be Dara’s male lead, he laughed like there was no tomorrow.

 

The idea for him was just ridiculous.

 

Dara made him promise not to visit the set and he was obedient until now.

 

He had it in his head that he’d rather had Dara choke him to death than miss the hilarity that is TOP and Dara going lovey-dovey.

 

But he was in for the surprise of his life when at the moment he stepped in the set, cameras are already rolling and both TOP and Dara are emerged in acting the kissing scene.

 

That’s when he decided to be the director and yelled ‘cut’.

 

“What is happening?” he asked, staring at Dara.

 

“What did I say about coming here?” Dara countered.

 

“That you will choke me. Now, answer my question. What. The. Hell. Is. Happening?!”

 

“Excuse me, but your disturbing our filming.” The director voiced out but Jiyong pushed a palm at his way silencing him.

 

“This filming is over.” Jiyong announce.

 

“No, it’s not.” Dara stood up from her position on the floor to approach Jiyong and give him a little lecture. “I’m sorry, can we take a break.”

 

She didn’t wait for any answer and just approached Jiyong, grabbed his hand, dragged him into one of the empty rooms and yanked him inside.

 

Once inside, she pulled him around, pushed him into the nearest wall and fisted both her hands on his shirt.

 

“Are you serious?” She asked.

 

Dara is pissed. Besides the fact that they had finished at 3am this morning they had to comeback at 8am on the same day to begin shooting the kissing scene. They had spent the whole morning trying to get it right but TOP was being really whiny the entire time. It’s as if the idea of kissing her is going to leave such a bad memory for him, which only contributes to the longevity of the filming.

 

In short, she’s tired and cranky.

 

And Jiyong showing up doesn’t help one bit.

 

 

 

“Are you serious?” Jiyong replied on a much stronger tone. “Was that really happening? Are you really going to kiss TOP-hyung?”

 

“I know. I’m as repulsed as he is but we had to do it. Is there a problem?”

 

“That is my problem.” He stated as a matter of fact.

 

Dara let go of him and thought hard.

 

 

“I’m not following.” She finally said.

 

“The…are you...kiss…?” Jiyong took in a deep breath. “Is the kissing scene really necessary? And why was I not informed about this?”

 

 

Dara shrugged for both questions.

 

“Wait, does Bom know about this?” Jiyong added.

 

 

“Totally. It was her idea after all.”

 

 

“What? Is she crazy?”

 

“Apparently so,” Dara took a seat at a chair across Jiyong. “She took the day off yesterday to come cheer me on and then just before we ended filming she had this stellar idea that would make the video more interesting. The director agreed. TOP was flabbergasted. You should’ve seen his face.”

 

“And so you’re just going to do it?”

 

“Like I have a choice…”

 

“Um…you could’ve said no. Hello, you’re Dara Park. You can order around YG himself to do anything you want.”

 

“Not yesterday when everyone was ganging up on me and TOP. It was terrible. Everyone backed us into a corner. We had said no like a million times but they won’t have it. Bom threatened our friendship and her relationship with TOP. So, in the end she got what she wants. Poor TOP, he’s been a staggering idiot since then.”

 

 

“You need to replace your best friend.”

 

“I think so too.”

 

“I don’t like it.”

 

“You don’t like what?”

 

Jiyong mumbled.

 

“I’m sorry, I don’t speak mumble.” Dara said.

 

“You know what!!”

 

“Obviously, I don’t. What is it?”

 

But Jiyong stayed quiet.

 

 

 

“Ugh,” Dara groaned. “This is why I don’t want you here. I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on acting with you pestering me all the time.”

 

“I’m not pestering you. I was just asking if you we’re going to kiss him and then you go all defensive on me. What’s your problem?” Jiyong was on the same tone as Dara now.

 

“You’re my problem and I wasn’t being defensive at all. You are acting like such a…” She struggled to find the right words. “..a jealous boyfriend.”

 

 

 

“I’M NOT.” Jiyong retort very strongly. “Not even close. I was just surprise that there is as much as a kiss in the mv and that you would agree to it seeing as this is your first time you might find it difficult. Sorry for caring.”

 

“I’ll be fine. You can stop worrying.”

 

Jiyong let out a snort before saying, “I know now that I have better things to do with my day than worry about you.”

 

“Okay, then you wouldn’t mind staying in this room until the filming ends.”

 

“Sure. No pro—wait what?!”

 

Before he realized what is happening Dara had already closed the door and locked it from the outside.

 

When Dara returned to the filming site she positioned herself in front of TOP on the floor for the kissing scene while announcing to everyone, “Let’s do this before he finds a way out of that room.”

 

The filming crew paused for a second and then moved quickly to position.

 

She faced TOP properly and slapped him across his face, “Our lips are only going to touch for two seconds. Get a hold of yourself or I swear TOP, I’m going to make you cry like you’ve never cried before.”

 

***

 

 

 

DARA

 

 

“CUT!” The director shouted from a chair a couple of feet away. TOP and I immediately pulled away from each other. “That wasn’t so hard, isn’t it?”

 

I swiped my lips with the back of my hand while TOP made complete measures. He swipe, wait no, scrub his lips to oblivion. If he kept it up, I’m going to have to hand him a bandage to cover his mouth. Which is not bad actually.

 

He looks so pathetic I can’t help but .

 

I lean closer towards him and playfully puckered my lips.

 

He pulled farther away while saying, “Oh my God, Dara. I know you’re secretly in love with me but I have Bom now. And she’s your best friend. So, please be discrete with your feelings and control yourself.”

 

Kill me.

 

I stood up and decided to leave him alone when he talked again. “Where are you going?”

 

“I’m going to let Jiyong out. I think he learned his lessons.”

 

“NO!!” He stopped me by holding me in both arms. “Now that he knows that we just ki--, d-did that morbid thing earlier where your sinful lips touched my for-Bom only ones, how do you think he’s going to react?”

 

I stayed quiet as I thought of a logical answer to that stupid question.

 

 

 

I was quiet for a long time.

 

“Dara, you’re so dense it’s actually sad.” TOP said. Yup--he’s about to get slap again..

 

“I’m not in the position to tell you about this but I’m sure that when you realize this thing that’s been going on between you and Jiyong, it’s going to blow your mind. But this time I’m going to stall that realization and tell you to put it this way; you’ll have a crying scene later. If you let Jiyong out, he’s going to harass you until you kill him. Get my drift.”

 

He lost me at his first few words but I think I got it.

 

Jiyong is staying inside the room.

 

 

***

 

Motorcycle rides are awesome.

 

TOP as a driver but it was all good.

 

And that scene would be my last take. I only got a small part because my character eventually died. It was actually a very sad story but now I’m officially done filming so again it was all good.

 

Time to face the dragon.

 

He was in the room for approximately 6 hours. I hope he didn’t get crazier than he already is.

 

I put the key in the lock, turned it and opened the door slowly. Then I stopped dead.

 

Jiyong was sitting in a chair positioned directly facing the door. Both his arms are rested in the armchair, fingers drumming one by one in a slow rhythm.

 

This was weird.

 

His eyes were on me.

 

They were angry.

 

I felt the room get smaller and the pressure from his stare squishing the life out of me and I knew I was in trouble.

 

“H-hi…” I greeted, genuinely petrified for my life.

 

He stared at me for a few more seconds, stood up, walks towards me, stopped in front of me, dangles the keys to his car in front of my face, dropped it in my hands and walked outside the door.

 

 

I was holding my breath the entire time.

 

By the time that we were seated inside his car (I’m driving), I feel like I am to master the art of not breathing. The air inside the car felt very heavy.

 

Gosh. Where do we go, anyway?

 

I drive straight to his house assuming that he would want to rest because he got tired of staying in that locked room.

 

That doesn’t sound right but when we reached his condo; he didn’t even make any attempt of getting out of the car. So, we just sat inside his car. In the middle of the parking lot. Super quietly.

 

“D-do you want to go to YG building?” I ask after a while.

 

Still no response.

 

Oh my God.

 

I think I broke him.

 

 

Despite not answering me, I still drove towards YG building. Maybe some of our friends would pass by this car and it would change his sour mood.

 

But you guessed right.

 

Apparently, silence was infinite inside this very car.

 

I’m getting really ticked off.

 

“Okay, Jiyong.” I started. “I’m sorry for locking you inside that room without anything to play with. You probably got bored so I understand that you’re irritable, right now. But you can’t keep giving me the silent treatment. That’s not how people work out their emotions.”

 

He deeply exhaled.

 

But as expected, didn’t say anything.

 

“We work together Jiyong; you’re eventually going to have to talk to me so why not start now.”

 

 

“Okay, if it’ll make you feel better you can lock me inside this car for six hours as well.”

 

That’s when he threw me a look but only for a few seconds and then he looked away without saying anything.

 

But he actually considered my suggestion. Jerk

 

“Fine. Don’t talk to me. See if I care.”

 

 

And so I sat there, with him on the passenger seat calmly staring through the windshield, while I was making a hole on the floor of the car because of how I was currently tapping it with my feet.

 

“This is silly.” I tried again. “I’m tired and I still have to do some grocery, yours included by the way, but instead I’m here dealing with the kid version of you that is having a tantrum. I don’t need this right now.”

 

Still nothing.

 

 

“You want to know what I’m going to do, Ji? I’m going to drive to the store to shop using your car then drive back to my own house, which as you know is quite far, and I will not pay you back for gas. So it.”

 

And drive away, I did.

 

 

 

***

 

 

The thing I love most about grocery shopping is doing it at the evening. You know when there are less people and less noise. To me, it feels like I own the grocery store and I can pick out anything I need without having to be bothered by anyone else. Of course, I still have to pay for it in the end so I guess my imagination .

 

Anyway, I do my and Jiyong’s grocery this way for three years. Tonight, is a little bit different though.

 

You know how it’s different?

 

It’s because Jiyong is currently following behind me while rolling a grocery cart. He was a sight.

 

I was a little surprise when he got out of the car with me and at one point I thought he finally snapped and was going to attack me.

 

I was wrong.

 

I forgot how Jiyong has a for shopping and in a way; grocery shopping and clothes shopping are almost like distant cousins.

 

But the point is, he’s not ignoring me anymore.

 

This meant progress. Yay, for me.

 

We went from aisle to aisle grabbing necessary (grabbed by me) and unnecessary (grabbed by him) stuffs. And even though he still hasn’t spoken to me yet I often ask him for his opinion on certain products.

 

Like if I show him two different brands and if he points at the one he thinks is good, I threw in the cart the one he didn’t pick. Jiyong likes useless stuffs. So I guess you can say it’s a life lesson to avert your attention to everything that he likes. That way, you won’t do wrong.

 

Though we had bit of an argument on the shampoo lane, I was nagging and he was being persistent (while still not talking). It all started with me standing in front of the shampoo rack for quite some time. I’m personally leaning on the one made out of coconut milk and is both a shampoo and conditioner in one. Jiyong approach my space and grabbed the shampoo that is made out of apricot and then drag me away from the rack.

 

Hence, the argument.

 

I have used before the apricot shampoo that he had chosen for me. It gave my hair volume and bounce and has a not-too-fancy smell in it. It was good but I think it actually made my hair frizzy at some point. But Jiyong persisted and won it in the end. I don’t know why he chose that shampoo but he’s not on speaking terms with me so I didn’t really get any answer.

 

On our way to pay for the items, we passed by an intercom. You know the one that they used when they need to make an announcement like an on-going promo at the meat section or a lost kid. That’s when I thought of an idea to get Jiyong to talk to me again.

 

I walked towards the intercom and with brazen confidence I started singing.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlTfYj7q5gQ

 

It’s embarrassing on the first few lines because it was really quiet and it seemed like I was the crazy lady who made the unnecessary noises. But then from the beginning of the song up to when Jiyong realized it was me singing (because I was actually looking and pointing at him), he watched me intently until a smile started to curve up his lips.

 

It got wider and that’s when I knew that we’re cool.

 

Half-way through the song, I was surprised by a man’s voice calling me ma’am.

 

“Ma’am,” I stopped when I saw that it was the security guard of the store. He was not happy. “Kindly put the intercom down. It is not a toy.”

 

“I’m sorry.” I replied (over the intercom) after I halted the song.

 

I caught Jiyong’s eyes laughing as he watch me stride towards him while covering my face in embarrassment.

 

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder guiding me away from the intercom and snorted out, “You are such a dork.”

 

I too wrapped both my arms on his waist and hid my head on his armpit and told him, “I thought he was going to shoot me.”

 

We both laughed.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Jiyong

 

 

 

After our little adventure at the grocery store, Dara and I decided to pig out on some ice cream at the backseat of my car.

 

Yup, ice cream without dinner. We’re both 12 years old.

 

“Sorry about locking you inside a room.” she opened.

 

“You should be.”

 

“I’m trying to be mature here Jiyong, kindly help out.”

 

I fought an eye roll as I look at her, “I’m sorry too. You know for disrupting your shoot. I guess the idea of you kissing TOP-hyung or any other guy for that matter didn’t really settle in right with me.”

 

She gave me a knowing smile.

 

“What?” I asked.

 

“Nothing.” She replied nervously.

 

“Tell me.”

 

“Nothing, really. I’m j-just glad that w-we’re getting along fine after all these years.”

 

Lies. I know that was not she was thinking.

 

But I’ll let it go. It’s true anyways. There are moments where I ask for her help on things that I don’t know how to deal with alone. She was always there to solve all my troubles and I know that now. It’s almost like she treats me as her friend.

 

She’s my friend too, because I know a secret of hers. And I intend to keep it, for her.

 

Wow.

 

Dara and I are friends.

 

How about that?

 

It was on this thought that I felt some weight on my shoulders.

 

Dara fell asleep on my shoulders with a tub of ice cream in her hands.

 

I am 12, Dara is 5.

 

I sniffed her hair a little (okay a lot, it’s a habit I developed whenever her head is near me, I can’t help it). And then I carefully put away our food messes before removing her glasses that are threatening to fall off her face.

 

Hmm. How convenient it is that she always stores a blanket and some pillows in the backseat of my car?

 

 

Afterwards, I angled my head to kiss her forehead.

 

Just because I can.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

 

Okay, so i know you wanted a jealous Jiyong

but I just can't with TOP...

It's me, i just don't feel like our TOP can be a real threat to our daragon couple.

I hope that this update is okay though.

It's not exactly about jealousy but the slight anger is there..

And that forehead kiss has been playing in my head the whole time i was writing this chappie

c/t T-Swift for the song, by the way. Love her (sometimes)

Was this update long enough?

Give me some lovin' in the comments section below...

 

xoxo