23 - Excuse me, that person's nose is bleeding

Yours, mine, ours

c/to: monsterLea

 

 

 

 

song on repeat:

Kelly Clarkson - Mr. Know it All

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIYONG

 

 

 

 

 

“ARE YOU FCKING KIDDING ME??!!”

 

 

See how that’s in bold and capital letters and even underlined.

 

That’s how enraged I am right now.

 

I had a mini-concert at some university and when it was time for Dara to go home, after putting back the personal clothes I have brought with me to the event, I noticed the carelessly rolled folder sticking out of her bag.

 

I stole it, knowing what it is, and instantly resolved on having some light-reading before I sleep.

 

It was a copy of Dara’s script for a drama that YG-hyung told her to be a part of.

 

We had agreed that I would screen all of her offers after all so I should get started with this.

 

Dara will be playing a girl ninja.

 

Bad-.

 

It irked me that her character seemed to be quite enamored to the lead guy but her feelings weren’t reciprocated so I guess it’s alright.

 

Towards the end of the folder though, I had the sudden urged to re-write the whole thing.

 

 

What the fck is a kissing scene got to do with Dara when she’s not even the lead character????

 

I needed to blame someone so I called YG hyung and hence: “ARE YOU FCKING KIDDING ME??!!”

 

That’s my greeting when he picked up.

 

 

“Jiyong?” He asked in a raspy voice.

 

 

“No. This is your mother.” I yelled on the other line. “Give me the contact numbers of the writers involve in this drama that Dara is doing.”

 

“Jiyong it’s 2 a.m. What are you doing up?”

 

“I have something to do.”

 

“Like waking people who are asleep?”

 

“I don’t care if I wake up the dead. Just give me the numbers so you can go back to your precious sleep.”

 

He hanged up on me.

 

I waited a while for a text enclosing what I needed but after 20 minutes, nothing arrived. I called hyung again.

 

This time I was transferred to a voicemail.

 

 

 

 

ARE YOU FCKING KIDDING ME??!!

 

I quickly dialed Dara’s phone but it turned out that she left it here in my place as I hear her ringtone for me coming out of the living room.

 

By the way, her ringtone for me and has been for a year now is the chorus part of Kelly Clarkson’s Mr. Know it all. She thinks it’s funny.

 

I grab my coat on and her phone and my keys next and drive down to her house to confirm if she had agreed to do the drama knowing about the kiss in the end.

 

I parked right in front of her building already at my wit’s end. I did the routine of climbing up the stairs (there is no elevator) and picking on her lock (seriously, she need to have this replace or anyone would just barge in the middle of the night and hassle her. Wait…).

 

“Dara,” I called out shrugging off my coat, just so she would know that it’s just me and unnecessary freaking out would be avoided.

 

I got close and saw her sleeping with furrowed eyebrows and sweat are coming out of her creased forehead while whimpering in her slumber.

 

“Sanghyun…” She said her brother’s name as she turned her head on another side. Some of her hair was stuck on her face as sweat covered it up to her neck.

 

“Dara,” I tapped her by her shoulder to wake her from another nightmare. I sometimes caught her having nightmares whenever she sleeps at my place, I never called her out on it especially now that I knew that she had some dark past that’s been haunting her. All I’ve been doing is wake her up whenever I felt like she’s been at it for too long. Judging from her sweat I’d say she’s been at it for way too long.

 

I tried shaking her over and over until she finally opened her eyes, sitting up suddenly and clutching her chest tightly.

 

She holds up her hand in front of her and I watch her as she watch her hands shake profusely. She forms it into fists as she tried to even out her breathing. That’s when tears started rolling out of her eyes.

 

And that’s when I felt myself move. I grabbed both of her shaking hands on one of mine as I wrapped my free arm around her shoulder. I turned her body towards mine and after a while I comfortably lay as both to bed.

 

I felt her breathing eventually even out and her tears had stopped damping my face but she was still shaking so even though I wanted to sniff her hair all night long, she needs comforting now more than ever. So I moved her head to tuck it under my chin and started humming her to sleep.

 

***

 

 

 

 

Pulling the warm body closer to me, I inhaled her fruity-scented hair and squeezed tighter. Then I opened my eyes with a pleased groan and squinted it down at Dara’s face which I realize, is leaning away from me. Both of her hands formed into fists into my chest blocking me from coming forward.

 

Her eyes were slowly filled with horror at the same time I felt the morning rush between my legs.

 

In my sluggish state, I responded to our current situation by pushing her away from me and because Dara also just woke up and considering the awkwardness of our situation, she let me pushed her too far that she fell off her own bed.

 

 

 

“! I’m sorry, are you okay?” I immediately asked but kept my distance.

 

Her reply was to crawl out her way to the bathroom and lock herself up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

...

“HOOOOOOLLLYYYYY FFFFFFFFCCCCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!”

I heard after a while.

 

She followed it with a bunch more expletives that would put the mafia to shame.

 

 

All that was left for me to do was looked at Jiyong Jr. and console him. “It’s okay, it’s not your fault that you’re big.”

 

***

 

 

 

 

“For the last time Jiyong, modesty.” Dara repeated as we were climbing down the stairs at her apartment building.

 

The first word that came out of the minute she got out of the bathroom was,

“MODESTY.”

 

When I was brushing my teeth,

“MODESTY”

 

When I was reaching for the door on our way out,

“M-O-D-E-S-T-Y. Modesty”

 

 

It seemed like she thought I was stupid enough to not comprehend the word, she needed to spell it out for me. Of course, there is a reason for her need to instill it into my brain.

 

 

You see, bodily contact creates certain amount of heat. That time when I was hugging Dara back to sleep in her very selfish single-person bed with the heater cranked up and all the windows closed, it got me sweating all over my own clothes.

 

So naturally, I took it off until I’m down to my boxer shorts and that’s when I felt ready to conquer dreamland.

 

For her, I was the assertive man she woke up next to.

 

I don’t understand her though. She had spent an awful lot of time being on the same room with me while I get change. In truth, she’d seen me a hundred more times in my adult body that my own mother ever did.

 

I wonder if her distressed reaction is due to the king cobra incarnating under my boxers.

 

 

“Oh my God?!”

 

I paused and looked at the direction she was looking at.

 

There stood my lovely Bentley except, she was mugged.

 

All four of her tires were gone. The side mirror of the passenger’s side was gone as well. If I check the driver’s side mirror, I bet my next paycheck that it’s gone too. At least her inside were intact. I think.

 

I can’t bear to go near her to check. She’s gonna blame me for leaving her in this shady part of town. I knew this would happen. But I was so distracted last night I left her here all alone.

 

I reached for my phone inside my coat and dialed YG.

 

 

“I’m not giving you those numbers even if you bleed to death.” He greeted on the third ring.

 

“Hyung,” I replied. “Dara needs a new place. ASAP.”

 

***

 

 

 

 

I know it’s none of my business and she probably don’t want to talk about it considering she’s been keeping this a secret all this time but the taxi driver is annoying as fck. I just have to ask her rather than listen to the driver complain about her daughter’s first menstrual period.

 

“What was your dream about?” I asked as gently as I can.

 

“Shut up!” Dara retorted without taking her eyes off the window of the moving vehicle.

 

“I have been keeping quiet about this, Dara.”

 

“And you’re doing a great job. Keep it up.”

 

“You don’t know this but,” I leaned closer to her ear and adjusted the scarf I borrowed from her before I continued talking, “I hear you dream about the same dream every night when you sleep in my house. It keeps me awake too, so don’t you think I deserve some explanation.”

 

She glared at me through the corner of her eyes.

 

That doesn’t scare me.

 

 

“Did something happen before? I mean like, way back before. In your life, maybe.”

 

I know I’m fishing. I know the overview of the story but not the reason. Is it wrong to want to know the reason?

 

She puffed some air and scratched her head before saying, “Okay fine,” YEESS!!

“Something did happen to me. Something bad. But that’s all I can tell you. I’m sorry if I kept you awake at night whenever I sleep in your house but please stop asking questions. I don’t want to talk about it.”

 

“If it’s bad then you need to talk about it. Let it out of your system.” I hope that I sound like I know what I’m talking about. I felt like such a poser giving her advice when I don’t know anything.

 

“It is bad but at least I’m not dealing with it like an emo kid rocking back and forth at a corner. I’m doing fine so let it go.”

 

 “But--,”

 

“Let it go.”

 

“No--,”

 

“What we’re you doing in my house last night, anyway?”

 

 

And just like that I let the talk about her nightmares go like she wanted me too (I’ll bug her about that next time) and proceeded to face another one of her problem.

 

See how much I care for her well-being to the point of talking her through each and every one of her impending issues and she doesn’t seem to appreciate it. Talk about being ungrateful.

 

 

“The script.”

 

“The band. I love them. What about them?”

 

“No. I meant your script. The drama. The return of…what-his-face.”

 

“Iljimae.”

 

“Whatever. Did you know that there is a kissing scene?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“And you’re okay with it?”

 

“Why wouldn’t I be okay with it?” She said opening her wallet and turned her attention to the driver handing him our fare. “Ahjussi, tell your daughter to put warm compress on her belly and drink warm tea. It helps a lot.” She then proceeded inside the building.

 

 

“Hey Min,” She greeted the hateful receptionist. “Any messages for me?”

 

“Already emailed it to you.” She answered with a smile.

 

“Thanks girl. You’re the best. See you later.”

 

I glared at the receptionist before following Dara.

 

 

 

“Dara, listen to me.” I said.

 

She faced me. “Since when did I ever listen to your nonsense? Studio. Now.” She pointed the way to the recording studios. “Teddy-oppa is waiting.”

 

“Where are you going?” I asked.

 

“I enrolled in some workshops. You know, to brush up my acting.” She replied with a shrug.

 

Right.

 

 

 

“This conversation is not over.” I declared before heading to the studios.

 

 

“Have a swell day at recording, honey.” She suddenly called out playfully.

 

I turned to face her. “You too, babe. Have fun at workshop.” I ended with a wink to which she laughed out loud.

 

***

 

 

 

 

*munch, munch, munch*

 

“Jiyong.” Teddy-hyung called out while eating the salad that Dara prepared for me.

 

I looked at him and saw him as well as Kush-hyung repeatedly raise their eyebrows like they knew something and their trying to figure out if I knew what they knew.

 

*munch, *munch, *munch

 

 

“WHAT?!” I finally asked. Because seriously, I have no idea what it is their thinking about.

 

“You and Dara.” Teddy-hyung said with his mouth full and again with the eyebrows.

 

“Me and Dara what?”

 

“Engaged.” Kush-hyung supplied. *munch *eyebrow raise

 

 

Oh for the love of….

 

Is that it?

 

 

Ever since the news that Dara is going to venture into acting, YG family headed by Choi fcking Seunghyun also promoted her as my fiancée. The cuckoos cuckooing in their brains amaze me to no end.

 

“Yeah.” I humor them.

 

“So you love her?” They asked at the same time.

 

What the…

 

“Sure.” I said nonchalantly flipping through the music sheets I’m holding although my inner self is laughing and pointing at these two delusional creatures.

 

“Take care of her, Ji.”

 

“She’s going to be a great wife.”

 

“If you say so.” I told them.

 

 

 

“JIYONG-HYUUUUUUUUUUNG!!!!”

 

Our attention diverted to the outside of the studio as we hear, who my guess would be Seungri, calling out my name like a mad-man.

 

He quickly passed by our door without noticing us. Stupid.

 

The three of us inside the room looked at each other with confusion written on our faces. Kush-hyung was senile enough to take out his phone and call Seungri to inform him that he ran passed by us.

 

 

 

“What are you doing here?” He immediately asked me when he arrived at the studio.

 

“I should ask you that question.” I retorted.

 

The brat rolled his eyes on me, grabbed me by the arm and drags me out of the room going I don’t know where.

 

 

 

“Dara-noona is having some workshop on the second floor. Chaerin said she wanted to see her so we went there. It was fine at first but then they started working on acting for intimate scenes. Hyung, I just witness my favorite noona kissed three different strangers before my very eyes. I think I needed therapy.” Seungri explained.

 

Suddenly, it’s like my feet had their own brain and I found myself dashing towards where YG Company had acting classes for aspiring actresses and actors. I used to go down there with some friends scoping for girls. Now, I think I’ll be scooping someone’s eye out.

 

When we reached the cursed room, my eyes automatically searched for Dara. It wasn’t a long search. She was right in front of me. Her side profile was on me as she was cupping some idiot’s face, everybody in the room were focused on them as they got emerged in their soon-to-be k--… I can’t even say it without puking in my mouth.

 

 

 

“Ow.” The guy whose about to kiss Dara grunted as his face hit my shoe.

 

Now everybody in the room switched looking on my direction including Dara who had met my eyes. I quickly pointed at Seungri.

 

“Awww, hyung.” Seungri whined. “You mean to say, I got to the trouble of taking YOUR shoe off just to throw it at that poor guy whose about to kiss Dara-noona who’s NOT even my fiancée? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.”

 

I was going to transfer Seungri’s face in his but someone else spoke up. I turn to see TOP-hyung calling out to Dara.

 

 

“I told you this was a bad idea.”

 

“Hyung,” I exclaimed. “You kissed Dara too?”

 

“Been there, done that.” He dismissed me with a wave of a hand and continued talking to Dara. “Dara, it’s bad. The guy should be the one holding your face. It looks more romantic that way.”

 

“Uh…yeah. Because a crippled guy trying so hard to reach out for the face of his girlfriend is very romantic. He just got hit by a bus. He’s still in pain. Your style doesn’t make sense.” Dara answered.

 

“Hello, he’s been sedated. He knows no pain. Besides, he’s about to make out with his girlfriend, he shouldn’t be complaining.”

 

“Exactly, they’re about to make out. There shouldn’t be any cringing involve. And if he was sedated then why did you put the setting on a garden? They should be in a room with him lying on a bed.”

 

“The genre is drama-romance not a o. What’s wrong with you?” TOP retorted.

 

“You are such a little girl.” Dara replied, rolling her eyes.

 

“Excuse me!!!” I intervened. My neck hurt watching them go at it like professional directors. “There is no need for this fight because Dara is never going to kiss anybody from now on.”

 

 

“Excuse me!!!” Seungri yelled. “That person’s nose is bleeding.” He pointed at the person I hit earlier. “Did you put rocks on your shoe, hyung?”

 

 

“Excuse me!!!” A lady wearing mom jeans yelled as well. “Thank you Seungri. Can anybody this lad in the clinic below?” Some people raised their hands. “Great. Everybody, out. I’m ending this class early. Dara, you’re great. I’m glad to have you in this class but I would have to transfer you on a different schedule. I can’t have you and TOP battle it out every second. It’s giving me head ache. See you next session.”

 

She went on her way along with the people involved in the class. Seungri and Chaerin followed as well as TOP-hyung, after sticking his tongue out on Dara like a little girl. Dara retorted with her middle finger.

 

 

“Do you want me to beat him up for you?” I asked pertaining to TOP.

 

 

“Nah,” She scrunched her face. “I shouldn’t have to ask you to do those stuffs for me.”
“You should just do it.” She added with a smile.

 

 

“Seungri said you kissed three guys.” I started when we left the room.

 

“Six. I kissed three more when he went out to look for you.”

 

 

My jaw dropped and cracked the floor, kindly help me close it.

 

 

 

“Sandara Park!!” I bellowed. The absurdity of her revelation makes me exercise my vocal chords. “Is your lips available to every guy that wants it?”

 

She chuckled, “I didn’t know you were this prude.”

 

 

Prude?! I’m prude?!

 

 

 

“By the way Dara, you’re not doing ‘Return of what’s-his-face’.” I told her.

 

“Iljimae. And why not?”

 

“Because I said so.”

 

“You’re not the boss of me.”

 

“Uh...we agreed that I screen your drama offers before you accept them. That earned me the right to boss you.”

 

“We didn’t agree on anything. You imposed on having that privilege. YG and I kept on ignoring you.”

 

 

Yeah, that happened.

 

 

“Whatever, you’re still not doing it.” I said with finality.

 

 

 

What happened next was totally unexpected and parental guidance is advised.

 

 

 

 

 

Dara grabbed me by my shoulder spun me around and pushed me in the wall. We’re still in the hallway near the elevator on our way down. I think she’s going to me. I can see it in her eyes.

 

Before she could start ( me), Seungri came out of the elevator and paused to stare at us. Dara moved her head a little on the side telling him to scram or he’ll die while I looked at him with a call-my-mommy-now look.

 

Seungri opted to follow Dara’s silent orders and moon-walked his way inside the elevator. I’m supposed to kill him but I’m too busy willing my to stay calm as Dara ran a hand from my thigh up. Her other hand is flat on my chest making sure my back stayed on the wall. As if I’d dare to move. She might eat me.

 

“Tsk. Jiyong, I understand that you’re jealous but you were the one who gave me the go signal to take this path in my career. I was going to say no, remember.”

 

I know she’s trying to say something but the way her hands moved all over my body numbed my brain. Not to mention, her hair that I’m addicted to sniffing is now at the perfect closest range I can possibly want and it’s making me real heady.

 

Focus Jiyong, focus.

 

“As an actress, I need to do what the director thinks is best for the scene. If he says kiss the lead, I should do it. I don’t want to be called unprofessional.”

 

“A kiss isn’t worth anything if you don’t mean it. In my experience, whoever character I’m playing, they always mean it. I’m a great kisser Jiyong and I’m playing my real character, if I kiss you now, I’ll mean it.”

 

*gulped* She’s not Dara. She’s a ert possessing Dara’s body. Oh my God ert-Dara’s hand is grazing my . It’s very arousing.

 

“Do you want me to kiss you, Ji?”

 

Her head is closing in. Why is it closing in?

 

“Jiyong.”

 

Should I pucker my lips? What am I supposed to do? GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

 

“If you get worked up every time I get a role that would require kissing someone just remember: Dara is only playing a role.”

 

I then felt her soft lips touched the side of my mouth before her entire body freed mine.

 

 

 

 

 

It took me a while to realize that she had already skipped her way inside an open elevator as I processed what happened. And when I did—

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“DARA, YOU EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERT!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

Hello my lovies..

So, I updated twice this week, aren't I awesome?

I personally think that this chapter is short so I'll try and make it longer next update.

Also, as you all know, I always read the comments section right,

and I notice that some of you wanted a jealous-Dara as well..

I'll see what I can do..

How is this chapter? 

Did you like Dara's ringtone for Jiyong?

Let me know on the comments below.

See you next time.

xoxo