41 - Have a great time and don't choke on anything

Yours, mine, ours

 

c/t: monsterLea

 

 

 

 

 

DARA POV

 

"Dara!"Jina called out from the entrance. "I forgot to tell you. Your date tomorrow will be at this Italian place at Hongdae. He will be wearing a checkered polo under a leather jacket."

 

I heared Jiyong’s intake of breath as I saw Jina’s silhouette disappeared right after happily dropping that bomb on me. !

 

Actually, she doesn’t know that I didn’t want Jiyong to know about the date so that really doesn’t make her a . That was rude, I know.

 

“You’re going on a date?” Jiyong asked and I hesitantly faced him.

 

“Temporarily.”

 

“What does that even mean?”

 

“It’s only for tomorrow.”

 

His face hardened and he spun on his heel, walking away.

 

 

***

 

 

When I got to the cafeteria, Jiyong was behind the food bar, furiously putting food into his tray. I watched him as he slays what’s in front of him and took pity. I went to his side and tried to help him but he jerked me off.

 

“Thanks, I’ve got it,” he snapped, darting his eyes up to mine.

 

Oookaaay.

 

He fussed about for another minute and then finally rounded on the table just opposite to where I’m standing. After setting up his messy array of food, he finally faced me. “Explain to me why you’re going out on a date at Hongdae with a guy who wears leather jacket?”

 

Side note: I think it’s adorable that my habit of stress-eating has rubbed on him. I’m quite proud of that influence.

 

“It was an accident.” I started, sitting across him as he devour his bowl of ramen. “Jina was talking to me and as usual I wasn't listening so when she asked me if I agreed, I just automatically said yes. It wasnt until later on that I realized she meant it as a blind date."

 

"Wow," He exclaimed. "And you called me out for being mean to her, when you yourself is being rude by not listening."

 

...

 

Yeah. That ticked off a nerve.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry." NOT. "I'm sorry that I didn't want anything to do with your ex-girlfriend." Because IDGAF!!!!

 

"Well, I guess that plan backfired, didn't it?" His voice becomes a little louder. "Because tomorrow you will be going out on a date with a friend of hers and the next thing you know, she will be a bridesmaid to a wedding between you and a guy that wears leather jacket!!"

 

And with that, the cafeteria ahjumma make her escape.

 

While Jiyong and I glower at each other.

 

Ding-ding.

 

Round one just got started.

 

***

 

I begin calmly. Because I'm the mature one in this relationship, I needed to stay levelheaded and composed.

 

But lethal.

 

"What is this about?"

 

"You tell me, Dara! Tell me why the hell are you going on a date?!"

 

Be Lethal.

 

"Because you haven't told Jina about me. How long has it been?"

 

“Again with that argument! When will you ever stop talking about that?!”

 

And once again, I stay composed. “We never really talked about it, Ji.”

 

“That’s because you were too busy ignoring me.”

 

I folded my arms across my chest and took a deep sigh, “Why couldn’t you just say it to her?”

 

“Why couldn’t you just say to me, ‘Hey, Ji, do tell her that were a couple so that she backs off’. Was it necessary to ignore me all this time? You know that’s one of the things that annoys me the most about you. Instead of telling me what’s bothering you, you chose to be quiet. I’m not a fcking mind-reader, woman. Tell me what’s wrong!”

 

This time, I slammed my fist at the table and increased my volume a few decibels at each word. Yeah—Fck composure. “Why should I have to tell you that? You’re a grown man! You should just know! And in this situation, you perfectly know what’s wrong. You’re just purposely not seeing my point to drive me crazy!”

 

“Judging from this conversation, you’re already there.”

 

My mouth opens wide.

 

He.Did.Not.Just.Say.That.

 

I feel like my head is about to explode from anger and at the same time, my mind and body is tired from all this fighting. I’m 150 percent sure that we’d only end up killing each other later if we don’t stop now.

 

So I did what I thought was right. But would still slam him.

 

This piece of jerkface.

 

I stood up and said, “I’m going home. I needed rest so I can look good tomorrow for my date. I hope you don’t have a goodnight.”

 

And then I walk away. Like a boss.


_________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

I didn’t go thru with it.

 

The date, I mean.

 

I got so worked up, I didn’t get a single wink last night. I ended up drinking alone in the apartment (the one that I don’t currently share with Jiyong because I changed the lock password so he can’t come in whenever he wants) while watching gory films and imagining those stuffs happening to Jiyong.

 

I woke up at three in the afternoon tasting my own vomit inside my mouth. My date was set at lunch time. Apparently, having lunch is the new rave these days. It’s too early for a hook-up and never too late to spend more time with each other (before hooking-up).

 

Not for me. I don’t even care that I ditched my blind date so that I can sleep in. Who cares about lunch? I hate lunch. Seriously, it's an unnecessary meal. It is so unimportant that you can either take it earlier (brunch, anyone?) or later (appetizer before dinner).

 

I should probably text Jina though and apologize. I’m sure her friend didn’t appreciate my no-show.

 

The next day, YG family gathered together for a photo shoot for a charity that YG is supporting. I got over the fight I had with Jiyong and showed up pretty decently.

 

Singers and Idols were scheduled in the morning while actors and actresses are scheduled afterwards which is good because I didn't want to have a run in with Jiyong and break another war with him. Especially not in front of his manager slash ex-girlfriend.

 

But the goddess of fate is a and she wants to take a dump on my day.

 

Jiyong and Jina (FCK! Even their names sounds good together) were walking out of the studio just as I was coming in.

 

"Ciao, Dara."Jina greeted.

 

She say whut?!

 

"Hey," I greeted back, noting Jiyong's glare at me.

 

"Stiamoandando a pranzo." He suddenly said to Jina before looking at me and saying, "That means we're going to lunch. In Italian."

 

Really? It sounded more like gibberish talk. And LUNCH?!!!

 

"Oh yeah," I retorted bitterly, "How do you say, 'Have a great time and don't choke on anything'?"

 

Jina was about to translate it to me when Jiyong swerve her away by the arm. I distinctively heard him tell her to not tell me anything. What a bunch of kids!

 

"Well someone's getting along fine with his ex." TOP said, suddenly appearing by my side. "Do you wanna guess who?"

 

"I just know that somewhere out there, someone else is planning your murder." I answered, morbidly.

 

Still he replied happily, "Well someone's desperately bitter and I'm pretty sure you know who."

 

I think we've established long before that I really, really, really, hate Choi Seung Hyun, right?

 

"Explain to me your feelings right now." He suddenly said, sounding like a shrink. Another thing that I hate are shrinks. But I think I needed to see my old friend once again because I think I'm on the brink of losing it.

 

"I'm crazy jealous," I finally said. "I want to find Jina and kill her."

 

"Kill her? Really?"

 

"No." I glanced up the ceiling. "But I would like to beat her up a little. Or maybe ruin her pretty face."

 

“There, there.” TOP patted my head. “I don’t particularly think orange is a color for you.”

 

***

 

JIYONG

 

“Well, this is sudden.” Jina said from across the table. Or at least I think that’s what she said.

 

My eyes were roaming all over the restaurant while my mind is fabricating plans as to how to set the whole goddamn place on fire. This goddamn place where my girlfriend and a guy in a leather jacket had a date on yesterday. I wonder where they sat. I want to start the fire from there.

 

I barely hear Jina until she waved her hand in my face to catch my attention. “Are you alright?” She said.

 

“Yeah. I’m sorry. I’m just distracted.” I told her still not able to look at her properly.

 

She nodded her head once to settle.

 

I looked at her as she reads the menu. I hated her for setting up Dara’s date but I know deep inside me that it’s not her fault. I just needed to blame someone.

 

“So you’re friend that had a date with Dara yesterday,” I started and maybe got a little too excited. “Who is he? What does he do for a living? Where does he live? And most importantly, what are his weaknesses?”

 

Jina must’ve been shocked by my interrogation capabilities because by the time I stopped, she was wide-eyed and was dropped. Yup, shocked.

 

But she recovered quickly. As she set down the menu, she said, “Jiyong, I was here with you for a few weeks now and you never talked to me about ‘us’ and yet you are very interested on a stranger.”

 

Uh-oh. I didn’t see this one coming when I accidentally invited her to lunch. I was just hoping to get intel about my girlfriend’s infidelity. I don’t really wanna do this right now but thinking about Dara’s demand for me to tell Jina where she stands. Maybe now is the time to do ‘The Talk’.

 

“I’m sorry.” I said. That’s twice today. She was the one who left me, goddamnit! “Why are you here?” Oops. Well, I can’t take that back now.

 

She looked at me with confuse eyes. “Don’t you think we should talk about us?”

 

“What’s there to talk about? Honestly, is there a hidden agenda about you working for YG? Do you want closure, because as I remember it, you were the one who left? Or is it because you want to get back together, because I’m telling you that is not an option, Jina.”

 

“You’ve become so blunt now since I remember.”

 

“Thank you. I grew up well. I’m not the kid that fell head over heels in love with you anymore. And I moved on.”

 

“I can see that. I’m proud of you.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

She smiled albeit looking glum.

 

“I’m sorry for leaving you.”

 

“It’s alright.”

 

“Don’t you wanna know why I left?”

 

Not really. Of course I didn’t say that out loud.

 

I kinda know why she left, anyway. It was mostly my fault.

 

Jina has been there since the day I decided that I wanna be a music artist. Although she has been really supportive of my career choice at first, the pressure of work and demand of fans for my undivided attention wore her out. There was a point where she even received death threats from fans who doesn’t understand why she was always standing by my side. Of course, it was never revealed that she was my girlfriend that time.

 

If I think about it now, maybe that’s why I was so hung up with her when she left. I didn’t have anyone to blame but me.

 

“Listen, Jina.” I took a deep sigh before continuing. “I’m truly sorry for what happened between us. I admit that I’m partly to blame for why you left. I didn’t realize how much of a burden my career was in our relationship. I should’ve known better instead I cursed you for leaving me. I’m sorry about that too. I know now that it wasn’t your fault. I’ve put you through a lot and I asked for too much. Forgive me. I hope we can start over.”

 

She smiled and her face showed genuine relief. Like I just told her the way to Yamaa’s treasure. And then I realize what I just said so I quickly added, “As friends.”

 

That’s when her face turned sour. Oh no.

 

“F-friends?!” She said. I can taste the venom in her tone.

 

“I’m now in a relationship.” I blurted, because…panic.

 

Her utensils drop as her hands shook at both sides of her plate. She noticed this and calmed herself. She began picking up what was dropped and oddly, the first one to come up was the steak knife. Gulp!

 

She said continued conversing, not letting go of the knife. “Really? May I ask who she is?”

 

You most certainly cannot!
 

I wanna say but….Oh my god.

 

“Jiyong?”

 

“Eh-“

 

“Who is she?”

 

“Y-you don’t k-know her.”

 

“It’s a small world, Ji. I might meet her one day and you know we might become friends. You never know what will happen.” She stated this while confidently waiving her knife. Gosh! I need to warn Dara to stay away from this freak-o. What just happened here? It’s like a pushed a button and all of her bolts came off.

 

“Is she a celebrity, too, like you?”

 

“Come on, you can tell me.”

 

“Don’t you trust me?”

 

Eer---That last question…..

 

How the fck do I get out of here without dragging my own corpse? Wait…how do I even do that?

 

I startled when a hand suddenly slapped me on the shoulder (rather harshly), “What do we have here?” Said a familiar voice.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

 

I feel like I've just been dragging the story for too long.

YMO might come to an end soon.

No worries though. 

I got a lot of stories up my sleeve.

I still have AIL

YMO is special. 

I'll definitely end this with a bang.

xoxo