11 - Mine Manager

Yours, mine, ours

c/to: monsterLea

 

 

 

 

Dara

 

 

 

Has anyone ever died from having their jaw locked due to smiling? I think I would. Gosh, this is hard and I haven’t even reached the front door. Of course the first floor is crowded by press people. A few are only chosen to be inside the event so most of them are taking the opportunity to take unofficial photos outside the venue. Even so, one still has to smile, including me.

 

Finally reaching the elevator lift to take us to the pad, I looked at Jiyong who was grinning quite naturally, it’s almost unnatural.

 

“What?” I asked him.

 

“I think that was the longest time I’ve seen you smile. Even though it’s fake and you’re obviously in pain, I think it’ll still look good when printed.” He replied.

 

I rolled my eyes and noticed our interlaced fingers. We’re we walking like this through that crowd? Wouldn’t it be more appropriate if I just held him in one of his arms? I guess whatever works.

 

Another photo op session commenced as we reached the helipad. I think I’ll finally throw a punch at a photographer when YG greeted us. “Dara,” he bellowed and I had the urge to shut him up. Geez, he’s loud. He hugged me when we met him half way. Okay. “I didn’t think you’d come. You look beautiful, child. What made you decide to grace this party with your presence?”

 

“Why are you so happy, sajangnim?” I asked him with wide eyes.

 

“Because you’re here. I can’t believe it.”

 

“Please stop. You’re making me want to go home.”

 

“Okay, I’ll stop. I needed to go arrange something important. You just stay here and enjoy the party...Oh, hi Jiyong, didn’t see you there.” He said before storming away. I wonder what important thing he’s talking about. Maybe I can help.

 

“Hi Jiyong? I give him millions and all I get is ‘Hi Jiyong’. Couldn’t he at least hug me too?” Jiyong ranted as we look for our designated chair. The seating arrangements were done where different artists from different company are seated together. They say it’s to improve camaraderie among the big three companies. I say bull. An artist is lucky if he’s seated to someone he’s friends with. But if that’s not the case, he’s in for either a long night of awkwardness or a long night of eye-rolling.

 

“Maybe if you we’re nicer to him he’d greet you with a marching band.”

 

“Really. Because telling him to stop being happy is being nice to him, gotcha.”

 

I shrugged at his cynical remark and he continued, “Maybe it’s because you have s tonight that’s why he’s extra nice to you.”

 

I saw Jiyong’s name plate in a table we’re passing by and was getting ready to settle in when I responded to him nonchalantly, “It’s called push-up bra Ji, it makes my s looks wonderful to other people’s eyes but in all honesty, it only makes me want to scratch my s because its fcking itchy.”

 

I sat down and then I realize my stupidity when I saw that there are already other people seating in our table. I think its wishful thinking to hope that they didn’t hear anything that I just said considering they are all staring at me with wide eyes. Sh!t, I want to die.

 

I’m looking straight into Bommie’s eyes asking for help. Good thing she’s at our table.

 

“Right on.” She said. “It’s quite itchy on the whole chest area actually, not just the s. But you know what they say; one has to bear the pain to be beautiful.”

 

Who said that? But whatever. I’m just glad. Trust your best friend to not leave you alone in embarrassing moments.

“Do you want me to scratch anything for you, Bom.” TOP offered while people are busy recovering.

Or judging Bom and I silently.

 

“Touch me and I’ll castrate you.” Bom replied sweetly.

 

“. I like.”

 

“You two should probably stop before everyone in the table thinks that YG has weird people in it.” I said.

 

It was then that Jiyong forcefully dragged the chair that he’s supposed to seat in, creating quite a noise. He slumped down in it and his arm casually swung at me resting it at the back of my chair. I looked at him and saw that he’s looking at Jung Jungmin, an idol from JYP who was also seating at our table and is currently ogling me. Ew.

 

I knew of Jung Jungmin. He’s quite the ladies’ man. Many fresh girl idols and actresses alike had fallen victim into his charms. He thinks he’s all that because of quite a few number one hits he has in music charts not to mention that beastly idol thing he had going on. He’s popular but a total ditz. Ignoring him would be best. I wouldn’t want his stupidity infecting me.

 

I glanced at Jiyong and he’s still staring at him intently. Uh-oh. I know that look. That look could have us arrested in a few minutes.

 

“Was it love at first sight?” I joke Jiyong in a whisper. But now that I look closely, he’s more like glaring at him to the point of telepathically boring a large hole into Jungmin’s already empty skull.

 

“You should ask him that question,” Jiyong whispered back, not even taking his eyes off of him. “He’s been ogling you like he has seen you .”

 

“Technically, I’m almost so no matter how big of a hole you drill into his skull, he is still going to look. Besides, he’s not the only one looking. Are you planning on attacking everyone else?”

 

With that, Jiyong whipped his head to all possible directions. It’s amazing how he twisted his neck side by side. He’ll have Linda Blair a run for her money.

 

“It’s because of your dress. Damn it, I’m gonna kill TOP-hyung.” He said cupping his neck with one arm while looking for TOP. I guess all that craning hurt him too. On the other hand, TOP is currently running around the place fetching all of Bommie’s whims like a gentleman that he is. Kinda like a dog, appropriately speaking.

 

“The dress was Yanggaeng’s idea.” I commented. “Just so you know.”

 

He furrowed his eyebrows at me and said, “You’re not taking this seriously.”

 

“Hey wait, there’s Choi Siwon.” I ignored him when I spotted the man. I made eye contact with Bommie and she knows exactly what I want to tell her without voicing it out. We silently released our fan girl squeal so as to not cause public disturbance.

 

 

“Champagne for the lady,” I was interrupted by a manly voice presenting me a glass of said drink. I looked up and saw Jungmin. I didn’t even notice that he got up from his chair. I didn’t want anything from this creepster. Who knows what he puts on the drink he’s offering.

 

He is quite the big star in the industry so I had no idea how to decline him without embarrassing him. Someone like him might cause a scene. But Jiyong knows no fear. He grabbed the glass and settled it quickly on the table declaring, “She prefers beer. If you don’t mind Jungmin, we’re in a middle of a conversation and you’re disturbing us.”

 

“I say the lady is pretty much already distracted,” Jungmin countered and then he lower his head so that it leveled mine and he asked me, “Tell me, were you listening to Jiyong or staring at Siwon?” Definitely staring at Siwon. Gosh he’s dreamy. But I didn’t tell Jungmin that. Instead I focused on the current situation. God, what is that smell. Ew, It’s Jungmin. He smells like flowers. Dead flowers. If he spills his perfume all over a grave, the corpse would rise and dance the Macarena.

 

I want to thank him for the drink like a polite person but I’m afraid if I open my mouth I’ll inhale all his scent and drop dead instead.

 

“Jungmin,” Save by The Se7en. “I think your date is looking for you.”

 

Jungmin straightened and winked at me before walking away. I quickly exhaled and turn to sniff Jiyong. His suit smells magical. Hallelujah.

 

“What are you doing? Get off me.” He said shrugging his arm.

 

“Didn’t you smell him? Ulk.”

 

“So you’re saying I smell better.” Jiyong asked as I help myself in his suit. We look weird. “Should I be flattered that there is something to compare between me and that…thing?”

 

“Of course you smell better. I chose your perfume.”

 

“Do you think maybe, before you continue smelling each other, you might want to greet me?” Se7en asked.

 

I smiled at him and gave him a hug and a thank you.

 

“You’re extra beautiful tonight Dar.” He said.

 

“Is that the only adjective to describe me? Can’t you people expand your vocabulary?” Geez. I’m actually concerned.

 

“Omo, she’s fishing for compliment.” Jiyong intervened and it made me smile. He’s right you know. I’ve been working in the industry for quite a while. It’s pretty effing stressful. I’m glad I let myself take that pampering make-over stuff earlier and I’m even gladder that people are noticing me.

 

I was talking with se7en when someone politely interrupted.

 

“Can I have a dance with the lady?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

SHTFCKDAMNYES!!!You can have my hand in marriage.

That’s what he was asking for, right?

It’s LEE DONGHAE. He can have whatever he wants from me.

 

 

Gosh, I always see this people every time they had the same schedule with Jiyong on music programs. But they don’t ever talk to me. What would they want with another artist’s manager? But damn, they’re fine. Bom can have Siwon, I’ll give him to her but Donghae is mine. And I can tell that he wants me too. It’s the push-up bra. I’ve decided to wear one every day.

 

I stood there gaping at him like an idiot and was about to answer gracefully when Jiyong opened his big mouth, “No you can’t,” he stood up facing Donghae, “It’s not you. She just can’t dance. We wouldn’t want you hurting yourself when she stomps on your feet, right?”

 

Se7en held my arm to discretely stop me from clobbering Jiyong. “Maybe later, Donghae, I asked her to dance with me first.” He told Donghae who left with a hopeful smile. I’ll definitely dance with him all night if he wants.

 

“I’m hungry. Go get food.” Jiyong told me. Can you believe him?

 

 

 

“Eat sh!t and die.” I said and took off with se7en.

 

“Hey,” Jiyong followed us talking to se7en, “Hyung, you can’t take her just like that, SHE’S MINE…mine m-manager. M-my manager.”

 

“We’re just going to dance. I’m not stealing YOUR manager. Relax.” Se7en said in a teasing tone while pushing him away.

 

Jiyong stopped chasing us when we reached dance floor. I didn’t see where he went as I enjoy a dance with a friend. I haven’t seen se7en in a while now. His girlfriend for more than 10 years, Park Hanbyul had a schedule in America that’s why she wasn’t able to come with him tonight.

 

After se7en, several men asked to cut in to dance with me. Including Donghae. Kyaaa. He’s such a gentleman and I didn’t stomp on his feet. Ha!

 

I didn’t recognize half of the other men who asked if they could dance with me next, but whatever, it’s fun hearing people giving you compliments. I think getting a big head is in order for me.

 

It was then time for me to give Youngbae what I promised him earlier.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be watching over Jiyong tonight?” he began as he took my hands and had me intertwined it behind his neck. He then glided his arms at my waist and we started swaying.

 

“Why? Did he start spiking the punch?” I asked.

 

“Alcohols are served everywhere D.”

 

“I was being sarcastic, Youngbae.”

 

He just smiled and I realized he was teasing me. Like that time in Japan when he told me that I couldn’t get Jiyong off my system. Well, guess what? I totally can.

 

“Miss Dara Park?” Someone asked. “Sorry for interrupting but it’s time for the bidding.”

 

I let go of Youngbae and focused on the lady in front of us. “Oh, okay. Do you need me to find Jiyong?” I saw Jiyong at the bar earlier, I’m sure he’s still there.

 

“No. YG-sajangnim told me to get you.”

 

“Yeah. Uhm. He needs me to prepare Jiyong right. Can you wait for a while? I’ll get him backstage in a few minutes.” I was about to leave when the lady pull me to her and then started dragging me on the backstage that was made up just for the occasion. I stared at Youngbae trying to ask him to help me but he just stood there rooted. He looked like he doesn’t know what’s happening either.

 

“Someone retouch her make-up please.” The lady suddenly shouted when we reached backstage. Why do I need a retouch?

 

“Excuse me, what’s happening?” I tried asking her again.

 

“You’re representing YG company right?”

 

Huh?!

 

“You know for the bidding.”

 

I gaped at her like she just grew on a cabbage head behind her ear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You gotta be sh!tting me, woman!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

yeah so...i updated..

you know what to do below..

peaceouty'all

xoxo