17 - Neck-deep in Dara's business

Yours, mine, ours

 

c/to: monsterLea

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong

 

*sssssslurrrrp.

*chew.

*gulp.

*ssssslurrrp.

*chew.

*gulp.

 

Oh nothing. That’s just the sound of Dara eating.

 

I fell asleep leaning on the railings while I wait for her to get out of her stupor. She shook me awake and announced, ‘Come on, I’m hungry’ before grabbing me by the arm and drag me to the hallways. It’s a good thing that I’ve been hugging the plant when I was sleeping or it’ll be left behind alone in that mosquito-infested stairwell.

 

When we reached an authentic Korean restaurant a few blocks down YG building, she hurried to a secluded corner behind a huge plant and from that position we can see whose coming but nobody can see us. Nice spot.

 

Then she started ordering one of everything that she likes in the menu. I’m telling you that she likes a lot of food. When our order arrived, I thought we’re having a party.

 

Which then brings us back to the slurping, chewing and gulping. She gobbled her food like a hyena with its prey I’m almost afraid to look at her.

 

I’ve seen Dara do a lot of stress-eating. It’s sort of her outlet for dealing with me. But it still gives me tremors whenever she does so.

 

“I think I’m in trouble.”

 

She spoke after gulping down one big slice of meat. I swear she didn’t chew that one.

 

Oh God.

 

“Don’t worry; they don’t arrest people for eating a lot.” I told her.

 

“I’m serious. I think I made a bad choice.”

 

She doesn’t sound serious. Or maybe it’s because of the rice that is now stuffed inside .

 

“What are we talking about?” I asked, genuinely confused and distracted.

 

“I agreed on acting for Gummy-unnie’s mv.”

 

That got my attention.

 

“Wow. Did they need a human tree or something?”

 

She threw me a piece of chicken which I deflected. “Hey, don’t play with your food.”

 

“I needed money and YG offered me the job as punishment so naturally, I took it. I weighed the pros and cons and I think I really should do it since it’s only a one time offer anyway. But now I’m not sure. I have this feeling where my heart is really overwhelmed and at the same time anxious. Maybe because it all happened so fast and I decided on it in like a snap. I don’t know.”

 

I try really hard taking her seriously but I just can’t. Not with her simultaneously eating and talking and spitting meat into my face.

 

I can’t believe this. I mean come on. Dara and acting = cannot be, use another equation. Can she even act?

 

“Is this for real?” I asked.

 

“Why would I lie about something like this?”

 

True.

 

I huffed and said, “If you don’t want it then don’t do it. No one’s forcing you.”

 

She said after one swallow, “I believe I wasn’t clear as to what YG really said. He said, ‘This is your punishment, Dara. You can’t say no.’”

 

I smiled as I listen to her nail YG’s voice.

 

“Ok fine. Then just do it. Let them see how much you and then get it over with.”

 

 

“Excuse your rudeness, but I do not .”

 

“You’re great as a manager, yes, but I’m not sure about your acting so that is left to be judged.”

 

“FYI, Mr. Kwon Jiyong,”

 

Yup, she just called me mister.

 

“I’ve aced all my subjects in theater arts and I did a lot of acting workshops not to mention the big roles I always get in theater plays. So yeah, I say my acting is great.”

 

Really, how can I be with this person for a very long time and not know anything about her. What have we been doing all those years?

 

Oh, that’s right. Pissing each other off.

 

“I find that really hard to believe especially with that sauce dripping at the side of your mouth.” I commented.

 

“I hate you.” She said as she quickly swipe off her lips smudging the sauce further.

 

“No, you don’t.” I told her with a smile and passed her the tissue.

 

***

 

 

 

“I don’t think it’s a good idea after all.” I said, adjusting my scarf to cover my face. There are a few people in the street and some of them might recognize me.

 

“Think about it, if you appear on the mv, people would recognize you from the Jungmin news and then they’ll say it was all publicity. People are going to say mean things to you, can you take that?”

 

“And what about after the mv hype, you can’t be seen following me around playing manager. Your haters are gonna stone us. My handsome face will get hit. Don’t tell me you’re going to be an official YG actress? I’m going to ruin your career if you leave me. I mean as my manager.”

 

“Dara, answer me…”

 

Where the hell is she?

 

Was I walking and talking alone for ten minutes?

 

The shame.

 

I retraced back my steps towards the restaurant and when I reached a shop near it, I saw her squatting on the sidewalk.

 

“What the hell,” I told her. “Stand up. People are staring at you.”

 

“Jiyong,” she whined. “I think I got food poisoned.”

 

...

 

 

“WHAT!”

 

“Shut up! Now, people are staring at you.” She said punching my leg.

 

“They’re staring at us because of you. Wait here; I’ll go get my car.”

 

“If you leave me here, I’m going to kill you. Call a taxi.”

 

I usually don’t listen to her under normal circumstances but the stress of having people gawk at you while a woman, who is seemingly in pain and is currently crouching at your feet, brought panic and I just reacted to her order.

 

I don’t know what happened next but when we reached the nearest hospital; I was on full panic mode.

 

Who wouldn’t? When in the cab ride, she’s constantly pulling my hair and murmuring:

 

It hurts a lot.

 

I think I’m going to die.

 

 

Those were the simple ones. A few more minutes after, she decided to screw more on my already screwed brain.

 

I want to be cremated and kept inside a pink urn with gold ornaments.

 

Jiyong, if it’s not too much to ask, can you dress up as a mermaid on my funeral?

 

See what I mean.

 

 

“SURGEON!! I NEED A SURGEON.”

 

That’s just me going cray-cray in the emergency room while Dara is on my arms trying not to die.

 

“Cut her up and take out all of the food she just ate. She got food poisoning.”

 

A male nurse led us to one of the beds and told us he’s going to get a doctor.

 

“Dara,” I said as I lay her in bed. “Do what I’m doing, hee-hee-hoo, hee-hee-hoo.”

 

 

“I’m not going to give birth, stupid. Stop breathing on me.” She slapped me and then coughed up. Oh my God she’s going to die.

 

I held her hand and said, “What can I do?”

 

“Cover your face. People will recognize you.” I watched her cringed in pain while I adjusted my scarf.

 

OTTOKAE!!

 

I felt a little relieved when the doctor came in. And when he lifted Dara’s shirt and started massaging her bare tummy, I then felt annoyed. But that doesn’t matter right now.

 

He looked skeptic when he asked, “Are you sure it’s food poisoning?”

 

Is this really a doctor? Why is he asking if we’re sure? Do we look like we diagnose patients every day? That’s his freakin’

job.

 

“She just needs…” And he had the nerve to stall.

 

 

 

“She just needs what? Organ transplant? Blood transfusion? What does she need?” I asked the good doctor.

 

 

“She just needs to---"

 

---fart.”

 

Panic depleted.

 

Annoyance quadrupled.

 

I dropped Dara’s hand and glared at her.

 

“I really felt like dying.” She said, looking anywhere but me.

 

 

“That feeling is correct. You will die eventually, in my hands.”

 

And then I walked out.

 

“Sorry.” She called out. Hmpft. Fart your face.

 

***

 

 

I was filling out some paper works for Dara, something I didn’t think would really be filled out since I don’t really know that much about her, when a nurse approached me and gave me a paper bag.

 

God. I almost forgot about the tomato.

 

“Where did you get this?” I asked her who seemed really shy to even look at me.

 

“Um… T-the taxi d-driver gave it to me. He s-said it was y-yours.”

 

Thank you driver.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“Um…” she started. “Can you sign this for me too?”

 

“So you recognized me?” I again adjusted my scarf but I gave her some eye-smile while I gave her my autograph.

 

“Yes. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“Actually,” Geez, a blubberer. “I wouldn’t recognize you if it weren’t for Dara. I knew that she works for you. I saw her and then I saw you and I put two together. It really is you. I can’t believe it.”

 

“How did you know Dara?” I asked because seriously, Dara isn’t supposed to go around telling people that she knows me.

 

“Oh, I used to work on the 8th floor, where Dara’s brother is confined. Dara visits him whenever she has time. And I always see her in the papers before so I knew she was your manager. And she was on the news recently too. Was that true? I’m sorry; you don’t have to answer that.”

 

Dara has a brother?

 

And he’s confined here?

 

She visits him whenever she has time.

 

So her 10% is spent here.

 

 

Boyfriend, my .

 

“Is this okay?” I asked the nurse as I handed her the papers.

 

She nodded and smiled.

 

“If Dara asked for me, tell her I’d just be around.”

 

I didn’t wait for her answer before I zoomed in to an opening elevator.

 

8th floor.

 

When the elevator opened on the 8th floor, I was welcome by an old nurse at the reception area.

 

“Hey, can I have the room for Park – “

 

! What’s his name?

 

“We had three Parks on this floor and another two on the 9th, young man. Which Park are you asking for?”

 

“Um…”

 

I literally prolonged my ‘um’ as I didn’t know what to tell her.

 

She stared at me intently and then started to smile.

 

What the---

 

“I’m just messing with you.” She said. “I know who you are. You’re Dara’s boss. The leader of that group, Big bang. You’re Kwon Jiyong, right? Pictures of you are all over the nurses’ lockers.”

 

I just nodded in awe. Wow, Me and Dara are pretty popular in this hospital.

 

“Well, I’m Nurse Han. I’m head nurse here and Park Sanghyun is on my special care because I adore both him and his sister whom I heard is currently receiving laxatives for her stomach aches. What had that girl been eating?”

 

I followed her, probably towards Sanghyun’s room, and smiled before answering her question. “She was stress-eating. I made her do a lot of stress-eating but this is the first time she got sick from it. So I don’t know what happened.”

 

“I think that she’s just under a lot of stress. Her food didn’t digest well because of that.”

 

We stopped in front of a room and I’m almost afraid to see what’s inside.

 

What if he didn’t like me?

 

Oh my God. I’ve been really mean to Dara since ever. Her brother’s going to maim me.

 

I shouldn’t be here. Why am I so nosy when it comes to Dara’s business?

 

“Sanghyun, you’re sister’s friend is here to see you.” Nurse Han greeted. Oh .

 

“H-he’s asleep.” – Is what I said when I saw him. Because he is asleep.

 

 

“I see that Dara is not really telling you anything.”

 

“No. She doesn’t. I was just being nosy.” I whispered because Sanghyun might wake up and kill me.

 

Nurse Han chuckled while writing something on Sanghyun’s chart. “Well, you’re in luck because I like nosy people. Especially those that care. So what are your questions? Don’t worry I won’t tell Dara about these conversation. I just want her to lighten up her load. That girl has been through a lot already.”

 

I have a feeling that I shouldn’t be doing this but what the hell. I’m already neck deep in Dara’s business, there’s no point getting out. I’m not even sure if I want to get out.

 

“What happened?”

 

“There was an accident. Their parents died. Dara woke up with minor injuries but Sanghyun got into a coma. He protected his sister with his own body.”

 

Wow. I really shouldn’t be hearing this.

 

“When did this happen?”

 

“About three years ago.”

 

Hmm. That’s around the time Dara started to work for me.

 

“Is he…I mean, Is Sanghyun ever going to wake up?”

 

She smiled at Sanghyun before answering, “Dara is very hopeful.”

 

***

 

 

DARA

 

SUCCESS!!

 

After over an hour in the bathroom, I felt dandy-fine.

 

Laxatives rocks!!!

 

You didn’t need to know that but I felt like sharing.

 

Now where could Jiyong be?

 

He didn’t leave me here, didn’t he?

 

I went out of the ward to look for him and came across a familiar-looking nurse.

 

“Hey,” I greeted. Now what to say that will not cause this poor girl’s heart to falter if I tell her that Big Bang’s leader is here. “I came in with someone. Um... he’s…”

 

“I know.” She said with a wink. What the hell. “He said that he’d be just around.”

 

And then she left.

 

Okay.

 

I wonder if she’s referring to the same person I’m thinking.

 

Where is Jiyong?

 

I’m in Seoul Gen. Hospital. Should I go visit Sanghyun for a little while?

 

I think I should.

 

I look to my left where the elevator was and saw Jiyong walked out of it, saw me and walked towards me, eyes in me.

 

When he got a little closer I realized he wasn’t just walking, he was prowling. And his eyes wasn’t just in me, it was fully focused in me.

 

Mm.

 

He looks good enough to eat.

 

 

Wait. No. Stop.

 

I think those laxatives just messed up my brain.

 

He was closing in on me and instinctively I started backing up.

 

“Hey, Ji---?”

 

He kept coming and I kept backing until I felt the cold wall and I stopped.


I didn’t get to say anything when he suddenly drove both his arms tightly around my waist and slammed my back into the wall as he slammed into me.

 

He then buried his face into my neck and stayed there.

 

His arms tightened in a way that made me lift both my hands so I can embrace him in his neck.

 

Um…

 

What is this?

 

 

 

 

It took some time but when he finally tore himself away from me, I just stared and whispered, “What was that about?”

 

He just grinned. It’s the kind of grin that you don’t usually see on his grumpy old-self. He seemed genuinely happy. And that made me happy.

 

Therefore, I grinned back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

So a lot of you wants a jealous Jiyong...

I see what i can do.

Don't forget to leave love on the comments section...

i read it everyday.

xoxo