38 - Did you bring back any French bread?

Yours, mine, ours

c/to: monsterLea

 

 

c/to:monsterLea

 

 

 

DARA

 

To say that I’m excited is an understatement. I’m fully healed, the photo shoot as well as CF filming was a success, and of course, Jiyong and I made-up. Life is good.

 

I checked out the internet before taking the flight and so far, Jiyong hasn’t been in any trouble when I was away.

 

I didn’t wanna be accused of being narcissistic but I also googled myself. And oh the things I found. I bet TOP would be so proud of me. I have my very own followers called the ‘Daralings’ and they rule. Do you ever get the feeling of wanting to know everything about someone or perhaps something to the point of never going sleeping just to research about them? I did.

 

That’s what I did.

 

I searched for all the past blogs and sightings about me I wonder if I can be called self-obsessed. Well, it’s not my fault that ‘Daralings’ and ehem, ‘Daragons’ are so articulate and well-divulge of information. I don’t even know where they are getting it from and ha! They are all so funneh!!!

 

G-dragon and his manager-slash-new YG artist are dating.

Kwon Jiyong’s pet name for his girlfriend is ‘baby girl’

Kwon Jiyong and Dara Park are spotted having coffee at Starbucks!

 

If they only knew…

 

That they are right.

 

YG-sajangnim warned us that we shouldn’t disclose our relationship to anyone other than of course, YG family and close friends but sometimes, especially these days I’ve spent without him where I only felt our relationship grew stronger, I wish I could just shout it out loud.

 

“N-noona!! Are you back?” Seungri shouted on the other line when I called him.

 

“Yeah, I’m still in the airport though. Listen, where’s Jiyong? He’s not answering his phone?” I asked.

 

“Ah------uwa-----ee----huwkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee----“

 

What the fck!

 

“Yah, Lee Seungri!!!”

 

“The number you have dialed is actually a letter, please try again later. Bye.”

 

I stood there with my mouth gaping in awe. Did that actually just happened?

 

What are these kids up to?

 

***

 

 

I was picked-up by a company van driven by a guy named Jangmae and according to him, he is going to be my new manager.

 

This is nice and all but why is he driving me to a completely different direction. We’re taking a route opposite my house and we just passed by the intersection that would supposedly lead us to YG building.

 

“Excuse me, Jangmae. Where are we going?” I asked him.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry I forgot to tell you. YG set up a meeting with some people from Nikon, you know the brand. They wanted you to endorse their latest model of camera.”

 

“YG did? He didn’t even think that I might be tired from travelling?” I might’ve raised my voice there alittle.

 

Jangmae made a confuse look like he’s about to melt from too much nervousness. “I-I’m not sure Dara-ssi. I…I wasn’t…I was…”

 

“Calm down, I’m not gonna eat you alive.” I told him. “YG-sajangnim just don’t know what rest is, does he?”

 

“I’m sorry, Dara-ssi.”

 

I gave Jangmae a reassuring smile, “It’s fine.”

 

***

 

 

Guess who Nikon’s newest endorser is, es.

 

It’s me.

 

Yup. The meeting went smoothly. They didn’t even need to use flowery words to me. I got sold when they offered me coffee after our introduction.

 

They gave me the contract for the period of my endorsement just in time for YG-sajangnim to appear in our meeting. He took the contract and said that he’ll review it before I sign anything and then quickly took off himself. It’s weird that he didn’t even made eye contact with me.

 

I’m thankful that he made all of my blessings possible but I really just wanna knee him in the gut sometimes. He’s so caring and at the same time manipulative and I can tell that there is something he’s not telling me.

 

It was past 4 o’clock  when the meeting was done and they told me that if everything goes well on our end (meaning if YG decide to let me sign the contract), I can start shooting for the CF in a week or two.

 

“Are you ready to go home, Dara-ssi?” Jangmae asked settling his seatbelt.

 

“Do you happen to know what Kwon Jiyong is doing right now?” I blurted out. . He’s new. He probably doesn’t know yet that Jiyong and I are dating. He’ll think I’m G-dragon’s crazy stalker.

 

He suddenly gave me a knowing smile. “Dara-ssi, are you worried that his new manager won’t do a good job?”

 

Say what? I smiled back albeit confuse. I’m actually more worried for his new manager but Jangmae doesn’t need to know that.

 

“Jiyong-ssi’s new manager is great. We applied the same time and I’m glad that we both got accepted. I know that you used to be Jiyong’s manager but you don’t have to worry about him. He’s in good hands. And so are you. I’ll take care of you properly, Dara-ssi.”

 

Aww. I’m touched.

 

But he didn’t answer my question. “So, do you know where Jiyong is, right now?” I tried again.

 

“I don’t know.” He said with a shrug.

 

I really wanna cursed at him for dragging the conversation but I’m rendering myself in. I don’t want him to think of me as psychotic.

 

“Let’s go, Jangmae.”

 

“Copy, Dara-ssi.”

 

“One more thing.” I said as he starts the engine. “Just call me Dara. Dara-ssi is too formal and I think we’re only of the same age. We should be friends.”

 

“You’re so nice.”

 

I know.

 

Heol. I guess I’ll just see Jiyong back in the house then. I wonder if he’ll get surprise.

 

Impossible. He already knew I was coming back today.

 

Why isn’t he answering his phone though? He also hasn’t been replying to my texts since this morning. Is he alright? What happened to Seungri earlier too? Aaah…I wanna eat rice. There is no rice in France.

 

“Jangmae, can you drop me off Seoul General Hospital?” I’m gonna have early dinner with my cute brother.

 

“Why? Are you hurting anywhere? What is it?”

 

“No I’m not. I just---,” Crap. Quick, Dara, think of an excuse. “I need to…poo.”

 

What?! Can my excuse get any tier?

 

He gave me a side glance like I’m a crazy person. “Can’t you hold it in?”

 

“No.” Whatever. I already lost my dignity. “I really need to go.”

 

He just nods.

 

He drove faster and even has the guts to drop me off at the emergency lane. Like pooping is an emergency. Gosh, I’m such a huge embarrassment.

 

He didn’t argue when I told him not to wait for me coz I can go home alone. He really did think weirdly of me. I proceeded my way to Sanghyun’s room. I miss him. I’m sorry to Jiyong, but I miss my brother more than I miss him. Crappy boyfriend that he is. Won’t even call me back. Fine.

 

I saw a horde of nurses swarming a room. My knees almost gave up when I realized they were flocking outside my brother’s room. Please God!

 

With a blank mind, I passed my excuses and apologies as I push my way thru the crowd. The nurses quickly give way. I felt a tear roll in my cheek at the same time I halted in my steps.

 

Bom is in the couch with TOP while Seungri, Daesung, and Youngbae squeezed themselves to form a circle on top of the bed as they play a card game with my still sleeping brother.

 

The nurses squeal and died behind me as Seungri gave them a toothy smile.

 

I drop to the floor with mixed emotions. Relief that my brother is safe (he’s still in a coma but at least he’s safe), and shock that some of the people I kept from knowing this secret of mine is here in this very room.

 

“Nothing to see here, people. “ I hear Daesung’s voice as he close the door of the room. I didn’t even notice that they’ve all stood up to come to my aid.

 

Someone handed me a glass of water and I drank it empty as Bom rub my back ap and down. And when I finally found my voice, “What is the meaning of this, Park Bom-ssi?”

 

She paused from rubbing and met my glare, “Oh…umm…” she flusters.

 

I glared harder. “You better come up with a great explanation.”

 

“I do have one and it started with ah…me visiting Sanghyun-ie and TOP following me.” She said. “I swear I didn’t know he was secretly following me that time I mean, who does that?”

 

I transfer my glare to my left side where TOP is giving me puppy eyes. “And you just have to tell everyone, don’t you?”

 

His eyes changed. “You don’t get to accuse me of anything, you crazy woman. I AM INNOCENT!”

 

I wiped the saliva that he accidentally spitted on my face when he suddenly shouted before retorting, “Then how did everyone else knew about this? Seriously, you and you’re wagging tongue.”

 

“It’s not his fault noona.” Daesung interfered. “I followed TOP-hyung and Bom-noona once during one of their dates. You know so I can get dating tips. That’s how I got to know about Sanghyun.”

 

I turn my face to see TOP smirking at me like he’s quietly saying ‘I told you so…crazy woman’.

 

“And you,” I turn to Youngbae. “Who did you follow?”

 

“Oh…I followed you.” He nonchalantly answered. “I pretty much knew about Sanghyun for years now.”

 

I felt my blood pressure go up like what the !

 

“I just wanted to say that,” Seungri voiced out when I paused talking to avoid having a mental breaking down. “In this competition of who-knew-about-Park-Sanghyun-the-longest that we decided to play on, I win.”

 

All heads turned to him. “A week after Dara-noona was hired as Jiyong-hyung’s manager,YG asked me to deliver some flowers for Sanghyun. At first I thought Sanghyun was his love-child or something but after snooping around I found out that he’s actually Dara-noona’s brother. So like I said, I win.”

 

“I knew about Sanghyun from the very beginning. Like from the day of his birth. I think I’m the winner.” Bom interrupts.

 

“Who says you’re part of the competition? No girls allowed.” He spat back. Tsk. It’s like he doesn’t know Bom.

 

“What did you say?”

 

He cowardly hid behind Youngbae.

 

WAIT!! Before I get completely side-tracked, let me just assess.

 

So everyone knew about Sanghyun.

 

I’m done assessing.

 

“You all knew and you didn’t tell me.” I yelled.

 

“I think the correct statement should be, ‘I’m sorry I kept this a secret from you guys, I promise to tell you everything from now on because we’re family’, don’t you think?”

 

I give TOP the leveled-up, annoyed version of my glare. He backed-up to lean in the couch and did the imaginary zipping of the mouth gesture.

 

I then looked each and every one of them in the eye. Waiting for them to blow me with questions I know they are just dying to ask.

 

“Well…” I urged when no one said anything. “Aren’t you gonna ask me anything?”

 

It was their turn to look at each other. TOP sighed as he reached for my hand before squeezing it with both of his. “Dara-ya…” He started, looking straight to my eyes and sounding so serious. Here comes nothing. “Did you bring back any French bread?”

 

I adjust my hand so that our fingers interlaced and when it did. I bent his fingers as hard as I can. When will this guy be serious? “I meant with my brother, you idiot.”

 

“Stop it.” Bom said unlocking my grip to her boyfriend’s hands. I’m about to break it. “I already told them everything.”

 

Everything?

 

“What do you mean…everything?”

 

“She means,” Youngbae started, “From your colorful childhood background…”

 

“To your rebellious teenage phase…” Daesung added.

 

“Down to your reformed college days where you were involved in an accident that killed your parents, God be with them, and put Sanghyun-ie in a coma.” TOP ended.

 

“Let’s not forget that bastard Kim Jisoo who drugged you.” Seungri supplemented. “YG-hyung and I visited him once, by the way, and we made sure he won’t ever come near a hundred mile from you.”

 

I think I’m gonna be sick.

 

I’m not even kidding. All the effort that I’ve done to hide my secrets all these time turned out to be a total waste when it comes to these people. They all must think of me as an idiot every time I lie to them so I can visit my brother.

 

Unbelievable.

 

“I’m sorry I kept this from you guys.”-Is all I can say.

 

“We understand, Dara. I mean what happened to you is not really something you can post in facebook or twitter so don’t feel too bad about NOT trusting us.” TOP consoled me with a pat on the back.

 

His blunt honesty will really get him killed someday.

 

“So what are you guys doing here?” I decided to change the subject.

 

Seungri, who went back to playing cards with Sanghyun, answered, “Just having a meeting.”

 

“About what?”

 

“About how to tell you a---OW!” He fell down when a flying Chanel bag smack him in the face.

 

He’ll be alright so I turn to the sniper (Bom), “Tell me about what?”

 

“Nothing. I don’t know what he’s talking about.”

 

“Bommie…”

 

“Oh would you look at the time? We’ve been here for hours. It’s time to head back home guys.” TOP suggested.

 

Everyone else didn’t need to be told twice. They we’re already at the door before TOP could even finish what he’s saying.

 

And just like that. I was left alone with my brother. I’m not complaining or anything but nobody even offered me a ride back home. I mean they do know I just came back from a 14-hour flight right?

 

Geez people.

 

***

 

 

The next day, I felt weird.

 

Not to mention extremely bothered.

 

Why hasn’t Jiyong called me yet?

 

I feel even worst now that I don’t know his schedules anymore. Being NOT his manager .

 

Could it be that he’s planning something special for me?

 

Haay, what am I thinking? I need to see him and tell him about France and Nikon and everybody else knowing about Sanghyun (I need to remind myself to talk to YG about how he knew about my past too). But where is he?

 

When I went to his house last night, he wasn’t there. I was hoping that he would be in my house but I didn’t even see his shadow in there. I fell asleep thinking about him.

 

I’ll try again this morning. I have to meet with YG regarding that contract with Nikon (and everything else) later after meeting up with General Hwang-ssabu to have my bones break, but I decided to stop by Jiyong’s place one more time to check.

 

I heard noises coming from his closet as I enter the house so automatically my smile stretches. Imagine my face when I reach the door and found him half- with a woman working on his belt.

 

It’s like a bucket of cold water has been dropped to my head. What the hell is going on in here?

 

Ten days of not seeing my boyfriend and this is how he welcomes me? How classy.

 

“Dara, it’s not what you think.” Jiyong blurted, pushing the girl’s hands off and walking closer to me.

 

“Don’t come near me.”  I told him.

 

I turn my back without sparing them another glance. I feel like my I’m gonna blow-up if I stay there any longer.

 

I went out of his house and headed straight for the elevator. I can hear Jiyong calling out for me as well as his hurried steps behind me but I won’t have it.

 

He sure did miss me a lot, didn’t he?

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

 

The boat is obviously sinking

but it doesn't mean it cannot sail any longer.

Let's ride on the left over planks and get together

to build it again.

Anyone who tells me to stop shipping this gets a cyber punch in the face.