13 - A couple of idiots

Yours, mine, ours

c/to: monsterLea

 

 

 

 

 

 

The room fell in quiet gasps as Jungmin grunted in pain holding his head up as blood gush down from his nose.

 

 

“Listen here you incompetent son of a ,” Dara declared, both hands on her hips as she towers over Jungmin’s figure.  “How dare you insult Jiyong when you don’t know one bit about his hard work. Have you seen him write songs? No. Have you seen him spend 48 hours straight working on his own tunes? No. Because you were too busy chasing everything with a skirt that moved. Come here.”

 

 

Dara was aiming to grab for his collar when an arm seized her waist.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Whoa!” Jiyong huffed as Dara resisted his hold on her tiny waist.

 

“Dara!” he whined, trying to snap her out of it. But she ignored him as she kept on swinging a punch and targeting a kick towards Jungmin’s direction as she gabbles expletives. Finally, while trying hard to suppress his laugh, Jiyong threw her over his shoulder and headed towards the exit not minding the flashes of camera closing in on them.

 

 

“You’re lucky tonight, punk! Next time, I will kick. Your. Motherfcking. !” she yelled while pointing at Jungmin.

 

 

Jiyong gave her bottom a patronizing pat saying, “That’s right, I’m sure you have him quavering with your words.”

*****

 

 

 

 

Jiyong backed up a little after he made sure he had Dara planted on the floor safely. She just grunted while kicking her shoes off and then she started pacing across the practice room that they are currently situated in.

 

“Can you believe him? God! I want to pound another one on him” she shrieked after a minute her hands in the air.

 

“Calm down, tiger” Jiyong told her nonchalantly.

 

Dara breathe in deeply, holding it for a few seconds and then breathing in out in one loud huff. She never felt so angry she really wanted to crush something. Badly.

 

 

“Are you calm? Can I get in your area now?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“Why are you so calm?” she turned to him. “He just insulted you. Let’s go back in there.” She prowled her way into the door but Jiyong held her again by her waist. “Let me go. I’ll take him down.”

 

 

“If memory serves me right, he was already down when we left him.” He dragged to the washroom located in every practice room in YG building, sat her down in the closed toilet and took out the first aid kit from the emergency supply cabinet behind a mirror.

 

“Oh my God I’m bleeding.” Dara yelped when Jiyong lifted her hands by her knuckles.

 

“You’re catching on.” Jiyong said casually. “Well, it’s not your blood so no need for first-aid. Do your knuckles hurt?”

 

“It’s fine.”

 

 

 

Dara stared cautiously at Jiyong gently dabbing her hands with wet cloth. His unusual display of behavior had her thinking about the earlier incident, which actually works because it at least distracts her from her own anger.

 

The way he calmly handled Jungmin’s insult toward his music was a complete 180 turn as matched to how he reacted to Jungmin’s rude comments about her. He remembered the way his eyes changed from anger to rage as he continuously listen to Jungmin’s words.

 

What she did on Jungmin is nothing compared to what Jiyong would’ve done to him if she hadn’t had him on tight hold. She had known Jiyong long enough to know that with the way his eyes changed earlier, someone’s going to get. But now, his tranquility surprises her.

 

He watched Jiyong dry her hands with his own handkerchief and then gave her knuckles a light kiss.

 

What the!!!

 

Unable to comprehend what just happened, she quickly extracted her hands from his hold and then they looked at each other in complete awe.

 

“W-what----“ Dara ineptly began.

 

“W-what?”

 

“Did you just---“

 

“Nothing happened!” Jiyong abruptly said. She opened to say something but Jiyong was quick enough to cover it with his hands so she wouldn’t be able to say anything.

 

 

They looked at each other, wide-eyed, for a while before Dara swiped his hand’s away muttering a – “whatever”.

 

There was silence before Dara said anything, “So…are you alright?”

 

“You’re the one who just took down a guy twice your size. Are you alright?” Jiyong refuted.

 

She nodded as Jiyong shrugged off his suit and leaned at the sink across Dara.

 

Dara stood to level with him. Jiyong offered his suit jacket to cover her legs as she sat atop the toilet’s water bank. “I went a little crazy earlier, didn’t I?”

 

Jiyong wildly shook his head and then he finally chortled while saying, “Yeah! You did.”

 

Dara groaned covering her face with both of her hands. “YG is going to kill me.” She whined while Jiyong’s chortle turned into an amused laugh.

 

 

 

After a good laugh, his eyes softened and his voice turned serious as he said. “I’ve never had anyone fight for my honor before.”

 

Dara raised her head and met Jiyong’s eyes. When she didn’t say anything but just stared at him he continued. “You’re really are selfless and good. To me. Especially to me. Thanks for defending me earlier and for everything else, I guess.”

 

Dara slowly blinked and kept her emotions in check. She was happy when other people called her beautiful or pretty but having Jiyong compliment her gave her a whiplash. She wasn’t just happy.

 

She was downright ecstatic.

 

And then she realized she needed to amend the sudden awkward atmosphere between them because of her unexpected inability to not speak. “Um…” she gulped. “Really Ji, three years and you realize that just now. I’m telling you I’ve been awesome since birth.”

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes at her reply and thought of a smartass remark as well. “Actually yeah, I just thought of it and now I neglect it. I think it’s your push-up bra. It’s making me delusional. Don’t wear one ever again.”

 

Dara bit her lip to stop herself from laughing, “Tsk. Too bad, I recently decided to wear one every day. You know, for Donghae. I think he likes it.”

 

 

“Hmm. Push-up bras. Sounds like a firm basis for a relationship.”

 

Dara let out an open-mouthed laugh and Jiyong joined her.

 

They were at that state when they heard a knock from the door.

 

 

“Hey you guys,” It was Seungri. “Didn’t mean to disturb you or anything but, umm… Can I open the door?”

 

Dara and Jiyong looked at each other but no one said anything. They looked at the door when Seungri started opening it slowly. He has one hand in the knob and the other hand covering his eyes while saying, “A-are you properly dressed? I’m not seeing anything I promised. I m-mean no one’s answering a-and I know you’re both in here but if you’re busy doing, y-you know…THAT… I can come back but hey, no one stopping me so I’ll just open this door widely. I’m not taking any blames if I see anything coz I knocked the door. So if you are not properly dressed…”

 

 

 

He parted his fingers slowly to take a peek and saw his hyung and noona staring at him both of them had an eyebrow up. “Oh,” he said standing properly. “Nothing’s happening. You guys are boring.”

 

 

“And you’re a dork.” Jiyong returned exiting the washroom.

 

 

“What happened when we left?” Dara asked when Jiyong was out of sight.

 

“Jungmin got sent home as well as the reporters. So, it’s just us, artists and friends but be warned, people were still talking about you, Mohammad Ali.” Seungri answered while shadow –boxing which made Dara smile.

 

 

“Dara, come on.” Jiyong called out from the outside

 

She stood up and had Seungri helped her down and then she gave him a quick curtsy. They went out to see Jiyong with Dara’s shoes on his hand.

 

He bent down when Dara reached him and he had her put on her shoes. When that was done, she held his suit jacket for him to wear.

 

They were walking towards the door when Jiyong put his arm on Dara’s shoulder and said, “Nothing crazy or anything but, do you mind dancing with me. Maybe, later.”

 

Dara wrapped an arm in the back of Jiyong’s waist and said, “It’s totally crazy Ji, but hey, nothing’s crazier than punching a guy in a charity event.”

 

Seungri followed them from behind asking, “Are you sure nothing happened in the washroom? I’m totally down with keeping secrets. You both know I love you, right. I won’t tell anyone.”

*****

 

 

 

The party resumed like nothing happened. Though, Dara became an instant celebrity amongst the real celebrities. She got weird out by how they greet her.

 

 

The girls smiled thankfully at her like she just became a Saint at Vatican City. They did all but kiss the ground she walked on.

 

 

While the boys, well half of them at least (the other half weren’t brave enough to get close to her as Jiyong, who for some reasons decide to stick with Dara like super glue and then scowls at every boy who came within half a centimeter their space), shook her hand and slipped a business card in it (all of which was snatched by Jiyong and kept in his pocket to burn later).

 

Time passed slowly as Dara spent the night with friends and new friends alike while Jiyong got hauled away to some drinking with the boys. As the clock drag to a little over 2am, a few people started going home. Dara quietly sat at a sofa facing all of the guests busily merry-making. It’s not that she’s not enjoying, she’s just tired and her shoes are killing her.

 

After a while she was approached by a very much drunk Jiyong. She welcomed him with open arms as he tangled himself to her body. Through the years that she’s work with him, she had come to realize that Jiyong is a maximum contact drunk especially when they’re together.

 

She struggled hard trying to take off of him the jacket of the suit he was wearing because he seemed to be defiant of what she’s doing and prefers her staying still as he wrapped his arms all over her but when she finally succeeded, Jiyong was already sitting on the floor, hugging both of her legs.

 

She blew out a breath and bent over to get Jiyong and have him sit on the sofa. Jiyong oblige probably because the floor is cold and when Dara sat beside him he fell his head on her lap. She helped him lift his legs so he can lie down properly and then he reach for her hand (the one that she use to punch Jungmin) just to hold it with both of his and settled it between his chest.

 

“So no Jina tonight.” She whispered, running her free hand on his hair.

 

 

Jiyong hummed and slightly opened his eyes. “You owe me a dance.”

 

 

Dara smiled and pinched his nose as she replied, “I owe you nothing, you drunkard.”

 

He twirled some of her dangling hair with two of his fingers and pulled it down slowly so their faces are only inches apart and surly said, “And a date, you owe me a date. We’re going on a date.”

 

Dara lifted her head and thought of what Jiyong said. He did bid for her and was the last one to do so but she didn’t get sold because of what happened with Jungmin. And on another note, Jiyong is drunk. He’ll probably forget about this when he sobers up.

 

 

 

 

“You’re drunk.” She said as she playfully lifts her thighs up and down in a way that’ll give him more head ache.

 

“Stooooop iiiiiiiit.” Jiyong yelled.

 

 

But Dara was having the time of her life doing so and she even started pinching his cheeks and his head in general, just for kicks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

From a far, a couple of amused eyes were watching both Dara and Jiyong.

 

“Are they like a couple now?” Eunju asked her husband.

 

“Yeah,” YG agreed with a scowl. “A couple of idiots.”

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

I'm back

Hope you like my update.

Show me how much you love it on the comments section