4 - Troubling Confusions

Yours, mine, ours

c/to: monsterLEa

 

 

 

 

 

Writer POV

“What’s wrong with your hands?” TOP asked Jiyong during recording.

 

 

“Nothing.”

 

 

But the truth is it’s not nothing. He can’t explain it but ever since that incident with Dara where he insentiently touched her face, his hands seemed to have been electrified. It was shaking the entire flight.

 

 

He tried flexing it but the sensation remained. He came to a point where he thought that he might’ve caught a disease from Dara. He washed it thoroughly almost peeling his skin from scrubbing it hard but it still felt ticklish afterwards. He decided to wrap it with bandage tightly practically preventing his blood from flowing just to keep it still. It felt numb but every time he thought of that moment with Dara, his whole body would quiver instead.

 

 

“What do you mean nothing; it’s bounded like a mummy’s. Did you injure it?”

 

 

“No.”

 

 

“We have a performance--..”

 

 

“Yeah, I know hyung, stop being nosy. This is nothing. Leave it.” Jiyong interrupt because of annoyance.

 

 

“Ok, grumpy. Sorry I even cared.” TOP said rolling his eyes.


 

Jiyong excused himself to get some air. It’s currently Youngbae’s turn inside the booth to record.

 

 

“I wonder what they fought about.” Seungri said as the door closed behind Jiyong.

 

 

“What do you mean?” TOP asked.

 

 

Seungri looked at TOP and Daesung and then the door before wiggling his index finger telling them to come closer. “I think Jiyong-hyung slapped Dara-noona.” He said in a whisper.

 

 

The other two gasped upon hearing Seungri’s revelation.

 

 

“Yah!” TOP yelled shocking the entire room.

 

 

“Is anything wrong?” Youngbae asked from the booth.

 

 

“Nothing Youngbae, your members are just gossiping like old women. Don’t mind them and let’s continue.” Teddy said glaring at the three idols warning them.

 

 

They bowed as an apology but nevertheless continued talking like ghosts.


 

“What are you talking about maknae? Jiyong would never hurt a girl, so much more if it’s Dara.” TOP said.

 

 

“Hey, you weren’t there hyung. I saw the whole thing. Jiyong-hyung had his hands lifted against noona’s face, like this,” he said demonstrating what he saw, “and noona’s face was red.”

 

 

“Maybe hyung just touched Dara-noona’s face.” Daesung suggested.

 

 

“Why would he do that?”

 

 

And then they all shrugged at Seungri’s question unable to come up with an answer.

 

 

Jiyong can’t breathe. Thoughts of Dara and her smooth, perfect face is suffocating him and making his hands tingly again.

 

 

They’ve been fighting a lot ever since she came into his life and a lot more lately. And for some reason the latest squabble they had has been the most irritating for him.

 

 

He can’t remember how Dara got stuck to him as his PA. He was aware of how he’s called the PA-killer before because of his consistent PA change. He already anticipated Dara to leave after her first week but was surprise when she survived and even lasted for three years and counting.

 

 

She has been the most annoying person he had ever met. Constantly nagging and biting his head off. She’s the first person who punched him. It was late and she was obviously tired and Jiyong was half-drunk but he still took his advance on her to piss her off, attempted to kiss her but before he land on one she punched him right through his guts. He fainted and pretended that he can’t remember anything the next day. He’ll take that shameful incident to his grave.

 

 

The only thing that he and Dara agree about is personal space. He doesn’t care about her personal affairs and she detached herself from his as well. But according to his observation Dara has been pretty close to the people he’s close with, even exchanging stories about life to them. He doesn’t like it one bit. And the fact that people describe her as a nice person just makes it even worst.

 

 

And what’s worse than worst? He thinks Dara and Youngbaehave something going on between them and they’re hiding it from everybody. They’ve been really friendly with each other. And he suspects Dara seduced his bestfriend. Youngbae is like a brother to him and he doesn’t want him to fall into the clutch of an evil nagger. He deserves someone better. Not some stranger who suddenly came in pretending to be a nerdy PA but is actually an evil spawn with silky skin.

 

 

“Dara, water.” Jiyong demanded nervously.

 

 

Dara got the bottled water and slammed it at Jiyong’s waiting hand.

 

 

Jiyong winced in pain. He was about to shout at her but she wasn’t looking anymore.

 

 

Unknown to the two ‘bickering’ individuals, four snooping idols are observing their every moves.

 

 

“I told you they just got a little misunderstanding, like they always do. There’s no way Jiyong would hurt her. Besides, do you really think Dara would let it pass without injuring him back? You know how the two of them fight.”Youngbae said.

 

 

“It’s because we arrived at the right moment hyung.” Seungri replied. “If not, there would have been chaos in the plane.”

 

 

“Jiyong-hyung clearly wants to apologize. Look at him glancing at noona.” Daesung said.

 

 

“That’s why Jiyong wrapped his right hand, huh? It’s a sinful hand. Tsk…tsk…tsk.” TOP added.

 

 

Jiyong can’t help himself from following Dara’s every move.

 

 

Ever since the ‘plane incident’, they’ve stopped talking to each other. Dara was still there to assist him but she barely speaks to him. She doesn’t even nag anymore, which surprisingly bothers him. He always thought that the sun would cry balls of massive heat when the day comes that Dara wouldn’t nag at him. Good thing it didn’t. But he is still anxious about her silence, about their silence.

 

 

The waiting room is so peaceful without their banters.

 

 

He saw how Youngbae gave her water as she stayed at one corner of the room. And then how he pick out a lash that had fallen out of the rest. He was shocked that Youngbae was fine after touching her face. Didn’t he get electrified?

 

 

Again, his hands tingled.

 

 

He was distracted to the point of committing mistakes during the live performance but wasn’t reprimanded about it because of his grim expression afterwards. Everybody avoided him once again.

 

 

He asked if he could go ahead and rest because of a sudden headache, it was granted but the truth is, there really is no headache.

 

 

He keyed in his unit’s password as Dara waited at his back carrying all of his things with her. He walked inside and Dara followed going straight to his walk-in closet, she didn’t noticed him stop midway and looked at her as she arrange his clothes inside.

 

 

Dara caught him staring at her as she came outside. He looked away, wondering why she looked back with obvious fury in her eyes. He felt shivers down his spine and again in his still bandaged hands.

 

 

“Wait,” Jiyong blurted out as she went on her way outside his home. Suddenly surprise as to why he stopped her, he was rendered speechless.

 

 

“What?!” Dara scorned at him for not talking.

 

 

“Why are you suddenly so angry?” he retorted, not letting her get mad by herself.

 

 

“I’m not.”  She said with gritted teeth.

 

 

“Yes you are. I can see smoke coming out of your nose”

 

 

She bit her lips to stop herself from inflicting him serious physical pain. But she did not stop glaring at him with an arched eyebrow. She thought he should know what’s pissing her off right at this moment. It’s only a small argument they had on the plane, childish beyond imagination, but it really ticked her off that he said those insults with outmost buoyancy, like it’s one of the most obvious facts of life.

 

 

He on the other hand was thinking of how to cure his tingly hands, asking her if she’s viral would be stupid, nobody has gone to coma just by touching another person, but he felt that he would if he can’t cure it.

 

 

He stepped forward and did the first thing that came to his mind. He removed his bandage and cupped her face with both of his hands. She jolted and tried to keep his hands off but he did not budge.

 

 

“What are you doing?” she asked.

 

 

He just blinked but his hands remained. This was it. It’s his first time seeing herup-close like this. She wasn’t really the type that one would stare at first meeting. Not with that ancient glasses and hairstyle. She looked like a grandma if you don’t look at her fully. And her small frame that she likes to hide with t-shirt and jeans, what’s there to hide? She’s a grandma in a little boy’s body.

 

 

But her face is beautiful if you spend your time staring at it sans her glasses. He blinked again after realizing his mission, cure the tingles. He concentrated all his energy on his hands almost squeezing her face.

 

 

“Yah!” she yelped as she slapped him.

 

 

The tingly feeling on his hands was replaced by a sting on his face.

 

 

They were both their faces to lessen the pain. Jiyong recovered first and started to throw a fit again, “Did you know what you just did?” Dara slapped him so hard on his face he thinks it’ll leave a mark.

 

 

Dara stared at him with outmost disbelief. “Did you know what you just did?” she retorted, changing her tone but the threat in her voice is still evident.

 

 

He gulped as he think of an answer. What was he doing really? Did touching her face again actually change anything? He flexed his hands and both felt the same. Either normal or tingly, he’s not sure. But he’s sure that he has to make up an excuse for his earlier behavior.

 

 

I want to heal my hands by touching your face. She’d think that he’s gone mental.

 

 

“Th-that mole in your n-nose is becoming visible.” He stammered. “You might want to have that check.”

 

 

And then he was gone inside his room leaving Dara in the living room trying to check her nose for the mole. “I have a mole?”

 

 

 

 

hey, hey, hey...

i know i update really slow but please be patient..

I'll do my best with this fic..i'm starting the storyline for

"Dangerous Stranger" as well so i'm getting a little busy.

your comments are words of encouragement...loving all of it...

thank you!!