42 - Are you suggesting I her?

Yours, mine, ours

c/t: monsterLea

 

c/t: monsterLea

 

 

JIYONG

 

I startled when a hand suddenly slapped me on the shoulder (rather harshly), “What do we have here?” Said a familiar voice.

 

Jung Il Woo.

 

My savior best friend.

 

I’m literally going to cry.

 

He smiled sweetly at Jina while introducing himself as he puts pressure on his hand that is still in my shoulder. Did I say ‘pressure’? I actually meant extreme pressure. Like my whole arm is gonna fall off if he doesn’t let go.

 

“Jung Il Woo.” Jina’s eyes suddenly changed back. It’s actually sparkling. “I’m a big fan. I love your dramas.”

 

“Are you now?” Il Woo replied still keeping that smile on her and self-assuredly sat down on the empty chair. As if it’s ok for him to sit with us without an invitation. Not that I mind. He’s actually very much welcome.

 

He finally let go of my shoulder just as the waiter came to our table to take our orders. Jina ordered first.

 

Il Woo leaned closely to me and with gritted teeth he whispered, “What’s this? Are you cheating on Dara? Do you want to die, bastard?”

 

“I’m not. That is crazy. You have to save me.” I said quickly since it’s my turn to order.

 

We all settled in with food in our plates a little while later. Il Woo is seriously entertaining Jina the whole time. Which I’m very thankful for. It gave me a chance to think.

 

Jina clearly expects something as she stays here in Korea. And it’s fairly obvious what that something is.

 

In case it’s not clear. She wants me.

 

See! This is why I didn’t want to talk to her. It just led to the situation going out of control. If I have just go on with wooing Dara, this wouldn’t have happen. Jina’s apparent disdain to my in-a-relationship status would never have begun. Now, I have no idea how to end this craziness.

 

Maybe I can hook her up with Il Woo. They seem to enjoy each other’s company.

 

No. Il Woo is maybe annoying but I wouldn’t want him to end up with someone like Jina.

 

But that’s really not my concern now, is it? My priority should be my girlfriend. Dara is still clueless that my ex is a two-faced . I need to steer her away from Jina.

 

“So you are Jiyong’s ex-girlfriend. I might’ve heard of you.” Il Woo mused.

 

Wow. They got to that part of a casual conversation now. How long was I out?

 

“Really? I’m sure that whatever Jiyong said were lies.” Jina answered coolly.

 

As if I ever talk about her?

 

“Oh, Jiyong never mentioned you to me. It was Dara who randomly talks about you. I think once or twice when we go out for drinks.” Il Woo quickly replied.

 

I froze for a bit before mightily kicking Il Woo in the shin then giving him panic eyes. He jumped a little out of his seat and silently cursed while giving me a stink eye.

 

“So, you and Dara are close?” Jinah continued, not noticing what just happened. Thank God.“I should’ve known. I watched that drama you two were on. You both look good together, you should totally date her.”

 

Excuse me. She’s known Dara for a few weeks and Il Woo for several minutes and already she’s giving advises on who should date who. Dara would never date someone like Il Woo especially when she’s already dating, god G-Dragon.

 

“Dara and I ARE close.” Il Woo replied, shooting daggers at me. “But were just friends. She’s dating someone else.”

 

I choked on my water.

 

I kicked Il Woo again. Twice.Really. If Jina finds out about me and Dara. I’m gonna kick his to another planet.

 

‘What the fck?!’ He mouthed. I shook my head, innocently.

 

Damn. If it isn’t too much, I’d wave a white banner with the words “DON’T TALK ABOUT DARA WITH THAT FREAK” printed in bold black with glitters on the side. But you know, I didn’t have the time to produce such thing.

 

“Really? Dara is dating someone? So that’s why she ditched my friend yesterday.” Jina muttered.

 

My ears got perky. “Dara ditched your friend?!” I said. I realized afterwards that my tone was a little too happy. But I can’t help it. It makes me grin with glee.

 

Seemingly understanding the situation, Il Woo said, “So you set up Dara with a friend of yours yesterday?”

 

“Yeah. He’s a friend of mine back from the States. He recently contacted me knowing that I work in YG and told me about his crush on Dara. At first I was hesitant because I’m not really that close with her but he’s really persistent. He’s also a pretty decent man and I notice that Dara seemed a little lonely ever since I met her so I set them up. But she was a no-show. My friend was disappointed.” Jina explained.

 

He did all that just to meet Dara? Does anyone smell a stalker?

 

“Tell your friend to persevere.” This came from Il Woo. I snapped my head to him and he was looking at me as he continued. “Dara’s lonely because her boyfriend is a trash. We hate him.”

 

“Really.” Jinah sighed. “I suddenly want to meet him. Which reminds me, Il Woo, before you came, we were talking about Jiyong’s girlfriend. Do you happen to know her.” She once again waived at the steak knife.

 

I gave Il Woo a triple kick and a subtle thigh punch.

 

He groaned but remained composed. He should get what I mean by now.

 

“No. I don’t know her.” He told her. Good Boy.

 

There was a glint in Jina’s eyes when he heard his answer. “Whoever she is, she’s never going to be good enough for Jiyong.” She muttered. She thought we didn’t hear her but we did. Il Woo and I exchanged glances. We know better.

 

Lunch went on smoothly despite me behaving awkwardly until Jina received a text message and hurriedly asked to be excused.

 

“I’m sorry that this has to be cut short but there is a work emergency.” She said then politely said her goodbyes. When she was gone, Il Woo turned to me.

 

“There better be a good explanation as to why I was just kissing with your psycho ex because if you fail me, I’ll make it my life’s mission to turn Dara into a nun.” He declared.

 

I told him. Needless to say, we looked like girls gossiping, but I didn’t care. I realized that it’s good to have another person’s perspective out of what’s currently happening between me and Dara. Il Woo, after all, is one of those guys that made me realize how important Dara is to me.

 

When I was done talking, he kept looking at me without saying a word.

 

“What are you thinking, right now?” I asked.

 

“I’m gonna kill both you and Dara.” He responded.

 

What?!

 

“I can’t believe you’re letting someone like Jina ruin your relationship like that.”

 

“That’s what I was telling her.”

 

“You’re such a wuss.”

 

“Did you not see Jina waiving that knife in our faces? I seriously thought he was gonna grab a waiter and demonstrate what she’s going to do to me if she finds out about Dara.”

 

“Dara’s not any better.”

 

“Hey, don’t badmouth my girlfriend.”

 

“Err—basing on your story. She broke up with you.”

 

“No.” I adamantly refuse to believe that. “We’re just taking a little break. I’m letting her cool down.”

 

He looked at me like I’m the most pathetic guy he’s ever had the chance of meeting.

 

“Are you gonna help me or what?” I asked.

 

“Have you really done everything to win her back?” He suddenly asked.

 

“Everything.” I replied.

 

“Everything?”

 

“I’m gonna get our bill and get out of here, you useless piece.”

 

He stopped me by the arm, “Stay still. What I mean is, I don’t think you’ve done everything to win her back.”

 

 “How dare you?”

 

He rolled his eyes. “Have you bribed her with yet?”

 

I dropped my jaw and then somewhat raise my voice. “Are you suggesting I her?”

 

“Oh say that again, will you? I don’t think the chef in the kitchen heard you.” He replied then whispered, ‘Idiot!’

 

It’s a good thing that we’re both wearing masks and hats to hide our identity. With a tone down, I asked, “What do you mean bribe her with ?”

 

“You know what I mean. And come on, we’re talking about Dara here, she gets really y when it comes to you. Or are you not confident to bring her down with your ability in bed?”

 

I stared at him in shock. Not because of his suggestion, I don’t know why I haven’t thought of that before, but because it was him who suggested it.

 

“Have you been hanging out with TOP hyung and Lee Seungri ?” I asked.

 

He smiled.

 

There goes my answer.

 

 

***

 

DARA

 

 

 

I decided to go home after the shoot and mope a little bit more about Jiyong and Jina going to lunch together. I scream a little when I found TOP and Bom in the couch, making out in my dressing room. They looked at my direction and when they realized it was only me, they were back to making out.

 

“Seriously, get a room guys.” I yelled at them while locking the door.

 

“We were here first.” Bom answered.

 

‘This is my dressing room.’ I wanted to say but I didn’t really have it in me to argue with anyone right now.

 

“Excuse me, Choi Seunghyun,”I said as I held on my jacket. “You’re sitting on my jacket. Get off it before you wet yourself.”

 

He lifted his off while still playing tongue hockey with Bom. TOP’s hand was inside Bom’s clothes when she suddenly broke the kiss.

 

 “Dara, sweet heart,” she says a little out of breath from their kiss. “Will you go to this restaurant and meet my one of my client for me.” She reach out to hand me a calling card that she took from her back pocket.

 

“Excuse me?” I asked her, puzzled.

 

“I asked if you could go to that restaur--,”

 

“I heard what you said the first time, I’m asking you why you’re asking me to do it?”

 

“Oh, Nothing special, that guy is super depressed for a while now because his girlfriend broke up with him. He was not performing well and I try understanding him at first but it’s really now just ruining his work. I just heard that he has a really huge crush on you, so maybe you can go cheer him up. You know, prep him.”

 

Can you believe her?

 

“I’m sorry,” I said. “Did you just pimped me out to one of your nutcase?”

 

“It sounds bad if you put it that way but really it’s just you making him feel better by being supportive.” She explained.

 

What the ! Is she serious?!

 

“Please do this for me, D.” She continued. “Besides, it’s not like you’re cheating on Jiyong or anything. You two broke up, as you so adamantly explicate, so, no need to feel guilty. You never know, this might be your ticket to get rid of that remaining substantial amount of feelings for him.” She said this as TOP carefully ed her blouse and giving her kisses in the neck.

 

Augh!! I hate her. And his ert boyfriend. And all happy couples in the universe who gets to have a life.

 

And with a resolve mind, I hit them both with my jacket and told myself: ‘ this ! I’m gonna go get some!’

 

 

***

 

 

Augh! I didn’t want to have some with this guy!

 

He has a pretty decent look on his face. Good built. And nice hair.

 

The problem is he keeps on comparing me with his stupid girlfriend.

 

Bom gave me an address of a fancy restaurant near her workplace. After we made introductions (his name is Yoon Sang Wook), he immediately asked if I would like to have some soju.

 

I agreed just to humour him.

 

We walked a momentous mile from the restaurant to a sidewalk stall without uttering a single word. All you can hear is his silent crying. It was super awkward and embarrassing at the same time I almost jump in the middle of the street and let a passing car hit me.

 

When we arrived, he started ordering for us. All he really asked for was Soju. I tried to talk him into ordering something to eat, he just stared at me like I just insulted him.

 

Bom is going to kill me. If I don’t straighten this guy up, she’s gonna make sure I die an embarrassing death.

 

“Why would she not let me explain?” He started wailing.

 

Really? He’s already drunk?!

“That woman she saw was an ex-girlfriend. She already knows that she was not my first. She was not even my second. It’s not like I asked for my ex to move into our building and see me.” He explained.

 

Wait a minute…

 

“Yes, I didn’t immediately tell her that I know the girl from across our apartment but I didn’t really know how to handle situations like that. It’s not really an everyday occurrence. Now, she won’t ever listen to anything that I have to say and started arguing with me without even hearing my side of the story. Even though I know that I didn’t do anything wrong, I can’t help but think that I did because she keeps on getting angry at me.”

 

Wow. Does Jiyong feel this way?

 

“I love her to death but every time we fight we just end up hurting each other and I don’t want her hurting because of me. I don’t know what to do anymore.” He sobbed.

 

I found myself crying with him. I then started thinking about Jiyong’s efforts to make peace with me. And then I felt guilty and started crying even more.

 

“Don’t ever give up on her.” I told him while holding his hand. “She just doesn’t know how to react into seeing someone else you’ve been with before. She got crazy jealous and insecure that your ex is super hot and got into thinking that maybe you’re better off with someone else that has bigger s. But really, she loves you more than you think she does and just needed someone to punch her in the gut so she can realize how much she is missing.”

 

I went to his end of the table and sat beside him, hugging him.

 

I truly sympathize with him and resolved into taking Jiyong back and stop these crazy, childish fights.

 

“Thank you very much.” He said, hugging me back.” I needed that.”

 

I smiled at him but before I can say anything, somebody tap him at his shoulder and before I realize what was happening, Sang Wook was already in the floor and Kwon Jiyong was on top of him punching him senseless.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n:

 

I have nothing to say.