2 - Father, Brother, Sister, Jiyong

Yours, mine, ours

 

Hi!!!!!

Sorry the update took so long but as you notice I HAD A TITLE!!!

Hooray!! Anyways, thank you aikqoOh08ftieirrtin, and mybunnykwtz and to all my friends for your title suggestions regarding the title.

I had to go with what my quirky friend, Laura suggested. (Laura is not her real name but it's her fave one. She doesn't want me mentioning her name on anything even on the acknowledgement section of my school papers but she agreed on mentioning the name Laura. She's weird like that but i love her.)

Yours, mine, ours second chapter. Here u go!

 

c/to: monsterLea

 

 

 

Dara POV

“So, I heard Jiyong was late at the photo shoot as well as Inkigayo yesterday. What happened?” YG-sajangnim began as he saw me walk in. My God!

“Can’t I even take a seat first?” I asked. “Or should I just talk right here at your doorstep?” Gosh, I can’t take a break. As if baby-sitting a dragon isn’t stressing enough; even its adoptive father is up my , frying it every chance he gets.

“Come inside and take a seat, young lady.” He said obviously annoyed at me. Oops.

“Yes, he was late at the photo shoot because he was hangover as usual.” I told him as I lean at the sofa, “and yes again at the Inkigayo thingy, a cab almost hit us as we were on our way to the set and being Kwon Jiyong, he just can’t let it pass. I think the cab driver would be having nightmares for weeks.”

I smiled as I saw my boss’ face paled by my information. “He was wearing a mask so the driver couldn’t recognize him.” I quickly added to assure him.

He sighed loudly as he take his seat, “What am I going to do with him?” I feel your pain sir.

“You’ve been asking me that since day 1, sorry but my solution still involves violence.” I told him truthfully.

“Ah! He told me to cancel Japan.” I said after a while. “It’s his friend’s birthday.”

“What?! Is he nuts?!” he asked incredulously.

“Is that a trick question?” I asked back followed by a crackling laugh. Oh God! Jiyong is beyond nutty. He’s nuttier than coconut itself.

“I did not cancel Japan.” I said with a straight face when I noticed him not laughing.

“Where is he now?”

“Recording with Teddy-oppa.He has no further engagements except the usual rehearsals, work-outs and then Japan for this weekend.” I said in a business-like mode.

“So you’re free this week too.” He asked me.

“Pfft. As if.” I said slouching again. “He won’t stop until he sees me bleed.” He smiled at me.

“Don’t smile like that sajangnim, it makes me want to quit.” I said standing up.

“Yah! If you quit I’ll kill you.”

“Yeah…yeah, I won’t quit. I’ll just take the rest of the day off. Jiyong’s recording anyway, I already left him all he needs.”

As I was about to open the door, he spoke again. “You know I always wonder what you do whenever you had free time, which is not often but…” he eyed me suspiciously as he says the next words, “don’t tell me you have a boyfriend.”

“You know if you weren’t my boss, I’d totally take that statement as an insult and beat the crap out of you.” I said. “Is it unbelievable for me to have one?”

Ha! I realized I just gave him a trick question myself. Who am I kidding? Of course I can’t possibly have one, I’m a 24/7 slave.

“Why is this the first time I’m hearing about this?” He asked with hands on his hips, like how a father should be. “Why haven’t I met him after all these years?” He’s really cracking me up now.

“With all due respect sajangnim, I don’t think my private life is any of your business.” I told him emphasizing the word ‘sajangnim’.

“Omo, I’m seriously hurt.” he said clutching his chest. “You’re like a daughter to me too. Like all other artists here, I’m also concern about your well-being.” He said while approaching me. I don’t know what to say.

“Is he a good guy? Is he treating you well? What is he like? Huh?”

Now I can’t help but .

“He’s short, almost bald, poor and jobless. My friends says he only dates me for my money, that’s why I’m working really hard, I don’t want him to break up with me. I love him so much.” I said convincingly.

Too convincing. He started shaking me like a mad man. “Dara-ya, break-up with that guy, he’s just using you, you deserve someone better.” I faintly heard him say in between his shakes.

I was dizzy when he let go. When I felt a little better I saw him dialing his phone, “What’s his name?” he asked.

“Who?”

“That good for nothing bastard you call your… I don’t even want to say it.”

“Who are you calling?”

“The FBI, we need to have him thoroughly investigated. He’s obviously a hustler, maybe he’s in some kind of syndicate, you’ll get hurt.” He explained. Say what?!

I immediately stole his phone and hit the end call button. This man is crazy.

“I was just joking; I have no boyfriend, no need for the FBI. I’m sorry” I continuously said.

“Aisht! This brat! You almost gave me a heart attack.” He said after flicking my temples.

I sheepishly smiled, “Thanks for your concern, sajangnim, but you had seriously nothing to worry about.” I said handing him his phone back. “You should realize that I have been in danger ever since you had me as ‘that’ monster’s PA. If ever, he’d be the number one cause of my death.”

 “But look at you now, still very much alive and giving me just as much headache as Jiyong.” he said.

“Yeah, well… that’s what you get for making a cute little girl’s life miserable.” I watch him try to retort but didn’t gave him a chance, “I don’t have a boyfriend but I do have a date so see you!” I teased before running away.

*****

It is true that I don’t have a boyfriend but it doesn’t mean that I’m not seeing anyone that could possibly accompany me on my Jiyong-free time.

You know how when there’s a big storm that destroys everything in your life but then when it drifts away there is always a rainbow that seemed to stretch infinitely you can’t help but stare at it and soon enough you find yourself smiling and finally feeling an inner peace.

Well in my life, Kwon Jiyong is that storm.

AndPark Sanghyun is my rainbow.

The only reason why I put up with Jiyong is so that I can give Sanghyun everything he needs.

“Hello Dara, your Sanghyun is looking good every day.” Nurse Han greeted me the moment she saw me. I smiled at her as I handed her some snacks as a token of my appreciation and proceeded directly to his room. This has been a routine ever since he got admitted in Seoul General Hospital almost three years ago.

“Hey you brat,” I said. And as always he had no reply.

“Sorry I haven’t visited in a long time,” I continued as I changed the flowers in his bedside.

“Your big sister have been very busy lately, running around the city for the master Jiyong.” No reaction.

“How are you? I noticed some new nurses assigned on this floor, I’m sure all of them are crushing on you. You are so much cuter than that dragon.”

I decided to shut up as I sat beside him and held his lifeless hand, caressing his cold knuckles as I blink back the tears that are threatening to flow.

I lay down beside him careful not to unfasten any tubes of the few that is currently attached in his body. And I cry silently. "I miss you."

*****

Writer POV

“Doesn’t it sound tacky hyung?” Jiyong asked as he listened to his new composition’s beats. They’re still promoting their current album and working on a repackage at the same time.

“Don’t you like tacky?” Teddy replied. He’s one of YG’s best producers.

“Yeah, but it’s too tacky.”

Teddy lowered down the volume. “Why don’t we take a break, we’ve been doing these for hours.”

Jiyong nodded as he extends his hands backwards.

Teddy stared at him amusingly as he wiggle his arms whilst his head is still bowed down at the music sheets , “Dara left a few minutes after we started recording so nobody’s gonna give you anything.” He said.

Jiyong almost fell down his seat as he turned his back. “Aisht! That girl is skipping her duties.” He furiously said speed-dialing Dara.

Teddy swiftly stole his phone away. “Yah! Give Dara a break will you. She left you all you needed.” He pointed the bag on top of the table.

Jiyong hurriedly checked the bag. Vitamin water, Ginger ale tea, sandwiches, hand towels and two extra shirts.

“Can I have some of these?” Teddy already had a sandwich near his mouth before Jiyong could say yes. He moaned as he chews.

“Dara’s soon-to-be husband is really lucky, not only that she’s good at taking care of people but she’s one hell of a cook too. Too bad she’s stuck with an like you.” Teddy said finishing up the sandwich.

Jiyong looked at him in astonishment, “Who would want that skinny girl as a wife? She’ll nag at you the second you wake up and will force you to do things that you don’t even want to do.”

“She only does that to you. It’s part of her job as your personal assistant.”

“She’s my personal nightmare.”

“Omo, she said the exact same thing about you.”

Jiyong paused then, “Why are we talking about her?”

“Because her sandwich tastes great.” Teddy replied with a straight face. Jiyong rolled his eyes.

A dead air of silence had passed before YG came inside the recording studio.

“Jiyong, did Dara mentioned anything about having a boyfriend?” He began.

“Dara had a boyfriend?” Teddy asked.

“You can’t ask her that question with that tone, she’s gonna cripple you. And no, she said she doesn’t have one but she did say she had a date. I don’t know about you but date is equals to boyfriend in my dictionary.” YG explained.

“She has what?! Give me my phone hyung,” Jiyong turned to Teddy, “How dare her go on a date without asking my permission.”

Teddy held into Jiyong’s phone tightly, “Why does she need permission from you?”

Jiyong racked up his brains for answers then finally, “Because she’s skipping her responsibilities as my PA and instead goes out to have fun, she can’t do that.” Jiyong did not really understand anything he just said.

YG ignored what he just said, “If she needs any permission. She’ll ask it from me, now answer my question, did she mention anything about her date?”

Jiyong slowly shook his head.

“What’s wrong hyung?” Teddy asked YG.

“Nothing really, I’m just worried.” YG replied slumping on the swivel chair beside Jiyong.

“What’s there to get worried about?” Jiyong scorned. “Just replace her if her boyfriend wants her to quit. I’m sure there are a lot of people wanting her job.”

Teddy chuckled while YG stared at Jiyong with condescending eyes. “Look at you, talking smugly against Dara. You think a lot of people who want her job actually knows what they’re about to deal with. You want me to replace her that badly? You won’t even last two days without her, you punk.” YG said before smacking Jiyong’s head.

“Be thankful that she’s even putting up with you despite your spiteful behavior.” Teddy added.

“She doesn’t have to, just let her quit.” Jiyong talked back earning him another smack in the head.

“I don’t even want to imagine the day when Dara finally gets fed up and decides to leave you,” YG sighed. “If you just saw yourself before she came, you’d understand.” YG stated before leaving.

Jiyong looked at Teddy with questioning eyes. Teddy just shrugged though he completely understands what their President meant.

*****

“Yah, santoki!If you don’t put that tablet down, I’ll throw it away.” Bom said.

“Just a minute bomtaro, I’m downloading Jiyong’s new project offers that sajangnim just sent me.” Dara said, not even lifting her eyes from the gadget.

Park Bom waited while impatiently tapping her heeled working shoes.

After 2 minutes.

“So,” Dara began after putting away her work tools. “How was Singapore?” She smiled excitedly.

Bom just sighed knowing full well that their little girl-bonding time together would just be wasted if she rants about her bestfriend being so pre-occupied with her work even in her little free time.

“It was good, would’ve been great if you were there.” She said limply.

“Did you get me something as good as the time you spent there?”

“Would you let me live if I didn’t?” Bom replied handing her a paper bag.

Dara elatedly fumble the bag like a little kid opening her presents. Bom had a hard time apologizing to everyone inside the coffee shop as Dara would scream everytime she takes out an item and then ask about how she got them. Bom bought her different sweets, t-shirts, two flip flops and a beanie.

“You looked thinner!” Bom said after Dara calmed down.

“No I don’t!” Dara denied cupping her own face to check. “I eat a lot, like always.”

“But you don’t sleep a lot, like always. Are you still having nightmares?”

“No, because I don’t sleep anymore,” Dara admitted dodging her question effectively saying, “Jiyong’s getting a lot busier even with all those bad rumors about him. People seemed to like him more.”

“I always tell you to just quit that job;it’s giving you wrinkles if not headaches.”

“Will you pay for my Sanghyun’s medication then?” she asked sweetly.

“Aigoo…find a standard job. I’m sure there are companies that’ll hire you even though you hadn’t graduated yet, you only got a semester left anyway and if they saw your scholastic records they’ll even pay for your tuition.” Bom explained.

“Korea’s still suffering recession, you know.” Dara defended.

“And you’re suffering brain damage.” Bom rolled her eyes disbelieving that her supposedly smart bestfriend is acting stupid. “You always rant about Kwon Jiyong’s evil personality and yet you never leave his side. I’m beginning to suspect that you might possibly really like him in a romantic way.”

Dara act as if she was about to vomit, “Are you hearing yourself? You’re the only person in this world sans Sanghyun that I confide about the cruelty of that monster so you should know that I couldn’t possibly like him.”

Bom more seeing how defensive she got, “I don’t know Dara, you’ve been together for what, 2, almost 3 years?”

“Together?!You make it sound like we’re in a relationship.”

“Aren’t you?”

“Ew.” She said while she reached for her ringing phone inside her bag.“Speaking of the devil.” she told Bom as she showed her phone’s screen flashing Kwon Jiyong’s name as the caller.

“Ooo, Honey is calling. Maybe he’shaving a hard time changing underwear.” Bom mocked.

Dara giggled before accepting the call

“Where the hell are you?” Jiyong shrieked from the other line. “I ran out of music sheets, go get some in the house, I’ll give you 10 minutes.” Hang up.

“10 minutes? Does he think you can fly?” Bom said fumingly.

“Didn’t I tell you, I’ve come to master the arts of ignoring, he says 10 minutes I say I don’t care.” Dara replied in attempt to calm her friend down. Bom just smiled as she watched her friend stall.

“Gotta go, duty calls.” Dara said all fixed up and ready for action.

“Call me if you need back-up.” Bom followed up.

Dara just waved her hand up as she laughed.

*****

Dara POV

I took a peek through the see-through door of the recording studio. Hmm, no one’s inside. And to think I’ve prepared earplugs for his rants, I’m a quarter to an hour late you see.

I opened the studio’s door anyways to wait for him in case he just disappeared for a pee break but then there he is lying in the sofa. Aurgh!! I hate that he still has that smug aura emanating in him even in his sleep.

Sigh! He looks tired. He has rehearsals this morning and then recording afterwards. Both his body and mind are fatigue.

This is one thing that I admire about this monster though, no matter how overbearing he can get; his passion towards his music allows me to overlook his madness over everything else. That’s why I remain by his side, supporting him; he inspires me to work hard myself (in a way).

Bleeh!! What am I saying? The money I earn from enslaving myself still weighs heavier than any heart-warming bullsh!t.

Whatever, this is one of those days that I will be pretending that I care for him. This is actually me being nice.

 

 

 

 

 

Let me know how you feel about the story through comments. Also, let me know what you think of the title Laura came up with..is it confusing?? Laura already knew how the story would progress so she suggested this title and she said it'll make sense. I just believe in her coz she's sort of a bully. LOL