5 - Prelude to Good Things

Yours, mine, ours

c/to: monsterLea

 

 

“Are you sure about this?” YG asked the man on the other line. He listened for his reply though he’s skeptic about it the moment he received the call.

 

“I don’t really know what to say. Give me time to think about it. Even if I’d say yes to you, I still need to talk to her about this.”

 

He politely said his goodbye and as he put the phone back, he got the sudden urge to close his eyes for a second. Seconds turned into minutes and he was unconsciously smiling afterwards.

 

“Is this a bad time?”

 

He snapped his eyes open and was surprise to see Dara Park standing in front of him.

 

“Don’t you knock?!” he snapped.

 

“I did, but you just sat there and smiled so I assumed it was okay for me to come in but then I saw that your eyes were closed...” Dara paused at her words trying to imply something along the context of her boss going coo-coo. She wouldn’t dare blurt it out though.

 

“What were you doing smiling alone?” she settled. “Is it good news? Do I benefit from it? Are we finally cracking Jiyong’s skull?”

 

“What do you think Jiyong’s fans will do to you when they hear you casually planning their idol’s death?” YG said, somewhat enjoying.

 

“Bring it on.” She said smiling and bobbling her head like a gangster.

 

YG chuckled a little, “Why are you here?”

 

“Omo, signs of aging? You’re the one that asked me to come here.”

 

“Ah, right. W-what do you mean signs of aging? I got a lot of things on my mind, this meeting just slipped but that doesn’t mean I’m old. You bad girl.”

 

“Ooh, defensive, aren’t we?”

 

“Stop now before…”

 

“So this meeting isn’t that important because it slipped out of your mind,” Dara interrupted not wanting to hear his threats. “But still, what’s up?”

 

YG shook his head and continued, “Remember, in a month, the ‘Annual Charity Ball’ would take place here at YG building.”

 

The ‘Annual Charity Ball’ is an event exclusive for the top 3 entertainment company, in other words, the big 3 – SM, JYP and of course YG. It is where prominent names of the company including its artists gather together with some invited guests, rich guests. It is held at each company’s building alternately and the host for this year is YG.

 

The highlight of the party is the ‘bidding of the stars’, where a male and female representative from each company would stand on stage, one-by-one, and then guests and even colleagues can bid on them, the highest bidder could then take the male/female representative out on a date. Sons and daughters of their rich guests would usually take the price. All money accumulated would then be donated to chosen charities. It is a big party and the money involved is even much bigger.                                                          

 

“I knew that, I already got Jiyong’s tuxedo made for that party. I even got the other BigBang members their tux as well. They said I got good taste so they let me choose for them. Do you want me to choose one for you too?”

 

“No thanks, Ms. I’m-so-great. I got mine already as well.”

 

“Hmm. Having a girlfriend really has its perks.”

 

“Stop side-tracking me, I’ve got something important to tell you.”

 

Dara smiled but was then all ears when her boss started talking.

 

“I originally wanted you to find Jiyong a decent date for the party. I don’t want him bringing some wild girl again like what he did last year.”

 

For some reason, Jiyong brought a stripper as his date to the party last year. Embarrass the crap out of YG family when the girl started stripping. When she was escorted out, Jiyong took her place. He did not strip but he did dance a silly dance in front of the SNSD members, which made him looked stupid in everyone’s eyes.

 

Dara cringed at the memory. She wasn’t there because she didn’t really attend those kinds of events but she heard it from Seungri and even saw a video of it courtesy of, again, Seungri.

 

“Originally? You mean you changed your mind? What do you want me to do then?” Dara asked.

 

“You’ll be Jiyong’s date at that party.” he said.

 

Dara waited for another answer that made sense because what she just heard is something incomprehensible.

 

“Did you hear me, Dara? Be Jiyong’s date in that party.” YG said firmly.

 

“Is this a joke? Am I being punk’d?” Dara said looking around for hidden cameras.

 

“No, silly. I’m serious. This is also to make sure Jiyong doesn’t drink much. You know how he is when he’s drunk right? Limit his alcohol intake while you’re there. We don’t want him to do something stupid again don’t we? You’re the only one who can pacify him.”

 

“Why don’t you get additional crews of bouncers then that way, even if he got drunk, someone would just throw him out. Why do I need to get drag into this? Seriously, you and your crazy ideas.” she reproached him with accusing fingers.

 

“Yah! Stop pointing at me. Am I one of yourfriends that you can point your finger to anytime you want? I’m your boss and you’re meant to respect and follow your boss’s decision.”

 

“Omo, what has gotten into you, boss?” she said emphasizing the word boss. “Why are you suddenly irritated? I have my right to whine at this since you decided everything by yourself. Am I your slave that you can push around? I’m one of your employees on contract and following your whims isn’t on my contract. ”

 

“Smart-.”

 

“Who do you think I got this attitude from?” she teased.

 

“How hard is it to Jiyong?”

 

“It’s not hard. I just don’t want to go to those kinds of events. It is so not me.”

 

“Think of this as helping charities.”

 

“It’s not like I have something to donate.” She said with a chuckle. “I’ll find Jiyong a decent date. Don’t worry about it.”

 

“But this is also a chance for you to socialize. Don’t you want to meet other idols apart from YG idols?”

 

This conversation is getting weirder and weirder for Dara. Her eyebrows began to furrow as she speaks, “I already got my hands full with Jiyong, So, no thanks.” She began to walk away afterwards, afraid that her boss would suddenly thought of something crazy again. “See you.” She said with a salute before leaving the room.

 

“Tsk.” YG disappointedly click his tongue. If his plans push through, the call earlier would be possible. A little side-job wouldn’t be bad for Dara, she needed the money anyways, and that’s the only thing that is keeping her at Jiyong’s side. YG also wanted her to grow on her own and not live all her life as Jiyong’s PA, she deserves so much better than that. But if his plan succeeds, what would happen to Jiyong. Nobody can handle him the way Dara can.

 

YG sighed.

 

Dara POV

 

If murder isn’t a crime I would’ve butchered Kwon Jiyong to death and laugh at his bloody figure. I’m still mad at him for not saying sorry for calling me an ahjumma you know. Unacceptable. And he just made it worst with what he did the other night, I mean, what the hell was that about? He’s gone from worst to worstest, I don’t even think that that’s a word but whatever.

 

And the reason why my urge to murder him intensified is because of Yang Hyunsuk. That cunning president had gone bonkers. What the hell is he taking that made him think I would effortlessly go with Jiyong to that stupid ball?

 

Insanity really does run in YG family.

 

I might’ve over-reacted, what with the finger-pointing I did to my own boss, but I can’t help it if he gives me work on one of the free nights I have that I often use to visit my baby brother. I already got plans of having dinner with him. Not that he would eat anything being comatose but still, I planned on cooking kimchi fried rice (his favorite). So don’t blame me.

 

I know I promised YG that I’d find Jiyong a date but in all honesty, I just blurted that out of shock. Who has the chance to think straight after revealing to their faces that they need to go to an event escorting someone that they supposedly hated.

 

I had never failed anything he asked me to do but I think this would be the first time I had to accept defeat. If only my best friend isn’t this heartless, she would’ve helped me even without batting an eyelash.

 

“Please, most beautiful Bommie, do this for your pitiful but still cute best friend.” I pleaded with teary eyes and clasped hands.

 

“No.” she coldly replied for the nth time.

 

“Don’t make me whine here.” I threatened looking around their office. There are at least 15 people present in the room and her cubicle is in the center overlooking the door where passing employees does their thing. If I make a scene, I’d be inviting eyes.

 

“Oh, I would love to see you embarrass yourself.”

 

This woman is really heartless. I’ve been begging her since I realized my dilemma and all of her answers are a constant ‘no’. She’s the only sane person I could ask since most of our friends are fangirls of k-pop. One mention of the word ‘idol’ and they’ll flip like crazy.

 

Bom is a fan but she’s normal. She appreciates the music rather than the singer’s face. And she’s the only one I could count on since she’s the only one who knew the truth about Jiyong.

 

“You shouldn’t have promised your boss anything if you can’t handle it. Sometimes it pays to close our big mouth.” She flatly said.

 

“If I didn’t say anything, then I’d end up his date. Hell to the no.”

 

“I think this a perfect time for you and him to develop your friendship,” she said careful with mentioning Kwon Jiyong aka G-dragon’s name. “I say you should go.”

 

Dara began to grip on Bom’s desk in desperation, “It’s just one night Bommie. You love parties’ right.”

 

“Not if I don’t know anyone in the party. Do you expect me to exchange chit-chat with boy groups and girl groups? They’d peg me as feeling close. Unless you’ll be there as well, then I’m in.”

 

“Precisely the reason I don’t want to be there. I don’t know anyone and I don’t talk to strangers.”

 

“YG family is going to be there, they are not strangers to you.” She said with gritted teeth. I can tell that she’s losing patience as well. Who could blame her? I’m really persistent.

 

I went to her side and whisper in her ears, “If you don’t come as Jiyong’s date, I’d tell your boyfriend that you made out with your high school crush last year at our reunion. He doesn’t like cheaters doesn’t he.”

 

“You wouldn’t dare.” She said meeting my glare.

 

“Desperate times.” I said with a shrug.

 

 

*****

 

 

“Where have you been?” Jiyong greeted me from afar.Great. “I’ve been calling you. Need I remind you ---“

 

“Yeah, yeah… you’re my boss…blah…blah…Seriously Jiyong, aren’t you tired of hearing yourself say the same thing over and over again. It’s been years now. Have I ever listened to you?” I ranted as I walked pass him. Ever since what happened the other night (him squeezing my head=him assuming that he’s forgiven for calling me ahjumma), I have a feeling he’s going to be extra annoying than ever.

 

“Yah,” he called jostling me with his shoulders. “You’ve really grown some balls now, don’t you?”

 

“Years of experience do that.”

 

“Doesn’t change the fact that you left me in a middle of a shoot and neglected your job, how do you think Hyun-sukhyung would feel about this?”

 

“Go ahead and tell him. Let’s see you try?” I challenged as he glared at me and I glared back.

 

“Why were you calling me?” I asked backing down, he’s so childish. “What did you do this time?”

 

“Nothing. I just needed to annoy you.” He plainly said and walked ahead of me. I sighed, strengthening my patience thread.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

leave comments below..

xoxo