The right school

My Dream in Korea

   Time went by quicklier than you could ever thought and you suddenly realised that you should finally pick a school. Baekhyun's words were constantly crossing your mind: "Art High School". Hmm, an Art High School, you've never thought of that, as it required talent to get in there... That's why you kept on refusing even thinking of it. But the memory of Baekhyun's delightful presence was making you want to give it a try... Well, give a try in what?? If Baekhyun was studying in an Art High School, you had no idea in which ine. And-beyond that- you hadn't seen him again, after that first time... Did it really matter to try?

    The idea, however, got stuck in your mind and you searched on the web for possible schools around your area; you found two remakrkable: "Bae Arts High School" and "Soonyeon Arts High School". Both of them were located at about 15-20 minutes walk from your house, with beautiful facilities and -apart from the well-known subjects- drama, singing and dancing classes also existed, while musicals and other shows were usually performed by the students. You started liking the idea extremelly much, so you didn't hesitate to ask your dad about it during dinner time. Your mom had been hired and would  be working crazy hours, too, but she was very happy with her new job. You, all of a sudden, had to learn living on your own for almost the whole day, doing many of the houswork and having to prepare your meals alone, which had proved pretty challenging and troublesome.

   "Dad, we have to pick school, don't we?" you asked, pretending to be uninterested.

   "Ah, yes, of course! Do you want us to get some information about the schools for foreigners? It'll be a little expensive, but since me and your mom are both working hard, I don't think we'll have any problem."

   "Well, no... I mean, I want to join an Arts High School" you said and closed your eyes, waiting for an answer that you might wouldn't like.

   Your dad raised an eyebrow and smiled.

   "Hmm, that's interesting... Have you seen any?" he asked you.

  You gasped with excitement.

   "Oh, yeah, there are a couple or so  that look really good. You study the usual subjects, but- in addition- there are dance, singing and acting classes. Isn't ti nice? And you don't need to pay, you join with audition; only when it comes for musicals or shows you have to contribute."

   "And, baby, in what exactly are you going to audition?" he tried to hol back his laughter.

   "Ehm, you know, singing..." you murmured hesitantly.

      Your friends had been always telling you that  you sing nicely. You didn't pay attention to their words, but- this moment- you had to believe in them; otherwise you had no chance in joining such a school.

  "Singing? Well, good luck with that! your dad laughed. "Anyways, do as you wish, do what will make you happy; that's my only concern now" he added and patted your head.

    Your mom didn't seem that excited with the idea, but didn't object; you had guessed correctly that your parents would do anything for you to be satisfied and happy in that completely new place. So, what actually remained was picking a song that would suit you and that it would convince the judges. You kept on struggling for ideas. A difficult one hit you suddenly; SeeYa's "My heart is touched": full in Korean, with difficult vocals, from your favourite drama, "Personal Taste" with Mr Perfect, Lee Minho and your favourite female idol, Son Ye Jin. Well, if you were singing that properly, you'd be surely accepted.

   For Bae Arts High School you had to hurry; you only had one week to get ready. In your mind, you had decided to pick this one, as you preferred the building, the uniforms and you liked the name; "Bae" means inspiration and what you mostly needed in your current life was inspiration and motivation.

  The hours that you were on your own proved quite useful for your preparation; you were pumping up the volume in your PC, holding the paper with the lyrics and singing as better as you could. The sound of yur voice was pretty good; you were really satisfied and that's why on the day of the audition, you entered the modern building quite confident.

 

  Looking around, you smiled happily; that High School was amazing and really artistic. Some older students were already there to help their teachers to organise the classes and check the school equipment. You asked some of them where is the auditioning room and when you found it, you realised that the queue was pretty short. That was the moment you felt awkward; everyone else was Korean and they all looked at you weirdly, making you gulp noisily. Here we go...

   Once in the auditioning room, you bowed to the judges and they smiled kindly, even though the weird look was in their eyes, too.

   "Anyeonghaseyo, Rina imnida!" you smiled confidenlty.

   "Oh, you speak Korean? That's a relief, my dear!" a funny lady commented.

   "What are you going to show us, Rina?" the ehad of the judges asked.

   "I'm singing SeeYa's "My heart is Touched" acapella" you bowed and started singing.

    "Eojjonji sarangeun eoryeonweo nan a jik seotulreo..."

   You were afraid of the high notes but they came impressively well, so- after finishing- your heart was completely calm, especially after noticing the smile on the lips of the judges.

   "Well, Rina... that was impressive! Have you ever studied singing?" the funny lady asked you.

    " No, never."    The judges gasped with excitement.

    "And it was in perfect Korean! Do you live here for years?"

   "Aniyo,  I moved here about a month ago" you smiled.

   "I have to comment that your voice is a bit immature for that kkind of song, but-dear God- you know how to take risks, don't you?" the fourth judge moved his hands with admiration.

   "Thank you" you blushed and bowed. "I love both the drama and the song, that's why I picked this one."

    "Dear kid, there aren't many things to say. Since you speak Korean that well and you have that interesting voice, I can't see any reason that we shouldn't accept you in our school. Your movement and acting skills can be fixed in any of our classes. As for your grades, I see that you were a remarkable student back in your country; so, Rina, welcome to Bae Arts High School!" the head of the judges smiled and you almost jumped in front of them.

   "Thank you, thank you so much!" you bowed a thousand times and grabbed the paper with the information you'd need.

   You felt like you were flying as you got out of the room. First target, achieved!! On that piece of paper you could read the school programme, the way you should wear your uniform and other interesting stuff. You would start at 9 o'clock and finish at about 5:30 every day. You weren't used to that kind of school-hours and you had never worn a uniform before; oh, it would be awesome!

   Looking at the paper and feeling so excited, you forgot about people around you. That's why- when you suddenly bumped on a guy's chest- you almost peed your pants from being taken aback.

   "Oh, mianhe!" you bowed and looked at the person you had just bumped on.

    Surprisingly, he was taller than you and the same was the guy next to him, who had amazing facial features.

   "No, it's Ok, no worries! You're a new one?" he smiled.

   "Eh, yes. I just got accepted" you blushed.

   "Wooo, congrats! I'm Suho, from Senior year, and that's my friend, Kai. Welcome to our school... ehm, your name?"

   "I'm ... I'm Rina" you smiled stupidly, trying- without any result- to gain control of yourself.

   "Nice to meet you! See you around!" he tapped your shoulder and moved on.

   ~ Why did you blush? He wasn't that cute... Instead, that friend of his, Kai, was absolutely gorgeous. Still, he didn't smile at all; he had been looking at you with completely plain eyes and no expression. You kept on forgetting that you were a foreigner...

   "It's no right time to like someone, Rina" you thought, as you were getting out of the building, without noticing some couples of  girls' eyes looking at you with jealousy and viciousness.

 

From misschoi: Was that too long? It was boring to write, but I promise it's getting much better afterwards!!! ^_^