In drama class

My Dream in Korea

   This time Victoria was unavoidable; she couldn't miss another one of her favourite classes, drama class. You entered the amphitheater and gulped as usually. You didn't like that class at all; too much exposure for no reason. No reason... Nah, Baekhyun would be very disappointed, if he was listening to your thoughts.  He kept on telling you how important it was for an artist being able to sing and act, too. You could realise the reasons for that; it was sensible. But- in front of people who didn't like you (your classmates)- you couldn't open up and be realistic and not fake. Mrs Shin was obviously disappointed and you were even more.

   As you all got in and found your seats, you tried to sit as far as possible from your famous enemy. You secretely looked at her; she seemed less energetic than usual and she had clumsily put on her make-up. Weird; that wasn't the usual Victoria. She wasn't even looking at you.

   Mrs Shin entered; she was wearing a really funny red hat, as if she was coming from a ball from the early 19th century. All of a sudden, Kai and Chanyeol followed, caring a couple of boxes full of similar with Mrs Shin's hat stuff. You looked at them and unconciously smiled; they were so tall, sensitively thin and cooly dressed. Chanyeol noticed you and winked at you, while Kai turned second and smiled charmingly, causing your cheeks to turn red. 

   While you were absorbed by your amazing "eye- chatting", you didn't notice that Mrs Shin and Victoria were looking at you. Mrs Shin smiled too and before Kai and Chanyeol left, she called their names.

  "Boys, why don't you stay with us? Don't you have a spare time now? Or do you have practising wih the other EXO?" she asked them.

  "No, ehm, we don't have anything to do now, right Kai?"

  "Aniyo, we're free, but, Mrs, what are we going to do?"

  "You are two really elegant and good looking boys; I need you for our small scenes today!" she winked.

  "If you are putting it that way... we're staying for sure!" Kai giggled and sat on the chair next to you, Chanyeol to sit on the other one.

   "Na-ha, don't sit! Come here, Chanyeol, Kai, Jaehyo and... Rina."

    You felt dizzy; you, with three boys on that stupid stage? How would that work out?

  The class started giggling, causing you painful feelings, as you were stepping on the stage. Chanyeol offered you his hand and helped you; his gentle smile made your heart lighter.

  "You're in a ball, let's say in Paris, during 1830. Kai, Chanyeol and Jaehyo are three young men who are really interested in a silent and pretty girl, who's Rina. You're good friends, but your passion to approach that lady make you nterfere with each other hardly. So, boys, be dynamic and flirty and Rina... be innocent and cute." Mrs Shin gave her instructions and sat among the students.

   You shyly sat on the luxurious sofa that was on stage and the boys gathered alltogether on the other side, as if they're talking about something secretely.  Kai turned with a questionmark face.

  "Mrs, who's winning over Rina?"

   "Ehm, let's say you, Kai?"

  "Hah, OK!" he exclamed, obviously happier than before.

   Boys started their part.

  "Dear God, look at that girl over there..." Jaehyo talked and discreetely pointed at you.

  "Aww, she's so beautiful..." Chanyeol whispered in awe and the whole class started laughing.

  "Shut it up, idiots! There's nothing funny, GET IT?" Kai burst out and they indeed shut it up.

  "Thank you, Kai" Mrs Shin smiled. "Go on."

  "She's the most unique creature I've ever seen!" Kai added and his eyes became smiley.

    "Well, I noticed her first, I'll be the one to make an effort!" Jaehyo protested and pushed the others back.

    Approaching you, he kneeled and grabbed your hand. You gasped, but you weren't feeling as uncomfortable as you were expecting. 

   "Sir... Can I help you?" you smiled.

  "Of course... I was wondering if... a pretty lady like you, would choose a creature as humble as me to dance with her..?"

  "Well... I-I don't usually dance with people that I hardly know... but this time, for a guy like you... I can make an exception" you grabbed his hand and- out of nowhere- a low waltz was heard.

   You started dancing clumsily, but it was really cute.

  "Hey, I can't lose by that man... That girl belongs to me!" Chanyeol exclamed with his heavy voice and coming closer, he stopped Jaehyo and gently pushed him back.

  "My fair lady... Would you make me the honor to dance with me, instead of that looser?" he added, trying to hold back his laughter and bowing in front of you.

   You playfully giggled and naturally blushed.

  "B-but I..." you only managed to murmure, before  Chanyeol grabbed you in his arms and started also moving in the rhythm of the music.

   Kai was watching, his eyes shining  with jealousy and tightened his fists.

  "All of you, move!" he exclamed and you with Chanyeol stopped dancing. "There's no better man for this lady, except for me." he said and walked dynamicly towards you.

  "Don't step on your friends!" Chanyeol and Jaehyo yelled at the same time, but didn't manage to stop Kai.

  He came closer to you and dragged you in his hug, pushing you gently backwards. You gasped loudly, but Kai kept on looking at you right in your eyes.

   "Unfortunately, love is above friendship..." he whispered and added: "Offer me your pretty name..."

 

  Well, that was a total blank. You couldn't speak, move, not even breathe. You were just staring at Kai with an emotionless expression, while your heart was almost hurting you, by pounding so hardly.

   "Rina?? Won't you go on, dear?" Mrs Shin asked you kindly.

  "Ahh...I..I can't... Kai is distracting me..." you murmured and pushed him gently away.

  "Oh, it's ok! Chanyeol, you can do the last part instead of Kai. Go on, you are doing really fine!"

  Chanyeol pushed a shocked Kai back and came closer to you.

  "Beyond friends and family... My fair lady, will you become mine?" he whispered and- as you couregeously nodded positively- he kissed your lips with great ease.

   Weirdly enough, you weren't in panic...Maybe because you considered Chanyeol as an amazing friend and nothing more.

  "Excellent! Excellent!" Mrs Shin applaused and you got down from stage as quickly as you could.

    Back to your seats, Kai was really bitter.

  "Don't act so lamely... Chinja" he whispered to your direction.

  "Thank you, Kai!" you whipsered back ironically, feeling your heart being crushed.

  "Kai, shut up for a while..." Chanyeol indirectly scolded him.

 

    Kai's reaction had really hurt you for one more time. When you returned to your normal class, during the break, you almost started crying. Thankfully, you knew that EXO were practising, so they wouldn't look for you.

   Why was Kai being so... not himself? He wasn't that mean with other people...It was as if he was keeping his bad words only for you.

 

  Hours passed like that and one hour before the end of the school day, Baekhyun appeared and kissed your cheek.

  "Hello, my amazing friend!" he smiled.

  "Hi.." you whispered and kissed him back.

  "We're leaving earlier today... Do you want me to wait for you, my dearest Rina?" he asked you and hugged your back.

   "No, no, you're always so busy! There's no reason! I'll be fine on my own." you tried to smile and patted his head.

   "OK, then! See you tomorrow, angel!" he kissed your cheek again and left.

 

     Last lesson... Physics. You felt like vomitting. You hated it as much as hell. You were, for one more time, after a long time, bored, sad and lonely.

    It was a relief when you left for your house, even though it felt lonely without EXO by your side. It was lightly raining, but you had no ticket for bus or umbrella. The sound of the rain was really calming anyway, so you didn't mind.

   You were quietly walking until someone grabbed your arm.

  It was Kai. Still with his backpack on his back. And wet.

   "What are you doing here?" you asked, pretty surprised.

   "I was waiting... to  you up to your house..." he shyly said.

   "You didn't go home with the others?"

   "Aniyo. I said I was going to see my sister for a while." he answered, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly.

   "And why... all these?"

   "Because I can be really stupid sometimes... I didn't mean what I said! Jongmal! You acted really well! I just wanted to be me to finish the scene..." he blushed. "I like acting" he hurried to add.

   You simply smiled and started walking again. He followed you and- to your surprise- you felt his jacket on your shoulders. It smelt like his nicely manly perfume... It smelled so Kai-shly.

   You wouldn't talk at all. You enjoyed torturing him, even for that while.

   "I'm sorry for ruining your day Rina. I won't allow it to happen again." he bowed in front of you, as you got in your house.

   You smiled again and you seemed like closing your door; Kai's expression became really sad and he stand for a moment under the pouring rain, nto knowing what to do.

   However, you startled him, by opening the door again. You offered him an umbrella and a pretty smile.

  "I think you'll need this, Kai-sshi" you said and finally closed the door.

  

  Kai couldn't restrain from smiling happily.