Surprise...!

My Dream in Korea

It’s been almost two weeks since the day that Kai told you that they would be welcoming EXO M, from China. Unfortunately, things developed exactly as Kai had predicted and you expected. Within these days, the boys didn’t appear in school at all and the only calls that you received by them were rare and only to ask how you are doing. OK, Kai’s calls were much more regular.

  But that wasn’t replacing the gap that had been created in your heart and routine.

  If you had to be sincere, however, you had to admit that the hours in school weren’t a torment as they used to be at first. Thankfully, Victoria had quitted any effort of bothering you, after Kai’s direct threat. She wasn’t even looking at you and she seemed- somehow- tired. The difference was not easily distinguishable, but you- having to face her quite often in the past- could easily realise that there was indeed something different on her. Being in school was now just boring. Way too boring.

   You puffed loudly, sitting at a small table on the back of the school cafeteria. A big bite of your sandwich was still in your mouth, being chewed slowly and without eagerness; you had forgotten how boring the lunch breaks could be. Without EXO and Kai everything seemed boring and lifeless. At least, you were feeling kind of comfortable, since your classmates had gotten used to your foreign appearance and weren’t looking at you weirdly or intensely. You were now an invisible shadow for them, your dancing, acting or singing skills not enough to make you more «popular» or –at least-  normal to their eyes. Not even EXO and especially Kai by your side had been able to do that.

  Anyway, the literature test had taken place the previous week and the results hadn’t come out yet. However, you weren’t very optimistic for the results, since Kai’s absence had smashed your feelings. He called you before the test and after it. You had to accept that he was pretty interested, even though he couldn’t be by your side physically. But, still, you were feeling sad. And pessimistic for sure. You couldn’t care less for the test now, that your mind was always in EXO.

  You puffed again and held your face in your hands. Life can be boring. Chinja.

  Your phone vibrated in your pocket.  You grabbed it quickly and looked at it as if your whole life had to do with it. But you didn’t see the name you expected and wanted to see.

 It was Joonho.

 «Hi there, Joonho oppa.»

 «Hi princess. How are you?»

 «Fine… Well, a little bored, but I’m OK.»

 «Hope you’re passing by tonight from the gym, huh? We can have a walk, too, afterwards.»

 «I’ll be definitely coming! I don’t want to lose my tempo now, that I’m in the good path. As for the walk… I’ll think of it.»

 «I won’t get offended, because I’m sure I’ll convince you. You need to have a little fun, every now and then.»

 «I know, oppa, I’m just not in the mood.»

 «You will be. I’m sure. I need company, too!»

 «OK, ok, we’ll talk oppa. Bye~»

  You hanged up and smiled gently. Joonho was a good friend to you, but sometimes you were wondering if he was feeling more than a simple friend to you.

  No, you must be mistaken.

  You were looking intensely at a piece of bread in front of you, thinking of this stuff, when you felt someone sitting next to you. You turned to face Jaehyo. The last person you expected to see.

  «Hi there!» you waved with hesitance.

 «Hi, Rina. How are you?»

 You smiled and felt your cheeks burning. You weren’t used to other school people talking to you.

  «Fine… What about you?»

 «Fine… I was just wondering where the boys have been lately. You must know the answer, right?»

You thought for a couple of seconds.

 «Ehm.. yes. They’re practicing. It’s a really tough period for them. Chinja. But as far as I know, they are more than great. Just tired.»

 Jaehyo nodded slowly and smiled.

 «OK, then. You care for them a lot, right?»

  You blushed even more.

 «Ne. They are my only friends. The persons that I can count on.»

 Jaehyo smiled again and got up. He patted your head and you felt weird with that.

 «You can always count on me, too, girl. EXO’s friend, mine friend.» he said and patting your head again, left quickly.

  Jaehyo is a good guy… you thought, biting again your sandwich.             

    --

 

 

 

 

 «Wrong! That’s wrong!» Hyeonseon yelled and EXO stopped their dancing.

 «OK, OK, we got it!» Chanyeol yelled back and frowned angrily.

  He was getting easily upset lately, but now, he was right. Hyeonseon- after EXO M’s arrival- was really grumpy and had become even stricter. Mistakes weren’t easily accepted. Boys were simply exhausted.

   Xiumin looked at the manager with almost hatred. He couldn’t protect his dongsaengs from this thing, it was their job after all.

  «We will practice the vocals, the dancing team needs to rest a little.» Baekhyun said with determination and Hyeonseon agreed, unwillingly however.

  Kai sat down and folded his legs. His chest was going up and down quickly and sweat was running on his cheeks. His hair was funnily stuck on his forehead, as if he had a shower a moment ago. Lay and Luhan collapsed next to him in the same condition.

  «I think I haven’t done anything more painful in my whole life…»  Luhan murmured through his greeted teeth, gasping for air.

 «Luhan! You’re coming for the vocals, too, don’t you already know??» Hyeonseon’s voice was heard and Luhan puffed loudly, laying back on the floor.

  «LUHAN!»

 «I’M COMING!!» he yelled and got up quickly.

  Kai frowned and looked at Lay; he was a powerful dancer, but he always seemed so sensitive. His already pale skin looked like even paler. Kai patted his shoulder and Lay smiled, without looking at him.

 «We’re the best dancers, aren’t we?» he murmured.

 «Yeah… I think.» Kai murmured back.

 «All these things we are sacrificing now… They will be paid back, as soon as our album is out. I’m sure…» he said with a husky voice, coughing afterwards.

 Kai nodded, but his mind was running to you. Will the time of his youth by your side be replaced in any way…? He moved his head violently; whatever the consequences, that was the job that he really wanted to do. He loved dancing and if his whole life could be described with the word «dance» he was sure that he will be happy man.

    Your smiling face appeared in front of his eyes. He moved his head again, causing Lay to look at him.

 «Are you OK, bro?»

 «Ne… I just have to make a phone call…»

  Kai got up and reached for his mobile. He couldn’t resist to the temptation.

  He dialed your number quickly, without even thinking of it.

 «Beep…. Beep… Beep…»

 

  He sighed and hanged up.

 «She must be in school, yet, you know…» he heard Baekhyun’s voice and turned around.

  «Yeah.. You’re right hyung. I’ll… I’ll call her later on.»

 --

 

 

 

  «Joonho oppa! Stop doing that! I’m not in the mood to walk around now!» you whined, but Joonho kept on pulling your hand.

   «Just a walk! You need to talk a little and relax! And mostly, explain me why are you so sad and silent the past two weeks…»

  You puffed and bowed your head, surrendering. Joonho’s arm over your shoulders made you feel awkward, but you tried to forget the awkward feeling. You needed to talk to someone, after all.

  «So, I’m hearing you.» Joonho smiled.

 «Look, I don’t want you to feel like you’re my girly friend, who’s listening to my relationship problems… I think it’s a little ridiculous.»

 «It’s not ridiculous. I don’t feel girly at all and I just want to listen to everything that might be hurting you, little princess.» he said seriously.

 «OK… But don’t say that I didn’t warn you. You know Kai, you’ve met him, right?»

 «Yeap, a tall dude with porcelain- like face and black wavy hair.»

 «That’s right. Well, Kai isn’t a normal guy; he is a trainee for SM Entertainment, along with 11 more people and they form  a group, named EXO.»

«Wow, that was unexpected!» Joonho exclaimed.

 «Yeah… Don’t forget that we’re students of an Art school, huh? Anyway, half of the group’s boys live in China and practice there. After a long time apart, they came back in Korea and the practicing is now harder than ever. We only talk on the phone… The hours that he is able to talk. You see… SM doesn’t know about me and Kai doesn’t want them to know. You know how bosses of Music industry can be and we don’t want to risk it…. You know, Kai and the rest of the boys… They mean a lot to me.» you blushed.

  Joonho stopped walking and looked at you. His eyes were full of admiration.

 «You’re a really good girl, Rina, you know that?» he smirked. «So the problem is that you miss him?»

 «Yeah, kind of. Except that, I am completely bored at school. I have no one else to talk with… EXO were my unique friends. No other child talks to me. OK, Jaehyo does, but… only a little.»

 «Who’s Jaehyo?» Joonho asked , narrowing you with his eyes.

  «A… a classmate of mine. He just says «hi», nothing else.»

 «I wouldn’t expect that you’re a lonely person. You know so many things, interesting things. You’re smart and funny. I can’t imagine why people wouldn’t talk to a person like you.»

  «I don’t know the answer to that, either. I don’t think I’m that awesome, but I deserve a «hi» every day, right? I even have invented a person that doesn’t exist to justify my absence from house to my parents!»

  Joonho laughed.

  «Chinja? What’s her name?»

 «Baekja! And it’s not funny!»

  You both stopped to buy some hot tea. It was another cold night.

  «You shouldn’t have told them that it’s a girl… I could have appeared as that friend of yours…»

 «They know about you, with your real name, oppa. Don’t be silly. And- anyway- it would be a problem, since you’re a boy and older boy!»

 «They don’t want you to have a boyfriend?»

 «No, instead, they kind of expect it. But they act so stupidly! Whenever a boy is mentioned, they start these ty things that parents usually do and I’m sure that it would be so embarrassing… Imagine Kai going through this stuff! Ugh!»

   You sat on a bench and Joonho sat next to you. A hot drop of tea burnt your lips and you bit them thoughtfully.

 «Stop thinking of them for  a while… I don’t think there’s any other…»

  You interrupted him, without looking at him.

 «You know… he called me when I was at school, but I hesitate to call him back… It might be an inappropriate moment for him. I might put him in trouble… Him and Baekhyun or Chanyeol or anyone else…» you bit your nails.

  Joonho puffed and hugged you with his right arm. You couldn’t see the disappointment in his eyes. That- to you at least- not explained disappointment.

 

--

 

 

 

  «My body hurts me in places that I would never imagine that can hurt me…» Chen murmured and closed his eyes, laying on the sofa.

 «What matters is that we are still alive….» Sehun murmured back, widening his eyes.

 Kai laughed. He was very tired, too, but he’s mind was busy to think of this. He was thinking that you hadn’t called him back all day. And, now, it was extremely late to wait for this.

   Baekhyun sat next to him on the sofa and noticed the mobile in his hands again.

  «She didn’t call back?»

 «Ani… Should I get worried?»

 «Noo, she probably is afraid to call us back. You know, she doesn’t know our full program, I mean, what if we were still in SM, right?»

 «I’ll wait a little more, if she calls back…»

  Baekhyun frowned and patted his shoulder.

  «You know what time is it? It’s almost 2 AM! She must be sleeping! Don’t forget that they have school tomorrow, too, right?»

 Kai looked at Baekhyun, who was yawning, his cute face being stretched in a really weird way.  He yawned, too.

 «I’m going to school tomorrow. We have an evening practice, don’t we?»

  Baekhyun gasped.

 «Are you crazy? Stay to sleep, you babo!»

 «But I want to check things… It’s the first day we didn’t talk and it feels weird. I got nervous and I won’t be able to rest afterwards, in any way.»

 «You’re a really stubborn person, aren’t you Aigoo, everything is fine! You still don’t trust her…»

 «It’s not that! I just…»

 The door opened and Chanyeol got in. He was coming from outside.

 «What time is this, you - head?» Suho yelled and Chanyeol blushed.

  He scratched his head and smiled with silliness.

  «I… I was relaxing with walking a little.»

 «Yeah, sure! You were lucky that anyone didn’t stab you!» Luhan yelled, not averting his eyes from the TV.

  «Aish, don’t exaggerate Lulu!» Chanyeol murmured and put off his jacket.

 «DON’T CALL ME LULU!» Luhan literally screamed and threw a pillow at his direction.

 «Calm down, idiots!» Xiumin said and Chanyeol moved his shoulders, leaving the room.

 «He isn’t normal! I’m telling you, he isn’t!» Luhan went on with his shouting.

 «He’s right.» Suho agreed.

  A loud, sad music was heard from the upper floor.

 «And now you’re telling me that THIS is normal!?» Chanyeol yelled from the kitchen.

  That was D.O, locked in his and Kai’s  room, listening to music really loud.

  «We are all going crazy… That’s for sure!» Sehun puffed and rest his head on Luhan’s shoulder.

--

 

 

 

  Kai sneaked out of his bed silently. He got dressed quickly and ran downstairs. Everyone was still asleep. The whole house was silent.

  Kai was a little jealous of the others sleeping; his whole body was hurting him and his head was heavy. All of his muscles must have pulled in any way, these days. But he had to go, at least once, to calm himself down.

  He grabbed a bottle of milk and drank  two huge gulps.

 «The others won’t find out…» he thought and giggled slyly.

  He grabbed his backpack, after searching for it in a huge pile of other bags and backpacks that were threw next to the door. «These guys are a mess…» he murmured, as he got out of the house.

 «You’re not better than us!»

  Kai, really startled, turned to look.

  There, on the pavement, Sehun was standing, his backpack on his back, too.

 «What are you doing here?» Kai gasped.

 «Going to school.» Sehun moved his shoulders. «As far as I can see, you’re doing the same, so let’s go, otherwise we’ll be late for good.»

  Kai followed him with hesitance.

  «Don’t tell me that you missed being in class and listening to any teachers’ voices…» he put his tongue out.

 «If you ask me, I’m bored listening to Hyeonseon’s voice!» Sehun said with his usual, straight face. «But… no… It’s not that. I just wanted to see Victoria.»

  «Man, you’re too weird. Victoria??»

 «Don’t act like that! You all know I like her, however weird that is.»

  Kai smiled and patted the maknae’s shoulder.

  «Yeah… these things are kind of unexplainable…»

  «And you didn’t miss, as far as I know you, the lessons or the teachers’ voices… You never liked them much, anyway, right?»

 «Yeah… Right.»

 «You’re going for Rina…»

 «Yeah…»

 Kai half- closed his eyes, waiting for the mockery.

 «That’s fine.» Sehun smiled, without looking at Kai and they went on.

 

 

--

 

 

 

  «Jaehyo, did you hear what Miss Shin said?» you asked.

 It was the long break and after a tiring hour with Miss Shin and you had missed her last words for the lesson.

 «Yeah, she said that we should prepare exercise 3.b for next time. The- somehow- difficult one.»

 «Ugh… OK. I’m going to screw it again…» you murmured and Jaehyo smiled kindly.

 «No worries, I think it’s not that difficult if you read the text carefully.»

 «The problem is that I never know what the question is exactly asking!» you puffed. «Aish, I’m gonna try.»

  You headed for your desk, while you noticed Victoria coming back in class, holding a cup of steaming tea. Slight make- up, natural hair, her nose red. Yeap, she must have catched a cold.

  She sat on her chair and embraced herself.

  «Maybe I should ask her if she’s OK…» you thought, putting your books into your bag.

  Some people got in the classroom and before you could turn to see what was happening, two hands hugged you tightly. Touching them, you instantly recognised them.

 «Oppa?» you mumbled and turned around, hugging the person behind you.

 «Hi there!» Kai said and tightened his arms around your waist.

 «You came? How was that? I mean, are the rest of the boys here, too?»

 «No… Only him.» Kai pointed at Sehun, who looked at you and waved happily, but showed you Victoria and you realised that he was about to talk to her again.

 «She’s going to kill him. I think she’s sick or something.» you giggled and Kai moved his shoulders.

 «That’s his problem and only.» he put his tongue out and pulled you out of class.

   Sitting on a bench, in a relatively squiet hall, Kai kissed you.

 You blushed intensely. It had been a long time since this happened.

  «I called you yesterday… But I guess you were here…» Kai pouted.

  «Ne, that’s right. I saw it. But I didn’t know when to call you. What time do you usually leave the practicing studio??»

 «Oh, don’t count on something «usual». We leave when Hyeonseon, the manager, is satisfied. Yesterday, it was 1 AM. Today, who knows when it is going to be.»

  «Oh my God, you must be so tired, my poor ones…» you pinched his cheeks and patted his head.

 «Yeah, that’s true. Our bodies hurt us a lot. I wonder how they haven’t let us down, yet.»

 You smiled.

 «That’s because you have determination and patience to endure that difficult part of your preparation to succeed.»

 «Thanks.» Kai smirked and hugged you, resting his head on your shoulder.

 «So, why did you come here today? Your face is pale and you slept so late!»

 It was Kai’s turn to blush.

 «Ehm… let’s say I wanted to see you and Sehun wanted to… seduce Victoria or so.»

 You burst into laughter and then looked at Kai with the cutest expression you could take.

 «You woke up and came here… for me?»

 «Ne… but… I.. I mean.. Yes!» Kai mumbled and you jumped in his hug.

 «Thank you, oppa! Why do you feel embarrassed? I… don’t know how to put it… Thank you!» you were murmuring in his ear and kissed his cheek a thousand times.

 «It’s not only for you. And I needed to see you!» he winked and kissed your cheek back.

 --

 

 

 «Where the hell are Kai and Sehun?» D.O asked, getting in the kitchen, following the smell of something tasty being baked.

 «That’s what we were wondering, too. Good morning!» Lay said, biting a cookie.

 «Good morning…» D.O yawned and grabbed the milk bottle, serving himself.

  «It’s 1 PM. It’s ridiculous to say good morning now…» Suho commented and ate a bite of kimchi that was always on the table, no matter what hour it was.

 «We still have maaaaaaany hours until we go back to hell…» Chanyeol rubbed his hands with an evil smile.

 The others laughed, even Baekhyun did, who entered the room last, still wearing his pajamas.

 «Hi there, sleep head!» Chanyeol patted his head.

 «Hi…» he murmured and sat on a chair, laying his head and hands on the table.

  «OK, if Sehun and Kai were dead, why would have learnt it, right?» Tao said with a full mouth.

 «Aigoo, of course we would!» Kris moved his hands.

 «Dead? What are you talking about guys?» Baekhyun asked.

 «Kai and Sehun are both missing.»

 «Aish… At least for Kai, I’m sure he’s in school…» Baekhyun palmed his face in a fake despair. «As for Sehun… I don’t know, but I can find out.» he added and got up heading for the door, checking the pile of backpacks and bags.  «Kai’s school backpack is missing….» he murmured. «Sehun’s, too. That’s it, they’re both in school.»

 «Phew… That’s a relief.» Chen giggled and they all joined him.

 

 

 Half an hour later, keys were heard on the door and the boys- having eaten perfectly- who were lounging on the sofa, turned to look at the new- comers.

 Kai and Sehun got in.

 «YOU IDIOTS! YOU COULD HAVE WARNED US!» Suho erupted, but then, you followed and the angry face became smiley.

 «Rina…?»

 «Rina!» all the EXO K yelled and ran towards you.

 «Guys!!» you exclaimed and let them jump towards you, opening your arms for a team hug.

 «We convinced her to come.» Sehun winked.

  «You did well.» Luhan commented and got up from the sofa. «Kai, introduce us to your girlfriend.» he smiled and the rest of EXO M got up, too.

  You looked at them with curiosity and smiled. Most of them were pretty tall and they seemed kind.

 «Hi… I’m Rina!» you bowed and Kai hugged your waist.

 «OK, Rina. These are our brothers from China. Here’s Chen, Xiumin, Kris, Tao, Luhan and Lay. Guys, that’s our amazing Rina.»

 «Anyeong!» they all waved and smiled widely.

   «You have to see the dishes in the sink! We’re keeping our house in perfect condition, even though we’re 12 people in here.» Chanyeol said proudly and pulled your hand, dragging you in the kitchen.

 

  Hours were passing pleasantly with EXO. You hadn’t had such a good time for a long period. And EXO M proved funny and kind people. Great people. And really talented.

  After  eating a sandwich, you were sitting next to Luhan, that tall guy, with the beautiful, cat- like eyes and the pretty smile. You noticed him looking at you and you turned, smiling widely.                                                                                                                               «You seem a nice girl, Rina-sshi.» he smiled back.

 «Just Rina, please. And thank you, Luhan-sshi.»

 «Just Luhan.» he winked and you chuckled.

 «OK, then. You seem nice guys too. And you… your face is so… perfect!» you exclaimed, widening your eyes, causing Luhan to laugh loudly.

 «That’s a huge compliment, really. People don’t usually say such things straightforwardly. But I appreciate it, thank you. And you have perfect eyes.”

 You blushed and thanked him again.

 Baekhyun came from behind and hugged your shoulders.

 «Where have you been yesterday, little one?» he asked you and you looked at him a little panicked.

 «I… I.. I was with Joonho- sshi, a guy from the gym.»

 «Hmmm…» Baekhyun put his tongue out, but laughed.

 «Mueos? You were with that guy? I can’t believe it!» Kai exclaimed, leaving his playstation remote down.

 «We’re… we’re just friends oppa!» you hurried to justify yourself.

 «I don’t care! He’s flirting you!» Kai went on.

 «Ou, someone is jealous…» Luhan whispered and Kai looked at him angrily.

 «Look, when I say that we’re just friends I mean it!» you yelled, too and your eyes became angry.

 «He doesn’t seem to believe the same!»

 «You don’t even know him!»

  The door bell rang and you got up, along with Sehun, to get to the door. You wanted to go away from Kai and stop the fight.

 Sehun opened the door. There was no one there. The sun had already set and the street was silent.

 «What the hell…? Who’s joking now?» he murmured angrily and you creeped behind him to take a look around.

 He was about to close the door, when you- with shaky hands- pointed at something downwards. Sehun looked at the spot you were pointing and let out  a small scream.

 

 There, in front of you, on the stairs of the house’s entrance, there was a little baby covered with a blanket. Like, a real baby.

 

 

 

 

 

  From misschoi: Hi guys! I finally updated! This episode gave me a hard time, as I was fighting all the time with my mom, so I'm not fully satisfied, but I hope that you will be! Thank you for your non- stopping support and thank you for your comments and subscriptions. I really love it! Your comments and ideas are always welcomed. Fighting and take care til next time! ^^