Practising

My Dream in Korea

 "You kissed her?!" D.O gasped with surprise.

 "Sssh, idiot! Quieter! I didn't... I mean, I did, but it was right next to her lips..." Kai blushed and rubbed the back of his head.  "And - after all- it worked! Victoria hasn't bothered us for a few days now, if you didn't notice. She's just looking at me and Rina suspiciously but from a far."

  "Yeah, that's true actually... But let's just not say it to the others, huh? It's not right for Rina and Baekhyun wouldn't be very happy..." D.O asked with eyes full of meanings.

  "Oh, c'mon, I don't think he likes her that much! And after all, what if Victoria asks the other EXO about that issue? They will tell the truth and reveal my trick... Too much trouble for nothing??" Kai pouted to his roommate.

  "Yah, OK! Let's tell them at the end of our practice; Rina will be here, too, to witness the situation. You know, Chanyeol asked her to come and watch us- she had an hour spare today. All the members have started liking her... She's such an interesting person!" D.O smiled.

  "Yeah, I know..." Kai smiled back cutely, but changed immediately expression. "I mean, she's fine..." he gasped and turned to hide his red cheeks from his friend.

  "Hey, hey, have you all warmed up??" Suho shouted and his voice echoed in the biggest practising room of Bae Arts; EXO  had the privillege to practise there whenever they wanted, as SM had demanded so.

  "Yeah!" all the boys shouted.

   "Chanyeol is here, too!" Chanyeol exclamed happily, as he entered the dimmly-lit room with you. "Rina is with me, too!"

  "Hi Rina! OK, let's start!" Suho clapped his hands intensely and they took their positions.

   SHINee's "Lucifer" was heard from the speakers as Sehun pushed the "Play" button and ran to his position. EXO's powerful performance started. D.O and Baekhyun had the best voices, so their parts were the longest, but the others had interesting vocals, too. And Kai dancing... you jaw dropped, before you could realise it. His movements were both smooth and powerful, while his rap part was impressively good, too. For the first time, the word "y" crossed your mind to describe that smoking hot guy, right in front of your eyes. 

   You clapped with enthusiasm as soon as their performance finished; your excitement made them smile with satisfaction and you somehow forgot your wet hair... Victoria had poured "accidentally"  her coffee on your hair half an hour earlier and you had hurried to wash them in the bathroom; Chanyeol would be coming to you from your classroom, you couldn't get embarassed to him and the other EXO!

   "You like it?" Baekhyun asked you, his hands on his knees, his breath heavy and quick.

   "Aww, guys, you're amazing! I wonder why you are still trainees... You should have already debuted!" you clapped again happily.

  "Kekeke, thank you, Rina! It's nice to hear from you these compliments... Hey, you told us that you autioned with singing, but you have never sang in front of us..." he smiled slyly.

  "Eh, yes, it's Ok, it's nothing of it..." you murmured in panic.

   "C'mon, Rina we share the same art! Let's si..." D.O was exclaiming with excitement, until Kai stepped on him heavily. "Ouch, be careful, babo!" he shouted painfully and pushed him back.

   "Oh, mianhe, hyung..." Kai murmured and bit his lip; you didn't notice that he was looking at you.

  "Sing with me Rinaaa" Baekhyun pulled your hand playfully, preventing D.O from doing the same suggestion. (Well, that was his intention previously, after all!)

  "No, no, Baekhyun-sshi! I can't!" you moved your hands crazily.

  His hand brought you closer and he started singing Woohyun's and Lucia's "Cactus", making you feel dizzy. You kept moving your hands and head in denial, but that didn't stop Baekhyun.

   "I might seem heartless because of my cold appearance, I might seem dark because I'm covered with thorns, But don't worry, because pretty flowers will bloom  out of me. On days when your heart is hurt, when tears fall for no reason, remember me, I'll be a small comfort to you... Shed your tears on top of my head, even your upset heart, until your smile shines on you I will drink it silently.."

  He was looking at you encouragingnly and you just opened your mouth; you were touched by that song like always... And Baekhyun was singing it right that moment for you... Well, not exactly, but you felt like that. Instictively, you looked at Kai; he seemed uninterested, making circles on the floor with his foot. Baekhyun tightened his grip on your hand; it was your turn.

  Your voice came out pretty choked because of being really touched, but you tried to make it clearer:

  "When that becomes the day the day that we are together, when that day becomes the one that will never come back, I will  hold onto your tears that I've kept and stand in the Spring..."

   Noticing your tearful eyes, Baekhyun smiled cutely and patted your head. You finished the song together and he hugged you tightly, when the others started applausing. Kai stepped down from  the stage without saying a word.

   "Oh, Rina, your voice is pretty awesome!" Chanyeol exclamed.

  "Yes! And if you work on your moves on stage you'll be perfect!" Suho commented with his eyes widened.

  "Th-thank you, guys... I..."

  "Hey, you! You are AGAIN WITH OPPAS?"

   Dear God, that histerical voice... It was Victoria!

    Kai got up as if being hit by electricity and ran towards you and Baekhyun, pulling you from his arms.

  "What do you want, Victoria?" Baekhyun asked with an annoyed expression.

  "I want you to cut it off with that loser! Is she pretending to be nice and lovely to you, Baekhyun oppa? Well, I've seen her kissing with Kai oppa!" she screamed.

   EXO gasped and looked at you and Kai with suspiciousness.

  "What is she talking about?" Sehun asked, his voice a little rough and annoyed.

   "Well, that's the truth!" D.O yelled desicevily and urged her to get out. "Now, go, and you're not the one to tell us what to do!" he shouted again and locked the door.

  "You should have done this earlier..." Kai puffed and sat down saddly. "Sorry Rina..."

  "What the hell is going on, Kai?" Suho asked.

   "I kissed Rina to avoid Victoria..." he apologised. "Actually, it was right next to her lips, not a real kiss at all."

  "I confirm that" you said and smiled at them.

    That's when they all started laughing and patted his and your shoulder.

  "You idiot, you should have told me earlier!" Suho exclamed.

   "Yeah, it would be weird you kissing Rina!" Sehun said stupidly.

  You looked at him surprised.

   "I mean, you are both competely different!" he added and smiled at you kindly.

  "Yes, of course it would be weird" Kai answered and you felt your heart being pinched and full of disappointment.

  "Whatever! Sing with me again, Rina"  Baekhyun held your hand again and caressed your wet hair. "Why is your hair wet??" he asked you with surprise.

 "Long story" you smiled saddly, avoiding to give a straightforward answer.

 

  Returning to your class with Chanyeol, you found  your bag flipped and all your stuff on the floor and your books in pieces; "GO AWAY FROM OPPAS!" you read on one of the pieces. Chanyeol was talking with their friend, Jaehyo and you just hurried to put everything back in your bag before he sees anything. You would get so embarassed.

  You had just finished your job, when he came closer to you.

  "Sorry for before, Rina. I don't know why we all got worried with the news that you and Kai kissed... We are so stupid sometimes..." he smiled with his amazing puppy-eyes.

  "It's OK, Chanyeol-sshi! No worries... I've gained a benefit from that event, too; Kai owes me a favour, so I can use him for really evil purposes!" you joked and he laughed. "I want to thank you all; thanks to you I'm not alone anymore."

  "You already have our friendship and you deserve it to the full; you can count on us girl!" he smiled and the lyrics of the song crossed your mind again, making your scared heart feel better.

   "On days when your heart is hurt, when tears fall for no reason, remember me, I'll be a small comfort to you..."

 

 

  From misschoi: Kai scrapped everything, huh? :P What a shallow guy!! Kekeke, just kidding, these are the results of a word that starts with a "J"...;) I added the lyrics of Woohyun's "Cactus" in translation; one of the most touching songs written for K-pop! Enjoy and I am vowing for an update soon! ^_^