A surprise

My Dream in Korea

"Are we going to ever stop fighting?" Kai lifted his hands.

  The atmosphere was pretty tensed in his and D.O's room, with the door firmly closed to the other boys, who were actually sleeping.

 "If you ever stop behaving stupidly!" D.O shouted.

 "It's my life and I make the decisions!" Kai shouted back.

 "Yes, but we two and we- all the EXO- are THE bestest friends! I can't be listening to the others wondering why you behave like that and be obliged not to explain! Your secrets are making me distant with the others... I prefer not being present when they are chatting rather than lie to them and pretend that I don't know anything!" D.O  puffed and sat on his bed.

 "I know it's not fair and it's difficult for you, but be a little patient! Of course I don't want to lie to the others. And in a while, it won't be necessary; I'll have stopped feeling anything for Rina and... and I will be the Kai you all know again..." he pleaded and tried to hug D.O.

 "No! I know you won't! When you are in love, Kai, whatever you do, if your special person is every day with you... how are you going to get over with it? I just don't believe it..."

 "C'mon, I'm already getting over her..." Kai murmured and sat next to him.

 "Yeah, sure..." D.O gasped in disbelief and pushed his friend.

 

 

   You rang the bell in EXO's house and a sleepy Suho opened the door. He smiled, with his eyes almost closed yet, and opened his arms for a hug. You willingly hugged him and patted his head.

  "Did I wake you up Suho? Sorry, but Kai told me to come early for our lesson..." you said, as you stepped in, leaving your shoes aside.

  "No, no sorry! I'm glad to see you here again, after a long time, really- reallly much!" he snuggled you in his hug. "Our household was not complete without you here every day... Kai is upstairs with D.O, little Sehun is still sleeping, so does Chanyeol, and Baekhyun- as soon as he woke up- left for SM. Our manager needed him for some vocal exercises and he said that he is also meeting someone. I woke up 5 minutes earlier..." he explained and jumped on the couch, to stretch a little.

 "You're all late today, sleepheads! How's that?" you giggled.

  "We stayed at SM until really late, practising... Imagine that our manager brought us back here. And when we returned, we just didn't have the stamina to do anything. I wonder how we didn't sleep with our clothes and not PJs..." he smiled and hid his face in his hands.

  "Oh, no! And I woke you up... I'm so sorry, but Kai didn't mention that..." you apologised.

  "Kai is an idiot. Good morning, Rina!"

  That was D.O, who had just gotten downstairs. He patted your head and was ready to go on for the kitchen, when he looked at you again and smiled. Suho hurried to go in the bathroom with his clothes, to get dressed.

  "Rina, can I ask you something?" D.O whispered.

  "Yes, of course." you smiled with his sly face.

  "Do you ever act cute around Kai?"

  You got panicked; what kind of question was that? Had he realised anything about your feelings??

 NOOOOO~

  "M-mueos?"

  "C'mon, tell me!" he pouted.

  "Well... sometimes... As with all of you guys..." you blushed.

  "Yes, I'm sure about that; so, how does he react?"

  "Oh, he gets really anoyed! He tells me to do that stuff to all the other of you, but not him, because he isn't the same kind of guy... and something like that." your turn to pout.

  "Really? Oh, what an idiot!" he said and patted your head once more. "Do me a favour, please; we had afight previously and I want to break his nerves right now... Fill him with aekiyo, please, please, please." he whined cutely.

  You laughed and pinched his cheek.

  "OK, that won't be difficult... But if he kills me, I'll blame you and only!" you joked and he nodded happily, as you were going upstairs.

  "We will see now if is indeed getting over her, as he claims..." he thought teasingly and disappeared in the kitchen with a careless smile.

 

  "Hi Kai!" you smiled, as you got in his room.

  He was thoughtfully sitting on his messy bed and looked at you with a pleasant surprise.

  "Hi Rina!" he got up and waved. "I'm glad you're finally here again."

  "Me too!" you exclamed and hugged him tightly.

   Beyond your hurt heart and your bitterness, about what had happened lately, you really had missed being a real member of this household. With your parents always absent and with no friends by your side, EXO had become a kind of family and friends at the same time; the perfect combination of these two things.

   That hug of yours was full of these feelings. Not only to Kai, as the boy you really liked, but also to Kai, as one of your dearest friends.

  He didn't say anything; neither pushed you. He kind of realised how you were feeling all these days... It was painful for him, too, and- now- having you back here... was like a missing piece of puzzle, that came back to it's place. So, to your surprise, he hugged you tightly back.

  "OK, let's work now. We haven't done anything for a long time." he strictly said and pointed at the empty chair for you.

 

     Time went by smoothly.

   Until... until you remembered D.O's request.

   You wondered if it is right to do it now, that you two were really quiet and pleasantly having your lesson. Kai would get double mad at you.

   But who really cares?? The fact that he has asked Victoria out didn't change at all! You needed to take your revenge.

  You turned to him and stopped him from reading.

  "Kaiiiii, let me look at your faceeeee!" you started your pout.

   "Mueos?!" he widened his eyes, but- as a result of listening to his name- he turned to look at you and you snatched the opportunity.

   You gently held his face in your hands and held him to look at you.

  Dear God, he's so handsome...

   "Rina, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Kai shouted.

   "Omo, you're such a cute pie- face..." you giggled and started touching with the tip of your finger his eyebrows first of all.

    "Expressive eeeeeyebrows..." you followed their route on both with your finger.

    "Rina, stop... I hate aekiyo!" Kai shouted again.

   The truth is that he wanted to grab you and kiss you, but- of course- he couldn't and was trying to get out of this well-set trap.

   "Big, sweet eeeeeyes..." you went on, touching carefully his eyelids.

   "RINA! Do that to the others. not Kai!!!!!!" he went on, too, protesting.

   "A teddy bear-like nooooose..." your finger went down his nose.

   Kai shivered; that was going out of control.

   "That's enough!!" he tried to free himself.

   "Oh... and your flower-like liiiiiiips..."

   Well, you were about to touch his lips with your finger, but Kai managed to get free and abruptly pushed you backwards. Your chair tripped and fell behind, while you found yourself with your back on Kai's bed, which was right behind the desk you were sitting, and Kai on top of you.

   You tried to shout something, but you were in too much euphoria to say anything.

   Kai blushed severely, but didn't move; none of you could.

  "I t-t-told you not to do that!!!" he finally managed to say.

  "Get off me, idiot!" you also managed to shout.

   But before any of you could do anything, the room's door opened and two familiar faces appeared, gasping with surprise with what they were seeing.

   "Omo, Kai, what are you doing there??"

  That was Baekhyun, who was laughing really hard with your faces.

  "You have become a really naughty boy, cousin, haven't you? You shouldn't be like this with your girlfriend."

  And that was... O.M.G

  "Lee Taemin??" you gasped.

    You pushed Kai away from you and got up to fix yourself, while Kai rolled on his bed and covered his head with a pillow.

  "What are you doing here?" his voice was heard, choked somehow, because of the pillow.

   "Lee Taemin??" you said like an idiot again.

   "Yes, that's me, young lady. I'm your boyfriend's cousin, Taemin from SHINee." he winked and held your hand.

   You blushed and smiled, but hurried to fix his mistake.

   "That idiot is not my boyfriend! Sorry, it's your cousin..." you covered your mouth with embarassment, but Taemin laughed.

   "Of course he is an idiot!" Taemin moved his shoulders and you all laughed.

   "Rina is being tutored in Korean Literature by Kai; as you can see, she's a foreigner, so it's a bit difficult for her" Baekhyun explained and hugged you tightly.

  "Ah, of course Kai wouldn't get such girl... Is she yours, Baekhyun?"

  "Aniyoooo..." Baekhyun answered, in a way that didn't sound clearly normal or sad.

  "Hmm... so maybe I could...?"

  "Aniyo!"

  That was Baekhyun and Kai in chorus; Baekhyun teasingly, Kai maddly.

  You blushed a lot and pushed funnily Baekhyun.

   "Shut up, hyung!" Kai shouted to Taemin and Taemin giggled.

   "Oh, my baby cousin is upset, whyyy??" he asked, but Kai wouldn't answer, covering himself with his pillow again.

  "You don't wanna talk? Arasso, I'll be around here for a few days... We don't have a busy scedule lately, so it'll be fine to see you more..."

   "Let's go downstairs!" Baekhyun pointed funnily and Taemin followed.

   "Kai? What am I doing?" you asked him.

   He didn't move.

   "I'll be downstairs when you decide to be a 17-year-old boy, as you really are." you added and closed the door.

   You didn't actually notice that he was crying. Your behavour had pushed him to his limit and Taemin's out of nowhere appearance and embarassing comments had made him feel even weaker. He had been embarassed to you, thanks to his idiot cousin!

 

  

  "Taemin hyung? What are you doing here?" Chanyeol murmured, with his sleepy voice being even deeper than its normal.

   "Ah, what's with that question? No one is happy to see me?" he protested.

   "I am" you smiled.

    "Me too" Sehun appeared from the kitchen, with Baekhyun answering positively, too.

   "I didn't say I'm not happy! I just wondered what are you doing here... We hadn't seen you for a long time." Chanyeol yawned and layed lazily on the couch.

  "Yes, I know, but I have some free time and I wanted to see how you guys are doing..." Taemin joined the yawning club, because of Chanyeol.

  "Arasso... what about you?"

  "I'll tell you, Chanyeollie... It's just... I want to ask something Kyungsoo. first.. Is he in the house?"

  "Ne, he's in the kitchen to prepare our breakfast." Sehun hurried to answer to start a Playstation rally with you and Chanyeol.

   "Aigoo... the TV is too loud!" Suho appeared. "Taemin hyung? How's..."

   "How's that? I'll tell you afterwards guys!" Taemin hurried in the kitchen, while Suho tried to catch up with the rest of you.

  

    D.O was singing as he was cutting some vegetables.

   "Kyungsoo?"

   D.O turned surprised.

   "Taemin hyung!! How's..."

  "HOW'S THAT? Aigoo, you'll make me feel bad, guys!" he whined and D.O giggled, not understanding.

  "Mueos?"

   "Aish, nothing! Forget it! We have time for explanations later! Now, I want only you for something..."

  "Of course, if I can help."

   "Kyungsoo, I'm here because Baekhyun asked me to come... He said he's worried with Kai's behavour lately, that he doesn't talk much and he explained me the whole incident with that school , Victoria and that sweet girl, Rina..." Taemin whispered.

  "Ah... ne..." D.O moved his head awkwardly.

  "I'm here to solve the mystery and help my cousin out, but he seems so stubborn! Up there, in his room, he was really upset! We found him on top of that girl, Rina, but they didn't seem to be in a... love session exactly, but as if they were fighting as a married couple. I made it worse with my usual comments towards him and he wasn't even talking to any of us!"

  "Ah, that's partially my fault, I guess... It's a complicated story..." D.O tried to hold back his laughter, realising what happened upstairs.

  "Kyungsoo, I'll ask you just one thing; is Kai in love? Or, better, is Kai in love with Rina?" Taemin asked, seeming worried.

    D.O breathed slowly. He couldn't hide the truth from Taemin; he was catching everything.

  "Ne."

  "Damn, it's so obvious" Taemin chuckled.

  "I know, hyung, but it's a complicated story, chinja. Do not say anything to any of the other EXO boys and of course, neither to Rina! I've made a really stupid promise to Kai and... everything is messed up. I'll explain you everything right now... about your stubborn cousin and his overly persistent idea of friendship and whatsoever...." D.O puffed and started explaining Kai's feelings and thoughts about that issue, that had led him to all these idiot things.

 

 From misschoi: Hello guys! We're checking in, with Lee Taemin!! Yay, he's a bit annoying kind of cousin, but... I think he's gonna be Kai's favourite sooner or later... :P Thank you all for subscribing and don't forget to leave your comments with all your observations or ideas! ^_^ (It's really useful to misschoi~ XD) Take care til next time!! <3