Heartless

My Dream in Korea

   "Baby, I'm leaving for work." your mom shouted.

    You covered yourself with your blunket. Another Saturday. Another lonely Saturday.

   Beyond the rainy, cold day and your parents' absence, your mood was in a terrible condition, too, for a week now. After the incident with Kai and Victoria, you just couldn't bear with it. You were talking less and would cry easily, your face was pale and your heart pretty heavy. That was the worst after all. Your parents had noticed it, but when they asked you if something wrong had happened with "Baekja", you had answered positively, calming them down- however- to avoid further questions. As for EXO boys, they were pretty annoyed and lost with Kai's movements. They wouldn't talk about it, to avoid further friction among them, but they were full of questionmarks. Except for D.O; he had just sensed why his roomate had done that stupid thing. And he tried-in vain- to scold him. But Kai wouldn't say a single word. His mood was in a really bad condition, too, but he didn't want to re-think his actions; he knew that this would be even worse.

  "OK, mom..." you murmured and heard her footsteps going downstairs, the front door closing then.

   You rolled yourself as a barrel and sniffed your nose sadly.

   Poor EXO boys... Especially your cuties, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, were pretty worried with your sudden change of mood. Same were the rest of them, but they were pretending that they hadn't noticed it, trying to cheer you up. They knew you didn't like Victoria, but- beyond that- they couldn't see any other reason for your soooo, soooo aweful condition. Kai was trying to play it "careless", but Sehun had caught him many times looking at you with concern. He didn't comment on that, however.

   Kai had been worse influenced when you denied to follow them at their house for your usual lesson with him. You said that you weren't feeling well and Suho had escorted you up to your house all the three times that this thing happened, during this week. Kai was pinched badly then; he thought it would be painful only for him, but it seemed to be for you, too. He couldn't see the reason, but- as the other boys- he was blaming your really bad relationship with Victoria.

   "Aish... I won't get up..." you whispered to yourself.

  ~Sarang monji... sarang monji~ 

   Your mobile rang with your favourite Big Bang song, making you get up abruptly, as you got scared.

   Baekhyun's number appeared on the screen and his silly face with a sassy merhong, too.

   "Yoboseyo?" you murmured, still with a sleepy voice.

   "Anyeong, Rina! I just wanted to check if you're awake. We're coming by to eat croissants with you!" he shouted happily, almost defeaning you.

   "What? Baekhyun, no, there's no..."

  "Aniya, aniya, I can't hear youuuuu. We're coming by, see yaaa!" he added playfully and hanged up.

   "Aigoo..."

   You got up with boredom and dragged yourself downstairs, at least to wash your face and- somehow- fix your hair.

  

  5 minutes later they arrived. "They". It was Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun.

  "Hiiiii!" they shouted in union and hugged you.

  "Hi, guys..." you smiled slightly and hugged them back.

  "Again sad?" Chanyeol pretended scolding you and tried to lift the tips of your lips, to make them smile.

  "Thank you for coming, cuties, but... sorry, I'm not in the mood." you hugged him tightly.

   "Rina... that's enough! We're eating croissants and you're telling us everything. We have to know, we're your friends." Baekhyun said firmly and pointed at your kitchen.

 

   You were sitting with boredom on a chair and Baekhyun dragged your feet on his thighs, to make you comfortable. Sehun and Chanyeol were eating like they hadn't done so for centuries. And you just sighed.

  "OK, the question is simple. What is wrong with you lately??" Baekhyun asked.

  "Nothing" you said, but Chanyeol pinched your cheek.

  "Hey, no lying! It's obvious that it has something to do with Kai and his stupid behaviour, but I can't just see the deeper reason..." he scratched his head.

  "Well, it's not only Rina's bad mood; Kai isn't well, too. And it's way too obvious. But if he isn't fine with his actions why is he doing them?" Sehun joined the scratching-head team.

  "Something interesting smells here..." Baekhyun murmured with a sly smile.

  "Nothing is wrong, OK? My mood is ruined because of the bad weather, arasso?" you lied severely.

  "Ah, yes, and I'm Superman!" Baekhyun did a merhong in your face.

  "Has Kai's behavour something to do with you? Or your bad mood with him? But, why?" Sehun seemed to overload his brain with too much thinking.

  Damn it, he was too close to the truth. You had to save yourself.

  "OK, OK, I'll tell you!" you yelled and they seemed satisfied. "Look, guys, my relationship with Victoria isn't only bad; it's complete . She has been bullying me,OK? Pouring her coffee on my hair, turning into pieces my books, marking my face with a marker to tease me and other similar stuff... She was doing it, after realising that I was hanging out with you, but after the fake kiss with Kai things got worse. That's all."

  Boys remained with their mouth half-opened.

  You had to sacrifice one of your secrets to save the other, the most embarassing; liking Kai.

  "A-are you serious?" Sehun's lips trembled.

  "You beared with all that stuff and didn't say anything?" Baekhyun seemed a little mad.

  "I did; I told Kai everything, because he was present when one of these took place. Otherwise I wouldn't. Don't you see it, I'm upset because, even though he knew all these, still...he asked her out for the ball. It was just too much to handle." you sniffed your nose, apologisingly.

  "What the hell is going on behind our backs?? I feel a total idiot right now!" Chanyeol capped his face with embarassment.

  "No, no, it's not your fault that she's crazy!" you comforted them. "I was with you and it was an enough protection, really. I didn't want to make you worried... There was no reason."

  "There was! Your safety! Aish, Rina, if something worse was happening to you... what woould we do, huh? Don't do that again, please!" Baekhyun shouted and hugged you tightly.

  "OK, I won't. Don't be sad, please. I'll be feeling guilty for telling you!" you pouted and offered them a team hug.

  "No guilty, that explains everything and thank you for opening our eyes." Chanyeol caressed your hair.

   "No one is hurting you from now on, chinja." Sehun patted your head and smiled cutely.

   Baekhyun's mobile rang.

  "Ne?"

  "Hey, hyung, were are you?"

  That was Kai.

  "We're at Rina's, you idiot! What do you want?" Baekhyun asked firmly; he was even more mad with Kai, after listening to your explanation, which wasn't actually a lie.

  Kai gulped. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Sehun at your house; jealousy hit him really hard again. Right in his heart.

  "What is wrong hyung?"

  "Nothing, tell me what do you want now."

  "Nothing special; Suho hyung asked me to buy bread and I thought that you might be able to do that, since you're already out..."

  "Arasso."

  "You sure everything is fine?"

   Kai had sweated; he wasn't feeling even physically well; jealousy was killing him and Baekhun's rough behavour was making him feel guilty for no obvious reason.

  "Ne, see ya later." Baekhyun hanged up, leaving Kai completely speechless.

 

  You gently caressed Baekhyun's head.

  "Don't be bad at him... He's just immature, I guess" you whispered in his ear and he kissed your cheek.

   "He has to realise his mistakes. Don't justify him, please. You're like a sister to me and to all of the EXO boys. And we have to protect you as real one. I'm gonna talk to him..."

  "No, please. Don't make him feel bad! I'll- I'll be back for the lesson this week! Everything will be as it used to. I promise!" you held his shoulders and he smiled.

  You just had to remain heartless. It wouldn't hurt you at all then.

  "OK, I'll be remembering that promise, arasso?" he said with a serious face and then smiled playfully. "Sehun, Chanyeol... the croissants are not only YOURS, PUNKS!" he shouted and you burst into laughter.

 

  From misschoi: Hi there! Thanks again for your support guys, it's really precious to me! All your comments and ideas are more than welcomed! I'll update soon! (That's not a promise, however... :P) Keke, take care til next time!! ^_^