Smile, it works

My Dream in Korea

2 months later

 

 

   The first signs of spring, even though pretty weak, had appeared, making everyone’s mood much lighter.

  EXO M had returned -for the time being- in China, so the program of EXO K had become once again easier and far more relaxing than before.

   You, however, were always pretty busy with your Literature preparations. The extra lessons with Mrs. Shin had made you more confident and you were feeling that you were doing actual work. Beyond the fact that you were benefited concerning lessons, you were benefited with your time with Kai. The moments that you were having lessons with him, were now free hours to spend them much more differently and fun.

   Kind of kisses, hugs and similar stuff.

  However, your life had gotten much better in general.

  Seulki, for example, had become your first female friend after coming in Korea. She was a strong, independent girl, a little bossy maybe, but in a way that was making her irresistible. Having a child and going through this whole situation, had made her  more mature and wiser, but –in heart- she was still an 18- year- old girl. She also had a unique sense of humor and- being away from school for a long time- because of little Haru, she needed new friends, too. So, you two had ended up to be the very best friends.

   So, the excuses including Baekja had slowly started fading and the name Seulki could be heard more often from your parents’ ears. Which wasn’t a lie after all.

  Talking about lies, you hadn’t still said a single thing to your parents about Kai’s existence. The funny thing was that your mom had seen him many times at Mr. Kim’s place, on these Saturdays that he was coming to help your neighbor. She had even said «Good morning» to him.

  You were locked in your room all these times, looking through the window, safe from your mom seeing your intense blush. And Kai wasn’t helping at all. He was sending you teasing texts the whole time. Making you shy and mad at the same moment.

  Your relationship with him was still in its cute phase. You were fighting many times for random stuff, but that was the seasoning of that thing that existed between you and him. That’s why you were enjoying so much being with him.

    All your other EXO friends were kind of bored after EXO M’s departure.  After getting over the shock with Chanyeol, they had simply returned to their usual routine. So, yeap, they were kind of bored. At least, that’s what they were sharing with you.

   And life was going on like this. Surely happier than at first.

 

  Hiding  EXO from your parents and EXO hiding you, Seulki and Haru from SM, though, was something that was annoying everyone. Especially you. You always hated having secrets from your parents and now you were someone else’s secret for something far more important; for his job and future. Because no one really knew how SM would react if they were finding out about you and Kai or Chanyeol’s all- of- a- sudden created family.

  It was saddening you, however, to think of these things, so you were pushing them on the back of your mind, making sure not to remember them very often.

  --

 

 

 

   You opened your eyes and extended your hands with laziness. It was Saturday and your mom wasn’t working, a fact that you remembered as soon as you heard her voice, talking on the phone to some relative of yours, back in your country. You rolled in your bed and covered your head  with a pillow, more than eager to go on with your sleeping. After all, it was a day without school.

    You remembered having an appointment with Seulki, right before lunch, to buy things for Haru. She was growing up very fast. The boys, of course, wouldn’t come with you, in case you were meeting any people from SM or from your school. 

  At least, that’s what you have said with Seulki.

    But, still, you had some time more to sleep.

 

   Gzzzzzzz~ 

 

  That was the machine that Mr. Kim was mowing the lawn. And it sounded as if it was right next to your ear.

  Well, it seemed like not everyone was willing to let you sleep.

    You groaned and pressed the pillow harder on your ear.

 Really in vein.

 Because, at this moment, your mom entered  your bedroom and gently pushed you.

 «Rina, baby…. Wake up! It’s 10 o’ clock in the morning! Wake up!!» she started shaking you.

 You cursed on your inside, but didn’t move on the outside.

 «Baby, c’mon. Wake up!»

  Feeling already very angry, you threw your pillow away and got up, looking at your mom with a look that could scare even the baddest people of this world.

  «WHAT, MOM??» you yelled and she stepped a little back.

  «Oh, baby, I’m glad you woke up. It’s Saturday! Isn’t this the day that you’re helping Mr. Kim with his garden?» she smiled with excitement.

  You didn’t hold back from rolling your eyes.

 «Mom, NO. Just NO, OK?? Someone else is helping him today, OK??»

 «Oh, yes, I know, I saw again the boy that was also here a few weeks ago. You know, the guy with the beautiful lips… The tall one?»

  OMG, you thought. She was talking about Kai again!

 «Mom, what are you talking about? Why I should have noticed that guy?» you said firmly.

«Oh, c’mon, Rina! He’s handsome, don’t deny it! These lips of him are so cute!»

  You were about to laugh. A lot. You had been kissing these lips for three months now!

 «Mom, since that guy is there, there’s no need for me to go, too! Now, let me sleep.» you whined and the other side of your bed.

 You heard your mom sighing.

 «He told me «Good morning» again… He seems a kind boy.»

 «OK, mom, bye now!» you grabbed your pillow again and covered your head.

    You wondered how stupid Kai was for talking to your mom. He was doing it on purpose, didn’t he… >.<

   You heard your mobile vibrating.

  That was it. You decided that there was no single chance you would be able to sleep again.

   Taking it in your hands, you looked at the screen. Kai was calling you. Ensuring that your mom wasn’t anywhere close, you answered.

  «Good morning, princess!» you heard Kai’s smooth voice.

 «Good morning prince of idiocy.» you said with boredom.

 «Of idiocy?? Are you crazy?» he whined.

 «Why you keep on talking to my mom? It’s dangerous. Beyond the fact that she’s constantly talking about you to me, afterwards…»

«Awww… And you feel embarrassed? Oh, that’s so cute!»

 «Oh, cut that off!»

«OK, Rin… I just like it to tell her a simple «Good morning». Is that so bad? I’d do that, whoever was living next to Mr. Kim. Now, this woman is your mom! I have a reason more to greet her, whenever I am here…»

  You sighed.

 He was partially right.

It wasn’t nice to scold him for this, anyway. He was just being kind.

«OK, then… I’ll get downstairs soon…» you said quietly, approaching the window of  your room.

  Looking through it, you saw him, standing close to the wall/ hedge, with a shovel in his hands.

«OK… I hope I’ll see you then.» you saw him smiling, not having noticed you on the window.

«Kai! You know I love you, don’t you?» you asked, with a little shaky voice.

 That’s what you were always asking him after a fight of yours, that you knew it was your fault.

 You saw his face becoming surprised and then he looked at the window of yours. He smiled again.

 «Of course I do. Do you know that I love you, too, missie?»

 «I do.» you whispered and hang it up quickly, leaving your window, and Kai’s look, too.

  You were feeling the same excitement and happiness and panic, whenever Kai was telling you these things.

  You dressed up as beautifully as you could, not only because you were going out today with Seulki, but mostly because there was a chance of Kai seeing you.

  This is how it is when you have a boyfriend, after all.

 

  As soon as downstairs, you took a seat in the kitchen, drinking your milk quickly, in order to be in time for your appointment with Seulki.

   You grabbed your bag and wore your shoes, standing next to the door. Your mom appeared, drying her hands with a towel.

 «You’re leaving baby?»

 «Yes, mom. I have to meet Seulki, OK?»

 «Yeah, OK. Of course, OK. Are you going to eat lunch with her, too?»

 «Ah… I don’t know. Maybe. I’ll call you. We’re mostly going to buy clothes for…»

  Don’t say for her daughter, you thought.

«…For her.» you grinned widely.

 «Oh, I see. OK, have fun then. And baby, wouldn’t it be kinder to call Baekja, too?»

  You were about to laugh hard, but held yourself back.

«She might be coming, really!» you exclaimed. «Bye mom!» you waved quickly and closed the door behind you.

   Walking fast for your destination, you started biting your nails, thinking of how you would end that Baekja thing.

  «Hey, pretty lady, aren’t you going to look at us?»

  You turned, a little surprised, to face Kai, standing right outside from Mr. Kim’s house. His hands and clothes were very dirty, with soil and mud, but his face was smiling brightly.

  Unconsciously, you smiled back and you were sincerely about to run in his hug. However, remembering his dirtiness and that your mom was in the house next to where you were both standing, you simply approached him carefully.

 «Of course, I’m looking at my prince.» you smiled and caressed his cheek.

 He closed his eyes cutely and he- obviously because he was usually doing so- was about to hug you, but you pushed him.

 «You’ll make my clothes dirty, oppa!» you put your tongue out, ruining the cute moment.

 Kai frowned sadly.

 «Where are you going?»

 «To meet Seulki. We have to buy some new clothes for Haru. Her parents sent to her some money for this reason, so…» you touched his nose with the tip of your finger.

«Oh, God, you’re going to buy everything from any store.» his turn to put his tongue out and you slapped his shoulder.

«We’re not like this, Kai- nim. You know that!» you whined and he laughed.

«Yeah, yeah, baby. Of course.»

 You looked at your watch and slightly panicked.

 «Omo, I have to go, oppa! We will talk for tonight…» you turned to leave.

 «Hey! I don’t have a gift for not touching you, even though I really wanted to?» he whined and you stopped, rolling your eyes.

 «So, what do you want?» you laughed.

 «Hmm.. I don’t know. Something.» he acted cutely.

«It can wait for tonight, can’t it?» you sighed.

«No. Tonight is different. Now I want a praise, too.» he frowned.

 You rolled your eyes again, knowing that what you were doing was dangerous. Your mom could see you any moment.

  However, you couldn’t resist to his cuteness.

  You gently capped his face and, standing on your toes, you kissed him.

  He was about to hug you again, but extended his hands on each side, to ensure that he wasn’t doing it.

  You quickly left him and waved, without saying anything.

  You were too excited and blushed and panicked to say anything.

  Kai smirked and waved back.

  «Thank you for the gift!» he yelled, causing you to smile.

--

 

 

 

«I like this color, Seulki unnie. It isn’t necessary for everything to be pink in Haru’s wardrobe!» you moved a purple bodysuit.

  Seulki looked at it with excitement.

 «Oh, yes, we’re buying that, too! Nice idea, Rina! You like that Haru, don’t you?» she moved the cloth over Haru’s head, who was in the go- cart, that all the EXO boys had given money to buy it.

  Chanyeol’s parents knew now, too, so things were helpful from their side, also.

   Haru, of course, didn’t answer and you both moved on to the next shelf with some beanies and socks.

 «OMG, these things are so cute!» Seulki clapped her hands.

 «Yeah, indeed. Look at that green beanie…»

 «AWWW!» you exclaimed in chorus, making a woman behind you to look at you weirdly.

  You covered your mouths and started laughing.  

  It was very usual to be embarrassed when you and Seulki were out. You were laughing loudly, as Seulki had proved herself a person full of smart humor. That was the reason she was Chanyeol’s girlfriend, after all.

 «We are going out with Kai oppa tonight… Do you want to come with Chanyeol, too?» you asked.

«Oh… I’d like that. But what am I doing with Haru?» she scratched her head.

«Your cousin could take care of her… Minah unnie is OK with Haru isn’t she?»

«Oh, yes, more than OK. You know that she’s taking care of her when I’m at school… That baby stops crying more easily in her hug rather than in mine! And I’m her mom!!» she whined, looking at Hary, pretending to be mad.

  You giggled.

 «So, there’s no problem to leave Haru with her, right?»

«Probably no. I’ll call her later on to ask her.» she winked and you moved to the cash desk, in order to pay for the three things you were buying.

  After paying, you got out and took a deep breath.

 «So, if we’re coming tonight with you guys, I have to wear something awesome. I mean, we haven’t been out with Chanyeol for a reaaaaally long time. I want to awe him.» she bit her lip.

 «Do we have any remaining money? We have bought many things already for Haru, right?» you smiled slyly.

 «Yeah… That’s right.» Seulki joined the sly mood.

 «So, we can buy a dress or something like this for you, huh?»

«Yeah, we probably can! And a nail lacquer!» she jumped with excitement and hugged you.

«You have amazing ideas, you know that, dongsaeng?» she patted your head and you hugged her back.

  That’s exactly what  you were missing when you didn’t have no girlfriends. You couldn’t talk for clothes, for nails, for hair and stuff. It wasn’t your favourite topic, but there were many times you wanted to talk about it. And not only these. About your relationship with Kai, gossip and other stuff. And Seulki not only was appropriate to talk about all these things, but she was a really good person, too.

  You were really happy to have her as a friend.

 

   As you were happily walking, a familiar person passed next to you.  You turned to check her out and you realised it was Victoria and her two followers. They were in the Mall, too.

   You sighed. You weren’t afraid of her anymore. Instead, you had some good feelings for her, since she wasn’t bothering you anymore.

  You patted Seulki’s shoulder and showed Victoria to her.

 «That’s the girl that had been torturing me, unnie.» you puffed, frowning.

 Seulki gasped.

 «Omo, that  girl was in my school. I know her. You were saying Victoria, but I didn’t realise it could be that Victoria… Is she Victoria Chae?»

«Yeah… Yes, Chae is her surname.» you scratched your head.

«Oh, that girl was always mean. She was in our school a couple of years ago.  I don’t blame her for being such a bad character though. Her dad is a rich Korean and her mom is American. They were living in the U.S for many years, until her parents got a divorce. Her mom was a little crazy and decided to live her life after the divorce, so she didn’t want a child to bother her. That’s why she moved back in Korea with her dad, who is a busy business man. She didn’t know Korean very well either. She must have been feeling very bad back then. Anyway, that doesn’t justify her for being so mean with my cute dongsaeng.» she pinched your cheek and kept on walking.

  However, you were feeling already bad.

 You had no idea about Victoria’s past. And you were now realising many things about why she was being like this so often.  Your mom not wanting you… That was terrible!

  You felt pity for her, a thing that you tried to fight. People hate it when others feel pity for them. And you didn’t want to make Victoria angry the next time you were meeting her.

  Instead, you suddenly wanted to approach her differently. She was a hurt soul, after all.

 «Yah, Rina, are you coming?» Seulki pulled you and you followed her quickly.

--

 

 

 

«The girls want us to go out tonight.» Kai said to Chanyeol, after looking at his mobile.

  Chanyeol looked at him interested.

 «Sounds nice. We haven’t been out with Seulki for centuries.»

«So, am I telling them OK?» Kai asked.

 «Yeah, of course. I just hope the others are not whining.»

 «Yeah, that’s a problem. But anyway. We should think every now and then of ourselves only, right?»

  Chanyeol nodded and got up from the sofa.

 «I have to wear something nice. I want to awe Seulki, after such a long time without dates and stuff.»

«You have the time to think of it. They say to meet at around 22:00.»

«Oh, perfect then.»

  Kai got downstairs and prepared a sandwich for himself.

 D.O and Sehun entered the room, too.

 «Do we have anything tonight?» D.O asked.

 «No. Chanyeol and I are going out with Seulki and Rina.»  Kai said as simply as he could.

 «Ah, OK, then. Because I and the maknae wanted to go out, too.»

  Kai turned to look at them.

 «What are you guys up to?» he raised an eyebrow.

 «Nothing important.» D.O hurried to answer, but didn’t manage to close Sehun’s mouth.

«Hyung likes a girl and he wants me to go with him for suppor…» Sehun was saying, until he received a slap on the back of his neck.

 Kai widened his eyes and started laughing.

 «And you picked the maknae? Omo, he doesn’t know how to keep his mouth shut!»

«Anyway, I don’t want to talk about it right now! Bye!» D.O pulled Sehun and disappeared.

  Kai laughed on his own and bit his sandwich.

  If SM wasn’t finding out of any of their secrets, life was expected to be really fun from now on.

 

 

 

 From misschoi: Hi people! ^^ I finally updated! Yay! *throws confetti* Hope you liked our relatively happy chapter~^^ Did you see Kris and Suho in the EMAs? Weren't they fantabulous? ^0^ Thank you for your constant support, guys, you make me happy! Your comments and ideas are always welcomed! Take care 'til next time~ ^^ <3