Like "Birtrhday Killer"

My Dream in Korea

It was a weird feeling to wake up and know that something was completely different.

  And for you, after the unbelievable night of the ball, everything was completely different.

  Kai had asked you to become his girlfriend and you had decided to accept; the promise to Victoria had been kept (not in a completely fair way, to be sincere) so there was no reason to deny your feelings and your sincere wish to be with Kai.

    You smiled, as you were stretching in your bed and took a deep breath. Your chest had been much lighter after all these happened. Yes, you woke up as a really happy girl.

   You washed your face in the bathroom and smiled at your reflection, while you started singing in a low volume. Today, you liked your hair, your eyes were indeed big and beautiful, the same with your lips, your nose wasn’t annoying you at all and you thought that you may have lost a kilo or something; Being wanted by a boy could indeed make someone confident.

   Your mobile vibrated and you looked around you with relief. Sometimes it was fine that your parents were leaving early. Kai’s name appeared on the screen and you hurried to answer.

 «Ne?»

 «Good morning, girlfriend.» Kai’s voice was heard soft and happy.

 «Girlfriend»? Ugh, don’t be so cheesy, you thought, but tried to ignore it.

 «Good morning, Kai! How are you?» you asked with a fairy voice.

 «Kai OPPA is fine. What about Ivy?»

 You giggled with his insisting words.

 «Fine. Getting ready for school.»

 «Will you be ready in ten minutes?»

 «Why ten minutes? We have an hour before school starts!» you protested.

 «But I want to come by and have breakfast with you!» he said, as if saying the most natural thing on earth.

 You gasped. What did he want?

 «What?» you mumbled.

 «What, is it so weird? Or you don’t have enough food for your oppa, too?» he whined.

 «Ani! I just… just didn’t expect you to ask me such thing today!»

 «So, that means I am coming in ten minutes, right?»

  You’re not running away now, anyway, Rina, you thought and sighed.

 «OK, I’ll prepare your 6 dishes and…»

 «I’m not coming with the others; I’m coming A-L-O-N-E.» he said seriously. «Just the two of us.»

 Woah~

 «A-arasso… I’ll be ready.» you answered and hanged up.

 You looked again at your reflection and suddenly panicked. No, no, no! Nothing was fine! Your hair was fussy and dry, your eyes and lips scaringly big as always, your nose was big, too, and who said you lost a kilo?? Instead, you must have gained one or more!

 «That’s a disaster…» you murmured and hurried to get dressed with your school uniform, which -for the first time- you thought that wasn’t flattering you at all.

 You dragged your hair on a bun, to hide their mess but didn’t know what to do with your face. No make-up at school for you; It was your choice, after all. But what else…

  «Ding- dong»

  End of time! Kai was already here!

  You rushed downstairs and were about to open the door, when you thought for a last time.

  «I’m so ugly today! And Kai is so handsome and charming… Ugh… I’ll be a horrible girlfriend.

  The bell rang again and you, drawing your breath, opened up.

  Kai got in and, after leaving his shoes aside, smiled happily and opened his arms for a hug.

  «Oppa is here! Good morning, beautiful girl!» he exclamed and hugged you tightly.

  You hugged him back, having a weird feeling with his ease, while you were feeling like meeting him for the second time or third time only.

  What was wrong with you?

  He patted your head and bowed his a little… God, he was about to kiss you again and you literally panicked.

 You moved your head away and he looked at you with a really puppy look in his eyes.

  «Are you OK, Rina? I only noticed your eyes now… Are you worried for something?» he asked and you gently escaped from his embracement.

 «No… I’m just a little… nervous for the Literature test… Yes, that’s it!» you said, without looking at him.

 «Which will take place in a month’s time?» Kai crossed his arms on his chest and raised his eyebrow.

  «Y-yes…. I can’t see why you wonder about that… You know ‘m an anxious person, don’t you?»

 «Yes, but…»

  You hurried to get in the kitchen and prepare cereal and bread with honey from your home-country. Kai followed you and sat on a chair. He noticed your hands shaking a little and wondered what could have happened within these ten minutes he needed to arrive at your house.

 «She must be nervous I’m here as a boyfriend for the first time… I shouldn’t be too pushy.» he thought and smiled calmly again.

   «You’re pretty today…» he said, but remained seated.

  You looked at him weirdly and put the bowl with the cereal in front of him.

 «I… I don’t think so…» you mumbled and sat on the other side of the table.

  Kai looked at you and widened his eyes.

 «That’s it! Something’s wrong today with you!» he moved his finger and started eating his cereal.

 «Aniyo… I’m fine, Kai. Eat now!» you moved yours, too and started eating the smallest spoons and in the slowest way you could.

--

In class, you were thinking that everyone was looking at you more than usually. Maybe it was the events during the ball to blame… The whole had watched them and had taken place…

 It was so embarrassing…

  You weren’t paying attention to your English teacher; You were biting your nails until they were hurting you and thinking how ugly you were, while Kai was so perfect.

 You didn’t notice the school bell ringing for the first break and remained seated, still biting your nails.

  Your thoughts had absorbed you so much, that you didn’t realize Victoria and her followers remaining in the classroom, too.

  She was looking at you with almost hatred and were hitting her hand on her desk with nervous moves.

  Not holding back herself, she got up abruptly and approached you, hitting her hand this time on your desk. You jumped startled and looked at her seriously.

  «What?» you moved your shoulders.

 «Why are you sitting here and not going to YOUR boyfriend, huh?» she asked ironically.

  «I’ll do as I wish and it’s none of your business»

  She gasped with irony and raised her eyebrows with a really angry look.

  «I really REALLY can’t see why Kai decided to be with you! I mean… You’re ugly, rude, boring and FAT! And he… he is an upcoming idol, a real model and still decided to be with you!! I really wonder if he can see his future with you or he is just playing around! UGH, YOU ALL MAKE ME WANNA PUKE!» she was screaming and kept on hitting her hands on the desk.

   You felt your eyes filling with tears and got up, hitting the desk, too.

 «Your problem is that he didn’t choose you! And that’s all, Victoria! Learn how to behave, girl! Learn to behave!» you said firmly and got out of the class quickly, to hide the fact that you were so upset.

   You ran as fast as possible to hide yourself from anyone in this scary school and ended up at the balcony, behind the school cafeteria; It was a place that no one would choose because of the bad smells and because it was being constantly hit by a weird, cold breeze.

   Sitting down, you finally let your tears roll down on your cheeks and all the sobs that you were holding in were finally released.

  You wouldn’t have got so offended with Victoria’s words, because you were kind of used to them, but -that moment- you were feeling that she was completely right! What did Kai really wanted from you?

  Could it… could it be that he was playing with you, indeed?

  But, no… C’mon… He… he wouldn’t have done so many things to confess, to be with you, he wouldn’t get so jealous every time that Taemin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol or any other guy were around you… Right?

  You drew your breath and whipped your tears.

  «I just have to become prettier and slimmer and everything will be fine then…» you thought and got up, to let the wind disappear the marks of sadness from your face.

  Firstly so happy and now so…. so empty. You could now understand why Led Apple, during their first steps, had released «Birthday Killer»; They said they had created that song for the haters who were spitting poison everywhere for them… So, it was like someone is destroying, «killing» the day of one’s Birthday, a beautiful and happy day that anyone deserves to enjoy… Yes, the situation completely fitted with the song~

--

 «Hey, my pretty chingu! How’s our girl today?»

  Baekhyun was the first to hug you, as soon as you all found yourselves outside from school. However you tried, you couldn’t hide your bitter mood, but EXO boys were too excited to notice it, as things were going extremely well for their debut.

   You smiled and lifted your thumbs up, hugging Baekhyun back. A hand pulled you gently from his hug and you turned to see Kai behind you. A question mark was created in your eyes, but Kai ignored it.

 «You firstly hug Baekhyun?? That’s unacceptable!» he whined and crossed his arms on his chest.

 «Aigoooo, you’re ridiculous, you know that?» Baekhyun pushed him and Kai giggled.

 «I know, but I don’t care much!» he said with a singing voice and hugged you tightly.

 You remained still like a statue and didn’t hug him back.

 «OK, what’s wrong?» Kai asked, after making two more efforts to make you hug him back.

 «Nothing. I just can’t stand such an adorable behavour by you…» you murmured, moving your shoulders.

  Kai seemed really surprised.

 «You girls are weird!» he moved his shoulders, too and turned to go on, but seemed to regret it and looked at you again.

 You accepted his look with a poker face and he returned to you.

  «OK, that means you want me to become… tougher?» he asked, almost with a pleading look, begging for an answer.

  You wanted to laugh, but the bad feeling of the day made that mood to vanish.

   «Ha, that’s it! You want me tougher! So, my first decision as a tough man, is that you’re coming with us, whether you want it or not!» he laughed slyly and- before you could react- he grabbed you in his arms and placed you easily on his shoulder, like a sack.

 You screamed, but he started walking happily.

  «LET ME GO KAIIIII! I’M TOO HEAVY FOR YOU!» you were shouting, causing the people around you to look weirdly at you and the other EXO to giggle unstoppably.

  «Aniya, I’m a tough man now!» he said and made his steps faster.

  «I SAID: LET ME GO!!  I SWEAR THAT IF YOU…»

  «Nananana; Sorry, I can’t hear you!»

   You didn’t manage to escape until he decided to let you down, right in front of your house’s door.

  He pretended rubbing his back and put his tongue out.

 «My girl is eating all of her breakfast…» he joked.

  But, for you, for that day, that wasn’t no joke at all.

  You looked at him with the saddest expression he had ever seen in your eyes and ran in your house, without saying «bye» to anyone.

 «What… what did I say?» Kai wondered aloud and Suho hit him hardly with a book on his head.

 «You know you are one of the stupidest people on this planet named Earth?» he yelled and Kai became pale.

 «WHY??»

 «Because you never comment on a woman’s weight! And especially your girlfriend’s!»

  Kai felt even sadder and bit his lip; It was only a joke!

 «Don’t ever tell such jokes! You know the problem that Rina thinks she has; She thinks that she is a huge girl in contrast with the average Asian girls and you found that joke to tell? Ah, chinja, you’re an idiot!» Baekhyun joined the yelling.

 «I… I didn’t think of it like this…» Kai mumbled and his hands started shaking. «What to do NOW??»

  «Apologise of course!» D.O said and Kai grabbed his mobile.

  «… Ne? Rina? It’s me… Kai oppa. I’m… I’m sorry! I didn’t mean  anything sincerely, I swear! It was just a stupid joke and nothing more! I swear! Will… will you forgive me?»

  Kai gulped saying these words and the others looked at him with a concerned look.

  «T-thank you, Rina. I swear, no other stupid jokes! Yes, we’ll talk… Rina, I lo…»

  Kai looked at his mobile and realised that you had hanged up.

  «At least, she forgave me….» he said saddly and they all started walking.

  D.O pinched Kai and he looked at him weirdly.

 «Mueos, now?»

  «You were about to say… what I think that you were about to say?» D.O asked.

  Kai blushed and rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

  «I don’t understand…»

  «You were about to say «I love you» to Rina?»

  Kai blushed even more.

  «It doesn’t matter now… She wasn’t listening anyway…» he puffed and put his hands in his pockets.

--

  After Kai’s phone call you had sat and studied meticulously all of your homework. You were satisfied that Kai had called you, but- still- that bitter feeling was still inside your heart and mind.

  And you had to change that!

    You wouldn’t break up with Kai for no reason; You liked him too much to do that to yourself. You simply had to make yourself better for him.

   It was already night, when you called the nearby gym to ask about their prices and offers and decided to sign there; a gym and a quick diet would be a good start for your plans.

    That was the moment that your mom arrived at the house and you jumped in her hug happily.

  «Hi mom!»

 «Hi baby! How was you day? You seem very happy today!» your mom smiled, as she was leaving her bag on the couch and her shoes next to the door.

  «I am! I signed at the nearby gym!» you clapped your hands. «Sorry for not asking you first, but I really liked the idea and I thought that you wouldn’t have any problem…»

  «Really? What an excellent idea! You did great, baby! Of course I don’t have any problem and I’m sure that your dad will be happy too to hear it!» she smiled, as she moved in the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

  There, she stood for a moment and looked at the dishes that were set to dry. You wondered silently what she was doing and suddenly gulped; the breakfast plates, bowls, glasses were still there!

  Your mom looked at you with suspicion created in her eyes.

  «Everything is double here… weird that!» she murmured.

  «No…no! It’s not weird! I kept on changing my mind this morning about what to eat and.. and since I made dirty all these, I had to wash them… And, it’s not only that! Some of these are since yesterday…» you mumbled, feeling your cheeks burning and hurried to go upstairs.

  «I don’t remember them since yesterday…» she raised an eyebrow and went on to make the chairs around the table.

    Weird again; She had an persistent sense that she could smell a male perfume in the place…

 

 From misschoi: Hi guys! I’m really sorry for my long absense for one more time, but I just can’t do it more often than this… I’m in a place that Internet connection is rare and that’s why I’m constantly late. Thank you all for being patient and for supporting this piece of work all the time! I’ll do my best! Wait for me and take care til next time~ ^^