Janus

My Dream in Korea

   Baekhyun hugged you in his usual way and called you "baby girl", as he had started doing lately.

  Kai breathed slowly to endure his jealousy. He was determined not to react.

   Suddenly, Taemin appeared out of nowhere and with his sly smile pulled you out of Baekhyun's hug and held you in his. You chuckled and hugged him back.

  Kai's heart and mind were protesting intensely; he tightened his fists to control his anger.

  "Rina, I like you..." Taemin whispered, making you smile.

  When he- with great ease- bent to kiss your lips, Kai didn't manage to remain silent.

   "YAH!"

 

   Kai opened his eyes with terror. His whole body had sweated and his hands were shaking.

   That was a really ty nightmare.

    He sat up and held his forehead, whiping his sweat. His heart was pounding like crazy.

    Jealousy... Jelousy even in his dreams and even for his own cousin!

    "I'm going crazy..." he whispered and got up from his bed; thankfully, D.O hadn't waoken up. Or at least Kai thought so.

     He grabbed his tablet and turned it on, to listen to some music and calm down.

   On Seoul FM, they were playing Boyfriend's "Janus"...

 

      "I may be smiling right now but I’m trying to hold it in
       I’m strongly clutching my two hands
      You’re being deceived when I’m saying that I’m OK
       I am shedding all my tears behind your back"

  

    Janus... That's the ancient greek and roman god with the two faces; a good one and a bad one. And Kai had been behaving like that lately. That song made him feel a complete bastard, because he was doing nothing to protect the girl he liked; he was doing the exact opposite. He was making her feel weak, embarassed and he would make her cry. And it all happened with his immature decision with Victoria.

 

       "Why, why, why are you crying because of me?
     You should always brightly smile, why are you crying?
      Forget me, brush me off and leave in peace
     Don’t you believe me? I don’t want to bring you down"

 

    He gasped and let out a great sob, that was holding in for a long time; his lungs almost hurt him.

   Who could tell him that love would be such a painful torment for him? When did he fall so badly in love for you? He didn't realise neither how nor when.

  

  He whiped some tears and got up and out of the room; he shouldn't wake up D.O. As soon as downstairs, he grabbed a glass of water and headed to sit on the sofa. Sleep wouldn't come easily now, anyway.

  He puffed and sat, his earphones still in their place.

  "Ouch!" was heard.

  God, someone was on the sofa! Kai got up in panic and  a small lamp that was next to him. There was lying Taemin, that seemed to just have woken up.

 "What are you doing here?" Kai shouted surprised.

  "I slept here, as the other SHINee would be with their families, during these days we have spare time... Kai, were you crying, little one?" Taemin asked, a little concerned.

 "It's none of your business..." Kai murmured and sat next to him.

  "What's wrong with you, baby cousin?" Taemin patted Kai's head.

  The dongsaeng didn't speak; he crossed his arms on his chest and whiped again some tears.

  "I'm here to help you, Kai... I thought you were telling me everything and that you would always trust me; we grew up together, every day together, with grandma and grandpa... What has changed?"

  "Yes and they always admired you and only... You were always the dancer, the prodigy who was hired by SM and that would be and actually became a huge star.... I was your always sweaty follower, anyway."

  Taemin laughed.

  "Being older doesn't mean anything. You know you're going to be a huge star soon, too. You managed to get hired by SM, too. And, from my point of view,  you fully deserved it, because you're one of the best dancers that my eyes have ever seen; your moves, your stamina, your sense of the rhythm and most of all your feelings. You feel it, when you're dancing, Kai. And more importantly, you show that you feel it, but not fakely. I can see that music is running through your veins and is moving every part of your body; that's why I love dancing, too. It's obvious that you were made to do what you do. And that's what people say about me, too. I'm not saying that we two are alike, but we have many things in common. That's why I have always been feeling very close to you... our faces are also similar, so it's like God wants it to be like this." he smiled and Kai sniffed his nose, not as mad as he was previously.

  "What do you want now, hyung? I still can't see why you're here and didn't go to see your parents, grandma, grandpa..."

  "Baekhyun asked me to come." Taemin said and waited for reactions.

   Kai gasped and widened his eyes.

  "Baekhyun? What has Baekhyun to do with you?"

  "I don't know... He just told me that he's worried about you and your crazy behavour. And he also told me some weird incidents about a school and that cute foreign girl...that..."

  "It's Rina! Ri-na!" Kai spelled with great nerve.

  "Yes, that's right... Rina." Taemin smiled gently. "Don't get mad at Baekhyun... He's a good friend who cares for you."

  "Ne..." Kai gasped again.

  "So, Kai, will you tell me what's happening inside your pretty head?"

  "Aniyo."

  "C'mon, you may be benefited by that!"

  "How, hyung? Ha, you're not teasing me..." Kai said and did a sassy merhong.

  "You're an idiot, that's the only thing I have to say. But I'll stay here for as long as it is possible, so you are not running away, anyway." Taemin moved his shoulders and lied back on the couch to sleep.

  "I don't care what you're doing, hyung. I'm just warning you that Rina is coming tomorrow, too, and I can't stand the same stupidity of yours like today. We're having a lesson, arasso?"

 

--

 

  "Can you write down your thoughts about that line? Hangeul, of course." Kai asked seriously.

  "Ne, Kai, I know you mean Hangeul! It would be stupid to mean something else!" you giggled and gently slapped his shoulder.

  He smiled and patted your head.

  He seemed very tired.

  "I'll be going now, I have some ironing to do before dad comes home today." you got up and packed your books in your bag.

  "Arasso..."

  "Are you guys doing anything tonight?"

  "Nah, I don't think so. Sehun- yeah, that movie freak- brought another DVD today, so we're probably watching that; at least the two of us. As for the others, I really don't know."

  "You should sleep early, you look really tired." you rubbed his back and got out happily.

  "T-thanks." Kai murmured, blushing. "Wait, who's escorting you up to your house?" he asked, too late however.

 

   "Guys, I'm going now! See you tomorrow, at school!" you sent them kisses and they all pretended grabbing them; all.. it was actually Suho, Sehun and D.O. For Baekhyun and Chanyeol... well, you had no idea, but they wouldn't get offenced that you left; they might not have even been at home then and if they were, they would insist escorting you up to your house and you didn't want to tire them. There was still a dimm sun-light, anyway.

   The cold air hit you right in the face and made you hurry to wear the bonnet that Baekhyun had given to you recently as a gift. Kai was frighteningly calm today, in contrast to how he was the day before... He seemed indeed very tired. And he was cute even when he was tired.

  You cursed yourself for being so easily destracted from you supposed-to-be- angry behavour. But you couldn't; you liked Kai so much and he was trying to be so kind lately that he was making it impossible to get mad at him. Only Taemin's appearance had upset him and you couldn't see the reason. He was a bit provocative, but in a way that boys are usually enjoying it with each other.

  You were about to turn on a wrong road and smiled by yourself with your silliness. You turned back and found the right one, when someone grabbed your arm; the blood literally froze in your veins, as it was already dark.

  "Don't get scared, it's me, Taemin!"

  You made a 180-degree turn and indeed faced a smiling Taemin.

  "Ah, hi!" you bowed and he did the same.

  "Sorry... I scared you... Did I?"

  "Only a little... But, it's ok, since it is you!" you chuckled and he patted your head.

  "Are you in for a walk by the river?" he asked you and you nodded happily; you were feeling secure by his side.

     You quickly found the river and started walking by it, slowly, but delightfully. You didn't care for the cold; it was amazing hanging out with a kind guy like Taemin.

  "You're not a usual girl Rina, aren't you?" he smiled.

  "Ehmm, why?" you blushed.

  "Because... because you don't fangirl at all. Let's say that you are not fangirling with EXO, because you met them now, that they are not still famous stars, but you're not even fangirling with me..."

  "Ne... I know. It's just, I see you guys as humans, not stars. Because that's what you are from that distance!" you joked and showed the distance that was keeping you two apart.

  Taemin laughed.

  "I also know how annoying it can be to have fangrils around you all the time. I saw it with EXO at school, not only once. And I don't want to be the same with these lame creatures... Beyond that, I don't feel like reacting like a fangirl; I just don't." you added, without looking at Taemin.

 "You care for them a lot, huh?"

 You blushed and held your cheeks.

  "The truth is I do. They have done many things for me so far and they still do. They are my only friends and, as my parents are both working long hours, they're a family for me too. I don't know what I would have been doing without them by my side."

  "Have they ever hurt you?" he raised an eyebrow.

    You dropped your head.

  "No... not really. Only..."

  "Only?"

   "Only your cousin has. Sorry, I know I shouldn't say these things to you, but I feel that you won't get mad..." you whispered and Taemin stopped walking, grabbing your hand, to stop you, too.

   "Of course, I won't, if this is the truth. How has he done it?"

  "I suppose you have learnt the whole Victoria story and what she has done to me, if not from Kai, from someone else."

  "Yes, that's true; Baekhyun told me. And I really think that this is a reason to get hurt."

  "Ne, I guess so... But beyond that... Kai is generally bad at me. No, not bad... He's just Janus! Yes, that's the right word. One time good, the other bad. You know the.."

 "Yes, the greek god with the two faces... I do" Taemin smiled and added "Are you getting mad at him?"

  "I intend to, but I never manage to maintain it... I- I kind of have some weakness on that issue..." you blushed again.

   "Is Kai the reason for that?" he asked, raising his eyebrows again.

   You gulped. Should you accept everything or simply not give a straightforward answer?

  "I-I can't get mad to any of them... And Kai isn't an exception... Don't forget that he's tutoring me, right?"

  "Yes, right..." Taemin said thoughtfully..

    "Omo, the time passed! I have to iron!" you exclamed cutely and Taemin giggled.

   "No worries, I'm taking you home, gongju..." he crossed his arm with yours and started walking.

--

  "How late is he going to be? I'm hungry and I want to go to our warm house!" Chanyeol wouldn't stop moving.

  "Be quiet, Yeollie, he is going to be here soon, I'm sure." Baekhyun said and rubbed his arms to warm himself up.

   They were standing at another spot of the Han River for almost one hour. That's why Chanyeol was so impatient and Baekhyun seemed so tired. Besides, no one else from the EXO house knew where were they, so they might soon get worried.

  " Baekhyun... I also want to peeeeee!" Chanyeol protested again and Baekhyun gave him a not- so- weak slap on the cheek.

  " Aigoo, you act like a baby right now!"

  "But I-I..."

  "Did you guys wait a lot?"

  "Hyung!" Baekhyun and Chanyeol said in chorus and ran towards Taemin.

   "Where were you? I want to pee and I'm cold and hungry!" Chanyeol pushed the "play" button on tonight's favourite tape of his whining.

  "Sorry, guys, I escorted Rina up to her house."

  "Rina?" Baekhyun asked.

  "Yes, I met her on a street near your house and had a very interesting talk with her."

  "Is she OK?" Baekhyun asked again.

  "Of course she is."

  "What was the point of the talk?" Chanyeol asked, not leaving his whining tone.

  "All of you guys, but mostly my cousin."

  The dongsaengs giggled and Taemin felt a little surprised.

  "Why are you guys giggling?"

  "What, hyung, haven't you noticed how Kai behaves around Rina?" Chanyeol gasped.

  "What do you mean?"

  "He means that Kai is probably in love with her!" Baekhyun exclamed and started laughing again.

   Taemin was a little shocked, but-still- he asked what he initially wanted to ask with calmness.

  "So, you guys are OK with it? Especially, you Baekhyun."

  "Why shouldn't I be?"

  "Because... because someone had told me that you like her, too, maybe Chanyeol also."

  Baekhyun smiled and rubbed the back of his head.

  "No, not in a meaning of a girlfriend-boyfriend relationship. She's my best friend, concerning girls, and I love her very much, but nothing else. I mean, I'm not in love. At first, I was attracted by her and still believe that she's pretty, but nothing more, to fall in love. The truth is I like another girl, for that kind of relationship...."

  "Yeah, me, too, hyung!" Chanyeol followed. "Rina is the sweetest presence in our house, she's an amazing person and we love her endlessly, but we are in love with other girls, both of us really!"

  "Really...? Guys, today you saved the day, really!" Taemin exclamed with excitement.

  "But why only the two of us?" Baekhyun scratched the back of his head and suddenly widened his eyes. "Don't tell me that..."

  "I'll tell you everything and you'll feel like laughing even more." Taemin moved his head happily. "But do not tell Kai, yet. I know you want to clear things out as soon as possible, but just be patient, because I want to teach him a lesson..."

  "Huh.. what lesson?" Chanyeol murmured, seeming to be lost somewhere in the universe.

  "To trust his friends and talk with them about his problems no matter what..." Taemin grinned.

 

  From misschoi: Hi guys! We're checking in!! ^_^ Long update today, for usual misschoi, at least! :P Hope you enjoyed! Exams are also finishing soon, so I'll probably be updating more~ Yay! Thank you all for subscribing, guys! It makes me really happy ^_^ And don't forget, that your comments are always welcomed! Take care til next time! <3