A new Vic

My Dream in Korea

     That night out was more than fun for all the 4 of you. Chanyeol and Seulki seemed all over in love and excited. As for you and Kai, you were enjoying and sharing their happy mood, but - to be honest- you were feeling a bit awkward, because the couple on the other side of the table was a far more  «experienced» one, resulting in you feeling weird.

 

 «This night is fun so far…» Kai smiled and drank a little from his cola, passing his arm around your shoulders.

  You shivered, but smiled. You were feeling that you were the only so awkward one. After all, you hadn’t been in a date like this before.

 

 «Yeah, pretty much.» you smiled back and rest your head on his shoulder.

 

 His time to shiver, he dared to kiss your forehead, causing sly smiles from the other side of the table.

 

 «Jongin is growing up so fast…» Chanyeol pretended being touched, Kai kicking him under the table and you blushing intensely.

 

 «Guys, are you always so awkward during your dates?» Seulki laughed, pulling Chanyeol ear a little.

 

  You looked at each other with the corner of your eyes and blushed, rubbing the back of your heads at the same time.

«N- no.» you said at the same time again, causing Seulki and Chanyeol to burst into laughter.

 «You have the same reactions, that’s so cute.» Seulki pouted, causing Chanyeol to grab her and kiss her a bit hardly.

  

 You blushed even more and pushed Kai to stop staring.

 

 «Stop staring like this, idiot.» you whispered in his ear, slapping his shoulder.

«I’m not drooling! I just feel awkward!» he whispered intensely back, rubbing again the back of his neck.

 

 You sighed and hugged Kai’s arm. He smiled and caressed your head.

 

  Feeling the temperature rising dangerously for the other couple, you simply buried your head in Kai’s arm and said quietly and simply: «Oppa, maybe we should leave them alone…»

 

 Kai nodded quickly and thought how to put it.

 «Guys, we’re thinking of having a walk alone… Would you mind if we leave a little earlier?» he smiled, after a few seconds of thinking.

 

  Seulki nodded immediately, but Chanyeol smirked in a really sly way.

 «You wanna get lonely?» he said with an idiot tone.

 «None of your business.» Kai put his tongue out and- after leaving money on the table- got up, pulling your hand.

 «Have fun guys!» you sent them kisses and waved cutely, receiving the same amount of love back from your friends.

 

 

 Once out of the cafe you had been hanging out, Kai looked at his watch.

 «We have 1 hour left before your parents’ limit. What do you want us to do?» he asked, pinching your cheek.

  You bit your nail and pretended thinking. You were feeling much relieved now, that you hadn’t to be present during another couple’s private moments.

 «We can simply buy popcorn and sit somewhere close to the river.» you clapped your hands and Kai nodded with a happy smile.

«Sounds nice. Let’s go.» he held your hand in his and you  leaned against him.

  

 

  The air wasn’t cold after a very long time, but the coats and scarves were still necessary, unless you wanted to catch a cold. However, the night was considered a clear one, so several people were walking up and down in the streets and many cafes and restaurants were full. Not to mention the street food sellers, that couldn’t manage to handle all these customers.

  «Really, what did you say to your parents for coming here? I mean, what was the excuse?»

 «Oh, the usual. Going out with Seulki and blah blah. Don’t think they panic. Instead, they like it when I’m going out like a grown up girl. They’re more excited than I am.» you giggled.

 «I wish they really knew what a grown up girl they really have there..» Kai smirked, kissing rapidly your lips.

«Hey!» you pouted and slapped his arm with your free hand.

  Kai laughed and held you tighter.

 «Anyway, Seulki has saved us. She’s the best excuse and you aren’t actually lying to your parents.»

 «The only problem is that my parents, especially my mom, are wondering about Baekja. What happened with Baekja and that it isn’t nice to not call her now, that I have Seulki. I mean, lol.» you rolled your eyes, causing Kai to laugh again.

 «You created this, so you have to find a solution.» he put his tongue out.

 «Easy to say it, babo.»

 «C’mon, it’s not that difficult. Tell them that she moved in another neighbourhood, city, country! I don’t know something like this!»

 «Yeah… That’s not a very bad idea. I have to get rid of Baekja as soon as possible, because- as it is well- known- lies bring more lies. I finish it like this, sooner or later.» you bit your nail again, not looking at Kai.

 

 

 Walking casually along the river, you met a guy that was selling popcorn and bought a medium sized bag.  A bench, that was facing the river, was empty and Kai pulled you and hurried to sit. You followed him and- tripping on a stone- accidentally sat on his lap, feeling already your face burning from embarrassment. 

 «Omo, I’m sorry, oppa…» you mumbled and got up, fixing your skirt, and finally sat next to him.

  Kai laughed with your red face and opened the popcorn bag.

 «You are still so easily embarrassed around me… Aigoo.»

 «Eotokke? It’s not my fault. It comes naturally.» you whined and took three popcorns in your hand, chewing one of them slowly.

«You know, then, that this means we should spend more time together… Huh?» he smirked and you rolled your eyes.

 «It’s my time to say «aigoo», you sly person. Do you think that I have tons of free time?»

«I know that you have time to paint nails with Seulki, go out for shopping or talk with her on the phone for two hours.»

 You threw the remaining in your hand popcorn at him and frowned.

 «You know, this is what girls do with their friends! And if you can’t understand it, makes sense, because you’re a boy!»

 «But… It seems so boring! I mean, I would definitely prefer spending time with you, instead of these.»

«Ugh, Kai, don’t act silly, please. Of course you’d prefer being with me, instead of painting your nails! The opposite would be extremely weird.» you giggled and slapped his arm gently.

  He hugged you and kissed your forehead.

 «Then maybe I should make a wish to the stars for the day to have more than 24 hours, so you can spend more time with me.» he smiled and caressed your hair.

 «That sounds good.» you smiled back and patted his hand around your waist.

  Instinctively, you looked at the sky. However, the lights of Seoul were so bright, that you didn’t manage to distinguish almost any star, beyond a couple of two extremely shiny.

  «No good place for wishes.» you said, causing Kai to look at the sky, too.

 «Ne, that’s right. I guess, we can simply imagine that the sky is full of stars. Because it is. We just can’t see them, right?»

  You nodded quickly and caressed Kai’s cheek. He was so cute when he wanted.

 

 «You know, oppa… I found out that Seulki knows Victoria. And not only knows her, but her whole background story. Which…»

  Kai pressed his finger on your lips.

 «I don’t want to hear about Victoria now. Anything.»

 «But let me finish, Kai! I mean, her background story is pretty sad and I kind of feel close to her because of it. Especially with her difficulty with the Korean language…»

  Kai sighed.

«OK, now I’m curious. BUT! Only because it has something to do with you. Otherwise, I don’t care for Victoria at all.»

--

 

 

 

   Kai had left you on the corner of your street and you hurried to you house.

  Your mood was very light and you were feeling like smiling the whole time. However, you fixed your silly expression with a simply happy one, as soon as you put your key in the locker.

 

 

 Opening the door, you gasped with surprise.

  Your dad was standing behind the door, his arms crossed on his chest. Your mom appeared, too, drying her hands  with a towel.

  You gulped and looked at your dad with a question mark face.

 «H-hi dad… Hi mom…» you mumbled, leaving your shoes next to the door.

  You were about to move in the living room, but your dad held your arm.

 «Do you have any idea what time is it?» he asked.

  Feeling already your forehead sweating, you looked at your watch.

 It was almost an hour later after your parents’ limit. How on earth did that happen?

 «Oh my God, I didn’t realise it!» you exclaimed completely naturally, covering your mouth.

«You didn’t realise it?» your dad raised an eyebrow.

 «I’m so sorry dad! I didn’t do it on purpose! I was just having a good time and didn’t realise it!» you bowed your head and rubbed the back of your neck.

 «You know that we got worried?» he asked you again.

«I understand, but… you could have called me! I’d realise the time limit, too, then…»

«I didn’t call you on purpose, so as to see if you have any time consciousness… It seems like you don’t.»

«But, dad, I haven’t done this again! I’m always in time back here. Have I ever done anything wrong?»

  Your father sighed and your mom patted his shoulder.

 «She’s right, husband. She’s always a good girl, never causing trouble to me and you. No need to do that fuss now.» she smiled and you felt your heart much lighter.

«OK, then. But if you do that again, miss, you’ll be punished for a weekend, huh?» your dad moved his finger and then hugged you.

«Yes, dad, I understand. Thank you.» you said quietly and headed upstairs.

 

 «Did you have a good time?» your mom asked you.

«Yeah, very good. Seulki is so funny.» you smiled.

 «What about Baekja?»

  Omo, here we go again, you thought.

 

You bit your nail a little and then grinned at your mom.

«You know, I didn’t tell you… But, Baekja moved in Busan. Her parents found a job there and they all had to move… No worries, I still have her phone…»

 

--

 

 

 

 You finished the exercises that Mrs Shin had given to you pretty quickly; quicker  than usually for sure.

 These lessons had proved of great help.

  You raised your hand and Mrs. Shin smiled, approaching you to get the exercises.

  The rest of your tiny class (Jaehyo, Victoria and the rest) seemed a little puzzled yet, but you didn’t say anything.

 

  Mrs Shin, however, talked for you.

 

 «Rina, since you’re done, you can offer your help to the others. If the others want to, of course.» she smiled and you got up with hesitance.

  You wanted to head instantly for Victoria, but you held back; she might get furious and you didn’t want that.

 So, the first person you approached was Jaehyo, who accepted your help with great excitement.  He had screwed the first question, so he was kind of panicked, anyway.

«Mrs Shin… Will we be extremely late to finish these? I mean, we have a dance practice with my friends…» Hyunsik rubbed his head.

«No dear! If you’re concentrated, you’ll finish quickly.» Mrs. smiled.

  Hyunsik sighed; this wasn’t probably the answer he wanted to hear.

 «But seongsaengnim! I have a drama rehearsal, too. If I don’t finish that in half an hour, I won’t manage to be there in time!» Victoria whined, too.

 

  Jaehyo looked at you and smiled.

 

  «I got it, Rina, thank you. I think the others need you more than I do now. They’re in a hurry after all.»

«You sure?» you asked him and he nodded quickly.

 

 Feeling a little awkward, you approached Victoria and Hyunsik.

 

  You gave some quick instructions to Hyunsik, who seemed like he had just received a God- given gift, and the turned to Victoria.

 

 She looked at you with a bored face, but not an angry one.

 «Where is your problem?» you asked her, bowing over her paper.

   She sighed, but didn’t protest.

 «Why are you doing this?» she asked.

 «What kind of question is this? I’ve finished and you’re in a hurry. It would be a shame to not help you if I can.» you tried to smile.

 

 Victoria sighed again and offered you the chair next to her.

  You sat, feeling somehow relieved with that reaction.

  «Tell me what you didn’t get.» you said with determination and- unexpectedly- Victoria started talking.

  And she seemed a completely normal person, without her fake aekyo and her hysterical behavior. She was kind of nice and pretty smart.

  

 After 10 minutes, the story was over and Victoria was closing happily her books. Hyunsik and Jaehyo did the same. Your help had been successful.

  «Congratulations children! I’m happy you’re all done. Have fun with the rest of your activities!» Mrs. Shin waved and you all waved back.

 

 

 You were walking next to Victoria, as the two boys started acting stupidly, showing off their dance skills.

 «Idiots.» Victoria laughed, looking at them.

 «They usually act like this. I wonder how they will be when they fully grow up.» you joined the laughter.

  Victoria looked at you and held your hand.

«Rina… I kind of feel the need to… To thank you for your help. And thank you for being nice to me, even though I wasn’t.» she blushed a little, confusing her words.

  You felt kind of shocked with this, but smiled widely.

 «It’s OK, it’s always a pleasure to help people.»

 «Thank you…» she smiled back and you felt a great weight leaving from your arms.

 

 

  Is Victoria being nice for real??

  The truth was that you had never seen her like this before. So, she was probably sincere.

 

 

 You kept on walking next to each other, until you reached the school’s gate. You waved at her and smiled.

 «See ya! Have a good rehearsal!» you said happily and turned to leave, when Victoria grabbed your arm.

 

 «Rina- sshi. I thought of something you told me… I mean… Is Sehun oppa still interested in me?» 

 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi there~ ^^ I updated~ Hurray!! ^0^ Hope you liked~ I want to thank you for your subscriptions, comments and views! Thank you for your endless support! You're the best! Take care 'til next time~ ^^ <3