I don't care...?

My Dream in Korea

    The first day of school you were more than excited. As usually, you ate your breakfast alone and started off with your backpack on your back, hardly holding yourself back from whistling while walking. You were lost in your happy thoughts, when you felt one of your curls being pulled. You stopped and turned, startled enough, and bumped on a guy.

   "Hey, miss, be careful!" he winked; it was Baekhyun!

   "Baekhyun-sshi!" you exclamed and dared to hug him; after all in your country it was Ok to hug people you like, however you may know them.

    Thankfully, he hugged you back.

   "You made it in Bae Arts?? Oh my God, so we're fellow students!" he pointed at his and your uniform.

   "Are you in Bae Arts? I was wondering why you'd said that about Arts High School... Oh, I'm so happy we'll be in the same school!" you pouted with excitement.

   "Kekeke, me too! Oh, sorry, I forgot; that's my friend, fellow EXO memeber and classmate, Kai" he stepped aside, revealing that guy you had already greeted.

  "Anyeonghaseyo, Kai-sshi. We've actually met before, back then, on the day I got accepted."

  "Anyeong, Rina" he bowed and you heard his fresh, somehow manly, voice  for the first time.

  "Ah, so you know each other? Kai is our amazing dancing machine and Rina... well,  she's an adorable foreigner" Baekhyun smiled and you blushed, but Kai kept on walking and you both hurried to join him.

  "I met a guy named Suho along with Kai, back then. Is he an EXO member too?" you asked kindly.

   "Yes, of course! He's our meant-to-be leader, our guardian! You guys met a girl as special as this one and didn't say a single thing? You should have mentioned!" Baekhyun protested, but Kai moved his shoulders with boredom. "Sorry for not appearing again, Rina, but we kept on practising really hard exactly the days I met you... Our stamina reached its limit, it was everyday, literally 24/7 of hard work."

   You smiled and patted his shoulder.

   "It's OK, I've been helping my parents with a lot of stuff, so I was kind of busy, too. I hope that the results of your efforts will be satysfying..."

  "I think they will, but let's keep our fingers crossed to be sure" he chuckled.

  As the school appeared in front of you, you drew your breath from excitement. You noticed Kai looking at you.

   "You have huge eyes and... cherry lips" he commented and with an extended finger he pressed your cheek. "Are you wearing make-up?"

   "Eh? Ah, no, no. I don't wear any make-up, I don't like it" you answered and felt your cheeks going red.

   "Nah, what make-up? That's just her pretty face!" Baekhyun smiled and patted your head.

    Passing the school's gate, a crowd of girls was formed around the two members.

   "People can be really annoying sometimes!" Baekhyun whined, as you were all struggling to avoid the fangirls.

    Before you could realise it, you were pushed away from the boys, left alone, while trying to locate where your locker and classroom were. It was obvious that the other students were ignoring you or didn't notice that you were a new-comer, which actually meant pretty much the same as the first one.

   You finally found the class with the "4B" sign on the door and you picked a desk at the back of the classroom, so as to be as discreet as possible. As your classmates entered the place you felt uncomfortable again, but for no obvious reason; they just looked at you carelessly and then ignored you, as almost everyone. Everyone? Well, not exactly. There were three girls that kept on staring at you and whispering to each other. The supposed-to-be leader of them was probably half-Korean and she was a really pretty girl, but with a y face you couldn't ignore; she seemed to be thinking that she's the best. The other two girls, a dyed-blonde blonde and a dyed- red one, seemed silly, surely the "servants" of the leader. "Tsk, another snobbish queen" you puffed, but gulped when you noticed that they were approaching you.

   "That's Victoria's seat" the short, blond one said with a poker-face.

   "Well, that's anew classroom, there are no arranged seats yet" you smiled coolly.

   The "queen", that Victoria, laughed hironically.

    "If she's telling you that this is my seat, then it's mine" she moved her finger in front of your nose and pushed your backpack from the desk to the floor.

    You got mad and got up abruptly. You were taller than them but Victoria was quite close to your height, maybe thanks to her half-non Korean identity.

   "I don't want to move and that's why I'm not going to do it" you managed to say calmly and sat back down.

    You thought she would explode but that moment the funny lady (from the team of the judges at the autidion) entered the classroom. You tried to remember what subject you had... It was Literature! So, Korean Literature with the funny lady...

   "Hello children! We meet again! Everybody sit down. Oh, Rina, welcome to our school!" she waved at you and you bowed your head. "Introduce yourself, my dear."

   ~ You gulped noisily.

  " Anyeonghaseyo, Rina- imnida" you tried to smile, but most of the children didn't even turn to see you.

   "Thank you, Rina. I'm Mrs Shin, your literature and-until a new drama teacher arrives- I'll be your drama teacher, too" she smiled and started the lesson.

   You felt Victoria's eyes on you many times, nut you didn't even turn to face her. You were both upset and worried, as you realised that Literature wasn't an easy subject for foreigners, even though you knew the language well enough to communicate perfectly. "Here comes multiple trouble..." you thought saddly.

   During the break for lunch, you saw Baekhyun, Kai and another, very tall boy passing in front of your class. They had their backs turned to you and you were about to call their names, but you held yourself back; you didn't want to be the annoying person who sticks with people that may don't like her. You'd hate being involved in such a situation. So, you just shut your mouth and remained to your seat, completely lonely. You didn't have any appetite, anyways and had no idea where you should go for lunch.

   Until the end of the school day, your stomach was growling painfully and you were feeling disappointed, tired and sad. There were no fun-classes for the first day, so it was a bit boring, too.

    You walked quickly and-thankfully- avoided Victoria's extended leg, as soon the last bell rang. You should avoid seeing any of the EXO boys... they couldn't see you being like that, you must have been looking pathetic!

   The light breeze hit your face gently and kind of refreshed you, as you were almost running out of your new school. Someone held your arm. You turned to see Kai; your feet almost melted and you looked at him breathlessly.

   "Rina? Baekhyun has been looking for you the whole day, he didn't know which one is your classroom" he told you.

   "Ah, chinja? I was kind of busy..." you managed to murmure and turned to leave.

    "Are you OK?" he asked you and you moved your head.

    "See you, Kai."

    "See ya!" he smiled for the very first time and your heart kicked you painfully.

   That short conversation with Kai made you feel better, but- still- the whole day was a disappointment; it was making you think that you may had taken a wrong decision. Maybe a school for foreigners wouldn't make you feel that way...

    As tears were running down on your cheeks, Kai's smile popped again in your mind.

   "I don't care for any of these idiots... I have to make it in there!" you thought decisively, tightening your fists, not realising that the only reason that kept  you confident  was a simple image of Kai.

 

  From misschoi: I updated!! Yay! Thank you for your kind comments, they really make me happy and confident!! Keep them coming, really! Not many things to say about this chapter, I save my "strong" ideas for a while later! ;) I pplan an update on Monday, but I don't promise, as it's my B-day then! See ya~ ^_^ <3