The new comers

My Dream in Korea

 Kai started laughing and you looked at him angrily.

 «MUEOS??» you screamed, but his laughter didn’t go out at all.

  Since your relationship started, your lessons with him weren’t the same, not to mention that at first you weren’t doing any lessons at all. The minds of both of you weren’t able to concentrate on this thing called lesson, especially because it had to do with only Kai and you. Instead, at school everything was fine.

 «Stop laughing, you idiot! What did I say?» you said, this time with a whiny tone.

 Kai bit his lips to stop laughing and looked at you with a straight face, even though his eyes were still smiley.

 «That answer was completely… wrong.» he moved his shoulders and started laughing again.

  You grabbed with a quick move his pillow from his bed and started hitting him with it.

 «BABO! Stop laughing! In a week’s time my class is having the literature test and you know who I’m going to blame if everything goes , right?»

 «What? Will it be my fault if you don’t write well?!» Kai tried to protect himself, hiding behind his book.

 «Since you’re laughing with my mistakes, YES!» you yelled and gave him a strong hit, causing the book to leave from his hands and land on his forehead.

 «OUCH!» he exclaimed and hid his head in his hands.

  You crossed your arms on your chest; that was a good punishment for him laughing with your mistakes.

 However, as he wasn’t moving and kept on holding his head, you felt immediately sorry. You approached him and started caressing his head.

 «Kai? Kai, c’mon! Omo, did I hit you a lot? Kai! Tell me something!» you pouted, feeling tears in your eyes.

  For a few seconds nothing happened and you kneeled next to him, to try to look at his face.

 «Kai…» you said, your voice shaky.

 Suddenly two arms grabbed you tightly and you let out a small scream, finding yourself seated on Kai’s knees. He kissed your cheek and held your firmly.

 «My baby got scared that she hit me! Aww~»

 You screamed again and pushed him, trying to escape from his embracement.

 «BABO! Babo, babo, babo! You scared me, you idiot!»

 His arms became tighter around you and he kissed your cheek again. Your resistance steadily vanished and your movements became weaker. How long  could you be mad at Kai, anyway?

  «That was the point of my evil plan! To make you emotionally weak and use this for my own benefit!» he pretended laughing  as a Disney evil and rest his head on your shoulder.

  «And it worked perfectly…» you thought with a sweet smile on your lips.

 You hugged his head with a gentle move and he rubbed his face on your shoulder.

 «Sorry for laughing at your mistakes… I wasn’t doing it with any bad feeling; how could I, after all? We’re going to make it, Rina! No worries, chinja…»

 You held his cheeks, pushing them towards his lips, making them look like a beautiful tiny rose. Without hesitating, you kissed him intensely.

 «You’re so cute when your cheeks are squeezed like that…» you blushed and kissed him again.

  «And you make wanna kiss you uncountable times…» he said and kissed you back.

   The kissing session went on for a couple of minutes, until you stopped Kai.

 «That’s no lesson, I think.» you giggled and Kai joined you.

  «Yeah… you think right. Anyways, baby, I have to leave now.»

 «Leave? Only you?»

 «Nooo, all of us. We’re welcoming our brothers, EXO M, from China. They’re arriving today, so as we can practice together for an amount of time. Wait; didn’t I tell you?» Kai scratched his head.

 «Aniiii! Wow! I want to come too! I want to see them, to meet them! Aw please oppaaa!» you pouted and hugged his neck.

 «No, baby, I can’t take you with us… SM… SM, I mean they don’t know about you and me. And I don’t know if it is the right time for them to find out. Let’s let them think that we’re all singles for now, OK? It would be too risky for a trainee to say to everyone that he has a girlfriend.»

 «But… but I want to meet the others…» you pouted again.

 «You’ll see them here, don’t worry! They have already heard about you, so I’m sure they want to meet you, too. They will definitely come here more than once.» he got up, leaving you on his bed.

  «That means you’ll be busy the next days, right?» you asked sadly.

  «Yes… We’ll even stop school for a while. But that doesn’t mean that I won’t have time for you, right?» he smiled and pinched your cheek.

 «Pff.. arasso. I’ll believe you. Now, off you go. You will all be late. I’m going home to help my mom in cooking and then Mr. Kim in gardening. Have fun with your brothers!» you tried to smile and left him with a kiss on his cheek.

 

  Kai puffed, after the door closed behind you and brushed his hair with his fingers backwards.

  He only could now thought of the consequences of your relationship, concerning SM. They wouldn’t like it at all. And they may be right; a teenager trainee is pretty easy to be too excited with his relationship and to forget his concentration on his practicing and his future job. His future glory. And SM’s future money.

  But Kai knew all these; didn’t he?

  And since he could combine his ambition to succeed as a singer and dancer with SM’s ambition to earn more money, there was no problem with that. Because Kai really wanted to become a pop star. And he really thought he deserved it. He and all of his EXO brothers.

  The door cracked, as it opened and D.O got in the room.

  «Hey, get up! The car is already here! We’re waiting only you and Chanyeol.» he pulled Kai’s hand and made him get up.

  Kai got up and smiled.

  «I’m coming. Rina had already left when they came, right?»

 «Ne, no worries.» 

   They got out of the room and headed towards Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s room. Opening the door, without knocking first, they found Chanyeol looking at his mobile with concerned eyes. Being the kind of guy that is never sad, it was weird to find him with such a look in his big eyes. He was wearing his cap backwards, his ears popping on each side of his head funnily, so- when he turned, to look at the new- comers- he seemed like a sad stuffed doll.

  «Hey, hey, what kind of face is this?» D.O approached him.

  Chanyeol hid his mobile in his pocket and smiled.

  «Chanyeol’s usual face.» he widened his smile and laid his arms on D.O’s and Kai’s shoulder.

 «It is, now. But before a few seconds it wasn’t at all. You seemed really worried or sad, man.» Kai said with a definite tone.

 «No, no, I’m fine.» Chanyeol smiled and started singing.

  To make the doubts vanish…?

  --

 

 

 

   You stirred your dad’s soup and smelled it deeply.

  «It came out tasty, mom.» you smiled and your mom patted your head.

  «You helped, too. Your dad will be very delighted.»

  You smiled widely at your mom and asked her permission to go upstairs to have a bath before lunch.

    As she nodded positively, you were about to move on, when your mobile rang. You hurried to grab it in your hands, as your mom was looking at its direction. What if she was seeing Kai’s name on its screen? That would be a disaster! You looked at it and you saw -with relief- Joonho’s name.

 «Ne, oppa?» you answered happily.

 «Hi there! Where are you, little one? I waited for you today…»

 
«Yes, I know, oppa. But… today it’s one of the Saturdays that my dad will be home, so I’m here helping my mom with the lunch preparation… I won’t come today… Do you mind, Joonho?» you pouted and you heard his giggle.

 «Yes, I mind a lot.»

 You gasped, but you heard him giggling again.

 «Just kidding, little one! Of course I don’t mind! Actually, I only mind for not seeing you. But I’ll try hard to get over it…»

  You laughed and felt your cheeks burning.

 «OK, then… I hope you’ll make it. Thanks for calling me oppa… I send you my kisses.»

 «Bye, princess. And take care of your precious self.»

  You hanged up with a silly smile on your lips; Joonho was always making you feel something warm in your heart.

   «Did I hear the word «oppa» correctly?» your mom asked.

  You blushed even more.

  «Y-yes… Yes, you did. Do you remember what it means, mom?»

 «It means «big brother», but girls usually use it for their boyfriends, right?»

 «Y- yes, that’s right. But- in my case- I use it only as «big brother», OK?»

 «Who’s that big brother of yours then, dear?» she raised an eyebrow.

  «It’s one of the guys at the gym. I mean, he’s a trainer and since he’s only 20 years old, we talk every now and then. We have become kind of friends, you know.»

 «Ah. I see. Is he… handsome?»

 «You can call him so, I guess.» you gulped.

 Your mom smiled, as if she knew something that you didn’t.

 «Does he have a girlfriend?»

 «I… I don’t think so.»

 «Nice. Good luck with it…» she widened her smile and got out of the back door, to hang some clothes at the backyard.

 «No! Mom! I…»

  Pfff~ In vain. She thought that she heard what she wanted to hear. You puffed and headed upstairs.

  That was the kind of behaviour that you wanted to avoid by not telling her about Kai and EXO in general. And if she knew that Kai is your boyfriend, things would be even more annoying and even more stressful for you. If your mom was acting like that with only the suspicion that something was going on with Joonho, imagine what would happen if there was indeed a boyfriend….! And your dad… ugh, his reaction might be even worse than your mom’s. Who really knows…?  

 You prepared your bath and got in, turning on the radio. It was playing Song Ji Eun’s «Going Crazy» with Bang Yong Guk. You dived in your bath tab and let out something that sounded like a deep sigh; you needed to relax.

 

  Kai, your boyfriend, will be extremely busy these days.

 

  Baekhyun, one of your best friends, will be extremely busy, too.

 

   EXO, your second family, they will all be extremely busy.

   They will even be absent from school. They may not be excellent students, but they rarely skipped classes.

 

   And if they’ll be absent… What were you going to do then, at school?

    Throughout these months that you had joined that school, you hadn’t managed to make any other friends. And now, that idea of Baekja seemed more ridiculous than ever. But it was necessary; actually, it had ended up pretty useful, so as to hide the existence of EXO and especially Kai’s.

  What would you do now, at school or at your free time…?

  As for the second part of this question… a potential answer appeared in front of you, with one single face: Joonho’s.

--

 

 

 

 

  Suho bit his nails and looked at Sehun, who was probably the most excited among the EXO K members. His favourite «brother» would arrive among EXO M; the tall and talented vocalist, Luhan.

   Kai was chewing a blue gum intensely, making a bubble- battle with Baekhyun, who was chewing a red gum.

  Chanyeol was simply sitting on a tall bench, which normally must have been used to place suitcases, moving his legs back and forward, like a cute toddler and D.O was popping bubbles on his mobile. They were both a little frowned and especially for Chanyeol, that was pretty weird. He should be taking place in the bubble- battle for sure, too. That would be real Chanyeol. As for D.O, he wasn’t usually as lively as Chanyeol, but he was rarely frowned and so speechless.

  Suho, looked at them, too and decided that he wouldn’t ask anything. Their manager and an SM «boss» were present, too, so it wouldn’t be a good idea to talk about anything too personal.

   «Ugh, were are they? They are already late!» the manager, Hyeonseon, whined.

  «They may be waiting for their luggage. These things can be late, sometimes.» the SM «boss» moved his shoulders, his voice pretty rough and not easily characterised, just like his eyes, which were actually hidden behind a pair of dark black glasses.

   Suddenly, a door opened and a bunch of young men entered the place. What a coincidence; they were dressed quite similarly with the boys that have been waiting in the arrival hall of the Incheon airport. They looked around for a couple of seconds and- their eyes stopping on EXO K- they smiled unconsciously. Slowly walking towards them, they tried to take a serious expression on their faces, after noticing the «boss’s» presence and stopped in front of the people that had been waiting. Standing next to each other, they yelled:

 «Anyeonghaseyo, EXO M imnida!»

   Kai’s bubble gum popped noisily as he and the rest of the boys that had been waiting, got up and stood in front of the new- comers, as if they were looking in a mirror.

 «Anyeonghaseyo, EXO K imnida!» they yelled.

  Without any warning, they all jumped to each other and started hugging. Happy giggles were heard and some words of cuteness.

   The SM «boss» tried to clean his throat.

  «Gentlemen!» he said firmly.

  The twelve boys froze and stopped what they had been doing. They turned, standing next to each other and looked at him seriously.

   «Anyeonghaseyo, WE ARE EXO!» they all shouted, bursting into laughs.

--

 

 

 

 

  «He’s pretending to be too serious, isn’t he?» Luhan commented quietly, looking at the SM boss, who was driving their mini van to SM.

 Sehun moved his head quickly, to confirm his favourite hyung’s words and Suho giggled.

 «I don’t really know why he is acting like this.» he moved his shoulders.

 «He’s trying to scaaaaare us, because we are trainees, right?» Xiumin whispered, with a funny smile on his lips.

  «You do know that I can hear you all, right?» the boss said and the EXO boys gasped a little, but then giggled.

 «We are sorry!» they said in chorus and then returned to their mobiles, tablets or books.

  «Ah, it feels good to be back in Korea. Back in Seoul.» Chen murmured, resting his head next to his open window.

  Xiumin nodded; he and Chen were actually Korean, but they belonged to EXO M. They had gotten used to living in China, but they sometimes missed their real home and their beloved ones, that were living in Korea.

   Xiumin changed seats with Chanyeol, who was sitting next to Chen and came closer to Chen’s window. They were both looking at the surroundings greedily, as if they were trying to «plant» these random images of their home country inside them.

  «We are going to see many Korean things that will remind you of your home, guys. What do you think we’re going to do during our free time, after practice?» Kris said, with his heavy voice sounding a little sleepy.

  «SLEEP!» they all shouted and then started laughing.

 --

 

 

  

 

   SHINee’s «Ring Ding Dong» was playing on a really high tone and Hyeonseon was watching EXO giving everything they had in this practice. The atmosphere in the room was a bit suffocating, as the boys had been there already more than three hours. Big drops of sweat could be seen running down their foreheads and cheeks, making their former cute, but elegant appearance seem like a far away past…

  On the room’s door, Taemin and Minho appeared and smiled, looking at the hard working team.

  «Do not lose your concentration!» Hyeonseon yelled and clapped his hands intensely.

  The high notes were good enough sung by Baekhyun and Luhan, even though a third person would say that Onew and Jonghyun would never be easily «replaced». As for the Minho’s rap part, Chanyeol, Sehun and Kris did their best and Key’s parts, sung mainly by D.O, were satisfying, too. Imitating Taemin would be difficult as nothing else, but Kai and Lay, were something more than two talented dancers; they could dance immaculately. However, they were still missing something that Taemin got naturally: the ease to do the choreography without thinking or counting, free to show the passion that was blooming inside him, every time he was dancing. Anyone could see him, biting his lips or smirking in a really indescribable way. Kai was unconsciously doing that too, but not when he had to learn a choreography and especially at the first steps.

    Suddenly, Kris seemed a little lost and after a couple of seconds it was way too obvious that he had got  completely out of rhythm. Hyeonseon pushed the «Stop» button on the stereo and crossed his arms on his chest. His eyes became a little strict.

  «We’re not doing it for the first time, are we?» he raised an eyebrow.

  «Aniyo, hyung, but we’re tired. It’s been three hours already we’re doing that. Can we now stop??» Suho asked, making his expression as tired as he could.

  Hyeonseon puffed and- noticing Taemin’s and Minho’s presence, too- he nodded.

 «Arasso, then. Start packing your things and we’re leaving EXO M at their dorms..»

  Everyone sighed in relief and headed for their sacks. EXO M hadn’t even managed to leave their suitcases and their other stuff.

 «Let us stay together for a few days, hyung, please.» Sehun pouted and Hyeonseon nodded.

 «I don’t think that the president will have any problem…» he said and left.

  Taemin clapped and Minho soon joined him.

  «Welcome guys! You do great!» he said and came to offer some hugs.

  «Yeap, good job!» Minho exclaimed with his charming voice.

  «Gamsahamnida, SHINee hyungs!» they all bowed and returned to their packing, Minho explaining to Chanyeol and Kris to be careful with their expressions when they rap.

   Taemin approached Kai and patted his back.

  «How are you, cousin?» he smiled.

 «Fine, hyung. A little tired. What about you?» Kai smiled back, still breathing a little huskily.

 «Fine. I think that you’re more than fine, huh?»

 Kai looked at his cousin weirdly.

  «Well, why is that?»

 «Rina called me last week. I was sure that she was calling me to protest about your behaviour that becomes… something more than weird quite often. But, instead, she informed me that you’re actually going steady. And that she’s happy with you. You? Are you happy cousin?»

 «I am for sure. I don’t have this jealousy crisis, that was making me feel sick previously and I feel like I have someone to talk to and…»

 «… And that you can kiss and hug… OK, OK, I got it!» Taemin laughed and Kai blushed a little.

 «But, don’t you think that it would be better not to talk about this issue in here? It would be too risky.»

 «Yeap, maybe you’re right. But don’t be so afraid. We don’t carry cameras or microphones without knowing it and no «Big Brother» is watching us. Many of us have relationships that no one knows about them…» Taemin winked and Kai felt- somehow- relieved.

 «Are you in for pizza, hyung?»

 «No, thank you, my dear cousin… Maybe another time. We’re now working hard on something interesting…» Taemin smirked and pulled Minho fro his arm. «SHINee is back~» they both whispered and left the room, giggling.

--

 

 

 

 

  «We made it! We made it to bring you here!» Sehun clapped.

  His hair was going upwards, still wet of the bath he had previously. Along with Tao, they were playing with the PlayStation a rally game, wearing already their PJs, while Chen and Lay were playing cards. D.O came out of the kitchen with Baekhyun, caring two huge plates of dimples with chicken and noodles. Suho was still having bath and Kris with Xiumin were the last in the line outside of the bathroom. Kai and Luhan were sitting at the dinning table and were silently talking.

   «Is she pretty?» Luhan asked.

  «Who?» Kai looked at him.

  «The girl…» Luhan winked. «That girl, named Rina.»

 Kai blushed.

  «She is…. She is pretty and smart and funny and…»

  Luhan burst into laughs.

  «OK, OK, I see! She is the perfect girl!» he moved his hands.

  «…And she likes Kai. Actually, she likes Kim Jongin. That was what I was about to say. I don’t know if she has distinguished the difference, but for me it’s obvious. She never cared if I would become a popstar or a garbage collector. Because it is outraging to see girls of our age to care for what you are going to become in your future life and how famous you will be or how much money you’re going to earn. It’s simply disgusting.»

 «I know… It feels like you can’t trust almost anyone. But you found someone and that’s really important. I can’t wait to meet her. We’re meeting her, too, aren’t we?»

 «Ne, of course! She wants to meet you, too.»

  Luhan smiled and his cat- like face got brighter.

 «We’re eating! You’ll find nothing!» Xiumin yelled and Kai with Luhan ran in the living room.
  «Hey, hey! Where’s Chanyeol and D.O?» Suho moved his hands to prevent the others from eating.

  Kai scratched his head and Baekhyun joined him.

 «D.O was previously here. He brought the food.» Lay commented.

  «I’ll check it.» Kai said and got up, Suho following him.

    They opened the door of Kai’s room and found D.O looking out of the window with a puppy look. His eyes seemed a little wet and he was biting his nails.

 «Hey, you! We’re eating! You cooked it, you don’t remember?» Kai pushed him and D.O jumped with surprise.

 «Ah, ne… I’m coming…» he murmured and got up, tearing a piece of paper off.

 «And now the… living joke. Where’s he?»

 They looked in Chanyeol’s and Baekhyun’s room , but he wasn’t in there.

 «Weird…» Suho murmured and told D.O to go downstairs.

  Kai was casually looking out of the window, until he noticed Chanyeol sitting under the cherry tree.

 «He’s out there! Under the cherry tree!»

  They rushed downstairs and got out, ignoring the «chomp chomp» sounds that were coming from the others’ mouths in the living room.

   Suho asked Kai to be silent and they half- opened the back door of their kitchen. They saw Chanyeol with his mobile on his ear. And he was frowned again.

  He kept it on his ear for a minute more and then hanged it up, cursing.

 «Damn it, damn it!» he said through greeted teeth.

 Suho showed to Kai to move on and they both got out, causing Chanyeol to look at them a little horrified.

 «OK, what is wrong with you, huh?» Kai rushed towards him and helped him to get  up.

 He was wearing no jacket, so he was shaking a little.

 «Nothing! Chinja! I’m just tired…» he moved his hands.

 «Are you waiting any phone call? Important phone call?» Suho asked.

 «No, no! I was just calling… my mom! She had asked me to call her tonight, but she isn’t answering. It’s OK, they might be out with appa. I’ll call them tomorrow again.» he smiled widely and pulled his friends inside.

 

 «What is wrong with this guy?» Kai thought and sitting next to D.O in the living room to eat, he added: «And with this guy…»

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  From misschoi: Hi guys! I’m back! I’m finally back and I promise that I won’t be that late again! :P Holidays are almost over, so I’ll be back home soon and back to my baby, my permanent internet connection! ToT So, no more late again! Hope you liked this update! Thanks for your support that it never ends! I couldn’t have better subscribers! *bows deeply* Your comments and ideas are always welcomed~ ^^ Take care til next time! <3