Thunderstorm

My Dream in Korea

 The doorbell of the EXO house rang repeatedly. Suho got up from the sofa, where he had been taking a nap and- rubbing his eyes- he opened the door, sure that it is either you or Seulki with Haru.

  However, a surprise awaited him there.

 Their manager, Hyeonseon, and one of their other trainers were standing in front of him. He rubbed his eyes one last time and tried to look at them more clearly.

 «Hyungs…? What is going on?» he yawned.

«We passed by to see you, guys. Is there a problem with this?» Hyeonseon said and- without waiting- got in, the trainer following him.

«Hey… Easy! Everybody is sleeping right now… We’re tired.» Suho held the manager’s arm, but he didn’t stop.

 

 They took a look around the living room, where no one else actually was and then headed upstairs. They first opened the door of Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s room; The one reading a book on his bed and the other sleeping with his mouth wide open.  Baekhyun gasped, as soon as they got in, and looked at them with a really «wtf» expression .

  They, without saying anything, moved to the next room, where they only found D.O, who was half- asleep. He jumped from his sleep and looked at them weirdly.

«Huh?» he managed to murmur, before the invaders rapidly left.

  They ended up in Suho’s and Sehun’s  room, where they only found Kai playing with his mobile. He lifted his eyes slowly and raised an eyebrow, after seeing the manager and the trainer.

 «Where’s the maknae?» Hyeonseon asked and looked at Suho suspiciously.

«How should I know? I was just sleeping downstairs! But what is your prob…»

«He’s in the bathroom? Is that so bad? We aren’t allowed to go to the bathroom?» Kai cut off Suho’s protesting, looking at the manager straight to the eyes.

  Hyeonseon stared at Kai for a while and then sighed.

 Sehun appeared behind all these people and seemed puzzled with all this fuss.

«What are all of you doing here?» he passed among them and jumped on the bed, next to Kai, looking at the game that he was playing in the mobile.

«Nothing. Just checking you, guys.» Hyeonseon moved his shoulders and as rapidly as he had come, he disappeared with the trainer.

 

 Suho had remained with his mouth half- opened and Baekhyun, that entered the same room as Kai and Sehun, pushed the leader’s jaw to close it.

«An insect could get in…» he murmured and joined Kai and Sehun.

«Did you get what the was that?» Suho snapped out of his oblivion and turned to the three members.

«Checking us.» Kai said without lifting his eyes from his game.

«Daaah! I mean, it couldn’t be more obvious.» Sehun added.

 Suho growled and did a circle around himself.

«What’s that now? No privacy at all?» he whined.

«They do that to trainees… Taemin hyung has told me about it. They are always worried that we might do things that aren’t allowed to trainees…» Kai said again, as if saying the simplest thing on earth. «Such as girls…»

«…Alcohol…» Baekhyun moved his finger.

«… And girls.» Sehun concluded, rolling his eyes.

  Suho sighed, brushing his hair with his hand.

 «You are lucky Kai and Chanyeol… Really lucky.» he puffed and sat next to the rest of the gang, Sehun’s bed being more crowded than ever.

«Don’t mention us as something different. We’ve talked about that and we said that our lives beyond work don’t exist for anyone else apart from the six of us and the persons involved.» Kai looked at Suho with meaningful eyes. «This visit had to do with work. So, Chanyeol and I… why are we different?»

 

 Suho nodded slowly and lied back.

 

 It’s really cruel to wake you up in the middle of your nice nap, just to check if you don’t have any girl around. Something that would be completely normal for your age. But that’s the sacrifice of an idol’s life.

 

«Everything can become so complicated with all these lies and secrets and blah blah…» Baekhyun bit his nail.

«I know… But we can’t do otherwise.» Kai said firmly, leaving his mobile aside.

  They all lied back on the bed and looked thoughtfully at the ceiling.

 

«Guys… what happened?» D.O’s sleepy voice was heard, bringing giggles to the company.

--

 

 

  

 «I can’t believe that they did that to you! It was such an obvious check that everything is as they wanted to be…» you moved your hands intensely.

  Baekhyun smiled with your nerves and held your hands. He slowly dragged you in his hug and embraced you tightly.

«It’s OK… I think we should have expected that earlier.»

«But it’s so unfair for your personal life!» you murmured, still angry with what Baekhyun and Sehun had narrated to you.

«Idols don’t have a personal life…» Sehun moved his head slowly, without looking at you. He then smirked. «At least, not a secret one…»

  You laughed with his sly face and slapped his arm.

«Was that for me and Kai?» you put your tongue out.

«You’re not alone anymore in this case…» Baekhyun giggled, pointing at Chanyeol, Kai and Suho, who were coming from the cafeteria, holding a cup of hot tea each.

 D.O was nowhere to be seen.

 «School is so boring today…» Chanyeol was whining, as they were approaching you and your two fellows.

«For you, it is always boring!» Baekhyun rolled his eyes, receiving a slight slap on the back of his neck from his best friend.

«Yah!» he rubbed the spot that had been hit and you hurried to caress him.

  Kai looked at you and his mouth and eyebrows frowned intensely.

«Yah you, not Chanyeol! I’ve told you guys that I can’t stand seeing you hugging each other!» he exclaimed and pulled you from Baekhyun’s hug.

«Aigoo… I can’t stand you when you act like this!» you yelled back, while you weren’t actually really mad.

«Guys… Don’t fight again. With you, I don’t really understand how easily a fight can start!» Suho passed his arm around you protectively, warning you, however, not to go on with the argument.

«Where’s Kyungsoo?» Chanyeol scratched his head.

«He went to the restroom. A while ago.» Sehun said with boredom, chewing a bite of his sandwich.

  You saw Victoria at the end of the hall and she looked at you with a sincere smile. You smiled back and slightly waved. Kai followed your look and saw that Victoria was the person that you were being so kind with. He frowned again and held your arm.

«Yah… Why are you being so friendly with her?» he said quietly, but firmly.

«She’s not that bad, Kai…» you smiled again, without looking at him.

«She’s not that bad? I wonder what you would say if she hadn’t done all these things to you… Would you be in love with her?» he raised the tone of his voice.

  You finally looked at him, in the most disheartening way you could.

«Very funny.» you said coldly and turned your back at him, hugging again Baekhyun.

  Kai sighed, so as not to shout with anger. He was already a little upset with that stupid «check» that had taken place in their dorm the previous days. Now, because he didn’t manage to control his jealousy again, he created a cold atmosphere between him and you. So, he was feeling even angrier than before. He congratulated himself silently and sat far from the rest of the company. Finally, D.O appeared and Suho offered him the orange juice he had gotten for him.

 «What’s wrong with him? Did he get detention?» D.O asked, showing Kai.

«Kind of.» Baekhyun giggled and kissed your forehead.

  You saw Victoria coming closer to your company and you were surprised to notice how humble she looked today. Not too much make- up, not too much glamorous clothes and accessories… She probably thought of what you two had discussed a few days ago.

 

 

 

 *Flashback*

 

«Rina- sshi. I thought of something you told me… I mean… Is Sehun oppa still interested in me?»

  You looked at Victoria, trying to control your surprised expression.

«M- Moweyo?» you mumbled.

«I was just wondering… If Sehun oppa still wants me as you had told me a really long time ago.» she scratched her head and then grinned.

  You thought for a few seconds how to put it and planned your words.

 This was your chance to make Sehun happy, after all.

 

«You think he doesn’t?» you asked and smiled kindly.

 She blushed and nodded slowly.

«I can assure you that his feelings are just the same.» you nodded, too and held her hand. «The point is your feelings… Because, Victoria, if you don’t like him… You both are going to be hurt.»

 Victoria smiled and patted my hand.

 Then, she looked away.

 «All this time… Every morning that we are entering our classroom, I find a post- it piece of paper stuck on my desk, a sweet lyric written on it. Different, every single day. And, you know, there is Sehun’s name under it.» she said, smiling unconsciously.

  Your jaw dropped. Since when Sehun had become so romantic?

  And why he hadn’t mentioned anything to anyone about doing this stuff?

 But that wasn’t the point of the moment, after all.

 «Are you telling me this to make me realise that you like Sehun, too, without saying it clearly?» you raised an eyebrow.

 «You can… You can say so.» she nodded slowly. «It’s the first time that someone is treating me like this. And… I’m not heartless. I like it. And I want to give Sehun oppa a chance.»

 You smiled, feeling happiness and excitement.

 That was a good chance, not only for Sehun’s happiness, but for Victoria’s, too.

«Well, that’s perfect, then! Go for it! Ask him to go on a date! I can assure you that he will pee his pants…» you laughed, but Victoria didn’t.

«You don’t understand… I want him to fall for me to the full. I want to do whatever it takes to be the perfect girl for him…» she blushed again.

  It was so weird to have a conversation like this with your used- to- be biggest enemy.

«And you want me to give you advice?» you gasped.

«Yes, please… I think you know all of them better than anyone else in this school…»

 You bit your nail and thought for a second.

«You know, Victoria… Sehun liked you just the way you have been all this time. However… I think that you should be… Hmmm, let’s say simpler concerning your appearance. Not too much make- up, not too provoking clothes, such stuff. Otherwise… I think that Sehun liked your strong character.»

«I’m not that strong…» she smiled sadly, but didn’t look at you. «But, it’s OK, I understand. I promise to work on it. You’ll see. Thank you, Rina- sshi! And- please… Not a single word to him for now… Please?» she pouted and I patted her head.

«Of course! No worries from me!» you smiled, making  a «V» sign with your fingers.

 

*End of Flashback*

 

Since you noticed her approaching your company alone, you realised that she was probably feeling ready. That’s when you moved, too.

 

 «Hey, Victoria! How are you?» you walked towards her and hugged her.

  You felt your friends getting tensed by the image. Their reaction would probably be just like Kai’s. But you were prepared.

«F- fine… You?» she mumbled, blushing already.

«Let’s say fine. Come here, with us.» you smiled and pulled her from her hand.

  Automatically, Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and D.O became suspicious. They looked at you and her, obviously wondering what is going on.

 Sehun, instead, looked excited.

 

«H- hi, guys…» she waved shyly, causing a gasp to the whole companion.

  It was the first time that they were seeing Victoria being shy and that she didn’t actually call all of them «oppas».

«Hi…» they said back, with hesitance.

  Sehun, however, didn’ hold back.

«You look so cute today!» he exclaimed and gently held her hand, causing her cheeks to become even more red.

«T- thank you, Sehun oppa…» she murmured, Sehun grinning like an idiot from his excitement.

  You turned to the rest of your friends and they looked at you weirdly. Even Kai had gotten up from his «detention» and was looking at the whole scene.

«I’m doing it for good… She’s not the Victoria you knew…» you whispered.

«I’m not so sure about that, Rin…» Baekhyun moved his head.

  Suddenly, a growling sound was heard. Victoria held her stomach and blushed.

«I’m so sorry… I haven’t eaten anything at all today…» she bowed her head shyly.

«Really? Omo, you should eat! You’re unlucky, I just ate my sandwich… But, c’mon, I’ll buy you something else from the cafeteria…» Sehun smiled and passed his arm around her shoulders.

  She had a panicked look in her eyes that made her even cuter.

«Aniyo, oppa, aniyo! There’s no reason! I can buy something by myself!» she moved her hands.

«Nah- ah… I can’t hear youuu! Let’s go!» Sehun chuckled and pulled her to the cafeteria.

 

 You breathed with relief. Everything seemed fine. You smiled at your friends.

«So…?» you raised an eyebrow.

«OK… She seems different. As if she isn’t Victoria. I hope you’re right, Rina, because I haven’t seen Sehun smiling so much.» Suho said and drank his tea slowly.

 

 

  Kai stood next to you, waiting for your attention. You were too busy, however, talking with Chanyeol and D.O about your Drama class, that you didn’t even realise him standing there.

  He frowned and crossed his arms on his chest. That wasn’t fair.

  He came even closer to you, his arm touching yours. He was about to move further and hug you, when a passing by child accidentally pushed him, causing him to push you, too.

 You looked at him angrily.

«Yah, be careful, oppa!» you exclaimed, supporting yourself on Chanyeol, so as not to fall down.

 

 Kai rolled his eyes. This probably wasn’t his day.

 

--

 

 

 

 You stopped the machine, on which you were running and wiped the sweat from your forehead with your towel. Your breath was still husky, because of the jogging, so you simply waved at Joonho, who was slowly approaching you, smiling.

  You hadn’t been in the gym for a week now and Joonho hadn’t called you, but once, so you two hadn’t talked at all. You usually forgot to call him, anyway. Especially when Kai was around.

 «Joon… Joonho oppa…» you managed to say, trying to control your breath.

«It’s OK, I can wait for you to greet me!» he smiled, patting your head.

 A minute later you had completely recovered from your weakness and smiled cutely at him.

«Hi oppa!» you waved with both of your hands.

«Hi pretty girl.» he waved back, caressing your hair.

«I have to apologise for not visiting you, oppa, these late days. I just…»

«You were just spending time with your boyfriend, huh?» he said, without looking at you.

 You blushed, but managed to smile and nodded slowly.

«Yes… Kai oppa had a lot of spare time lately and I was very thankful for it, so I spent a lot of time with him…» you rubbed the back of your head.  

  Joonho smiled again and wiped a drop of sweat that was running from your temple down to your cheek.

«I… I understand.» he said after a long pause.

  However, you realised it from his expression that he was a little sad. And you- as usually- felt guilty, being a disloyal friend to him, who was always eager and excited to meet you and talk with you.

«Oppa… Do you want to go out for a milkshake with me?» you pouted and he looked at you with a startled look, his smile brightening his face instantly.

 «Sure! Eonje?» he asked happily.

  You thought of your today’s program and assured that you had nothing else to do, already done with your homework.

  Kai’s image flashed in your mind. He would probably call you and ask you what are you doing and where you are. And that made you nervous.

  Even though he had promised not to act jealous again, you knew that he would go crazy if he was finding out about you going out with Joonho. He was doing so even with his own friends, just like Baekhyun and the rest.

   So, he wasn’t sticking to his promise that he won’t be jealous. And you got madder at him, realising this and remembering his behavior this morning, when you were hugging Baekhyun. You frowned and held Joonho’s hand.

 «What about now? I can go and change and I’ll be ready… Unless you have work here…» you played with your hair.

«No! I mean, I have 10 minutes left, but as soon as as you are ready, I’ll be done, too.» he hurried to comfort you and patted your head.

«Daebak, then! I’m going to change clothes and I’ll meet you at the entrance, OK?»

 

  You hurried to have a shower and to wear the dry clothes you were carrying with you in your bag. When you were about to go out of the dressing room, your mobile rang, making your blood freeze in your veins. Did Kai already know??

 

 

You breathed with great relief, finding out that it was simply Seulki.

 

 

 

«Here you have your vanilla flavored milkshake, miss.» Joonho grinned, offering you your plastic, long cup.

«Thank you, Joonho.» you pouted and he pinched your cheek.

«So, my fair lady… Anything new in your life?» he asked you, pulling you to sit next to him on a bench.

 You moved your head negatively.

«No… Not really, oppa… It’s just… Things turn tighter in EXO’s life. Their manager and a trainer did a rapid control in their dorm, a few days ago. To find out if there’s anything suspicious. I just get so angry that they can’t have a personal life. You know, it’s no fun to be someone’s secret…» you sighed, but Joonho laughed.

 

«That sounded so cute; to be someone’s secret. I bet you are his sweetest secret.» he rest his arm on your shoulders, causing you to blush.

 

«Omo… No, oppa, even like this, I’m a secret and I don’t like it.» you patted his hand with a thoughtful expression.

«But he is a secret from your parents, too, isn’t he?»

 

You widened your eyes, realising that.

«Aish, chinja, you’re right! I hadn’t ever thought of this…» you bit your nail.

«See?» he smiled.

«Yeah… Ugh, I should have realised that earlier… His life is much more difficult than mine… If I- his secret- was revealed… he could lose his job and the chance to fulfill his dream or me… Instead, if my secret- him- is revealed… My parents would be simply annoying. OK, extremely annoying buy nothing else. Omo... Now I want to hug him and tell him that I fully understand him… Oh…» you looked for your mobile to call Kai, feeling about to cry.

 

 Joonho stopped you gently, though.

«This can wait a little, can’t it? I mean, since we have the chance, we should enjoy this evening… You can hug me instead, at least for now, huh?» he opened his arms and smiled.

 

You giggled and slapped his shoulder.

 «Aigoo, oppa…» you said, drinking a little from your milkshake.

 

You made a last effort to look for your mobile, but Joonho, still with opened arms, embraced you tightly.

 

  Heeere we go again with the weird feeling, you thought, hesitantly hugging him back.

 

--

 

 

 

«Yah… I can’t stand them being so lovey dovey all the time. It feels weird to see Victoria like this…» Suho scratched his head awkwardly.

  You slapped his arm.

«Oh, c’mon, oppa… Aren’t they cute?» you whispered in his ear, giggling and discreetly pointing at Sehun and Victoria, who were standing a few meters away from EXO and you, in the school yard.

«Yes… They are… I just wonder for how long things will be like this between them… I mean… Victoria is just so… bossy and pushy. Ugh, I don’t know.» he moved his shoulders.

«Let’s just leave them do as they wish. If anything happens, it will only be Sehun’s fault then, not ours for sure.» Baekhyun winked and drank a little of his tea.

  You slowly and hesitantly looked at Kai. He wasn’t very talkative the whole morning.

  It was probably because you hadn’t «made up» from last time’s mini fight.

  You gently patted his shoulder and he looked at you with a really cold expression.

«Mwo?» he said emotionlessly.

«Oppa… Can we talk…? Huh?» you pushed his cheek with your finger, but he moved away.

«Not now, of course.» he said, without looking at you.

«But… wae?» you pouted and tried to hug him, but he pushed you, gently though, away.

 You knew you had been hard on him and you were doing it pretty often, but he was constantly being jealous. And you couldn’t stand that.

 Sighing, you frowned and simply sat next to him. But pretty close to him.

  Having an idea in your mind, you hugged his arm.

  Strangely, he didn’t move away.

  «Seulki told me. About that Joonho jerk.» he said with a straight face, making you gasp.

 «M-mwo? Really?» you said, feeling a little betrayed.

«It’s not her fault, though. I insisted on asking her, until she told me.»

  You felt sweating, but gathered your courage.

«I am sincere to you. Always. But when it comes to Joonho… I am just afraid that you will get furious. Look oppa… We are just friends hanging out. I swear! I lied to you because I was afraid of your reaction… I swear, oppa…» you said quietly, but with your eye still on him.

  Kai didn’t move at first, then moved slightly his shoulders.

 You felt your eyes wet… Why was he acting like that?

 

 Your hands slowly slid away from his arm.

 

Suddenly, a girl appeared in front of you. She literally jumped out of nowhere.

  She was a bit frowned and was looking around her nervously.

«H- hey… Can I ask you a huge favor?» she looked at you and you raised an eyebrow.

«What is it?» you asked.

«Look, can you borrow me your…  your boyfriend?» she pointed at Kai, blushing.

«WHAT??» you gasped and got up from your seat.

«Oh, no, don’t get upset… I will explain… Really…» she started mumbling.

Kai got up, too, smirking.

«What is going on?» he asked.

«That’s what I’m wondering about, too.» you crossed your arms on your chest.

«Look… A bunch of girls that I knew since elementary school… I mean, I met them again after so many years and they were so mean to me back then… They are now so beautiful and successful… They acted good to me and want us to go out… They will bring their boyfriends, too. But… I… beyond being the way I am… And that means completely lame… I don’t have a boyfriend also.» the girl sighed with sadness and rubbed her neck akwardly. «I just thought of Kim Jongin… because he would be the perfect boyfriend… And these girls would shut up forever.»

 

Kai smirked again.

 

You felt sorry for the girl… But you couldn’t allow to Kai to do that. It would be you to be extremely jealous.

 

«Look… I understand, dear…»

 

«Yura. My name is Kim Yura.» she bowed her head.

 

«Yura. Yes. I understand, Yura- sshi, but I… I just… Why don’t you ask Baekhyun oppa… I can tell him, if you want to…»

 

«I can do it.» Kai said with his previous straight face.

 

You let out a small scream and the tears finally appeared in your eyes.

 

« you, Jongin! you!» you murmured sadly and left, running.

 

Kai was about to run behind you, but Baekhyun held him back.

 

«Why are you being so stupid every now and then?» he asked and Kai just bowed his head.

  Baekhyun turned to the girl.

«Yura- sshi… I’m Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun. And… really.  I can be your date for that special occasion… I really can.»

 

--

 

 

«Rina…? What is going on, baby? Were you crying?» your mom patted your head.

«No… I was just listening to some touching music…» you lied, getting up from your bed. «Is anything wrong?»

«Look, dear… Your dad was informed today that this weekend he will have to attend a congress in Jeju island. There will be other European executives, too. The surprising thing is that my magazine is sending me also there to cover a fashion show that is going to take place in the same hotel as your father’s congress… Tomorrow, Saturday, we are leaving in the morning. Will you prepare your stuff?»

  You bit your lip. You had no mood to go on any trip.

 No mood at all.

«Mom… I don’t want to come.» you simply said.

«But, dear… You can’t be on your own for 2 days here and- beside this- you haven’t seen Jeju until now.»

 You sighed and thought for a second.

 

You couldn’t count on EXO this time; you simply couldn’t, because of Kai.

 

Seulki flashed in your mind.

 

«I can ask Seulki to come and stay with me, along with her cousin, Minah. It will be like a party!» you faked a smile and clapped your hands.

 

Your mom raised an eyebrow.

 

«Do you think that she will be available?»

«Of course! Seulki is always available for me!’ you chuckled and got your phone.

 You dialed Seulki’s number with quick moves, while your mom was looking at you.

«Ne? Hi unnie… How are you? How’s Haru? Kiss her for me. Yeah… Look, Seulki, mom and dad will be at Jeju this weekend… Would you like to come here and spend the Saturday night with me? It’s going to be like a pyjama party, huh? Oh.. that sounds perfect! Thank you, unnie! Yeah, OK… We will talk again. Kiss you!»

 

 You hanged up and breathed with relief.

 

 Seulki was excited with the idea.

 

 

«She’s in.» you said to your mom and your mom nodded.

«But… promise me that you will be extremely careful, sweetie, OK?» she patted your head and then hugged you.

 

--

 

 

 

«How it feels to be without parents?» Seulki laughed, leaving Haru in your hug, while Minah- her cousin- headed for the kitchen to leave some shopping bags.

«Fine, I guess.» you said weakly and hugged Haru tightly.

 Your parents had left an hour ago, after telling you thousands of advices so as you are not in danger. To lock the doors and the windows, to be vareful with the oven and the electricity board, to open the windows every morning for the fresh air to get in your house and blah blah. As if they wouldn’t be back on Sunday night.

 

Seulki frowned and caressed your head.

 

«Hey, hey. What is wrong with that face?» she asked.

«No- nothing…» you said simply, but tears started running down on your cheeks.

«Yah, Rina! What is wrong?» Seulki, really worried, made you sit on the sofa and sat next to you.

«Kai was mad about me and Joonho oppa…» you cried.

 

Seulki bit her lip.

 

«That’s my fault… I’m so sorry, chingu…»

«Aniyo! It’s not your fault! I should have told him the truth in first place and not avoid it… And then that girl came and…» you stopped, a sob choking you.

  Seulki hugged you carefully, as you were still holding Haru.

«Are you talking about that Yura…? She’s going to that date of hers with Baekhyun. I heard Chanyeol and him talking about it…»

 

You widened your eyes.

 

«But… but Kai said he was eager to do it… Because she asked me to «borrow» Kai to her, at least at first.» you sniffed your nose.

 

Seulki rolled her eyes.

 

«That Jongin can be so stupid. And that girl… What a crazy request was this?!»

«It’s not her fault! It’s all Kai’s fault… Since he wasn’t really thinking of doing it, he simply said it to hurt me!» you yelled, causing Haru to whine a little.

  Minah appeared from the kitchen and took Haru from your arms.

«You don’t get it, sweetie, but you will soon. Boys are the biggest egoists in the whole planet. You did something without telling/ asking him? Even though it wasn’t something bad… He will do something without telling or asking you, too. And he will even look at you, as if saying «See? SEE?». There’s no need to get sad, dear.» she said and joined your company.

  You dropped your head sadly.

«Beyond being a boy… Kai is a selfish person by nature. I think that this is why he is so jealous, so often.»

«Obviously! But, dear, no need to be sad! I’ll be here to cheer you up!» Seulki said happily and lifted your head, pulling the corners of your lips to make you smile.

 --

 

 

 

 With the girls’ company, you didn’t realise when and how the time passed.

  Mina with Haru left before it became dark outside, since you didn’t want Haru to miss her tiny bed and the comforts of Seulki’s and Minah’s house. Seulki, however, was extremely cheerful.

 

«You don’t smile enough! Smile!» she was jumping next to you.

  You rolled your eyes and tried to smile.

  The morning dialogue had made you realise that it would be difficult for Kai to stop being jealous. And you could bear up with it. You had already thought of it. You two would be fighting often, but since you would be happy, you wouldn’t care.

  What was causing pain to you was the fact that Kai had only agreed that moment, just to make you hurt. Just to make you jealous, too.

 

 

He doesn’t care for me, you were thinking, feeling your chest heavy again.

 

 When the sun set, Seulki called you in the kitchen to finish the cooking together.

 

«Will you finally be a little happy, baby girl?» she asked, placing her hands on her waist, acting angry.

«I’m trying, unnie…» you sighed and stirred the noodle soup that was boiling.

«Ugh… You really are something, aren’t you?» she sighed, too, pinching your cheek. «I didn’t know you were so badly in love!» she put her tongue out.

 You simply growled and turned to hug her.

 

She hugged you back.

 

 «Everything will be fine, sweetie, listen to unnie.» she said, with a really calming voice.

 

 

 After eating your dinner, you were definitely feeling calmer.

 

 A movie you liked was on TV and you sincerely smiled for the very first time today.

 

Seulki was laughing loudly, when her mobile rang.

 

«Ne? Hey, baby. Hmm? Ah, yeah, I’m with Rina. Ani, I’m staying here. Yeah. What?»

 

Seulki paused and looked at you, your whole attention still on TV.

 

«Sounds nice… I’m in, but I have to make sure that Rina will be fine with it. Otherwise, I can’t leave her on her own. Yay. OK, baby. I’ll call you. I love you, too.»

 

 She hanged up and looked at you again. A plan had started forming in her mind.

 

«Rina… It was Chanyeol. He’s sending you kisses.»

 

 You smiled.

 

«Aw, thanks! You should tell him back, to my sweet Virus.» you chuckled.

«Yeah… Rin… He told me that he has this evening spare and I…»

 

Your smile slowly faded, but you held yourself back.

 

«You?» you asked.

«He asked me if I want to go out with him…» she blushed a little.

«Do you want to go?» you asked with a quiet tone.

«I don’t want to leave our small party… but I don’t know when he will be able again…» she pouted.

  You thought for a few seconds and nodded.

«Then, go. It will be  a shame to miss the fun of being with your boyfriend…»

«But Rina… I can’t leave you on your own. Your parents wouldn’t like that at all. And- beyond this- I won’t be calm either.»

 

 You got up and hugged her.

 

«I’ll be fine, unnie. I am leaving on my own most of my days. It doesn’t matter that I will sleep on my own once.»

«No! I’ll be back to sleep!»

«So, there’s no problem at all!» you winked and smiled. «Come back as much late as you wish. I’ll be sleeping probably!» you pushed her to wear her shoes.

«I’ll be thinking of you! If you need anything, call me, OK?» Seulki said, wearing her shoes.

«Yeah, unnie! Have fun! We will talk in the morning probably.» you hurried her to get out and closed the door.

 

Seulki had got the second keys for your house with her. So, she could get in, even if you were asleep.

 

  You sighed, as you closed the door and returned to your sofa.

 

«I’m lonely.» you murmured and hugged a cushion next to you, some tears cutting your eyes again.

 

 

 

Seulki reached the EXO house just in time before the thunderstorm started. The weather had become a mess since noon.

 

Chanyeol squeezed her in his hug and kissed her.

 

«Hi baby.»

«Hi, there, Virus. Your idea was daebak.»

«It wasn’t mine… It was Baekhyun’s actually.» he whispered and chuckled.

«Chinja? Where is he now?»

«He is at that date. Sehun is on a date with Victoria, too. I hope they don’t get soaked with that thunderstorm.

 

Kai appeared at the stairs with a bored look in his eyes.

 

He looked at Seulki and waved, then headed for the TV.

 

«So, my Virus, do you still want to go out with me with that weather?» Seulki said, patting Chanyeol’s nose with her finger.

«Ani, it’s terrifying with all these lightnings and thunders!»

 

Kai seemed worried and looked at the couple again.

 

«So… What are we doing tonight?»

«Going to spend some time with our daughter?» Chanyeol clapped his hands with excitement.

 

 Kai hit with his hand the sofa and got up again.

«Seulki- sshi. Aren’t you spending the night with Rina?» he asked firmly.

«Oh, I was… But she assured that I can go out with Chanyeol and that she will be fine.» Seulki pretended that she didn’t understand. «After all it’s just a night, as she said.»

 

Kai growled and rushed to get his shoes.

 

 «Aish, I’m gonna kill you, Seulki- sshi! It’s not just a night! Rina is afraid of thunders! And she is now all alone! Yah, I can’t believe it!» he started shouting.

 

Without stopping, he grabbed his jacket and left, running like crazy.

 

«You didn’t get an umbrella!» Chanyeol yelled, in vein.

 Kai was already gone.

 

 Seulki looked at him and they high- fived each other.

«Are you sure about this, though?» she asked.

«Everyone else considered it a good idea… We couldn’t let this chance to pass by.» Chanyeol smiled and kissed her again.

 

 

 

 The thunders were pretty close to each other and the sounds were making you gasp every single time.

 

 You had turned all the lights on, on the bottom floor and you had raised the volume of the TV quite a lot. However, you still couldn’t stop feeling that your heart was shaking like crazy.

 

  The movie wasn’t entertaining anymore. You weren’t even paying attention to it.

 

Of all days, why did it have to be a thunderstorm now?

 

 

You got up to check if the door was locked again. That was the 5th time you were getting up.

  You didn’t expect to freak out that much.

 

 

As soon as you turned the knob of the door, reassuring that it is locked, the bell rang. Scaring you to death for sure.

 

 

With shaky legs and hands, you moved to the window to check who on earth could it be with such a weather and such a late hour.

 

Another lighting blinded you, as you pulled the curtain. 

 

 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hi people of earth~^^ Finally, an appropriate update! Hope you liked! I just wanna thank you once again for your support (=views, comments, subscriptions)! Thank you very much! ^^ Hope you are enjoying EXO's X-mas work; sounds nice! ;) Take care til next time!!! <3