Pay-back time

My Dream in Korea

  "What the...? Is that a "D"?" you murmured as you held your Korean Literature test in your hands.

   It was the first test you've been through after school started; Mrs Shin decided to prepare a test for your class, after you finished the first poem she had been teaching you. And, as it proved, it actually came out a disaster.

  As you could see, the others didn't seem too disappointed, so the actual problem was you. And- generally- you wouldn't care for a bad mark, it was a fact that you in Korean Literature. Your serious face (as if it was usually  different!) was noticed by Miss Shin, so, in the end of the class, she called your name and you approached her, while the other children were getting out for their break.

  "Rina, is everything fine?" she asked you with a gentle smile that you wouldn't see usually.

  "Well, yes, mrs Shin... It's just... I was confident that I could do better than that. Beyond the fact that I'm not used to that low grades, I just loved Literature back in my country. And I think it's crazy, since I can speak Korean perfectly, to not be able to do well.." you puffed thoughtfully.

  "Oh my dear, it's sensible to be weak in that subject. You speak Korean amazingly well for a foreigner, but it doesn't change the fact that you are a foreigner and it's not your mother-language. Even Korean children find it difficult sometimes." she smiled and patted your shoulder.

  "Would you suggest me to do something to get better? I mean, I can't compromise with such a grade!"

   "I can be giving you extra notes and you can ask me whatever you like! Now, if there's any older student who is good enough in Literature and is willing to help you... you can use that idea too, huh? Ask your friends, they might know."

  "Yeah, as if I have any..." you thought bitterly and left.

    You rushed out of your classroom and bumped on Kai; he didn't seem very happy to see you.

  "Oh, hi" you simply waved; his "avoiding-you" behaviour had made you really stubborn and negative.

  "Hey, wait! Your dear friends sent me to you to the cafeteria... They said that Victoria may be seeing us, too." he said and grabbed your hand to pull you with him.

  "Don't pull my hand! And who are "my dear friends"?" you asked him,  a little upset.

  "But of course Baekhyun and Chanyeol. And- of course again- D.O, Sehun and Suho agreed... Move on!"

  "I can't understand your aggressive attitude, Kai. Why is it so special that they did that? Don't they do it every time? And why are all the other EXO "my dear friends" and you are not?"

 He looked at you with apologising eyes for a moment, but you were pretty mad to change your mood, so he also kept his upset mood.

  "I don't know you at all." he moved his shoulders in a way that seemed like he was telling that to himself.

  "You don't seem to be wanting to get to know me better; you haven't even tried to that! Sorry, but I can't see the point of that conversation..." you puffed angrily and left his side, heading faster to the other EXO boys.

   Kai capped his face desperately; "Why am I being foolish again?!" he wondered, but received no answer.

  "Hi Rina! What's up, dear?" Baekhyun got instantly up and hugged you.

  "No fine at all." you sat among them, gaining whole of their attention, so -as soon Kai joined your company, too- no one turned to look at him.

  "Wae? What happened?" D.O asked you.

  "I just ted the Literature test... I received a reaaally nice "D"... And the problem isn't the current "D"; it's the future "Ds" and a potential failure at the whole subject" you whined and Suho patted your head.

  "You have mrs Shin, right? Didn't she advise you somehow? I think you have told us she kind of likes you, huh?" Chanyeol scrached his head.

  "Well, she told she's always available to help me and offer some extra notes, but I don't really think that this is going to help me much. The problem is that I'm just no good." you answered sadly.

 "Hey, I have an idea, but don't kill me..." Sehun was about to say but Suho interupted him.

  "I know what the maknae is going to say, so I'm gonna say it; you can't kill your hyung, can't you? So, you know Rina, most of us actually , not only in Literature, but in most of the normal school subjects. But, Kai... (here, he cleared his throat nervously)well, he's pretty good in Literature only. He had always been saying that he loves it."

  Both you and Kai  looked at him with your eyes widened and you crossed your arms on your chest.

 "No!" you said at the same time and turned your looks aways from each other.

 "What is wrong with you two?" Baekhyun asked and smiled.

  "Nothing. I can't be taught by a non-friend person. I just can't." you answered firmly and  looked at Kai sassily.

  "Do you prefer to get an "F" and have to sit again for Literature exams??" Baekhyun pinched your cheek.

  "No, of course not!" you exclamed, as if watching a nightmare.

  "Then we're done. Come to our house three times a week to have a lesson with Kai!" Chanyeol smiled and clapped.

  "Hey, hey! No one asked ME!" Kai whined.

  "Well, we don't need to. You owe a huuuge favour to Rina, don't you?" Suho winked at you and Kai seemed to be cursing him.

 

  After the end of the school day, the other EXO would be going to get a pizza to welcome you at their house; you would already be going! Kai was supposed to wait for you at the gate, to you to their house. EXO had noticed the tensed atmosphere and had decided to leave you alone, as if you were going to solve it that way.

   You packed your things nervously; you and Kai, spending hours on your own? How on earth did that happen, especially now, that you two didn't go that well with each other? You couldn't hold back your puff; it would be weird to be in a house with six boys anyway. But you admitted that you didn't care about that at all.

   As you were rushing out of your class, you felt your hair being pulled violently. You turned to face Victoria.

  "Hey, you! Haven't you noticed my warnings?? I asked you to get away from my oppas and especially Kai oppa!" she said and her servants held your hands behind your back.

  "What are you doing? Are you crazy? Of course I'm not going to listen to your stupid warnings! I'll do what makes me happy and this is all!" you shouted and tried to free yourself.

   The hall was empty so there was no one to help you or at least look at what was happening.

  "Aww, don't get too upset... your already ugly face will become even worse and how are you going to date Kai??" Victoria said and a marker appeared in her hands. "Can we try to make you more beautiful? I think Kai would appreciate it, huh?" she added and came closer to your face with the marker almost touching your cheek.

  "Let me go, NOW!" you shouted again and moved violently your whole body, causing the marker to create a thick line on your cheek.

   Victoria and her fellows giggled slyly and were about to continue, when a voice was heard.

  "Yah, you! What are you doing here? Let her go!"

  It was Kai, who looked surpised and mad at the same time.

  "But, K-Kai oppa, I...I.." she murmured, dropping the marker on the floor.

  "Shut up and let her go, N-O-W!" he shouted and pulled you from your enemies hands.

   The three of them disappeared rapidly and you didn't dare to look at Kai; you were too embarassed. He held your face, a bit roughly, and made you look at him. His finger followed the  black line on your face.

  "Are you Ok?" he whispered gently.

  "I'm..I'm fine." you murmured and hid your tearful eyes.

  "Are they crazy or something? Why are they doing these stuff to you? I mean, they have no right to do that! Chinja, I want to kill them!" he puffed angrily.

 "Th-they want me to get away from you..." you said saddly. "As if I'm close to you now." you added and moved your shoulders.

  "Mueos? Am-am I the reason for that?!" he pointed at your marked face.

  "No, not exaclty. They didn't like me at first place anyway."

  "Have they done anything else to you? Tell me the truth!" he grabbed your arms.

  You couldn't lie; this time you just couldn't.

  "Pretty much; you know, the wet hair, the ripped books and other nice stuff."

  "No, I don't know! Why didn't you tell us??" he yelled.

   "I didn't want to. And don't tell the others! Please, I don't want any of them to get worried!" you pleaded, tears running down on your cheeks.

  "You care so much about them??" he asked, with a surprised expression and you nodded.

  "I care for you,  too, idiot." you thought as you were leaving the place.

 

   As soon as you reached their house, Kai showed you the bathroom and you washed your face like crazy. The bathroom and generally the whole house were pretty messy; EXO were classical boys. Piles of clothes, dirty dishes in the sink, books thrown here and there and a general mess everywhere. You smiled at this site and Kai blushed.

  "We are pretty sloppy... Ignore it, please." he asked kindly and showed you your way to his and D.O's room.

  D.O's bed was made and carefully tidy, Kai's was much more boyish and untidy. There was only one desk with a laptop and a tablet on it.

   "So, let's start with something" he said- with a much lighter mood than before- and sat on a chair, showing you the one next to him. "Read to me that poem."

   He had been touched by your behaviour; he was feeling grateful and happy at the same time. "Well, she excluded me from those that she cares for, but it's sensible... She is enduring that situation for my sake and the other EXO sake and that's enough for me to help her. Oh man, I was so mean this morning..But now, I just want to hug her and assure her that I'll be protecting her! What is wrong with me?!" he was thinking and a gasp slipped from his mouth.

  "Is everything OK?" you looked at him weirdly.

  "Ah, yes, of course. You are reading really nice!" he smiled charmingly and patted your head, making you blush.

  The door was heard opening and you got up happily.

  "Baekhyun-sshiiii! Chanyeol-sshii! Show me your room!" you shouted and rushed downstairs to meet the new-comers, who brought the pizzas.

   Kai puffed and closed the book in front of him in a noisily way. His head dropped back and he simply hid his eyes with his hands.

  "And why the hell am I jealous?" he murmured grumpily.

 

From misschoi: That must be reaaaaaally long! Sorry if it is tiring! (I personally enjoyed it pretty much! :P) Hope you all like it fellows~ Thank you all for your support! I'm really happy to read your words ^_^  Take care til next time! ^_^ <3