In the ball

My Dream in Korea

  "Let me fix your hair a little" you smiled at Baekhyun and he closed his eyes with delight, as you were gently tacking his messy hair.

  All the EXO boys were getting ready; wearing their shoes, spraying their perfumes, applying their aftershaves. You had Baekhyun and Chanyeol around you all the time (they were escorting you after all!) but all of them came to you for advice for their outfits. Except Kai, who was upstairs and you hadn't seen him at all.

  It was finally ball-time!!! You with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, Kai with Victoria, Suho with a girl he had met in SM lately, Yebin, and D.O and Sehun didn't have any dates; D.O, at least, was determined to dance with any girl that had no date. As for Sehun... no one really knew.

  Chanyeol smiled at his reflection and turned to you, with his baby face shining.

  "Am I OK?" he asked you and you felt your heart melting.

  "Ne, my baby, you're perfect!" you exclamed and hugged him.

  That reaction was too "you"; but EXO had gotten used to it and -after all- they liked it. Who wouldn't enjoy being hugged, caressed or called "baby" by a nice girl, especially one that was considered a really good friend?

  Baekhyun pouted and crossed his arms on his chest.

  "Hey! And what about me?" he pretended whining.

  "And you're perfect, my whining baby!" you hugged him too and he tightened his arms around you, giggling.

  "And me?" Sehun widened his eyes funnily.

  You puffed and they all started laughing.

  "You all guys are perfect, arasso?" you lifted your arms and joined the laughing. "What about me?" you raised an eyebrow.

  "A gorgeous, charming lady..." Baekhyun didn't leave you from his arms. "...is going to be with us tonight."

  "And what about me?"

  That voice... It was Kai, who was coming downstairs with Taemin. Taemin was caring a backpack.

   You smiled with idiocy.

  WOW! O_o

  Kai was G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!

  He was wearing a grey tuxedo, a black tie and had brushed his hair a little backwards. He seemed more like  a young man rather than a teenager. OMO, he was so hot!

  He smirked with confidence and jumped from the last step of the stairs.

 "You're... f-fine." you moved your shoulders and turned to Baekhyun again.

 "Taemin hyung helped me out with the styling." Kai added, seeking for your attention.

  "Good for you" you simply said and added: "You are finally doing well together, right?"

  Taemin smiled and patted your head.

  "Yes, thanks to you, gongju; at least, indirectly. Now, I got to go... The other SHINee are back, so work is here for us.  My small, pleasant break is over..." he pouted."However, we all live in the same city so... I'll be here with only a phone call, if things turn wild again." he added winking.

 "Thank you, hyung" Kai said, but Taemin giggled.

  "I was talking to Rina..." he said and all the EXO boys started laughing, Kai frowning like a whiny baby. "So, bye guys!" he waved and you hurried to hug him.

  "Thank you for everything, Taemin oppa." you whispered in his ear. "I know that you planned all these that happened with Kai and me... Baekhyun told me."

  He smiled and hugged you, too.

  "You both deserve to be happy; it was stupid not to be because of a misunderstanding and only..." he whispered back. "Do know that you're a precious girl, OK?"

  ~Wooo, it was weird to do and say such things with Lee Taemin. SHINee's Taemin.

  Kai approached you and pulled his cousin in a way that you wouldn't call gentle. He hurried to show him the door to exit the house.

  "OK, now, thank you hyung! We'll talk sooner or later. Thank you for caring for us! Byeee!"

  Everyone else in the room went back to their preparations, but hardly held in their laughter: a "phew" sound had escaped from Kai's lips, as soon as he closed the door. He drew his breath and smiled with confidence again, looking at you; you had returned back to your "helping- your-dates" mood. He unconciously fixed his hair and tried to plan his words to you.

 "You're pretty"

 "You're so beautiful tonight"

 " You're perfect"

 "Aish, Jongin, you're bad in words..." he whispered to himself and wasted another minute to simply look at you; you were wearing a dark blue dress, pretty shorter than your knee, black highheels and you had straightened your hair, the right side of them pulled back with a twinkling clipper. And for the first time... you were wearing a discreet but elegant make-up.                       

 He gulped; your legs, your neck and shoulders... They all looked breathtaking, especially because of the caramel-like color of your skin. Omo, had someone the heat...?

 He made the hard decision to join your company. That moment, you were finishing with Baekhyun's hair, while Sehun the TV.

 "Hi..." he smiled right next to your face. "y-you're really... really pretty  tonight..." he mumbled, but you didn't even turn to look at him.

  OK; it was embarassing, but you had to admit that you were even more jealous, now, that you had seen him getting ready so carefully for... for Victoria.

 "Thanks..." you said bitterly and went on with your work.

  "What the...? What did I do??" Kai thought with panic and joined Suho, feeling disappointed and confused.

 --

 

  It was nice to walk by Chanyeol's and Baekhyun's side; they were holding your hands and moving them happily.

  And now, it was KAi's turn to feel jealous. He was walking by D.O's right side and- unconciously- he was biting his nails, as his eyes were constantly on you and your two charming cavaliers. D.O slapped his being-biten hand and looked at him strictly.

 "You wanna destroy your perfect teeth?"

  "Nah, leave me alone..." Kai murmured and kept doing his own thing.

   Suho and Sehun were talking loudly with Suho's lady, Yebin. Baekhyun looked at your frowned face and smiled playfully.

  "What's wrong with our princess?" he asked, pinching your cheek with his free hand.

  "Kai is getting on my nerves..." you puffed.

  "You put pressure on him not to cancel the date with Victoria... And you refused to be his girlfriend." he moved his shoulders, giggling.

  You were about to protest, but he hurried to add:

  "And you did well; he had been behaving really immaturelly and-you- with the very first chance, proved yourself extremelly mature. It wouldn't be right to dump Victoria literally the last minute before the ball... Since you did the right thing, what's your problem now?"

 "I know I did the right thing, Baekhyun, but that... that doesn't change the fact that I'm jealous!" you blushed.

  "Jealous? Hah, there are three reasons that should make you stop feeling like this!" Chanyeol exclamed. "First of all, you are being escorted by two gorgeous young men, who absolutely love you!" he widened his eyes cutely.

  Here you giggled and kissed their cheeks.

 "That's true and I wouldd't change it for anything!" you smiled and held again their hands.

 "You see? You're already feeling better! Now, Reason No.2: In the end, Kai wanted to avoid teh date. So, he isn't actually going to enjoy it, be flirty or something... Probably, he will be cold and bored, as always, when he wants to avoid something." Chanyeol moved his finger happily.

 "Even his cool outfit today... I'm sure he did it for you, not for her." Baekhyun added.

 "AND! Reason No.3: Kai likes you! You have to get that, baby. He likes you and he confessed first, not you! He was the one that was being tortured by this feeling and couldn't hold it in, as you were doing for a long time. If someone is going or has the chance to get jealous it's him and only! You're going to have fun with us, your two awesome gentlemen, and Kai will be boiling in a huuuuuge pot for the whole night!" Chanyeol ended his small speech and kissed your cheek.

  You smiled happily. Woaaah~ All these had indeed made you feel better. Yes, Kai was the one that was going to feel jealous. He had confessed first! And you were a "y free and single" girl, able to enjoy her night to the full. (At least, until your parents' limit, which was sharp midnight~ :P) Well... at least you wanted to be such a girl and make Kai feel fully jealous.

 You looked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol and widened your smile; yes, you could be that girl tonight.

--

 

  Your school's ceremony hall looked completely different at night. Colorful lights were making all the glitter and confetti twinkle impressively. It was the first ball-time for you in Bae Arts and the experience was breathtaking! School's famous dancers were already on stage, showing of their impressive skills, while one of the school bands, FT Island, were playing rocking music. You felt an amazing excitement, sensing that you had so many talented people around you and you were actually going to party with all of them; veryone was in a really excited mood and didn't pay attention on with whom they were dancing or standing. Baekhyun patted your head and moved on to grab a couple of glasses with fruit punch.

    Kai came next to you and caressed your bare shoulder. You turned surprised.

   "When I said you are pretty tonight, I meant it. To the full." he smirked and hugged you from behind. He even rested his head on your shoulder.

  You felt your feet melting and your hands started shaking. WoW, that was an unexpected movement!

   "T-thank you, Kai." you mumbled, not knowing what to do.

   "Will you ever call me "oppa"? You're calling everyone else like this, even Taemin and not me?!" he whined, his lips next to your ear, as he didn't release you from his embracement.

  "I-I... will do as I feel!" you answered grumpily, but your hands didn't stop shaking.

  "OK, you'll feel it soon, then!" he added with confidence and tightened his arms around you.

   You felt really good with his cute movements. You dared to touch his hands around your waist and you rested your head on his.

  "Why are you so kind today?" you asked with a sincerely serious tone.

  "It's not today. That's Kai." he whispered. "I was too stupid to behave badly at you all the time, so I suppose it now feels that you don't know me, that I'm almost a different person. Are you going to like me, me, the real Kai?"

  "I don't think that you should doubt that..." you blushed and he kissed your cheek.

  "I like you so much, Rina." he simply said and turned you around.

  He looked at you and smiled. He closed his eyes and came closer to you. A KISS? NOW? You hadn't said "yes" to his suggestion! Why was he doing that??

  "Oppaaaa!"

  In the end, it wasn't necessary to wonder about these things. Victoria interrupted the whole scene. She was pretty tonight, too. Kai cursed, through his teeth, and tried to smile.

  "Hi Victoria. Looking good tonight~" he said kindly.

  "Always!" she snapped her fingers with a confident smile and approached him. "Shall we dance? What are you doing with her anyway?" she pointed at you again.

  "None of your business. You know she's my girlfriend, Victoria!" Kai moved his shoulders and she seemed shocked.

  "Mueos??? She's your girlfriend? But you had said that... that..." she mumbled.

  "I didn't say that she isn't! I just said that I'm coming to the ball with you!" Kai said and pulled her from her hand to dance with her, a little farther.

  You smiled; trouble had just started for Kai... Kekeke~

 

  You were dancing the third slow dance with Chanyeol. He had hugged you tightly and rested his head on your shoulder. Baekhyun was sitting with Sehun. Suho was always dancing with his Yebin and Kai with Victoria, who had gained quickly her confidence and didn't waste her time; she didn't leave Kai, not even for a minute.

  "Aren't you tired?" you asked Chanyeol, giggling.

  "Aniyoooo!" he murmured and rubbed his face on your shoulder. "Are you?" he asked.

  "No, not at all, baby. I like it!" you smiled and caressed his head.

   Kai noticed that and he felt even more uncomfortable; you were seeming having a great night, while he had to stand Victoria and you being in Chanyeol's hug for the whole night. That wasn't fair!!!

  When that song ended, Victoria looked at Kai and smiled.

  "You're so handsome oppa!"

  "Thanks..." he said, but he was looking at you and Chanyeol again.

  Victoria looked at the same direction and frowned with annoyance.

  "I'm going to the bathroom, oppa." she bitterly said and left, but Kai didn't even nod.

   He found the chance he wanted and moved with definite steps towards you and Chanyeol. He tapped Chanyeol's shoulder and smiled awkwardly.

  "Can I dance for a while with her?? Before she comes back..." Kai said and smiled again.

  "Yes, man, of course!" Chanyeol stepped back and pointed at you.

  Kai hugged you instantly and started moving to the rythm of the music.

 "Hey, no one asked me!!" you whined but hugged him.

  "There's no need, obviously." he teased you and tightened his embracement.

  "Aigoo..." you rolled your eyes.

   That moment was like a dream for you; you might have seen it once while you were asleep actually... But it was even better to feel it and know that it was real.

  You were too happy to realise anything else.

  "That's enough! KAI OPPA IS MY DATE FOR TONIGHT!" Victoria screamed and literally stopped your heart.

  You turned surprised and received the fruit punch she had in her cup right in your face!

  You let out an angry cry and opened your eyes slowly.

  "What. Are. You. Doing??????" you spelled.

  "Hey, Vic, no need to run behind Kai! He has a girlfriend now! You can run behind me or... or actually we can run together!"

  GOD. That was Sehun. You all looked at him and Victoria opened .

  "WHAT?" she said.

  "I like you!" Sehun smiled and approached her.

  "WHAT???"

  Now, it was EXO's turn to say that.

  "Sorry to interrupt the romantic atmosphere, but that's for Rina!" Baekhyun said and a piece of cake was thrown on Victoria's head by his own hand.

 "AAAAH!" she screamed and her followers started throwing some cupcakes at Baekhyun.

 To be sincere, you couldn't understand how the the food fight ended up with the whole school participating. Chanyeol's face was covered with something chocolate and Suho with Yebin had something like whipped cream on their heads. Sehun was found with a red sauce on his shirt and you with Kai were all covered with sugar and fruit punch that Victoria had thrown with great nerve.

--

 

   It was something earlier than 12 at midnight, when you and Kai reached your house. You had kissed all your other EXO boys, who had moved on to have bath; they were looking really funny with their "food-fight" outfits.

  You climbed the three steps of your front stairs and turned to look at Kai; he had some whipped cream on his hair and his nice clothes were covered with sugar. As for you, your dress was full of sugar, too, but your head and face were smelling like fruit punch and it was a little sticky.

  You both started laughing by looking at each other.

  "Aigooo, that was a crazy night!" he smiled and rubbed the back of his head.

  "Omo, indeed!" you giggled.

  "Victoria is so crazy..."

  "Ne, what about Sehun then?"

  "Haa, he's even more crazy for sure!" Kai exclamed.

  "You didn't know it?"

  "Aniyo"

  "I might had an idea..." you smiled and Kai gasped with surprise.

  "Chinjaaa?"

  You moved your head.

  "Got ot go now, Kai..." you smiled again and were about to unlock the door, when Kai grabbed your hand and gently pulled you to get some steps lower, closer to him.

  "You might think I'm crazy... but... I... somehow feel that this is the right time... I don't know why, but that's how I feel. So, Rina, for a second time, will you be my girlfriend??"

  You smiled; you were both covered with whipped cream, sugar and fruit punch. Maybe... maybe that was the right time.

  "Of course." you opened your arms and hugged him tightly.

   He gasped with excitement and lifted you in his arms, swinging you all around.

  "YAAAY!!!!!!!" he shouted but you slightly slapped him.

  "Shut up, you michyo person! My parents will get worried and may see us!" you whispered in his ear and laughed.

  He let you down and touched your cheek.

  "Thank you." he said and were about to kiss you again, but you turned your head and kissed his cheek.

   "Another time, Kai"

   He was about to protest but you kissed his cheek again. That was a literally sweet kiss; there was sugar on his cheek.

  "Huh... you escaped this time... But, remember, that these smoochie things with Baekhyun and Chanyeol are done!" he pinched your cheek, showing his jealousy with some pouting.

  "Nah, sure" you put your tongue out.

  "Yeah, try it and you'll see!" he winked and moved his finger funnily.

   You kissed his cheek for a third time and unlocked your door.

   "Good night, Kai... oppa." you smirked and disappeared behind your house's front door.

   You didn't see Kai lifting his hands to God and whisper intensely: "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!", laughing to himself.

 

 

 From misschoi: Hi guys! Sorry for my long absence! I had no internet, as I was on the beach!! ^^ But now I'm back!!! Hope you enjoyed it!!! Have you ever lived a food-fight? :P I have, at a trip with my school... It was scaryyyyyyy! :P >.< Take care til next time guys! And thanks again for your support!!! <3