40

Because it's You.

this is a bit of a filler chapter... :<
I hope it's still alright haha~

 

 

* * * * *

 

You woke up the next morning to a familiar tune on your radio, the sun was pouring into one of your open windows and you raised a hand to block the light, squinting as you did so. You rolled over onto your stomach and grabbed your phone, like usual first thing in the morning. There was a message from Sungyeol.

                From: Sungyeol
                “Morning, sunshine ^^ hope you slept well~”

You smiled wide at the message and rolled out of bed. Today was going to be a good day.

 

~

 

After eating breakfast, you grabbed your bag and headed out for school. Sungyeol had spare classes today and said he’d visit after your classes had finished, so you couldn’t wait for the day to be over. It was a sunny day, perfect for walking, and Sungyeol had offered to take you out to the park again later that day.

Hyesun was beginning to loosen up in class a lot now. It had been a while since you had talked to her last, maybe because she was still a little annoyed that you never went anywhere with her? But you had still noticed her attitude had most definitely changed compared to the goody-two-shoes she was a few weeks ago.

“Hey, Hyesun,” you walked up and took your seat next to her in class.

She acknowledged your presence with a simple nod and another ‘Hey.’

*Strange, she’s usually bubbly.*

“How’re you? I haven’t talked to you in a while,” you began conversation.

“Can’t complain.”

She shifted in her seat and pulled out a comic book to read.

“… reading manga in class?”

“Problem?”

She shot you a glare.

You took a second or two to take notice of her massive dark circles, empty eyes, and lack of expression. You’d never seen her like this before. Something was definitely up.

“Are you okay, Hyseun?”

“I’m fine.”

She proceeded to bury her face in the book. You couldn’t just leave her like this though.

“I’ll talk to you when class is over.”

 

~

 

You turned to face the teacher when class started, and paid close attention to both the board and Hyesun, who was completely ignoring everything around her for the remainder of the lesson.

When the class was let out for the end of the day, you noticed she didn’t move from her seat once everyone had left. She was usually one of the first to leave. You took the seat next to her and pulled it closer, looking up at her face from underneath.

“Hyesun…” you began.

There was no response. You shook her shoulder a bit until she looked up from her book.

“You can’t tell me you’re fine. Look at you. What’s up.”

She took a deep breath in, staring sleepily back.

“My parents will kill me…” she started.

You looked at her with a concerned expression, urging her to continue the story.

She told you everything.

“Recently, he’s turned into a monster, and won’t let me leave. Now I don’t know what to do about it.”

“You have to tell your parents.”

“I can’t.”

You shook your head.

“Tell your parents and get this cleaned up. You can’t live like this. What happened to the Hyesun I knew?”

She smiled a little at you.

“I should be more thankful I have you as a friend, that I can tell you anything.”

You leaned over and gave her a hug.

“Promise me you’ll call your parents then. Don’t go back to that dirtbag. And tell me if anything happens, I’ll make sure he stays away from you… uh.. somehow.”

She nodded.

“I promise, and I will.”

You leaned back into your chair, watching Hyesun rise from her seat and leave the classroom with a small wave; then felt your phone vibrate in your pocket.

                From: Sungyeol
                “I’m here! Class is over by now, right? I’ll be waiting out the front. ^^”

*Oh, crap! I better go meet him now.*

 

* * * * *

 

another update is coming soon~