15

Because it's You.

hey everyone! so sorry for the lack of updates recently,
been so busy with work~ but here is another small update for you all~ ^^

 

* * * * *

 

 

She dropped you off a street back from the restaurant, as you insisted.

“But I really want to see what he looks like, and what his personality is like too.” she continued rambling.

“Mom, you’ll get to eventually. But if you keep acting like this you won’t…”

“Okay okay! I’ll shut up. Just have a nice night and be careful, ok honey?”

You nodded and exited the car, shutting the door behind you.

You walked up to the doors of the restaurant and looked inside for the familiar face, but couldn’t see him. You took a step inside and brushed off the light spray of rain that had dampened your jacket.

A waitress walked up to you with an apologetic expression.

“I’m very sorry. One of the appliances in the kitchen has become faulty from the power failure last week and it’s unfortunate we’ve had to cancel all of our bookings for tonight, and until it’s fixed. Were you coming by yourself or meeting someone?”

You were slightly shocked, but bowed and thanked her for her apology.

“I was waiting on someone.”

“Name?”

“Sungyeol..?”

“ Ah, so you’re ~~~. Sungyeol arrived not long ago, he said he’d be waiting for you in one of the window booths. I can show you to him if you’d like?”

“It’s alright, I think I’ll be able to find him.”

The waitress kindly nodded and you headed in the direction she pointed towards.

Sungyeol was sitting alone at the table with a glass of ice water, looking out the window.

“H-hello, Sungyeol~” you spoke, softly.

He immediately turned and rose from his seat, bowing to you. You giggled a little at his formality.

“I really didn’t know it would be closed for dinner service…” he said, and looked down at you. You were dressed perfectly, and he wanted to say something, but couldn’t think of the right words to compliment you.

“It’s okay, we can go out another night.”

“Oh, no! We..”

He shook his head and took one of your hands, but quickly let go again.

“Um.. are you up for some tteokbokki?”

You smiled small and nodded.

“Sure. I don’t see why not.”

He walked behind you out of the restaurant and the both of you headed toward the street vendor at the other side of town.

“If I had known it was going to be closed I would have done something about it…”

Sungyeol sighed and looked over at you. You didn’t seem the least bit upset about it. To be honest, you were actually just happy to be out with someone. It was your first time going out at night, with a boy.

“You need to stop apologizing. It’s fine, really~” you assured.

He laughed awkwardly and stopped you by putting an arm out in front of you.

“The shop’s right here.”

“Right!”

You walked up the small set of brick steps and took in a breath of the air, filled with the smell of delicious, fresh tteokbokki from the vendor. Your face lit up as you laid eyes on the food in front of you. The man at the vendor greeted the both of you warmly and offered some to try.

Sungyeol took one of the tteokbokki skewers and held it out to you. You blinked, puzzled for a second.

You leaned in to take a bite, and he looked away from you awkwardly. When he met eyes with you again, your cheeks were filled with tteokbokki. You made a sound of approval and held two thumbs up, still chewing.

Sungyeol scratched his neck and faced the vendor.

“We’ll get two small tteokbokki to go.”

 

* * * * *

 

I am the queen of short updates... LOL OTL. but I love you all and will update again soon~