43

Because it's You.

 

* * * * *

 

“Sungyeol!”

Sungyeol ran over to you and enveloped you in a massive hug, picking you up and spinning around a few times on the spot.

“I missed you today, ~~~-ah~”

He leant down and pecked you quickly on the nose.

You smiled, and Sungyeol laced his fingers through yours with both hands.

“Hmm~ where did you want to go today?”

“I thought you said the park?”

“Oh, right… I forgot.”

Sungyeol looked to his side, a little embarrassed.

“We could always go back to yours, instead,” Sungyeol suggested.

“My house is boring though…”

“I’m sure we could find something to make it fun~”

You rolled your eyes at him, and he made a jokingly sad face.

“What?”

“Fine then,” you agreed, “my house it is.”

Sungyeol often sang to you when he drove with you, which always entertained you. His voice was quiet and subtle, but beautiful, so listening to him sing was sort of special, you thought.

“Because it’s you, yeah,

Because it’s you, yeah, oh why~”

“Hy-hy-hysterie~”

You didn’t know where he came up with the ideas, but nonetheless, it’d always make you smile.

“Where do you think of this stuff?”

He looked over quickly and laughed.

“I dunno, maybe I should be in a band or something~”

You chuckled.

“I think you’d make a good group member… maybe you and the rest of the boys?”

He shrugged, contemplating the idea.

“Maybe one day?”

You arrived at your house, and no one was home.

“Well, come on in,” you invited Sungyeol to follow you inside.

He held the door and insisted you walk in before him.

It was really quiet inside since the house was empty, and there really wasn’t much to do there.

“So…” you started, “what you wanna do?”

Sungyeol looked up towards the ceiling, scrunching up his face and pretending to think hard.

“Hmmmm~~”

You looked over, copying and mocking his actions.

“Hey, stop that.”

Sungyeol walked closer and wrapped his arms around your waist.

You shrugged.

“I dunno what to do.”

“We could play our own game of hide and seek,” Sungyeol suggested.

“Psht~”

You rolled your eyes and looked to the side. Sungyeol leaned in.

“You don’t want to play with me?”

You laughed.

“I’ll think about it.”

“Awww,” Sungyeol pouted, “but it was fun last time we played…”

 “You’re so silly, Yeol.”

The both of you looked at each other and laughed.

Sungyeol tightened his grip around your waist and slowly pulled you in closer, leaning down to you and leaving only the slightest gap between his lips and yours.

You paused breathing, and stared back at him intently.

“You know,” Sungyeol paused his sentence and planted a few small kisses on your top lip, “I think you’re beautiful.”

You felt the heat rise to your face and you flushed a light pink.

“T-thankyou… Sungyeol.”

You felt goosebumps cover your body this time, when he lingered on the next kiss, they quickly got worse when he ran a finger up one side of your arm.

“Hey that tickl-,” you squirmed a little within his grip, “wait don’t…!”

He laughed and continued to lightly touch your arms, making you squeal in protest.

“Stop it!!”

He let go of you and leaned down to press his lips to your forehead.

“I’ve got to get something from my car. I’ll be right back.”

You covered yourself with your hands, dodging him when he attempted to tickle you again before leaving.

“Don’t do that again!!” you demanded, watching him laugh as he walked off.

You turned around to your bag and began searching through it, looking for a book you needed to read later. It wasn’t long before there were steps heard walking up to your door a shadow from behind you again.

You turned around quickly, attacking your victim with two hands and pushing him to the wall, tickling him back with all of your might.

“Hahah got you!!”

“Woah, calm down there.”

You paused when you noticed the voice was different.

“Wha.. Woohyun.. I’m sorry!!”

You backed away as quickly as you had approached him, and shuffled around nervously.

“I thought you were Sungyeol…”

“Well, I’m obviously not.”

You rolled your eyes as he laughed, pointing to himself and shrugging.

“I think I can tell, now.”

He didn’t really give you time to say hello or anything, but rather, began speaking to you straight away.

“Listen, I want to-”

You sighed and looked at the floor. You had an idea of what he may have come to say, and didn’t want to hear it from him again. It was already hard for you now.

“Woohyun, please. We talked about this before.”

“I’m not prepared to give up on you just yet.”

You looked back up to meet his eyes, which were different from before. They were no longer the regular curious and mysterious eyes that Woohyun had, but demanding, and full of concentration. It worried you slightly.

He lifted your chin with his hand.

“Don’t do this, Woohyun.”

He continued to stare into your eyes, not looking away, then he laughed quietly.

“I know, it seems selfish,” he started, “to stand here and tell you I want only you,”

You looked to your side and bit your lip.

“But it’s true.”

“You’re…then.. a selfish person…”

You didn’t know what to do.

Woohyun leaned back in disappointment when he heard your words.

“But ~~~-ah, I’ve never liked someone, as much as I’ve liked you before,” he reassured.

You shook your head, and when you turned to face him again, he noticed the water filling up in your eyes.

“Please don’t-”

“What do you think Woohyun? That I can just-”

“~~~-ah?”

Both you and Woohyun turned to the doorway, where Sungyeol was now standing. You could tell by the expression on his face, that he was utterly confused.

“Woohyun..? What are you doing with… with ~~~-ah…”

You were still standing in the same position, Woohyun’s hand still underneath your chin.

“Sungyeol.. I..”

For a moment, it was silent. Everyone was speechless, and there seemed like almost nothing could be said.

“Woohyun, get away from her.”

Sungyeol glared at him, with a look you’d never seen in his eyes before now. Woohyun only then realised he still hand a hand near your face, and politely backed away.

“It was nothing, Yeol.”

“You expect me to believe that?”

Sungyeol looked over at you, your eyes were swelling up and you nervously played with your own fingers.

“So what is it, ~~~-ah?”

You weren’t given enough time to speak. You could tell Sungyeol was burning up inside, and his aura radiated with jealousy.

“All this time, even before when Woohyun was chasing you down the street, all that time you liked him and not me? Was it always Woohyun you wanted? Or was it Myungsoo? Why not go ahead and try all of us out, see which one fits your tastes.”

You went silent, and stared, speechlessly, back into his eyes. You’d never seen him like this. You’d never heard him speak to anyone like that before; it was as if the Sungyeol you knew had been replaced by pure anger, and nothing else. His harsh sarcasm shot through you like a spear.

Woohyun could do nothing but stand back, and try not to make things worse than he already did.

“Sungyeol, I..”

“It’s true, isn’t it. You never wanted me. You wanted one of the others,”

He pointed over to Woohyun with a disgusted look on his face.

“You wanted this piece of trash.”

You looked over at Woohyun, who stared plainly at the floor below him. Your heart was hurting in your chest. It was his fault. But you couldn’t hate him for that, because you liked him, too.

“Let me explain,” you began.

“If you’re going to explain something, it had better be good.”

You felt your eyes become watery, and a small tear fell down the side of your face.

Sungyeol tried his hardest not to notice, and put a hand to his forehead with a heavy sigh.

 “Tell me, ~~~. Who does your love belong to.”

 

* * * * *

 

.... please don't kill me :c