02

Because it's You.

 

Since it was Friday, most of the sessions weren’t too bad. Teachers knew that the students wouldn’t want to work much today and most of your classes were lazy, you often found yourself daydreaming or nearly asleep.

“~~~~!!”

You woke from your daze. It was already last class.

“Huh?”

“We’re up next!”

“Oh, right~”

You looked over at Hyesun, who was confidently sitting, back straight, in her chair; waiting for the group beforehand to finish.

“Yah… Hyesun-“ you started.

“Shhh~”

You slumped back in your chair and waited until the others were finished. *Sometimes I really hate how she’s such a goody-two-shoes…*

The teacher called you up to present next. Hyesun strode up to the front, and you wearily lagged behind her. Everyone paid attention to Hyesun and you basically just stood there, pointing out relevant things on the poster and holding it the entire time. When you were finished, you both made your way back to your seats.

“Sorry, you were going to say something before?” Hyesun questioned, neatly rolling up the poster and handing it to the teacher.

“Ah.. never mind.” *It’s nothing important anyway.*

“Hmm.. are you doing anything this weekend?”

“Not really… why?”

“There’s a party on this weekend. I can invite a few friends. Interested?”

You shook your head. *I really dislike parties…*

“Ah.. that’s too bad! If you change your mind, tell me by tomorrow afternoon okay?”

“Okay.. I won’t,” you muttered.

The bell went off and Hyesun skipped off to the lockers. As usual, you were the last one to leave your class. You picked up your books and turned around just as someone entered the room. Before you knew it, your books were all over the floor in front of you.

“Yah! Watch where you’re-“

“I’m sorry! I’m really sorry, please forgive me!” *Why is it always me this happens to?…*

Your hands searched the floor frantically for your papers, which had flown in every which way. Suddenly, a pile of sheets appeared in front of you. You looked up to meet eyes with a young boy; his hair was short and dark, and his face seemed incredibly youthful. You paused for a second.

“I didn’t mean to yell all of a sudden... I’m sorry,” he started, urging you to take back the papers he was holding.

You continued to look at him, you’d never seen him before.

“Are you new here?” you asked quietly.

“No, I’m just here to visit the careers office,” he replied, “but that’s not important. Let me help you.”

He held out his other hand and pulled you up. You took the pile of sheets from him and nodded in gratefulness.

“T-thankyou…”

“Not a problem~ be careful next time okay?”

He shot a smile your way, and you waved back with your fingers. *That’s the first time anyone has ever been so nice..*

With your books held tightly to your chest, you returned to your locker and saw Hyesun walking down the hallway towards you.

“Yah! ~~~~-ah! Have you changed your mind about this weekend yet?”

“I’m not going.”

You shoved your books into your locker, grabbed your bag and slammed the door.

“Aish~ no need to be angry with me about it.”

“I’m staying home this weekend.” *I already told you I hate parties, haven’t I?*

“Whatever you say then~ you’ll be missing out.”

She began walking off, still facing you and gesturing ‘call me’ as she left.

You rolled your eyes and headed for the bus bay at the back of the school. The entire bus ride, you stared sleepily out to the sky. *I wonder what that boy was doing at the careers office here.. he’s not new. Maybe there was just someone he needed to talk to..*

The first thing you did when you got home was eat. After that, it was straight to bed.

 

 

* * * * *

 

Ah ~ here's another small update :3
I promise something more interesting will happen soon haha! 

And thankyou to my new subscribers ~ ♥
ヽ(°ω° )ノ