34

Because it's You.

sup guys~

this one's longer hehehe~
I actually found this one of the most fun to write for some reason.. LOL anyway. enjoy~~~ C:

 

 

* * * * *

 

You stumbled over to room 705, books still in hand.

*What have I gotten myself into…*

The teacher opened the door, with a rather surpised look on his face.

“~~~~? Which teacher sent you?”

“My.. maths teacher…”

“Oh.”

He made a strange facial expression, before closing the door behind you and pointing to one of the desks.

“He said only .. 40 minutes, sit over there.”

You followed his instruction and headed to the table at the very back of the room.

You took out a 4-color pen from your bag and started clicking it. You could tell it was annoying the teacher, but you continued to do it until he got fed up with you.

“Stop that right now. It’s irritating.”

You insisted on clicking it once more before putting it down on the desk, around the same time your phone went off. You pulled it out from your bag and looked at the message.

                From: Sungyeol
                “I was going to swing by and pick you up today, it’s sunny for once~ we can get icecream ^^”

You sighed and began to hurriedly reply, hoping the teacher wouldn’t notice.

                To: Sungyeol
                “Uh, I would, but I can’t. Kind of busy. Another time? ^^”

“Put that away, you know the rules.”

You quickly pressed send and threw it back in your bag. The teacher raised an eyebrow.

“I better not see it again until the end of detention.”

You nodded and slouched back into your seat. One minute in there felt like 10, and you were bored to death. There was suddenly a quiet knock on the door, and your teacher looked up and nodded as it opened.

“Come in,” he waved the visitor over.

You looked down and attempted to perhaps, pretend you weren't there, when you noticed who it was.

“Ah, yes, you. Have you come for the exam results you missed from last term?”

He nodded and looked around the room, his eyes coming to a stop when he saw see you sitting at the back. The teacher began searching through his desk papers.

He waved a little, and you nodded back. The atmosphere was still incredibly awkward, being around Woohyun. The teacher rose from his seat, shutting one of the drawers he was searching through.

“It must be in the office, somewhere. Stay here and I’ll go check for you.”

Woohyun nodded, the teacher then leaving to the next room.

He looked through the hall for the teacher, then began whispering to you. But it was impossible to make out what he was trying to say. You lifted your hands and shrugged.

“I don’t know what you’re saying!” you whispered back, in a slightly annoyed tone.

He faced you a little more.

“I’ll distract him. When I give a signal, make a run for it.”

He pointed to the door.

“I.. make a run- WHAT? Are you crazy?!”

The teacher walked back in with the papers. Woohyun straightened himself up and you leaned back into your chair.

*I’m NOT about to do something stupid like that. Woohyun, what kind of person are you?!*

“Here you go, these are the test result forms, and your grade is in the last section. You have nothing to worry about though. You did well.”

Woohyun bowed to the teacher and thanked him.

“By the way, can I ask you something?”

“Of course.”

He pointed to the other side of the room, opposite where you were sitting.

“I was wondering how to get to this place…”

The teacher began explaining directions, and as he did, Woohyun turned towards you and mouthed: “Now.”

You sat still in your seat for a second, thinking over what  he had told you.

*It’s not really like… I want to stay in detention though…*

Woohyun noticed you weren’t getting up from your seat and urged you to make your move.

*What am I doing…*

You silently grabbed your bag and made your way to the door. Just as you were close, the teacher turned around.

“AND JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!”

“I.. um.. was..”

Woohyun literally facepalmed.

“AND YOU,” the teacher pointed towards him, “YOU WERE HELPING HER GET OUT. WEREN’T YOU?”

He inconvincingly shook his head.

BOTH of you, sit down. 40 more minutes. I’m locking the door, when I get back I’m having a talk with the two of you.”

He stormed out of the room, making sure to lock it, and double-check the doorhandle.

You and Woohyun stood there, blank of expression. You went back to your seat.

A few seconds later, you heard him sit down in the seat next to you. You were staring at the marks on the table, tracing them with your finger. It was silent.

“That was my fault.” he suddenly started.

Your finger paused.

“I got you into more trouble…” he looked down.

“It… it’s okay,” you didn’t bother to look up.

You awkwardly laughed to yourself and sighed. You weren’t all that happy right now.

Woohyun slouched over in his seat and took the time to examine your side profile. He watched you breathing slowly, as you watched your own finger trace shapes in the table.

You felt him eyeing you, and quickly flicked your head to the side, catching his gaze.

 His face flushed the tiniest hint red, and he turned away, scratching his head.

“So… what are you doing in here?”

“Me? Detention…”

Your face went a little red at the thought of it. It wasn’t like you at all to get detention, and it definitely wasn’t something you were proud to admit.

Woohyun shrugged it off, though. Not like he’d never been in detention before. In fact, he was the one usually always enduring it.

“Someone like you? How did that happen..”

“I refused to do a test,” you pouted and crossed your arms, “it was too hard!!”

You slammed a hand onto the desk.

Woohyun had never seen this side of you. He involuntarily snorted at you, giggling a bit.

“I’m sorry for causing you trouble… I really am,” he apologized again.

“Ugh… it’s fine.”

“Let’s find a way out of it.”

“It’s okay.. wait what-“

Woohyun had already walked to a nearby window and propped it open with a ruler. He waved his hand for you to come over.

What are you doing?!” you exclaimed, still glued to your seat.

“Come on, we’re getting out of here. it’s so stuffy in here.”

You raised your voice a little.

“What do you mean? Climbing out the window? Are you insane?!”

“Shh, someone might hear us.”

He held a finger up to his lips, waving his other hand and silently telling you to get out of your seat. For a second, you didn’t think, and began to get up. A split second later you sat back down, though.

“I am not climbing out the window with you.”

He pouted a little and walked back over.

“You’re chicken.”

You gawked unpleasantly at him and stood up straight.

“I am not.”

“Are too.”

“Fine.”

You walked over to the window, Woohyun cackling to himself as he followed behind you. When you had reached the window, you didn’t even have time to ask another question. He had already lifted you up and sat you on the windowsill.

“Go on, I’ll be right out,” he pushed you over a little, and you nearly lost your balance.

“Hey slow down!”

You jumped out of the window and landed firmly with two feet. Woohyun followed not far behind you.

“See, not that hard is it?”

You looked away, somewhat embarassed.

“Piece of cake…”

“WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?!”

A voice came screeching out from across the schoolground. It was the teacher.

You were about to say something, when a hand latched with yours.

“Run.”

 

* * * * *

 

oic, woohyun.
more soon <3