36

Because it's You.

 

hello again~ quick updates for you all :D

so, woohyun begins to seem nice... who wouldn't give him a chance to change huh? 
I know I would~

 

* * * * *

 

The weather was cool, but in the sun it was pleasant. You walked alongside the river and stretched your arms out.

“It’s so nice out in the sun, isn’t it?”

He nodded.

“Uh, yeah, sure.”

He still didn’t know how to be around you. As much as he wanted to make you smile, he just didn’t know how. For now, he simply watched you from behind as you strode along the pathway in front of him.

You took a deep breath of the cool air, still walking.

“I’m glad it’s nice out today,” you began, turning around to him.

Only to your surprise, he wasn’t behind you anymore.

Woohyun looked over at you, and called over from a rock on the other side of the river.

“Yah, ~~~-ah, over here.”

“What are you doing?” you yelled across to him, a puzzled expression on your face.

“What does it look like?”

He stood up and made his way to a rock in the middle of the stream.

“Be careful, Woohyun…”

He paused, shaking his head.

“I’m not going to fall in, if that’s what you’re thinking.”

You made a face at him, as if to say ‘yeah, right.’

He noticed and pointed to himself.

“This is my favorite shirt! I don’t want it to get it wet, okay?”

You laughed.

“Whatever, then.”

He patted the rock beside him.

“Come sit with me. The water’s nice.”

You crossed your arms in protest, but soon gave in.

You slipped off one shoe, then the other; awkwardly finding your way over the rocks until you came to a stop at the one next to him. By then, he was playing with the water with one hand.

“I like the river,” he said, quietly.

You smiled and nodded. He really seemed completely different to what he was like the first time you met him.

“I should come here with Sungyeol then. He likes the river too.”

Quick enough for you not to realize, Woohyun had lifted his hand up and flicked water on your face. You blinked repetitively, making a few strange noises and wrinkling your nose.

“Psh.. eh.. hey! What was that for?!”

You counteracted and did the same thing back to him. In return, he laughed and did it again, this time with more water. It was obvious where this was headed.

Soon enough, the two of you were standing in the stream, cupping your hands against the water and throwing it up at each other like little children in a play-pool. By the time you had given up and lifted your hands to shout, “okay, you’ve won! I surrender!!” the both of you were already drenched.

Woohyun and yourself tiptoed through the river to the side and sat down to ring out your soaking wet clothing.

He nudged you in the side.

“Now I’m freezing. And my shirt! Ugh, look at what you did.”

“What I did? You didn’t have to start that, you know.”

He stared at you with a faceless expression, and you laughed at him.

“Your fault.”

“No it wasn’t…”

He nudged you harder and dropped, on your , into the river.

Woohyun scrunched his face up and tried his best not to laugh at your obviously unamused expression, but couldn’t hold it in very long. He burst out into laughter as you sat, motionless and staring straight at him from below.

“… ow..”

He shook his head and held out a hand.

“Fine, I won’t be so mean. Pokerface, aish what is that….?”

He wiggled his fingers and you took his hand. Instead of letting him pull you up, you took the opportunity to ‘return the favor.’ He flew forward into the river as you lifted yourself up and ran up the embankment, laughing.

“Hey.. what- where are you going?!”

He was sitting in the river dumbfounded for a few seconds before realizing you were running down the path, carrying both your shoes and his.

“Yah, where’re you going with my shoes?!”

You ran leisurely down the walkway as he eventually caught up from behind and lightly grabbed one of your wrists.

“Okay. Give me my shoes.”

You turned around with a quick jump in your step and handed them over. Woohyun just looked at you, laughed a little, and slowly reached over to take them back, shivering a bit as he did so.

“… you’re cold?”

“I told you I was freezing back there…”

“I’m sorry..”

“It’s okay. It was… fun,” he said, awkwardly.

You smiled, and he scratched the back of his head.

He really wasn’t anything like you had expected, now.

“I want to get out of these clothes, I think I’ll go home,” you said.

Woohyun scratched his head and nodded.

“Don’t catch a cold. I’ll go home too.”

You leaned over and hugged him.

“Thanks for getting me out of detention… but you know I’m going to get in trouble for it later.”

Woohyun paused.

“Oh, yeah… just… try to avoid that teacher?” he suggested, stuttering a little and unsure of what to say.

He cautiously hugged you back and you laughed.

“We’ll see what happens,” you started, “and, thankyou, Woohyun.”

He pulled back, slightly confused.

“For what?”

“For… changing? I guess.”

You turned around and began to skip off.

“I’ll see you tomorrow!” you shouted.

Woohyun smiled, and waved back.

“O.. okay.”

He watched you turn the corner, and before he turned to head off, he smiled brightly to himself.

*Finally, I’m not the bad guy anymore…*

 

* * * * *

 

aw Woohyun~ idk why i'm doing this to my readers. LOL