07

Because it's You.

 

this might be the only update for a few days,
since I have school and other stuff, and won't have enough time to write any more for a while ; u;

but ilu all so here's your update~!

 

* * * * *

 

You walked down to the corner shop, dressed in an oversized sweater with shorts and tights, a black knitted hat, and some comfy boots. It was sunny out, but the breeze was fairly cold. As you turned the corner, you noticed there was noone at the shop yet.

*He must not be here yet..*

You were breathing on the store window, drawing shapes in the fog when you heard a voice call from behind you.

“Yah, ~~~-ah.”

“Oh, Sungyeol!”

You smiled brightly and he looked at you for a second.

*Her.. her smile..*

“Sungyeol… is something wrong?”

He shook his head and smiled back at you.

“Nothing at all! Uh.. did you have somewhere in particular you wanted to go?”

“Nope, I thought you’d be taking me somewhere.”

He looked around him and scratched the back of his head.

“Yeaaahh well… I didn’t really think it out properly. But since we’re near the park…”

“I like the park..”

You were somewhat nervous around him. After all, he was still part of Infinite. But nonetheless, you seemed like you could be more… comfortable around him. He seemed a lot nicer than the others.

“Alright.”

He took hold of one of your hands and you followed him towards the park.

 

* * * * *

 

The two of you stayed quiet for a while, pacing through the park beside one another without saying a word. It was a little awkward, but it didn’t look like the either of you minded. You took in a deep breath of the cool air and smiled. Sungyeol stole a glance at you, but when you turned to him he looked away.

“So… you watch dramas huh?”

Sungyeol looked over at you with a curious expression.

“Yeah, I own a lot of them. Too many, really.”

You laughed to yourself. It was almost silly how many you owned.

“Is that so? We should … watch one sometime.”

“What, together?”

“Yeah, why not?”

He nervously laughed as you looked up at him with a blank face, unsure of how to respond.

“Maybe.”

His face dropped almost instantly, as if he’d been rejected. You noticed and punched him playfully in the arm, skipping ahead of him to the swings on the nearby playground.

“Sure, sounds like fun.”

You took a seat and began to swing back and forth. Sungyeol hadn’t moved from the spot where you had told him maybe. He laughed off his slight embarrassment, and slowly made his way over to the other swing.

“Sungyeol?” you started, slowing yourself to a stop.      

“Yeah?”

“You… really are part of Infinite, right?”

He nodded.

“How come you’re so… different to the rest of them?”

“Do you know the rest of them?”

You opened your mouth to reply, but thought to yourself before shaking your head. You really didn’t know them. Not personally. They may act like tough idiots at school, but maybe to people they’re close to, they’re not like that at all.

“Don’t worry, with the way they act around everyone, I’m not surprised.”

“Then how come you’re nice to me, and they’re not?”

He took a moment before attempting to answer your question.

“Well…”

His phone began ringing and he gestured for you to wait a minute while he took the call.

 

“Yah, Sungjong.
Aniyaaa~ I’m … I’m busy.
Doing what? No I’m not going to tell you!
I don’t have to tell you everything Jjong-ah…
come.. her- YAH!
No don’t do that! It’s nothing!
Yah wait….!“

He looked at his phone before putting a hand to his forehead and letting out a heavy sigh.

“Who was that..?” you asked, hesitantly.                                                            

Sungyeol seemed a little annoyed.

“Noone, come on, lets walk.”

He abruptly stole you from the swing and both of you headed up the hill on the other side of the park.

*As long as Sungjong can’t find me, it’s fine.*

“You look worried.” you said, suddenly.

Sungyeol jumped a little and realized you were still walking closely beside him.

“Oh, no it’s nothing.”

“Someone bothering you?”

“… a little.”

Then came the sound Sungyeol really didn’t want to hear.

“HYUUUUUUUNG~~”

You jumped backwards in time to get the full view of Sungyeol being body-tackled into the ground by a younger boy, quite smaller in stature. You stood, hands cupped over your face, watching Sungyeol be crushed by this younger boy who seemed oh-so familiar.

“HYUNG~ WHY DIDN’T YOU WANT ME TO COME?!” the younger one whined in a playful tone.

“SUNG- SUNGJONG-AH GET OFF!”

“WAEEEYOOO~~??”

“JJONG. NOW.”

He pushed Sungjong off of him with his long legs, picked himself up and dusted off the gravel stuck to his jacket and pants. You were still standing in the same position, hands over your mouth, watching him closely. He shook his head and looked back over at you.

“S-sungyeol-ah… are you okay?” you asked, voice muffled by your hands.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Ignore him.” he replied.

Sungjong then walked over from behind and swung an arm over Sungyeol’s shoulder.

“So, hyung~ why’d you..”

His eyes stopped on you and he quickly looked you up and down twice.

“Who’s she?”

You opened your mouth to introduce yourself, but were interrupted.

“I don’t know her.” he bluntly stated.

“Aw, too bad. She’s cute.” Sungjong pouted.

Sungyeol shot him a glare, ignoring the wide-eyed expression you were now giving the both of them.

“I.. um..”

You didn’t know what to say, and before you had time to think, Sungjong had started pulling on Sungyeol’s arm .

“Hyung~~ Woohyun and Hoya are waiting for us in the car! We’re going to the amusement park~”

He really acted like a 10 year old.

Sungyeol shrugged him off, but Sungjong protested and crossed his arms.

“Come on~ we’re going!” he said.

You looked down and turned around to walk off.

Sungyeol noticed, but was already being pulled in the opposite direction. He looked back at you with an apologetic sigh, and continued along to the car, led by Sungjong.

You glanced behind you, but they were already far away, and neither of them were looking in your direction. You thought you may as well go home.

 

* * * * *

 

are my readers dead yet?
please don't be too mad at Yeol okay? 

; n;

I will try and update soon <3
please comment and let others know~ I like hearing opinions~ c: