05

Because it's You.

 

hello all~~ hehe impatient Marj is impatient.
LOL saranghae, here's your update.

 

* * * * *

 

The palm around your face lightened its grip and you pushed yourself away from the unidentified person.

“WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, DRAGGING ME INTO AN ALLEYWAY LIKE THAT-“

You looked over your shoulder, made an awkward face and furrowed your eyebrows.

“You’re… that boy..”

He took a breath and scratched the back of his neck before shrugging.

“Yeah?”

Your eyes widened. *He’s the one that helped me with my books that time… but what is he doing here?*

The silence was broken when he began to speak.

“Don’t think I pulled you in here to… do anything…” he said, unsure of his own words.

You were confused as to what was going on, but giggled slightly at his reply, and how he seemed to be just as confused as yourself.

“…then.. why did you do.. that?”

He sighed and spoke softly.

“I didn’t really want Woohyun to chase you down and scare the hell out of you, you know? He’s like that sometimes…. even I think it’s a bit much when he’s like that. Trust me, I’m around it a lot.”

You were surprised with what he was saying. It was him. Sungyeol, of Infinite. The one that attended a different school. What’s more, he was protecting you from his own friend. That couldn’t be right.

“You’re trying to say…?”

He looked up a few times before speaking again.

“Um… I saved you from being hunted down by … a beast?”

You couldn’t help but laugh at his reply.

He leant his head to the side.

“What’s so funny?”

You paused your giggling.

“And here I was thinking you’d be just like the rest of them…”

“Hey… what- I’m still his friend you know! I can call him right now and tell him where we are if you’re not gonna be thankful!”

He pulled out his mobile phone and held it up with Woohyun’s number on the screen.

“Psh.. you wouldn’t..”

He pressed the call button and your eyes widened.

*He actually pressed it?!*

You swung a hand in his direction, reaching for the phone as you heard the dial tone. He rose it above his head, out of your reach.

*Curse this boy’s long legs! He’s giant!*

“I told you I would!” he repeated a few times.

“Turn it off! Or .. something! Don’t tell him where I am!!”

He swung it around above him as you made numerous failed attempts to get it.

“Hey, calm down-“

“Give. It. Here!”

You jumped as high as you could and stole the phone straight from his hands.

“Aha!”

You closed it and stopped the call, dancing around on the spot.

“I got it~ I got it~” you chanted in a teasing tone.

You were too busy to notice when he came up in front of you and backed you into the wall. Your face instantly switched from a smile to one of confusion and concern, and he was that close, that you could almost feel his breath on you.

“Um..”

You dropped the phone immediately.

He giggled, almost like a schoolboy,  as he turned in the opposite direction. It didn’t really seem to match the Sungyeol you just got a second or two of.

“Don’t try that again~”

You released the breath you didn’t know you had been holding and looked at your feet, as he paced back and forth through the alleyway. After a minute, his eyes fixed back onto you.

You opened your mouth to say something, but he spoke first.

“Are you going to just stand there then?”

“I…I. No…”

You looked back down and felt around in your pockets before realizing your phone was gone.

*Damn it! It must have fallen out when I was running from Woohyun!!*

“Something wrong?” Sungyeol asked, making his way back over to you.

“Ah… nothing, it’s okay.”

Your face grew more and more upset as you repetitively patted your pockets in every layer of clothing you were wearing. *Ugh I really did lose it…*

Sungyeol started laughing.

“What?!”

“Looking for this?”

He held your phone out to you.

“That’s not funny!!”

You snatched it back from him and stuck out your tongue. Sungyeol just watched you, and smiled, small.

“You’d better get back.” he said.

You nodded in agreement and began to leave of the walkway.

“Be careful around Woohyun, okay? I don’t trust him with .. girls like you.”

You weren’t exactly sure what he meant by that, but you smiled and waved with your fingers; then continued walking back onto the pathway, leaving him alone in the alley.

You turned around to wave a second time, but he was already gone.

As you reached the carpark where your mother was, you saw her growing furious at you from the distance.

*Oh no, here we go…*

“JUST WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, YOUNG LADY? WALKING OFF LIKE THAT FOR AGES WITHOUT ME KNOWING WHERE YOU ARE?”

“Calm down mom, I’m right here… and I had my phone. Nothing happened…” you said.

She tugged you over to the car and you got in while she continued ranting about rapists and murderers and all the same things she worried about every single time you went somewhere alone.

*Yeah, I know I know….*

You opened your phone to check your messages, but it was already open on a draft.

                ‘ If anything happens… or if … you’re just bored, my number is 041x xxx xxx. ^^;; ’

You subconsciously smiled and closed your phone again.

 

* * * * *

 

iejgfesoirgjighsr I hope this update is okay.
thankyou new subscribers I love you all and here Marj enjoy your update ok? LOL <3

i'll update again really~~~ soon!