18

Because it's You.

ugh i'm still sick T-T~
hopefully i'll get better soon so I can post more updates ...
and think up even better ones for you guys~ ke~

but I HAVE managed to write some so here is your update!

 

* * * * *

 

 

He finished boiling the kettle and handed over the steaming hot cup of cocoa. Soon the two of you had completely forgotten about Woohyun crashing in, the thunderstorms, being drenched and freezing cold. Sungyeol had gotten the fire going in the corner of the lounge room and the two of you were sitting beside it.

“Okay, your… favorite place to go to?” he took another sip of his hot chocolate.

“I like… quiet places. Like libraries, I like to read.”

“Really? I wouldn’t have thought~”

“You obviously don’t know me that well then huh?” you giggled at him as he made a pouting face.

“Okay. Hmmm… your favorite music?” you asked.

“I like a lot of music~ too much to say~ what about …” he paused for a second, and you blew on your hot chocolate which was still boiling hot.

“When.. did you have your … your first kiss?”

He laughed nervously, and buried his face into hig mug of hot chocolate.

“Mine? I haven’t had it yet.”

“…chincha?”

“Chincha..”

Sungyeol was surprised at your reply.

“A beautiful girl like you has never had a boyfriend…?”

“…what?”

You were sure your mind was making things up, that you didn’t just hear that. It was only when Sungyeol began to bite his lip and panic a little inside when you could tell he actually said it.

“What about you Sungyeol?”

He straightened himself up and looked back at you.

“Me?”

“Yeah… have you? Had a girlfriend..”

“N-no…”

You both exchanged glances for a while.

“I’ve never even liked anyone before…” you suddenly said, still holding the mug close to your face.

“Not even a crush?”

You shook your head.

Sungyeol was a little disappointed. Sure, he’d had a crush. He was positive.

“You?”

And right now, that crush was you.

“Maybe..” he replied.

The room fell silent. It had become awkward again for the first time in a while. He couldn’t take his eyes off of you.

“Actually,” he began again, “I’m pretty sure.”

It was then that you realised what he meant. He sat his hot chocolate down on  the table and slowly shifted closer to you, one hand coming up to cup the side of your face.

You swallowed. You weren’t ready for that. Or were you? Nothing made sense to you at that moment. You just took in everything. The feel of his soft hands, your heart thumping harder than it ever had before. You couldn’t hear anything but the crackling of the fire and the both of you, unsteadily breathing.

You moved your hand over his, and looked down. There was no mistaking you were nervous. But so was Sungyeol. He removed the cup of hot chocolate you were still holding and sat it on the floor next to you, then brought his eyes back to yours.

You took in a deep breath and managed to look back too.

He leaned in closer, exploring your eyes. It felt like he had discovered another universe, being close to you. His heart thudding hard in his chest, he wrapped an arm around your back and pulled you in, locking your lips with his own.

In that moment, you felt like the world had imploded, and nothing else existed but you, and him. You kissed him back. You’d never done this before. You weren’t even sure if you were doing anything wrong, anything right. Sungyeol didn’t either; but to both of you, it felt perfect.

Sungyeol gently pulled away, his cheeks bright red. You blinked a few times, and leaned back against the wall behind you. It was still silent, and every time you made eye contact, you giggled nervously and looked away.

“Uhh…”

Sungyeol found it hard to begin a sentence, but suggested you watch a movie. You agreed. There was no way you would be able to finish it, though.

It was getting really late, and you yawned, your eyes were glazed and staring at the screen, but you weren’t paying much attention to it. Sungyeol’s legs had become your pillow. He gently ran a hand through your hair, and then rested it on your shoulder.

“~~~-ah..”

There was no response from you. You had fallen asleep. Your face was expressionless, calm. He watched you breathe in and out, repositioning yourself a little every now and then.

He cautiously moved from underneath you, before picking you up off of the couch and carrying you to his room. He laid you down on the bed, pulling the covers over you and leaning down to kiss your forehead.

“Thank you…” he whispered, close to your ear.

“…for.. what..?” you mumbled, still half asleep.

“… for liking me back.”

You smiled small, your eyes still closed, and returned back to your deep sleep.

He took another minute to admire you, before returning to the lounge room, and setting up a place for himself to sleep on the couch.

*I’m glad I met you, ~~~-ah..*

He drifted off to sleep.

 

* * * * *

 

saheg;esrityjhejbten I hope this was okay. ^^
hopefully i'll get rid of this cold real soon so I can write better ><