27

Because it's You.

hello everyone~ I know you've all been waiting patiently for an update,
so here's a little bit of one.... holidays are sooooo close now ><

 

* * * * *

 

 

You could hear Sungyeol’s car pull up in the driveway. Your mom called out to you, as you were still in the bathroom fixing your hair. It wasn’t agreeing with you at all today.

“Sungyeol’s here, ~~~-ah~”

“Just… give me a minute!”

You fiddled around with your hair but no matter what you did, it seemed to do the opposite of what you wanted. You gave up and put it in a giant side plait.

*This’ll have to do.*

You nodded at the mirror and walked out into the hallway.

Sungyeol was standing at the door in a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and a plain white t-shirt. He paused his talking and took a moment to look at you as you walked up to him.

“…~~~..-ah..”

You blinked once or twice and smiled, small.

“You two have fun tonight okay? Oh and take some of the brownies with you. I’m sure the others will like them too.”

Your mom handed Sungyeol the container and waved the two of you out the door.

Once the door had closed behind you, Sungyeol slipped a hand into yours, intertwining your fingers. He swung it back and forth like a little boy.

“You look… really beautiful tonight. Just thought you should know…”

“You look handsome, yourself.”

You squeezed his hand.

Sungyeol opened the door for you and you stepped into the car, and once he had gotten in, you drove off to Myungsoo’s place. That’s where the barbeque was at, tonight.

“Have I met Myungsoo?” you asked.

Sungyeol kept his eyes on the road.

“I .. don’t think you’ve met Myungsoo, Dongwoo or Hoya. Or Sunggyu, either.”

“They’re all going to be there?”

“Of course, all of us will be there~”

You laughed. Silly, of course all of them would be there. They’re practically like brothers, right?

Not long after, you pulled up at a small apartment. Sungyeol helped you out of the car and pointed to the second level.

“His apartment is that one.”

Taking hold of your hand again, he led you to the second floor, pressing the doorbell a few times. Hoya opened the door, revealing the two of you.

“About time you showed up!! We’ve got the barbeque going in the courtyard. We’re taking things down.”

Dongwoo nudged past you.

“Yah~ Sungyeol-ah! Bring down some stuff! I’m not taking it all~”

He shoved a tray onto Sungyeol’s free hand and looked back at you.

“Oh, you’re ~~~-ah, right? Grab something and join us~”

You smiled and walked into the apartment, following Hoya who pointed over at something small for you to carry. Sungyeol insisted he take everything though, and you ended up walking back to the courtyard empty handed.

The courtyard was only small, but had a big wooden park table in the middle that could fit all of you. When you walked out, everyone waved and greeted you. You were a little shy, but they all seemed nice to be around.

Sungjong ran up and hugged you.

“~~~-ahhh! Hello~~”

Sungyeol glared at him a little as he squished the air out of you. You looked up at him and shrugged.

“I’m glad you came~” Sungjong let go of you, and returned to help the others. So did Sungyeol.

You took a seat at the table and watched them all, but mostly paid attention to Sungyeol. You felt the seat move a little, and at the very end of the table, Woohyun had sat down. You avoided eye contact.

Sungyeol walked up behind you and leant down, so his face was close to yours, then put his hands on your arms. You turned around and quickly pecked his cheek, and he laughed at you.

Woohyun scoffed, just loud enough for you to notice, and left the table.

Myungsoo walked past him, eyeing Woohyun, and approached you; taking a bite of one of the brownies you had brought with you.

“Wah, these are really good~”

Sungyeol pointed at you.

“She brought them with her.”

“Really? I should thank you then.”

You shook your head a little.

“Don’t thank me, my mom made them.”

He smiled a little, and took a seat beside you at the table.

You heard Hoya yell at the barbeque as a cloud of smoke rose from it. Dongwoo was holding his stomach, fighting back laughter with a giant smile across his face. It was contagious, you began to giggle at the commotion.

After they had gotten the barbeque back under control and the food was done cooking, everyone took a seat and passed dinner around the table. There was a bunch of noise and conversation going on, you didn’t feel awkward at all sitting amongst them all. It was only every now and then you’d look to the end of the table, and Woohyun would avoid your gaze.

 

* * * * *

 

lol i'm starting to feel bad for Woohyun. OTL

holidays, come faster! I want to write more ; A;