20

Because it's You.

hey everyone~ sorry for slow updates,
but i've been losing inspiration and have a heap of homework ><

but I hope you all like this update <3

 

* * * * *

 

 

He grabbed his coat, and keys, and you both went out to his car. He walked faster ahead of you and opened the door for you, and you slipped into the passenger seat. As he got in the other side, he looked over at you.

“Whereabouts do you live?”

You told him the address and he started the car.

Throughout the car ride, everything was pretty quiet. Sungyeol was concentrating on driving and you were busy worrying about what would happen once you walked through that door.

You finally pulled up on your street and Sungyeol could tell you were worried.

“Mom's going to be really angry… that I didn’t tell her I was staying the night.”

He didn’t really know what to say.

“I’m sure everything will be alright if you just explain what happened?”

You nodded unsurely at him and he put and hand on your shoulder, then he shyly leaned in and kissed your cheek.  Your eyes widened for a second, and you stepped out of the car. Letting out a small giggle and waving with your fingers, you smiled and walked to your door. Sungyeol waved back and watched you walk in the opposite direction.

You nervously walked up your steps and took our your key, but before you put it in the door, it opened. Your mom was looking at you, and it wasn’t with a happy expression. You didn’t know what to say.

“Mom.. uh, I can explain.”

“Where were you?”

“I stayed at a friend’s…”

“Obviously, because you weren’t back here.”

“I’m here now though…”

“Why didn’t you tell me where you were going?”

“It was raining and cold and I…”

“I’ve heard enough. Never do that again. You’re grounded.”

“G-grounded?!”

You’d never been grounded before. Your mom seemed genuinely angry at you, she’d never been like this.

“That’s the last time I want you lying.”

“BUT I DIDN’T LIE. I JUST FORGOT TO TELL-“

“I SAID ENOUGH, GET INSIDE RIGHT -"

“It was my fault.”

You turned around suddenly, and Sungyeol was walking up to the door behind you. Your mother paused her bickering and took a minute to study the boy.

“I- I’m sorry. I’m Sungyeol. I’m the one that took ~~~-ah for dinner last night…”

She didn’t reply.

“She stayed at my house because she fell asleep on the couch..”

You shot a look at him, and you didn’t know whether to be worried or okay with what he had said, but you went along with it anyway.

“On your couch?” your mom tilted her head.

“She was tired, I didn’t want to wake her up.”

Your mom’s expression softened when she realized he was being genuine.

“Is that so, huh?”

You both looked at each other, then back at your mom, and nodded.

“Well, I guess that’s nice of you, not to wake her up…”

Your face brightened a little at her approval of Sungyeol.

“But, you’re still grounded. For a week.”

“Oh, mom…”

“Not a word. One week’s not that long anyway. I’m sure the two of you can live without each other.”

You grumbled a few words and scrunched up your face. Sungyeol looked a little disappointed, and he put a hand on your back. You looked back over at him and pouted.

“I’m sorry,” he started.

“It’s not your fault!”

You pointed at your mom and gave her a look.

“It’s hers.”

“Want to be grounded for longer?”

“No…”

“Sorry… Sungyeol was it? I don’t mean to be rude but, I think I’ll have a talk to ~~~-ah.”

Sungyeol understood and before he left, quietly spoke to you.

“I’ll see you again soon, hopefully.”

You looked at your feet and smiled, and he left back to his car.

Your mom pointed inside the house, and you trudged inside before she did, herself.

“I don’t understand why you have to ground me…” you began.

“I didn’t really want to, ~~~-ah, but when you didn’t answer me, or come home last night, I really got worried. I don’t want you ever doing that again.”

“I was with Sungyeol the whole time, mom…”

“How would I have known that? Something could have happened and I wouldn’t have had a clue.”

“But nothing did, I’m fine…”

Your mother sighed.

“I’m still not ‘un-grounding’ you, ~~~-ah.”

You knew at this point there was no point in trying to get her to change her mind. This decision was very much final. You made a somewhat disgusted face.

“I’ll be in my room.”

You walked off.

A whole week without Sungyeol wouldn’t be that hard… right?

It didn’t help that he was all you could seem to think about, though. Sitting in his lounge room, his soft hands, his eyes; that amazing feeling you had when he got closer to you.

Maybe it was going to be harder than you thought.

 

* * * * *

 

hopefully I get more inspiration soon~ i'll update when I can <3