04

Because it's You.

 

*What is he doing here?!*

He wasn’t facing exactly in your direction, but close enough. You panicked a little.

*If he sees me here… his reputation is bad enough! What should I do?!*

The menu was such a great camouflage - not.

You heard steps walking in your direction and grew nervous.

“Your order, miss?”

“O-oh… thankyou..”

You said it as quietly as you could, but as she put your plate down, he looked in your direction.

The waitress left, and all you could do was avoid eye contact. You were actually genuinely scared right now. Not just because he was one of the ‘kingkas’, but because he was that kingka.

You picked up your chopsticks and took a bite of your meal. A shadow passed over you and you flinched a little. Just above, Woohyun was looking down at you with a somewhat fierce expression. You nervously looked back up at him and stuttered.

“U-um…?”

Your voice shook uncontrollably, unsure of what he wanted from you.

“What are you doing all the way out here huh?”

He crossed his arms and stared at you.

A confused expression crossed your face.

*I could ask you the same thing…*

Then you replied ever so quietly,

“Am I not.. allowed to be here?”

He looked away for a second, muttering.

“Well.. but.. I mean, yeah. Why are you here?”

He stood firmly again.

“I… I’m waiting..”

“Oh, yeah? For who, or what?”

You bit your lip.                 

“Can you please just leave me alone?”

After realizing what you just said, you looked down at your plate.

*… crap!*

“Leave you alone?”

He took a seat opposite you.

“Give me one reason why I should do what you say.”

*Why is he being like this? I’ve never done anything to him!!*

“B-be… because..”

Your mind spinning in circles, you found yourself unable to think of a reason.

“I guess I’ll just sit here and wait for my answer then.”

He leaned further into the chair and swung one arm over the back of it, smirking. As he did so, the waitress, slightly confused, returned and placed the drink he had ordered on the table. He picked it up, still watching you closely, and took a sip.

You were unsure of what to do.

“Are you normally this mute?”

You straightened up a bit and leaned in for your drink. At the same time, he also leaned in.

“Oh right, I forgot, you’re the quiet girl.

You really didn’t like being stereotyped as the ‘quiet girl.’ You knew a lot of people at your school called you that, but being told to your face was something you didn’t want to tolerate.

“Well you’re nothing but a hot-headed kingka who thinks he’s all that and more, that you can get whatever you want.”

His eyes widened, taken aback by your sudden outburst of insult.

“What did you just-“

“I think I’ll be leaving now so if you’ll excuse me…”

You put some money on the table, rose from your seat and headed towards the door, but a hand caught your wrist. You flinched and turned to face him again.

“You think you can insult me like that and just walk away from it?”

He sighed and laughed to himself.

“...yes.”

You abruptly pulled your wrist from his hand and made your way out the door at a rather fast pace, hoping he wouldn’t follow.

Of course, that wasn’t going to happen.

“Hey!”

You walked a little faster when you heard his footsteps from behind. He wasn’t running,  but he could definitely walk a lot faster than you and your tiny legs.

“I said- ugh, come back here!”

Your fast walking turned into more of a sprint when you reached the next store and you bolted down the strip, Woohyun not far behind you.

Turning the corner, your eyes widened as you tripped and fell straight into someone’s chest.

“Ah!!! I’m sorry I didn’t mean to-“

A hand cupped your mouth and you were pulled into a narrow walkway. You heard Woohyun yell a few choice curse words before scratching his head.

*Maybe I shouldn’t have… ugh. Never mind.*

 He stormed off, unsure of where you had disappeared to. 

 

* * * * *

 

hehe another update for you all~
this chapter was a bit... strange huh?
to be honest I don't know what I was writing BUT now we all know that Woohyun's a bit of an .. LOL 

there might be a double update today if I feel like it <3

thankyou to new subscribers too ~