23

Because it's You.

well.

she snuck out hehe~ let's see what happens >:3

 

* * * * *

 

 

 

It was about 12:30am, and you had wrapped yourself up in some warm clothing, and packed a small bag with your phone, and a few other small things you always carried around with you. Once you got past the door to your parents’ room in the hallway, you dashed for the front door, being ever so quiet at the same time, especially as you opened and closed it.

You took a breath of the cool night air and headed for the place you’d agreed to meet him. Your heart was beating fast, you really couldn’t wait to see him. As you got closer, your eyes glistened when you saw a figure waiting by the pathway.

You quickened your pace and fast-walked closer.

“Sungyeol-ah!” you called.

He turned around.

“Oh, ~~~-ah~”

It was incredibly dark and the two of you could hardly see each other with what little light was coming from the streetlamp behind him.

You stepped towards him, greeting him with a hug. But something didn’t feel right. You took a step back.

It wasn’t Sungyeol.

Your tone of voice changed immediately.

“Why are you.. here…”

He contemplated his answer before speaking up.

“Would it sound stupid if I said Sungyeol wasn’t the only one who wanted to see you?”

Woohyun stepped closer, but you moved away.

“I thought you hated me, why would you want to see me…” you had the look of utmost confusion plastered across your face.

Before you had time to say anything else, an arm wrapped around your waist and pulled you in. You weren’t sure of what to do.

“Woohyun-“

He leaned in abruptly and stole you with a rough kiss. You attempted to push him away, but you couldn’t. You gasped in shock, giving him just enough time to slide in his tongue. Your back was forced up against the brick wall, and his free hand came up to the side of your face, lightly tracing your jawline with his finger.

You closed your eyes. You didn’t know what he was doing, why he was doing it; and you didn’t even want him to do it. But for some reason, you didn’t tell him to stop, either.

Woohyun broke away from you only for a second to catch his breath, then locked his lips back onto yours, biting into your bottom lip. You couldn’t protest. As much as you wanted to, it was no use. Woohyun had you wrapped around his pinky finger, and in only a matter of seconds.

So the both of you stood there together, under the street light in the frosty alleyway; close enough to stay warm from each others’ body heat.

You snapped out of your daze and pushed him off of you.

“Wha- w… what was that?!?!”

You rubbed your now red and swollen lip, and looked at him with the most unforgiving glare.

He sighed, looking at you with a remorseful expression. He really didn’t like it when you looked at him like that.

“Well?! Ugh!”

You turned around abruptly and stomped off in the direction of your house. However, a hand caught your forearm and pulled you back.

“I confess,” Woohyun began. He took in a deep breath, and told you.

“Ever since you first transferred to this school as a freshman, I’ve had my eyes on you. Not just because I thought you were pretty, but because you were different. You really were… well, the quiet girl, and I liked that about you…”

You had no idea how to respond. You just stood there, completely still, not a single word on your lips.

“Because I was so known for this ‘reputation’ I had built up since I myself was a freshman, I had to stop myself, to stay away from you. But that day…”

Woohyun looked into your eyes, and swollowed hard.

“That day when I found out you were going out with Sungyeol, I couldn’t take it anymore. When I saw you at his house, in his clothes…”

You looked down at your feet, turning red.

“When I found out that you liked him, it only then made me realize how badly I wanted only you.”

He took one of your hands and traced his thumb over it.

“I couldn’t just stand back and watch the two of you be together. For you to be with him. I want you to know how I feel, too.”

You remained in the same spot for another few seconds, unable to comprehend what you had just heard. Slowly pulling you hand away from his, you opened your mouth to speak, but were lost for words.

“Woohyun, I….”

You shook your head in disbelief and held your hands to your face.

“I can’t do this.”

Without another word, you spun around on the spot and sprinted for home.

Woohyun leaned against the bricks and looked down, before lifting a hand and forcefully punching the wall behind him.

The only good thing out of this was that now, you knew.

But what what were the chances you’d choose him, over Sungyeol? After all, to you, Woohyun had always been the one you’d avoided  all through high school.

You had Sungyeol.
It was too late for him, now.

 

* * * * *

 

WHEW.

poor woohyun, eh~