16

Because it's You.

 

sliiiightly longer update. :3
I have exams for the next two weeks so please bear with me! it's study study study right now ㅠㅠ

 

* * * * *

 

The weather became quite cold, but you found a spot away from the wind and sat down together to eat your tteokbokki. The two of you watched each other as you ate, giggling every now and then. As awkward as it may have seemed, you both enjoyed it, just spending that time with each other.

You finished up your meal first, and skipped over to the bin to put your rubbish away.

Sungyeol put out a hand and gestured you to move to the left of the trash can.

“You can’t get it in from there~” you teased.

Surely enough, though, in one shot it landed straight in the bin. Your mouth curved into an 'o' shape, and you playfully applauded him. Sungyeol smiled a little and watched you prance around, giving him your small 'victory dance.'

The two of you walked down the street silently, after that. You looked up at the sky as a low rumble of thunder echoed through the clouds. You looked around cautiously and felt a shiver run down your spine. You hadn’t told anyone, but you hated thunderstorms.

“You okay, ~~~-ah?”

He had a concerned look on his face.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine. I think it might rain, though.”

“You’re right. Maybe even storm.”

You cringed at the word.

“I hope not…”

A small drop of water hit your nose and you instantly jumped a little. Sungyeol looked over at you and giggled, holding out a hand to the sky. It was beginning to rain.

“We’d better find somewhere under shelter before it pours then,” he suggested.

You agreed and the two of you continued to walk down the strip, searching for somewhere to hide from the oncoming storm. As the thunder grew louder, you found it hard to hide your fear from Sungyeol. You let out a small whimper as it rumbled around in the sky above.

An arm suddenly and unsurely wrapped around your waist and pulled you in, making you lose your footing a little and lean in towards him. You looked up at Sungyeol, but his eyes wondered and he refused to look back at you, his face a little red in color. You smiled.

A bolt of lightning lit the clouds and you cowered into his jacket. Sungyeol’s arm pulled you closer, and all of a sudden you weren’t as scared any more. His warmth comforted you - his steady breathing against you giving you a sense of protection. You’d never felt that kind of feeling before.

“Y-you alright?” he asked.

You simply nodded, face still buried in his thick jacket.

Lightning struck again, but this time it had almost no effect on you. Sungyeol smiled with relief.

“It’s getting really close…”

“Do you know anywhere we can go for shelter…?”

Sungyeol thought for a minute before furrowing his eyebrows. One drop, then another fell onto his face, and yours. In a matter of seconds, rain was falling as if buckets of water were being tipped directly over you.

“Yah! It came out of nowhere!!” you shouted, pulling your hood further forward over your head.

Sungyeol attempted to cover you with his arms as he looked up and down the street for somewhere covered, but there seemed to be nowhere.

“I’m not sure if Sunggyu’s home right now,” he started, “but we can’t stay out in the rain like this...!”

You looked up at Sungyeol, squinting as to prevent the pouring rain from blinding you.

“Plus it’s freezing!! We’ll go back to my place,” he suggested.

He was right, now that the rain was falling it had become insanely cold, and the both of you weren’t exactly wearing suitable clothing. You agreed that going to his flat would be the best idea.

You ran as fast as you could through the rain, Sungyeol leading the way. You reached his front porch in about 5 minutes and stood under the small roof, both puffing from the quick sprint. You were both shivering, somewhere along the way Sungyeol had given you his jacket to protect you from the cold.

“H-here, Sungyeol… t-take your j-jacket.. back…” you barely got out your sentence.

Sungyeol took one look at you and scratched the back of his head, turning to unlock the door.

“Come inside. You’re freezing, look at you.”

The look on your face proved you wanted to protest against him, but you gave in. I mean, it was cold, no, freezing. You weren’t about to stand out there in the rain when being offered inside a warm home.

“O-okay.”

You wrung out your hair a few times before slipping off your shoes and stepping inside.

 

* * * * *

 

wah, how was it? i'll update when I no longer need to study so much~ ㅠㅠ
and thankyou all new subscribers! gosh I never thought i'd get this many LOL <333