Chapter 8

I'm inlove with your bestfriend

 

No One's POV
 
YoSeob felt weak that day. When he's in classes, he didn't pay attention to them. Even when it's lunch time, he didn't eat. He just wants to go home and bury his face on his bed. And Suzy noticed all of it. So she approached her best friend.
 
"Hey, Seob Seob. Are you really okay?" Suzy asked. YoSeob just nodded his head without even looking at her. She sighed, grabbed YoSeob's shoulder and faced him to her.
 
"Yah! Yang YoSeob! Do you think I'm stupid?! We've been best friends since we're kids so I know it if you're okay or not! And I know that you're not okay now! So stop saying that you're okay!" Suzy yelled and a tear escaped her eyes. It's good that there aren't many students left.
 
YoSeob started crying when Suzy said that. She was so right. He hugged her. "I'm sorry, Suzy-ahh. I'm really sorry" He said crying. Suzy just patted his head and rubbed his back.
 
After a few more minutes, YoSeob finally calmed down. He wiped away his tears and smiled at Suzy. "Thank you, Suzy-ahh. I'm glad that you're my bestfriend" YoSeob said. Suzy smiled at him. 
 
"So, can you tell me what's wrong with you?" Suzy asked. YoSeob sighed and looked down. I can't tell her the reason, he thought.
 
"It's really nothing. But I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be fine" YoSeob smiled. Suzy glared at him but sighed.
 
"I guess todays just your period huh" She said smirking and started running. "Yah! I'm not a girl!" YoSeob pouted and started running to catch her. After a couple of minutes playing, they stopped.
 
"So, you're gonna be fine, right?" Suzy asked. YoSeob smiled and nodded. This time, his smile was a real one and Suzy knew it. She smiled too and hugged him.
 
"Just remember that I'll always be here" She said. They broke apart. "Anyway, I gotta go. JunHyung and I have a date tonight. Our first date" Suzy said. And YoSeob's smile disappeared. "Y-Yeah. Good luck then" He said smiling weakly. They said goodbye and went separate ways.
 
= = = =
 
YoSeob's POV
 
I went straight home and went to my room and to my bed. I just stayed there staring at the ceiling.
 
Okay, what happened earlier was really uncalled for. I really have to control myself if I don't want to worry Suzy. I mean, I should be happy for her, right? 
 
I am her best friend after all and she finally found herself a boyfriend that she loves. Which I also love. But I can sacrifice my happiness for her. That's what bestfriends are for.
 
"Starting tomorrow, I'll be fine. I can do this" He said.
 
= = = =
 
The next day...
 
No One's POV
 
YoSeob arrived at the school early as usual. Actually, he was hoping to see JunHyung there too so he can talk to him. And he was lucky because minutes later after he arrived, JunHyung arrived too.
 
"Good Morning, Junnie" YoSeob greeted smiling. JunHyung looked at him and looked away while looking down.
 
"Hey, YoSeob" He replied going to his desk. YoSeob bit his lip. He knew that it will be awkward between them and he didn't want that.
 
"Uhm. Junnie?" He said. JunHyung looked at him. "Yeah?" He asked. "So you and Suzy are finally a couple huh. I'm happy for you" YoSeob said smiling. JunHyung nodded. "Thank you" And he turned to the board. "About the other day..." YoSeob started feeling nervous.
 
= = = =
 
JunHyung's POV
 
I was hoping to avoid this conversation but what choice do I have?
 
"What about the other day?" I asked not looking at him. "I don't w-want it to be a-awkward between us. Can we just forget what happened?" I can tell that he's nervous from the way he talked. I was really nervous myself.
 
"You want me to forget the fact that you confessed to me?" I asked looking at him. He was looking down and playing with the hem of his shirt. I find it cute actually but I have a girlfriend now. He nodded.
 
"I don't want to be awkward with you too, YoSeob. But I can't easily forget about that" I said. He gulped and pouted. "Oh. Okay. But we're still friends, right?" He asked. I turned my back to him.
 
I don't know what to answer to him. I mean YoSeob was the first guy who confessed to me so it's kinda new to me. I don't want to lose him too. We've became so close friends but it will still be awkward between us now. With so many things on my mind now, I just replied, "Yeah"
 
The other students arrived and the teacher arrived too and started the class.
 
= = = =
 
YoSeob's POV
 
I'm glad that we're still gonna be friends. I thought that I was gonna lose him. I don't want to lose him. I'll die. Okay that's
abit much but its the truth.
 
After classes were done, I went to JunHyung to ask him to go to lunch. We always go to lunch together and with Suzy sometimes. "Junnie, wanna go and have some lunch now?" I asked smiling. "Uhm, I can't. I promised Suzy I'll have lunch with her. See ya" He said and got up and walked away.
 
Okay, I thought we are still friends but is he avoiding me? I tried to get the thought out of my head and just went to the cafeteria. I can't find him or Suzy anywhere so I texted Suzy. After a minute, she texted back. She said they're in the rooftop.
 
I guess I have to get used to this. Them happy and me hurting inside. Well, at least they're happy right?
 
The day passed and I can tell that JunHyung is starting to avoid me now. How did I know? Well, for starters, he doesn't call me Seobie now instead YoSeob or sometime YoSeob-sshi. Second, when I'm trying to talk to him, he would reply with a "yeah", "no" or "sorry, i have something to do". It kills me inside little by little but I just say to myself that he's just busy. That's all.
 
These patterns repeated for a week. And every day of that week, I went to my room and cried my eyes out. And when Suzy asked me, I just smiled and say, "It's nothing. I'll be better tomorrow" But yesterday was the day I hate the most. I didn't even go to school even though I went there. I mean, when I got there, I immediately get out and went home. I can still remember it.
 
=Flashback=
 
I went to the school feeling empty, tired and hurt like these past days. I didn't go to school early and always come late or last minute. But when I came to my room and sat on my desk, I noticed JunHyung and his other friends talking.
 
"Hey, dude. You know what happened to me yesterday?" One of his friends asked. Lets just call him #1. "What?" Another of his friends asked. Lets call him #2 "A guy confessed to me" #1 replied. My eyes shot up and I started to listen to what they say.
 
"Wow, what did you do?" asked #2. "I turned him down. As if I'm gonna fall for him. I don't like guys. I like girls" #1 said. "Yeah. That's really pathetic, right Jun?" #2 said. My heart beats faster now when I heard his name. "Yeah. Guys are supposed to like girls" He said.
 
Ouch! That shot to my heart. My eyes started getting watery. Someone tapped my shoulder but I didn't care who it is. Turns out it was Suzy.
 
"Seob Seob, are you okay? You're crying" She said. Why did you say that? From the corner of my eye, I saw JunHyung looked at me. I can't look at him. I stood up, grabbed my bag and got out of the room and went to my home. And in there, I cried my eyes out.
 
=End of Flashback=
 
I didn't go to school today because I don't want to and my mother understand that. I just need time to figure things out. My phone suddenly rang and I picked it up. It was Suzy. I feel so bad making my bestfriend worry so much for me. I replied her and went to the bathroom to take a bath. After washing up, I picked my phone again and saw Gikwang texted me. He said he wanted to meet up again. A perfect time to figure things out. I'm sure GiKwang can help me.
 
 
 
 
 
= = = = =
 
Author's Note:
 
Here's an update ^^
 
Is it okay? If its a fail, then I'm sorry. But I hope you guys will like this ^^
 
Thanks for the comments. You guys rock ^^b