Thinking About You

When Jinki Takes Care of Me {Precious Life Sequel}
I had slept until the next morning and woke up at dawn. I found myself waking up from a cold sweat and overwhelmed at the thought that my wife was in the hospital. I got up from where I was lying down to go check on her, and saw Key who was wide awake.
 
"Did you rest well?"
 
"Yeah... I'm still tired but just wanted to check on Zoe to see her progression. Did any of the doctors stop by with any new information?"
 
"Yeah they said she seems to be doing well but as she wakes up she need to eat because the baby hasn't eaten, but we have to check with the doctor to see what is appropriate for her to eat."
 
I felt glad to here my wife was gradually showing progress and hopefully I could get her home soon to Amie and cook them both a nice meal. I missed my daughter so decided to call her.
 
"Hey Amie! How is appa's little girl doing? I hope your being good to your uncles. Appa misses you so much."
 
"Appa I miss you and mommy, where are you? When will you come back home? Why did Key oppa leave?" She said shooting questions at him in her cute whiney voice. Hearing her voice made me miss her more.
 
"Umma and Appa will be home soon don't worry. Key oppa will be there to visit later on but appa can't come because appa is with umma right now. She's not feeling well. When I get home I promise I'll play with you like we did before I left, ok?"
 
"Appa you have to come play now, I want umma and I want her to get better. I miss you both."
 
"I miss you more Amie, but appa can't come home now but I promise I'll be home soon, Saranghaeyo." I said feeling terrible that I couldn't tell my daughter about what was going on because she was too young to understand.
 
"Arreseo, saranghaeyo." Amie said sadly. 
 
"Appa loves you more."
 
I decided to let the tears fall down my face because I knew how much my daughter missed me but I couldn't be with her because I had to be with her mom. I knew I shouldn't worry since she seemed to be doing well with my dongsengs, and no calls has been made with any about Amie's behavior. I turned to Zoe, who was still sleeping and I watched her respirate and she seemed to be breathing at a normal rate. 
 
"Do you think I should wake her up, she really needs to eat?" I asked Key feeling the need to wake her up so she knew I was there and just to hear her voice, even if she mumbled one one from .
 
"I'm not sure on what to get her to eat. She may feel nauseous when she wakes up. I think we should check with the doctors, so we know what she can and to see if they just wanted allow her to rest. But I don't know why they would let her go hours without eating because she's pregnant." Key stated making a good point.
 
"I'll just call the doctor or nurse in." The nurse had arrived quite quickly.

"We were just wondering if it would be okay to wake her up so she could eat, she hasn't eaten since she has gotten here." 

"Yes that would be fine, and I'll tell you what's healthy for her to eat since nauseous may kick in once she is awake. It would be good for her to start off eating soft things and easy to swallow such as yogurt, oatmeal, porridge, and soup. Also a drink with ginger or lemon and limes would keep down the nausea. I would give her food in small portions in case she has morning sickness due to the medicine she's taking right now through the IV. If you have any questions let me know." She smiled then walked out.
 
I didn't hesitate to take the nurses advice and woke up Zoe while Key went to get her breakfast. I lightly tapped her and called her name.
 
"Zoe-yah, it's time for you to wake up and eat." She was in a deep sleep but after a few taps she woke up. As she opened her eyes she looked at me in confusion.
 
"Why am I here and who are you?"
 
My heart was broken once again. All I could think about is the Chris Brown song she always sang, 'Remember My Name'. I was hoping she wouldn't forget my name. I didn't say anything because I knew her memory would come back soon, but I didn't think she would forget me over night. Key had returned with her food.
 
"Hyung are you ok? You look worse than before I left."
 
"Key she doesn't remember me, but I have a strong feeling her mind will soon process everything again and remember me."
 
"Ahh, hyung you know that's apart of her condition and you'll have to live through it, you can't let this make you feel overwhelmed. All you can do is live with it just as she's doing." Key said making a good point, his suggestions were actually comforting.
 
"Kamsamnida Key," I said understanding every word that Key said and realizing it was the truth. Key always knew the right words to say to someone to make them feel better.
 
I decided to feed Zoe knowing she was still dazed and confused on why and how she got here, and who I was. I noticed she hasn't said anything else while I was feeding her. I was surprised she didn't refuse to eat because I was feeding her. She looked as if she was meditating on something.
 
"What are you thinking about?" I asked her snapping her out of her daze. I was hoping she was trying to remember me.
 
"Oh, aniyo."
 
I just continued to feed her and she went back into her daze meditating again. I watched her make weird gestures with her face and she then turned to me.
 
"Jinki!" She said with a bright smile across her face.
 
My eye became enlarged and I was speechless. Did she just say my name? I thought she had forgotten about me. I was just as confused as she had been.
 
"Neh Jagiya it's me."
 
"I knew it was you, I had to remember you're name. It's too many names to remember when you introduced me to your dongsengs. I can't remember all of your names. How could I when they're all in Korean and not English." 
 
I lightly kissed her on  lips, my love hasn't forgotten my name, nor has she forgotten about me. I love the ones that are here in my life: my wife, daughter, and dongsengs. 
 

A/N: Please leave comments and subscribe, thank you :)