Amie Has a Boyfriend?

When Jinki Takes Care of Me {Precious Life Sequel}

A/N: I guess I should go back to having fun when it comes to writing for my readers. I've been thinking way too hard on how to go about keeping the stories interesting, but I get bored reading them myself 


After a long day of work, I was enthused about seeing Amie and discussing how my day went with my mom although I had already discussed it with my mother in law. It just seems to me that Jinki would never understand the discrimination I encountered, not only as a foreigner, but as his wife, I've suffered enough since I've been here in Korea. Usually people's hurtful words wouldn't bother but hearing my mothers words of encouragement would only strengthen me for the moment so I decided to video call her.


"How did your first day go?" My mom asked.


"Not good... The moment I walked in I felt out of place, not welcomed, and burdened. I know Jinki didn't expect it to go as it went either since I've worked for them before but I don't want to stay at all."


"So tell me what happened."


"So you know I already rather keep my marriage life private for many reasons and the woman that happened to be filing my paper work today just seemed so envious, and bitter towards my marriage, pregnancy and being educated and knowledgable. She went on about Jinki and I being married in the public eye and questioning me about my pregnancy. She previously miscarried but I let her know I was only there for work, not to discuss my personal life."


"I should've already known that was going to be an issue..."


"Yeah which is why didn't want to start back work in the first place because no matter where I work, I'm criticized for being a foreigner but Jinki just wanted to take your word of advice without thinking it through about how well working wasn't going to go for me and now he kind of regret telling me to start back work again. He wants to me work nearby at the CoEx Artium." I felt like my mother should take the blame for wanting me to start work immediately so far into my pregnancy.


"I thought about it too that you probably shouldn't be working this far along into your pregnancy just to have to go on maternity leave a few months later."


I was completely irritated by mom at this point. She thought she knew what was best for me when she hasn't even considered the burden it would be for me and I just wanted Jinki here with me. By the time my short lived conversation with mom was over, I prepared to bathe before dinner with Amie and as I sat in tub, I gave Jinki a call through FaceTime. I needed to see his face that I missed so much already.


"Jinki!" I was excited to see his face but he seemed like he had been sleeping before I called. "Did I wake you up?"


"Appa!" Amie screamed in excitement.


"Aniya, I was supposed to have been up for dinner. You're ...How's my princess?"


"I'm in the tub, how else am I supposed to bathe?" I chuckled at his reaction. "Amie has been well so far, especially during her first recital. Mom thinks Amie met her first boyfriend today and she also made new friends."


"Neh, Namjachingu?!"


"Eung so cute!"


"She's not allowed to have a boyfriend."


"Oh Jinki they're only little kids and it's the cutest thing ever. I think you're getting jealous Amie is giving another guy attention." I could definitely see that Jinki was getting a little jealous and was cute.


"It's not like that!" Jinki whined. So do you think you'll stay at Étude?"


Although I didn't want to bring it up again I had to get it off my chest. "No, I don't see myself working there anymore. It's not for me but I feel like I shouldn't have charged our Macy's credit that needs to be paid off... I don't know what to do..."


"We'll take it say by day, and do what's best for you. You don't have to work right now. Yumi will be here soon and that's already enough work for you."


"I know I'm ready for Yumi to be here already, she's causing me discomfort. I find myself repositioning her lately because she moves so much and sleeps in the most uncomfortable positions. She's moving right now and won't sit still."


"I hope you sleep well tonight. What's for dinner?"


"I can't remember...I'm not cooking dinner, your mom is."


"You seemed to remember a lot that happened today."


"I know, it feels I only forget things that happened long ago. I just have a lot on my mind right now that's all."


"Well don't be too concerned. I don't want you worrying too much."


"Appa?!" Amie shouted at Jinki in the midst of our conversation.


"Yes princess?"


"Where are you and when are you coming home?" Amie asked as she stumbled over her words.


"Appa is busy working. I can't come home now."


"Appa!" Amie whined.


"Don't you like your new friends in your ballet class?"


"Shireo!" She folded her arms and glared into the camera.


"Why are you being like this? Umma told me you had a boyfriend, what's his name?"


"Namjachingu eobseoyo!"


"Yeah you do, umma said his name is Manse."


"Umma why'd you tell appa? You said it was a secret!"


"You two seem to have a lot of secrets." Jinki stated making me giggle.


"His name is Manse, and he's one of three boys. They're triplets: Daehan, Minguk, and Manse. They're all so handsome, it makes me want to have a boy."


"Zoe you know I don't plan to have anymore children anytime soon after Yumi."


"Why? I love making babies. Besides one of them reminds me of you."


"What do you mean why? We have a daughter and another baby on the way. I know how exhausting having a baby is, and I think we should give it some more time in between. I'm not looking forward to you having to give a painful birth."


"The more kids you have the easier it is to give birth."


"So you say..." Jinki ignored me.


"Your birthday is coming up soon, what are you planning to do?"


"Nothing I'm going to be working. I wish to spend it with my family."


"What's stopping you?"


"You'll be in Korea while I'm in Japan. And you better not think to catch a flight to Japan after the doctor ordered you not to."


"You hear that Amie? Appa doesn't want us to come see him. He's being so mean." 


"I'm serious Zoe!"


"Okay! I heard you but nothing is promised and I'm not just saying that to be spiteful or to not listen to you, but it's the holiday season and I want us all to be together as a family."

"Zoe you don't even celebrate holiday's."

"So I still want our family to be together to make memorable moments. Don't you want mommy and daddy to be together Amie?"

"Eung!" Amie replied and Zoe rewarded her with a kiss for agreeing with her.

 

Jinki decided to give up on telling me that I shouldn't be taking flights and decided let Amie and I finish bathing so we could eat dinner and get ready for bed. Once I was prepared for bed I face-timed Jinki one last time before I fell asleep. He face was the list thing I wished to see before falling asleep. I felt at ease and knew these two weeks would go by quickly.