Assumptions, No Friends, and a New Job

When Jinki Takes Care of Me {Precious Life Sequel}

A/N: I apologize for the errors, I went back and edited it. I must've been sleep typing when I wrote the draft and didn't edit it before I released to it to my readers XD

"Admit you liked her!"


  "Mmm it's good!" Jinki took a sip of his drink and ignored me.


"Admit it!" 


"Fine! I did before you and I met. Are you happy?"


"No you lied to me earlier and said you didn't. By the way I remember more than what you think. You don't think I forgot abolut the time you fell on top of her?" 


"Zoe-yah, she's more like a sister to me to be honest. I liked her just a little before we met, but since then I've only had eyes for you, and Luna was happy for the both of us when we she found out we were going to get married even though she still liked me. You obviously don't remember much." She's so hard headed and just wants to purposely find something wrong with our relationship. I just want to ttakkbam her forehead but she's too pretty to have to be walking around with a red mark on her forehead.


I decided to ignore his last statement and eat and sip on my latte quietly. I love Jinki so much but sometimes he gets on my nerves and doesn't understand how protective I am of our relationship. 


After sitting in silence for so long Amie asked, "Umma, why're always upset at appa?"


"Mianhae I'll be nice to him." I said with the biggest sense of sarcasm.


"Pft, whatever..." Jinki scoffed while I gave him a glare and rolled my eyes at him and took a sip of my latte. 


When finished breakfast, we rode in the car in silence and just allowed the music to play. I had realized were taking a route I had been unfamiliar with. I didn't bother to ask where he was taking us, instead I just allowed him to drive us to our destination. 

 

"Amie do you want to go for a walk in the snow?"


"Neh oppa! Jaemiseoyo."


"Arraseo!" The car had came to a stop. "Alright let's go!" Jinki took Amie out of her car seat while I remained seated in the car thinking about what Jinki and I discussed earlier. I absolutely hated being upset over such a minor dispute, but what I more so hated was taking it out on Jinki, but I don't think he understand that he's already taken, yet women continuously try to come onto him like he's not a married man.


Jinki came around to my side of the car opening up the door and asked, "Are you coming out?" 


"Eung..." I managed to speak.


"Zoe-yah..." He sighed at me, "Please stop being upset over something so small. Not only does it frustrate me but it hurts me as well making me feel as if I did something wrong."


I sat there unable to speak. Jinki is precious to me and I always throw tantrums towards him when he's done nothing wrong and this isn't the first time but it certainly needs to be the last. 


"Let's go take a walk and talk about it, but you have to promise me one thing, that'll you'll listen to what I have to say before you speak your mind, arraseo?" I nodded and stepped out of the car. He grabbed my hand allowing our fingers to intertwine. "So what seems to be to problem?" Jinki started while we walked the white snowy scenery. 

 

I couldn't say anything because I honesty, truly didn't know what the problem was myself. "Why do you keep getting upset at me? Hmm?" While he spoke to me, Amie ran around freely. "Tell me." He was trying to get an answer out of me.


"I don't know..."


"Tell me. Something's bothering you." He begged.


"Jinki I don't know." I became frustrated and my face became warm in the harsh cold that nipped at bare faces.

 
"Baby you can't just be getting upset of you don't what you're upset for. 


"I know oppa..."


I seemed to know what she exactly didn't know know: our past. It was eating her up inside and turning her into someone I never thought I would come to know. I absolutely despised that there was nothing I could do to cure her illness and bring back the Zoe I once knew before. I still love her with all of my heart but it's not easy to accept that she'll never be the same but I have hopes that she'll be better.


"Let's just take everything day by day. I think I know what the issue is. You not being able to remember everything frustrates you, but you can't just take it out on me, okay? We're both trying to get through this and I know its not an easy process or a just simple task to handle but we have to work together through because I feel like you're not trying and you not putting your trust into me to take care of you."


"Mianhapnida." I used formal language to show my sincerity towards him."


"We're getting all the help we need from our doctors. Just be grateful we have parents like ours to help us. Not only that but, to be grateful that we've done well with raising our daughter together and your illness has not hindered you from being a good mother or wife."


I said nothing but listened to him as I said I would. I absolutely hate being a burden to Jinki but it's so frustrating to wake up one day and not understand why I'm even here or how I even started a family.


"Just be happy you're here and still able to function. You actually do a lot without my help but I know you still need me. You're just spoiled that's all, and it's all my fault you're such a rotten brat." 


"Oppa I'm not rotten." We spoke without arguing, but just having a casual conversation. We walked with our fingers intertwined and watched the beautiful scenery.


"Yes you are."


"Then what're you then?"


"I'm not rotten."


"But you're definitely spoiled and get what you want from me even when I tell you 'no'." I was referring to .


"And when I tell you 'no', what do you do?"


I didn't say anything.


"You whine and nag at me for telling you 'no' so you can have your way. Now I know where Amie gets her tantrums from. You two are one in the same." Jinki didn't mind Zoe and Amie were alike, he thought they were both adorable when they were upset but had to apply boundaries for their behavior when they got out of line.


"I do not!" 


"Okay... You're doing it now."


"Oppa!" I said in my annoying whiney voice.


"Jagiya!" He mocked me in an annoying whiney voice as well.


While we continued to walk Amie proceeded to run around until we came to a stop and sat on a dry bench. "Appa look!" Amie picked up snow and threw it in the air watching it fall down.


"Are you having fun?"


"Eung. Make a snowball." She told him without using her manners.


"Amie if you want you want something you should ask politely." Jinki told her.


"Can you make me a snowball please?"


"Yes Amie I will make one for you but the snow is fresh and soft so it probably won't stay if I try to make it into a snowball." Before he knew it Amie picked up snow and threw it in his face. Although her playfulness was harmless, it was unacceptable.

 
"Omo! Amie don't throw snow in appa's face. You can throw it anywhere but his face and hair." I told her.


"Shireo!" Amie yelled at me.


"Yah! You know better than to talk to umma like that now come here!"


"Shireo!" Amie whine and stamped her feet.


"Cut it out now!" Jinki raised his voice, which he hardly ever did, but Amie's before was completely unacceptable.

 
"Umma!" Tears flowed down Amie's flushed red face. She wailed loudly causing a scence.


"Why are you acting like a brat?!" I asked her once she came to sit down with me on the bench. "If you want to play, you have to play nicely and throwing snow in your dads face is not acceptable, arraseo?" She didn't say anything but wiped the tears from her face and continued to whimper. "Amie answer me."


"Yeh."


"You keep this up umma and appa will NOT be buying you anything for you, until you can prove to us you're a big girl. And throwing tantrums will not get you your way, arraseo?" Amie's birthday was coming soon and Jinki, Minho, and Amie were all celebrating together.


"Yeh." She spoke formally again, followed by a series of sniffles.


"And next time you'll definitely get a spanking," Jinki added. His face red well from the cold snow.


"Ugh I need to use restroom I think that latte has gotten to me. My bladder is going to explode and I can't deal with this."


"There's a restroom right over there, I'll walk you." Jinki and I linked arms and with his other side he held Amie's hand.

 
While I used a restroom I thought about what all was going on. Everything again was too much for me to deal with. Jinki and I getting into altercations, and Amie's distasteful behavior had been stressful. I believe Jinki when he said I should take it day by day. I also thought yoga would be relieving, so I had to reconsider my thought and actions from before.


"You know Amie you can't talk to me and umma like that. Next time you'll be in trouble." Jinki said while he took Amie for a short walk and talked to her. "You're going to become a big sister, and umma will have another baby, so we can't constantly keeping disciplining you. You should already know better, and if you don't want to get a spanking you should listen to us and be a good girl because we will not reward such behavior, arraseo?"


"Eung."


"You should speak formally when you're talking to an adult, arraseo?"


"Yes sir." 


Once I finished using the restroom, I stepped out and expected Jinki and Amie to be waiting but they were no where in sight. My worst fear was being left alone somewhere I wasn't familiar with. 


"Jinki?" I called out loud waiting for a response. "Lee Jinki?!" I called louder. There was always a reason to panic when being left alone, it's like losing your mom in the market or grocery store. After getting no response, I tried to remain calm and looked around to see if I spot him anywhere but I had no remembrance of what he was wearing. "Jinki!!!" At the third call I began to become scared and cry hysterically. I couldn't believe I was being left behind by my husband and daughter. 


"Zoe-yah, jwoesonghapnida." I heard Jinki's voice in the distance, but I couldn't see him since my vision ha been blurred. What seemed to have been a duration, he came after the third time I called him. "Jwoesonghapnida, I'm here." He reassured me kissing me on the forehead and brought my head to his chest.


"Oppa-I-thought-you-left-me." I cried in grief, not able to speak fluently. 


"Jagiya I would never."


"Umma is crying?" Amie's question was ignored.


"But you did!"


"Zoe I didn't leave you, Amie and I were just going for a little walk and I had a talk with her. I heard you calling and I tried to get here as fast as I could, I was afraid that you were hurt, but you're fine. I'm sorry you thought I left you, but that's something would never cross mind. I love you too much to do such a thing. Now your poor little face is flushed and red. Your eyes are puffy as well. You're too beautiful to cry." His corny love lines always made me smile and feel warm on the inside. "You know what my biggest fear is? You getting hurt because of me."