Remembering a Special Occasion

When Jinki Takes Care of Me {Precious Life Sequel}

A/N: I'm sorry for the short chapter, I'll make another update soon :)

Before she decided to join him again, she had an epiphany and never thought her memory would come back at a time like this. She pulled out her cell phone to check the date and it had dawned on her. Today was November 12th. The tears began to flow down her face as she silently cried, as she tried not to draw attention I herself. It was their anniversary. It all had made sense to her. The entire vacation they had taken is their honeymoon, and she didn't understand why he'd allow her to go all this time without knowing. Zoe had felt distressed, and aguish but could not display it towards her husband because she felt she had already caused him enough grief and pain within the past few days, as well as months and years.

My heart aches so severely. I am in disbelief that I even remembered what today is, but I am grateful to share today with him, not only today, but my life. He's been under enough distress because of me, and addition to that, his job. I'd rather not cause him anymore grief. I must make tonight special for the both of us.
Zoe had spoke with the man on the boat about if there were any upcoming events that night, which there were and Zoe wasn't going to tell Jinki about her special plans that she had just for him.

"Excuse me sir I have another question." She asked in English.

"I'd be pleased to answer."

"Are there any bakery's or cooking classes here in this nearby location that you would know of?" She felt it would be memorable learning how to cook Thai food with her husband.

"About 10km from Ao Nang Wat Sai Thai and Ao Nam Mao. This school offers one-day Thai cooking courses."

The entire time he spoke Zoe became confused and sat there for a few seconds and stared at him. "Can you repeat that again so I can remember? I'm sorry." She apologized as she pulled out her phone to jot it down in her notepad. She wished she could ask Jinki for help but realized when he's not around she had to be independent and needed to learn how to not to be so dependent on him.

"I completely understand as a tourist traveler that the names are unfamiliar to you." He replied condescendingly and repeated himself.

"Thank You!" Zoe browsed the web to see if she could located the address as well as a telephone number to get the hours they were available, and sure enough they had been available that evening for an evening class. Zoe had to confide in herself that she'd remembered what time they should arrive. She felt confident in herself for the first time without her husband and had hopes that all of her plans she wanted to arranged, she'd be able to follow through with them.

As she finished her phone call, she turned attention to her husband swimming in the ocean playfully, and decided to gear up and go back to join him.

"You decided to join me again I see?"

"Well I don't want you to play by yourself. It seems lonely and I'm bored now so I'll enjoy my time with you. It's our last night here in Krabi and I want to make the best out of it."

"Who were you on the phone with earlier?" Jinki suddenly questioned his wife.

"Weh-yo?" Zoe asked defensively, as a sense of wonder came over making her believe he had overheard her conversation.

"I was just wondering." He backed down.

"Really, it was nothing." She felt nervous and anxious about keeping the secret.

"Well come look at this down in the water, I have something to show you." The two had swam down to the ocean floor and discovered there were clams and seashells Jinki knew Zoe would be fascinated with. They collected several clams and put them on the boat and went back down to grabbed a few seashells to keep as well to wrap up their last few minutes on the ocean floor.

"Jinki these clams and seashells are enormous, it's so unreal. I've never seen anything like it, it's amazing." Zoe was amazed they were able to discover nature up close.

Jinki had been amused by her reaction. "How about we cook the clams tonight?"

"Tonight? S-sure why not." It was not what she had in mind, but she'd do anything for Jinki.

Jinki knew Zoe was a very picky eater and was not willing to eat something she had just found on the ocean floor. "Are you sure you're going to eat them? I don't want to be the only one eating clams tonight." He wanted to reassure himself to see Zoe would agree again.

"Yes Jinki, I'll try it." Although she didn't know what clams tasted like, she thought she'd try it tonight just for her husband since today was a special day for the two.

"I'm just making sure, I don't want to hear you complaining about the taste or being so picky."

She stuck her tongue out and said, "Oppa didn't you say you wanted to go swimming today?"

"Yes, why?"


"I was thinking we should play a game when get to the pool." She had something dirty up her sleeves.


"What kind of game?"


"You'll know when we get there, but first I want to walk on the beach and find some more rocks and seashells."


Once the boat had gotten back to the shore, Zoe and Jinki had splashed in the water briefly and collected rocks, until Jinki had cut toe and began to bleed.